[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Itt: post sub-genres of music you absolutely can-not stand and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: aye.jpg (105 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
aye.jpg
105 KB, 1600x1067
Itt: post sub-genres of music you absolutely can-not stand and others try to recommend you albums from those said sub-genres that might change your mind a bit.

Genres I hate

>pop punk
>folk punk (i like the violent femmes tho)
>meme rap (I like actual hip hop like digable planets so there's really no point in this on other than to say I dislike it)
>emo (I hate, hate emo. It's the shittier post-hardcore. American Football is one of the worst bands i've ever heard. I do like moss icon tho if they count)
>any revival band (besides interpol, I kinda of like their first album)
>>
>>55358882
also forgot to mention most of metal besides a few bands I really like. Alcest earlier stuff is pretty dang good, for example.
>>
>>55358882
self bump
>>
Meme rap isn't actually a thing, anon.
>>
>Minimal techno
I like ambient techno but not when it sounds minimal
It doesn't make sense I know but when the music is labeled as minimal I just look at it as lazy

>Shoegaze
Again, I like ambient, I like smooth sounds, but shoegaze sounds too forced to me... it always sound like they try to build a comfy soundscape but it ends up sounding bland
I compare it to taking a picture of an uninteresting landscape with a very nice camera

>Sad and dark post-punk
Most post-punk, really
But the sadness that bands like Joy Division try so hard to transmit sounds fake and forced
>>
>>55358882
meme rap isn't a genre you moron
also, liking artists in a sub-genre obviously means you can stand it
>>
File: 32.jpg (8 KB, 246x251) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
8 KB, 246x251
>>55358882
>pop punk
In With The Out Crowd
Fenix TX s/t
Foot In Mouth Disease
Hurry Up and Wait
All Killer No Filler
Last Stop Suburbia
>>
>>55359502
Try some faster-paced shoegaze, like Coaltar of the Deepers - Yukari Telepath
>>
>>55359502
>Minimal Techno
idk but I like Here We Go Sublime by the Field a bit
>shoegaze
try Band of Susans and Black Tambourine

>post-punk
try the Chameleons and the Comsat Angels

>>55359618
I have listened to half of those bands and do not like them but will check out the rest thanks.
>>
>>55358882
>Rap
>EDM
>Dub/Reggae/Ska
>Latin Pop (Bachata like)
>>
>>55359623
I'm listening to The Bear EP because I thought trying something shorter would be nice
You know, this is fun, but something about it sounds too "technical"... like, the vocals sound a bit like robots
Not bad, I'm on the third track and it sounds like a Digimon soundtrack
>>55359716
People say good things about Chameleons I might try them
>>
>>55358882
>folk punk

have you tried Nana Grizol - Love It Love It
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.