[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAW general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 215x121) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 215x121
What DAW do you use?
Did you pay for it?
How did you learn to use it?

DAW general discussion.
>>
>>55518193
fl studio/ableton and reaper.
no
youtube and reading the MANUAL
>>
File: renoise glitchy.jpg (709 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
renoise glitchy.jpg
709 KB, 1920x1080
>>55518193
Renoise

when it only cost me 50 dollars and came with years of free updates, damn right.

I used it heaps and I got better at using it by using it heaps.
>>
FL10
lmao
youtube and ghost production
>>
>>55518233
Why do you pirate namefag? Are you poor, shitty or both?
>>
>>55518193
>logic
>yes
>got a couple of books and worked through them
>>
>>55518258
Cool. How much does it cost now?
>>
>>55518193
>Logic and Ableton
>actually
>by not being an inbred
>>
General question:
What kinda music do you produce?
>>
>>55518305
90 bucks.
>>
File: reason2protools.l.jpg (91 KB, 700x571) Image search: [Google]
reason2protools.l.jpg
91 KB, 700x571
>What DAW do you use?
ProTools
Reason
izotope RX
Triumph (mastering/DDP)
various media converters
various audio analysis and acoustics tools
>Did you pay for it?
yeah I pay for everything fam. acoustics stuff is 'spensive too
>How did you learn to use it?
studied audio engineering (Berklee) but otherwise learned through use, tutorials, manuals, mentors and colleagues, etc
>>
>>55518261
Look at my name
>>
>>55518417
y-youre a wizard?
>>
>>55518350
Cool. Jelly AF

>>55518417
So both? What do you produce? Why do you use 2 daws?
>>
a-audacity
>>
>What DAW do you use?
Logic X
>Did you pay for it?
Yes
I would argue that I really haven't. I learn by just doing things. Right now I mostly use Logic to get rough song ideas recorded so I don't forget them or some shit. I really want to learn the ins and outs of the DAW but I have yet to find a good way to do this.
>>
>>55518610
well you got some auda... i mean nerve
>>
>>55518505
everybody in the industry knows most the daws with protools always being known by everyone. but ableton is become the most know standard. fl studio is what i started with and still popular amongst hip hop

>What do you produce?
French house is what i love making the most,But I also sell shitty trap beats to local rappers in my area and friend of mine wants me to duo with him to try to make edm for money

But i only produce in my spare time because making money off music is for the very very few
>>
>>55518193
Reaper
No
Youtube and manual

I really like Reaper. It's plugins like EQ and Compressor are supreme, and everything about it is extremely customizable.
>>
>>55518193
215x121 screenshot?

how fucking tiny is your pc monitor?
>>
>>55518997
I've been using audacity for a while and I was looking to upgrade. I think I'll try Reaper.
>>
Sony Acid
no
dicking around

before I used AudioMulch, before that Audacity, before that GarageBand lmao
>>
>>55519390
That's just some Logic pic from google tbh
>>
audacity
no
it's not too hard to use for making music
>>
>>55519447
What kinda music?
>>
Ableton

Tutorials, help from friends and just messing around with it. Haven't made anything in over 3 months though because my laptop died
>>
>>55518193

production thread in disguise bump
>>
File: lemon_smug.jpg (44 KB, 179x173) Image search: [Google]
lemon_smug.jpg
44 KB, 179x173
>>55520952
heh I was thinking the same thing
>>
>>55520952
Never been to a production thread. Next time I'll check the archive and do a proper one.
>>
>>55518193
>What DAW do you use?
Ableton Live 8 lite for sequencing outboard gear, audacity for ripping tapes.
>Did you pay for it?
I got for free with my audio interface.
Trial and error
>>
>>55521305
what innaface you got? just gearcurious.
>>
>>55521327
focusrite 2i2
>>
>>55521360
ah nice. that's a jim dandy.
>>
How do you guys get FL for free? Every time I try and torrent it there is a voucher code.
>>
How much music theory would you say is necessary in order to be able to propely learn to use a DAW? I wanna start learning soon and I'm a little hesitant...
>>
>>55521652
you don't need any, but knowledge is power. there isn't much more to say about than that. why not learn both together. get a book about synthesis and a book about music theory (or just like, youtube and wikihow and shit) and DAW away
>>
>>55521785
I definitely want to. Problem is I live in a country where English isn't the primary language, and I wonder if learning theory in English would be a waste of time since if I'm ever to make music with other people, the process won't be in English.
>>
>>55521866
huh. interesting problem. idunno bro. idunno.
>>
>>55522005
meh. I guess I'm overthinking again. Fuck it, English it is, they'll manage.
>>
reminder that if you're 20+ and still not making money producing music you should kill yourself and get a mature hobby
>>
>>55518193
learned on FL originally, realized it's trash and switched to Ableton. taught myself both
>>
>>55520952
only it doesnt have that shitawful op image
>>
>>55522250
shots fired lmao
>>
FL Studio
Yes
By fucking around with it for years until I figured it out

>>55518331
Bleeps
To be specific, mostly autonomic style drum & bass and experimental stuff

captcha: neatc
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.