[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hip-Hop General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4
File: imagem59.jpg (64 KB, 681x671) Image search: [Google]
imagem59.jpg
64 KB, 681x671
Any aspiring rappers on /mu/?
>>
>>55287410
Tryinna be a rapper son real hard too boy u nahm sayin we be out here and shit kickin mad rhymes MAD RHYMES son
>>
Eh, I don't think you can really be an aspiring rapper and get praise on /mu/. Too much thinly veiled racism.

I like producing and have sold a few beats. Nothing too special though.
>>
>>55287617
is it really THINLY VAILED anon?

THINLY?

VAILED?
>>
>>55287617
share them? and not all rappers are black.
>>
>>55287690
You're right, my bad

>>55287818
I know, but even if the person is white they're bound to be called a "wigger" or something. Here's one I put out recently https://soundcloud.com/thrrow/2pm . Like I said it's nothing too special but i have fun making them.
>>
>>55287410
Is that kid looking at drake like "I wanna be like you" or like "I fucking hate your guts, I'm gonna make proper hip hop" or like "who the fuck put this in my room?" or like "damn this nigga looks good enough to eat"
>>
>>55287931
nigga be wearing a pink hearts boxer and holding a TV remote he's probably stoned out of his mind right now
>>
>>55287410
I'm an aspiring musician that raps/produces on the side of my main project. I think I'm good, but thats a biased opinion.

https://soundcloud.com/ian-mugerwa
listen to some if you want. a couple beats a bit of rapping.

>>55287617
Who cares if the racism is more out in the open on an anonymous board. irl it's still there, and its pretty much as apparent, it's just harder to get the person to admit to it.
>>
>>55287931
>>55287982
drake the type of nigga that pink heart boxer wearing niggas wanna look at an aspire to become
>>
>>55288042

just as apparent*
>>
File: fc,550x550,heather_grey_2.jpg (75 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,heather_grey_2.jpg
75 KB, 550x550
>>55288042
Actually it's really not out there anymore

It kind of really LINGERS here
>>
>>55288042
Not bad, I'd work on extending ideas though. As well as when you're rapping, be sure to continue to project so you're audible and sound confident, as well as it will help to extend your phrasing.
>>
Yeah what do you guys think of Shoah LaBeouf as a rapper name?
>>
>>55288147
Not the best but it could be worse.
>>
yeah but I'm white washed mexican guy without a gimmick. also I refuse to curse and be all like gross out since my heroes are kanye west and kid cudi
>>
>>55288130
Hey guys wanna read some of my freestyle?

So I was kicking it at /b/, with my homies like a g

cuz im a real tv, like baked zitti, like ghostface wallabee champ, niggas dont know about fams

epic getz, nigga on some real some super feftch, its not gonna happen, but its all good, boobs can make it rain, lil wayne, im juvenile, hot boy, real nigga, rello, like tyler the creator, but im not a fag, super flow, dont stop, real nigga, on some real shit, fuck all dat nigga nigga, im bangin like TI, in the south, uhhh
>>
>>55288199
You can make it without a gimmick, and you can make it without being gross, but you just need to be good.
>>
>>55288130

cool thanks for the advice
>>
>>55288165
what about Shia La-Buff
>>
>>55287922
We can just ignore it.

>>55287931
The former.
>>
>>55288080

As a black man living in America I can definitely tell you its out there. It's so out there. Still. Racism won't be where you think it is for another 50 years if we're lucky.
>>
>>55288243
Shoah LeBeouf is better

I'd avoid dashes and stuff.
>>
>>55287922
This is pretty cool, I can't see anyone rapping over it but it's very relaxing, I wish I was able to produce.
>>
I've tried but I don't even know where to begin, there's already too many soundcloud rappers who sound exactly the same, I don't want to end up as another one of those

also im really fucking white
>>
>>55288269
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>55288269
Don't call yourself a 'black man' here man

Just outwardly refer yourself as a nigger, and no, I dont mean the PC version nigga, I mean NIGGER

really making yourself look bad there man
>>
>>55288042
What's your main project? Also you should work on your mixing/mastering.
>>
>>55288199
Kanye and Cudi curse.
>>
>>55288290
Thanks!
>>
>>55288209
This nigga thinks he's funny, real grade a clown
but he made that apparent when his mama went down
on my dick like hiroshima, wrecked the city's single beama,
sploded out her nostrals, then high fived the double teama

Bitch
>>
>>55288312
>>55288329

If I were white i guess i'd get a rush from being racist online. Maybe not though. Idk. Seems kind of pathetic. But yeah get it out I suppose.
>>
>>55288269
lol, maybe you shouldn't focus all your energy on being the victim and do something with yourself
>>
>>55288279
What about Shoah LaBuff
>>
Does anyone else have a major problem with lyrics?

I have ideas but it's really difficult to get them out and when I do write something good it's because I was unconsciously aping the style of the last rapper I listened to and then don't sound right when I record it.
>>
>>55287410
yeah but i aint aspirin im up in dis pplace man
>>
I have an interest in rapping and making beats. I kind of want to put my stuff out there but I don't think I have the right voice, of course I've never recorded myself with a proper microphone so who knows.
>>
I'm actually working on a song for my final project in one of my classes that I plan on rapping over.

Quality sounds like shit so far but it's the best I have right now.
>>
>>55288433
jesus christ this so much

when i try to write I find myself just emulating whatever rapper I've been listening to recently, and it's not even a conscious thing it just happens
>>
Ever since I heard hip-hop, I realized that the entire genre is a sugarcoated meme bought by consumers who fall for heavily-marketed bull shit
>>
>>55288402
nigga how you gonna clown a clown

we gonna do this 4chan message board text rap battle again, im gonna wreck your shit like sadam, my mama went down on your like hiroshima, my dicks gonna go down your butt like nagasaki, wasabi, so hot you cant touch, your shit is out of luck, faggot ending his shit with bitch, when he the bitch, looking like a slim young sick, suck balls, nigga think he aesop rocky but hes really just tom green, smoking green, you cant stop me, uh
>>
>>55288377
You're welcome.

>>55288405
Racism can be funny ironically but if I were white I wouldn't do it because then it'd be too easy to be mistaken for an actual racist and fuck that.
>>
>>55288340
main project:
https://soundcloud.com/ian-and-noah

It's more rock/electronic/RnB oriented than my rap project. The rap project honestly is just me fucking around. If I have some creative juices left over after working on this shit, I'll maybe make a beat and rap over it. That kinda thing.
>>
>>55288405
I'm not being personally racist bro. Just telling you referring to yourself as a 'black man' on this website is like a trap saying "i'm a girl" or a "gender challenged female" its just lame
>>
>>55288460
I read today that some ways to help develop your style would be to listen to recordings of yourself so you can get a feel of what you sound like and to take a break from listening to other rappers.

I don't want to do that though, I listen to rap music daily and hearing my own voice like that would be embarrassing.

>>55288458
I just bought a mic last Thursday.
>>
>>55288531
What kind did you buy? I'm thinking of buy an Audio-Technica AT2020. I honestly don't really know much about what makes a good microphone I just heard it's a good cheap one for home studio artists.
>>
>>55288503

If someone's saying that racism outside of 4chan has pretty much vanished I'm going to assume that person is white and it's just hard for them to see it since they don't have to deal with it regularly. So if I correct them, I'll make it clear that I'm a black man so as to indicate why I may be more qualified to make that assessment than them.

It's not at all lame.
>>
>>55288616
Ok single black man whatever
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbG9Li5RmJ8
>>
>>55288574
>Audio-Technica AT2020
I bought an Audio-Technica from fye for 20 dollars, I didn't get that one though.

I haven't gotten to test the mic out all the way yet but the quality seems alright, kind of disappointing.

It hooks up to my laptop though and it was cheap.
>>
File: ohmygod.jpg (200 KB, 1237x644) Image search: [Google]
ohmygod.jpg
200 KB, 1237x644
>yfw soundcloud's main page

ya fuck that shit
>>
>>55287410
Yes

But my shit is very nontraditional

idk if it's even worth it but it helps with my depression
>>
>>55288665
Damn, got excited when I saw it was twenty dollars. But I guess alright is actually pretty good for twenty. Maybe I'll check it out.
>>
>>55288483
bitch u stanky
go home and wanky
>>
>>55288684
link?

>>55288815
Go for it, man, I'm still having a lot of trouble with lyrics and style and not being embarrassed but maybe I'll get somewhere?
>>
how do i learn to rap
>>
>>55289176
google
>>
>>55289196
I already posted more in depth in this thread and nobody answered
I thought you might prefer a straightforward question
>>
>>55289216
Where was your original post?
>>
>>55289295
this one. >>55288297 Just realized I didn't explicitly ask for help, my b
>>
I'm not a rapper but here in baltimore i know a few like Butch Dawson, Abdu Ali & JPEGMAFIA. but yea like someone up top said too much "LOLBLACKPEOPLE" shit on here for anyone to take it seriously unless it's funny or ironic or pitchfork approved. But in case anyone cares i'll put links to some of their shit below they all.

Butch Dawson: https://soundcloud.com/jujuanallen/sets/lower-mercury-album-1

Adbu Ali: https://soundcloud.com/abduali

JPEGMAFIA: http://jpegmafia.net/

Witty Rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEE3SDJVWDI
>>
>>55289343
I don't now what to say, have you identified your problems?
>>
>>55289380
Is Jpeg as mentally unstable as his twitter makes him out to be?
>>
>>55289406
I don't know, I just don't understand how rhyme scheme works I guess? Like, I can get one word or phrase rhyming and make a few bars rhyming that one word/phrase, but I don't really know where else to go from there
>>
>>55289144
I think I will. Confidence is definitely key for being a rapper. Even just an internet rapper. I used to have a hard time writing lyrics, still do sometimes. All you can do is keep writing until you find your voice. I find it easier when you come up with a specific concept for a song. Like today I wrote a song about water and how I feel envious of it for "flowing so freely." If it's your dream you should definitely keep pursuing it.
>>
>>55289417

I don't follow him on twitter but i met him at the crown a few weeks ago and he's just fucking weird..like ... he literally might be the most socially akward person i've ever met I think he has aspergers or something. But he and butch had such an awesome show that it kinda works for him so idk to answer u i guess he is
>>
I rap
>>
>>55289442

i don't mean to be discouraging, but maybe try another hobby. All of the good rappers and musical people I know had an intuitive feel for something as basic as rhyme scheme. You just kinda...see/feel shapes in your head, ride the feeling and raps come out. Idk how else to describe it.

but if trying to rap makes you happy, fuck it go for it.

source: I rap.
>>
>>55289497
Check his twitter, he's really fucking adamantly racist
Not in a Talib Kweli or Ice Cube way, like in a "I don't think he wants white people listening to his music" way
>>
>>55287410
Don't have the lyrical ability to be a rapper so I stick to producing, have a few good beats but nothing really amazing, I've drifted into just making instrumental songs.
>>
>>55289545
I dunno, it's just something I really wanna do. I've been a visual artist for years but hip-hop's been inspiring me in a way that visual arts never have. I listen to like, six or seven hip-hop albums a day. I'd love to figure out how to do it but I don't know.
>>
>>55289442
You can do whatever you want regarding rhyme scheme, the way I do it is have two bars rhyming with the same sound and then change it for the second two bars.

>>55289474
It is my dream, I really really want to be a rapper but I'm a nerdy black guy and a perfectionist. I feel embarrassed just thinking about putting out music and I have no confidence whatsoever, the only thing I have confidence in is my opinion regarding movies.

>I find it easier when you come up with a specific concept for a song
It's hard to stay on topic for me and keep coming up with a bunch of things to say about the same issue. A lot of my favorite rappers are able to put a different topics in songs, most Drake and Kanye songs are like that.
>>
>>55289577
You post your stuff?

[spoiler]Can you give an example of your lyrics?[/spoiler]
>>
>>55289628
Well, hopefully when you start developing your own style and voice you'll be able to gain some more confidence.
Oh okay, I guess that's just me personally. Either way, just keep writing and writing. Also, have you shown any of your friends your music? Especially someone who makes music maybe? I have a friend who's a rapper and I always find it helpful talking to him about my own music. [spoiler]Especially since we're both awkward white guys.[/spoiler]
>>
>>55289800
dammit wtf spoilers
>>
>>55289800
I haven't actually made any music yet, just wrote fragments of lyrics.

And I don't think spoilers work on /mu/.
>>
>>55289664
I gave up on writing lyrics back in 2013 I don't think I have anything anymore but I'll take a look. Here's my soundcloud for my instrumental stuff if anyone wants to listen, it's been a while since I've uploaded anything.

https://soundcloud.com/astralbeats95
>>
>>55289546

I won't argue with that, his music is really toes the line especially considering how PC everything is. But the way I see it is, he's not saying anything that isn't said on some random forum in some backwoods area of the country everyday by someone else. He's just bold, he's like the rap version of paul mooney A racial tester, he pushes buttons to see who his target really is. He's basically a political rapper presenting everything in an offensive way. I'll check his twitter though to see what you mean
>>
>>55289852
Oh I see, well I honestly wish you nothing but the best in this career path.
And I totally forgot. It's been awhile since I've been on /mu/
>>
i've been rapping for years. not really much to talk about though. i've toured with some cool acts.

it's kind of like talking but faster.
>>
>>55289923
Yeah like I loved the sound of his music but I didn't feel like he really wanted me listening to it, he's said everything but he fucking hates white people
>>
>>55289380

I love Abdu Ali. I gotta check this JPEG guy though, that video was awesome. Butch seems to basic for me not my style. Witty rock is awesome too thanks for this.
>>
>>55289664
Found something I wrote on my phone during science class while I was bored lol

Bill nye the science guy
Flying high in the friendly skies
Shittin on niggas who don't hypothesize
Grabbing acids and bases and making em neutralize
Never look in his eyes
So much intelligence it'll blow your mind to the sky
Walter white? Nah this bill nye
Making meth so pure he ain't never heard of that guy
Shooting down you non-science ass niggas
While he doing calculations using significant figgas
So popular he gets daps from jigga
Doing tv shows to make his money bigga
>>
>>55289860
This is really chill.

>>55289944
Thank you, brotendo.

>>55289953
>it's kind of like talking but faster.
Are you white?
>>
>>55290111
Interesting way to not pay attention in class.
>>
>>55290122
Thanks man, that's generally what I go for. Most of what I listen to is chill so I just reflect that into my music.
>>
File: Gentlemen I Love War.gif (991 KB, 450x252) Image search: [Google]
Gentlemen I Love War.gif
991 KB, 450x252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THHkWQocF3M

So, what does everyone think of Barter 6
Morally, It is an abomination, but It's got some great instrumentals imo.
>>
>>55290122
>Are you white?
on the internet yes. also a girl.
>>
>>55291576
What does that mean???

>>55291546
I hated it.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.