[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 4e6c6fb2.jpg (45 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
4e6c6fb2.jpg
45 KB, 658x658
Thoughts?
>>
It's a good album, but not a good Daft Punk album.
>>
instant crush and within are terrible
>>
dissapointing
>>
boring as fuck
>>
File: 1368061290574.jpg (73 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1368061290574.jpg
73 KB, 400x388
>hooooooold on
>if love is the answer you're wrong
>>
>>55392370
Good from start to finish, an interesting change from Daft Punks previous work. 8/10.
>>
>>55392615
how is it interesting? they went from somewhat interesting electronic to full on pop. i don't get why they didn't keep making new vocal samples for newer work. human after all was like their peak or something.
>>
I've listened to it a few times and each time I find myself unengaged by it. The production is neat and clean but the music itself dull and listless. The features themselves range from alright to abysmal (Panda Bear). Overall I think it's just terrible and only highlights that Daft Punk are talentless and should return to making soulless EDM.
>>
randomly accessed
>>
Good album. A fair amount of pop ballads/radio filler, but songs like Giorgio by Moroder and Touch are engaging, dynamic, and interesting. Plus, the attention to detail in the production is incredible, and something semi unprecedented in modern pop. It doesn't break any new ground, but it treats its influences with respect and care.

Top 5 2013 pop, 7/10
>>
>>55392370
I used to think it was good as a non-Daft Punk album, but too much of robots making music for humans would sound like because of the really clean production (as opposed to what they did before which was like humans making music for robots), but then I realized this is a concept album and it made it amazing to me as a Daft Punk album.
>>
OP here. The clean and detailed production is quite astonishing on this album, and also the reason this is my fav DP. I don't care too much for any of their previous releases.
>>
>>55392845
...The Julian Casablancas and Pharrell songs are the worst by far though.
>>
Kinda related, I loved Taylor Swift's reaction to loosing the AOTY to this.

I liked Red, but this was far better.
>>
>>55392645
Doin' it Right was good though, not the best on record, but good
>>
No love for Beyond?

The lyrics were a bit meh, but the instrumental at the start was great.
>>
>>55392704
The first 1:48 of Touch were annoying and unnecessary. Other than that, it's a fantastic.
>>
Great, one of my favorites from the 10s
>>
>>55392455
isn't it
>if love is the answer hold on
also
>I am lost and I can't even remember my name
>>
>>55392705

This.
It's one of my favorite albums, actually.
>all 5/5's inc. "Horizon" bonus track, a 4 for Crush & 3 for Contact
When I first heard the album, and specifically just heard the beautiful vocoder on The Game of Love....
They truly reached a pinnacle of 'creating human emotion from robots' ("those robots are 'human after all'", or electronic instrumentation) on this song.
+ the drums are just an eargasm on their own -- in fact, each part of every track on the album has a shine that drastically little other music has currently
>>
>>55392370
I liked the album, but some of the songs bring it down.
>>
File: WP_20150425_17_57_11_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150425_17_57_11_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 1728x3072
>>55392455
>>55393637

dickheads
>>
>>55394861
>3/5 for Contact

y
>>
>>55396044

I like it as a cool "let's push our machine to the max as we're burning up through the atmosphere when coming back down to Earth and if we're going out, we're going out as a shooting star in the sky" from it, but it just didn't/doesn't really hit a level that feels like enough for me after loving the rest so much.
However, the bonus track is necessary, I feel. It is such a beautiful, relaxing aftermath of blowing up through making "Contact". As the robots come back down to Earth, the best they can do is appreciate the planet's "Horizon".
>>
>>55394861
>implying contact isn't the best song on the album
>>
>>55396044
>>55396240

Should have given one of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHYDFc4Rck
>>
Disappointing for a Daft Punk album.
>>
perfectly mixed. it has a soft comfy sound to it that is fucking amazing.
>>
>>55396350
Agreed...can't recall a better mixed album in recent years
>>
>>55392627
>to full on pop
Daft Punk have always had pop influences, the album is in the style of Funk though.
>>
>>55396457
gkmc comes close, but not quite as good. both were mixed through analog, so maybe that has somethign to do with it, but its probably their 1000$ mixing magic boxes they use too.
>>
Contact is so good it makes me sad at the rest of the album.
>>
It has some good songs, but it's disjointed as an album. I give them credit for putting the conceit "random" in the title.

Good
>Give Life
>Instant Crush
>Lose Yourself

Great
>Beyond
>Motherboard
>Horizon

Bad
>Within
>Doin' It Right
>Fragments of time

Botched versions of potentially great songs
>Get Lucky
>Giorgio

Vastly Underrated
>Game of Love

Overrated
>Touch
>Contact
>>
Also, this album was clearly fodder for their next tour, and it fits with their symmetrical theme.

Homework.
Discovery.

Human. After. All.
Random. Access. Memories.
>>
>>55397594

>LOSE YOURSELF TO DANCE
>GOOD
>NOT THE WORST SONG ON THE ALBUM
>>
>>55392370
the drums are incredible, and the whole mixing is so sweet, loved giorgio part in giorgio by moroder. wasn't expecting it. contact was my fav song, along with touch. 9.5/10
>>
It was a necessary album that re-shaped modern sound.
However, >>55392379
Is correct.
>>
>>55398529
>>55392379
What's that supposed to mean?

Is it not as good as their previous releases, or is it "unexpected" from a group like Daft Punk?
>>
I enjoy black men on guitar but am scared of robots 4/10 its gud for a party
>>
>>55392370
This > daft punk shit
>>
>>55392370
it's the reason i listen to anco so that's something
touch and giorgio moroder are great songs
doin' it right it also pretty good, 7/10 overall
>>
beyond, motherboard, and fragments of time are all 100% shit and useless. should not have been on the record, let alone released.
>>
>>55392370
one of the greatest albums of daft punk, the genre, the past ten years, and possibly of all time. can't recommend it high enough
>>
>>55392370
not enough robit sounds
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.