[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: "artists" that you just hate. hate them, hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 22
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
ITT: "artists" that you just hate.
hate them, hate their music, hate their fans, everything
pic fucking related
>>
I try not to hate things. Just take it easy, you know?
>>
>>55261756
why do you hate sufjan stevens's music?
>>
>>55261756
wew lad
>>
>>55261776
i try too
that guy is the only exception
>>
>>55261756
damnit daisy!!
>>
>>55261756
What part of London is this spunk punk from?

I'm a girl btw
>>
>>55261828
Did he hurt you?
>>
I could see hating stuff like Illinois if you aren't into that type of music, because it can come off as kind of pretentious, but how can you hate something like Carrie and Lowell?
>>
File: Sufji34.jpg (75 KB, 278x292) Image search: [Google]
Sufji34.jpg
75 KB, 278x292
>>55261756
But he's so qt
>>
>>55261812
try-hard-self-indulgent-whit- boy-suburban-used-to-be-a-christian music. literally everybody that loves sufjan is the worst. they act like he's the end all be all. Hes so fucking boring and his are fucking lame
>>
>>55261844
>illinois
>pretentious
>carrie and lowell
>not pretentious

I hope that this is just flat out lazy trolling. I really hope you're not that retarded.
>>
>>55261812
because is bad
sad quirky tumblr girl ultra recycled pop trash music, so vapid and insipid
>>
>>55261844
or all delighted people or adz. i get the feeling op hasn't actually listened to sufjan
>>
>>55261756
who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>55261871
>>55261878
what wonderful, educated criticisms.
>>
>>55261871
>try-hard-self-indulgent-whit- boy-suburban-used-to-be-a-christian music.
This. 100% this. It's music for edgy pseudo-spiritual yuppies who left the christianity of their youth. It's so fucking easy. It's low hanging fruit.
>>
>>55261878
what do you listen to? :)
>>
>>55261878
Buzzwords: The Post
>>
>>55261910
i'd wager that the majority of sufjan's fanbase don't believe in god and don't look too far into the religious themes in his music.
>>
>>55261840
yes, the insipidness of his music makes me wanna vomit
>>55261838
>>55261894
i knew this was gonna happen
>>
I feel like hating Sufjan is like the equivalent to hating that one really friendly popular kid in high school that everyone except you loves
>>
>>55261922
>attacking buzzwords with memes
What, you couldn't fit the word "literally" or "cuck" or "reddit" in that anywhere? Come on, son. Try harder.
>>
>>55261756
Lol.
>>
>>55261907
what I can't not like something for being self indulgent? its directionless songwriting with a shit ton of instruments and production thrown on top cause white people eat that shit up. Its the safest music ever.
>but his new album is like acoustic
wow sounds even worse than his old shit. I like my fair share of sufjan songs but at the end the day the guy is boring as shit.
>>
>>55261932
Have you ever fucking met a Sufjan fan? It's non-fucking-stop Oprah-tier spirituality nonsense.
>>
>>55261910
>It's low hanging fruit.
What would you say it's the pinnacle of the genre then?
>>
>>55261918
does it matter?
>>55261922
buzzword is a buzzword by now
>>55261907
>implying it was critisism
i just hate it
>>
>>55261932
i'd wager that you have no idea what the fuck yr talkin bout. they guy makes his christian background pretty well known.
>>
I have yet to hear a focused answer that criticizes Sufjan's music.
>>55261965
Have you heard his music? He composes really beautiful pop songs with a minimalist aesthetic. The instrumentation is always purposeful: trumpets or organs serve as motivic aids. Glockenspiels add ethereal tones. It's never random.
>>
>>55261971
>What would you say it's the pinnacle of the genre then?
English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?
>>
>>55261946
that's exactly what it is. people can't handle that someone can simultaneously make awesome music and be well-adjusted.

>>55261970
i myself am a sufjan fan. and i don't talk about religion unless it's brought up by people like you who are so obsessed with it.

>>55261988
when did i ever say that sufjan doesn't make his christian background known?
>>
>>55262000
Yes, but not very good apparently.
Answer the question.
>>
>inb4 animal collective video is posted
>>
The same people dismissing Sufjan probably think classical music is shit too, simply because they don't have the attention span for it.
>>
>>55261989
yes buddy I have listened to his music a lot. used to be a big fan until I realized i was being tricked by shit songwriting and pseudo-intellectual lyrics that make him sound "so fucking deep." The guy has nothing to say lyrically and his instrumentation is boring.
>>
>>55261989
His music is completely uninspired. He writes the way that an average film score composer writes. The music doesn't convey anything deep or complex. It's just there for cheap emotional thrills. It's a grab-bag of recycled indie pop music cliches with 3deep5u lyrics that appeal to college freshmen who are trying to figure out their life. It's incredibly easy to casually enjoy without any real thought whatsoever.
>>
>>55262042
better than anything by sufhack tho
>>
>>55262032
Answer what question? Just because you started the sentence with "what" and ended with a question mark doesn't mean you asked a coherent, answerable question.
>>
File: sponge3.jpg (19 KB, 350x221) Image search: [Google]
sponge3.jpg
19 KB, 350x221
>>55262064
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>55262082
>pseudo-intellectual

what, to you, is legitimately intellectual?
>>
>>55262097
>It's a grab-bag of recycled indie pop music cliches
Post one Indie Pop artist who sounds like Sufjan.
>>55262082
>still saying "n-n-no his instrumentation is boring I swear!" after I just authoritatively told you it isn't
Are you underage?
You argue like 15 year olds on YouTube.
>>
>>55262116
obviously, considering the anco performance is good and sufhack is hipster garbage.
>>
>>55262064
LMFAO
this is how delusional your average sufjan fan is, everybody
>>
People who criticize Sufjan's music like the way in this thread are almost never musicians.
>>
>>55262122
If you don't know what to answer it's ok, just say it.
>>
>>55262154
Very true.
They're probably memerap posters tbh.
>>
>>55262132
>anon claims instrumentation is boring
>angry sufjan fan doesn't reply by pointing out interesting instrumentation
>responds with underage insults

Great argument. About what I'd expect from a Sufjan fan.
>>
>>55262176
Wait why did you deride him for insults and then do the same thing
>>
>>55262176
>angry sufjan fan doesn't reply by pointing out interesting instrumentation
I literally said:
>The instrumentation is always purposeful: trumpets or organs serve as motivic aids. Glockenspiels add ethereal tones. It's never random.
Criticizing instrumentation is also the laziest, most unskilled criticism typical of memerap fags who go on about production.
>>
To any Sufjan apologist here:

Show me some deep, interesting lyrics.

Point out a song with interesting musical qualities.

I'm just curious as to what you guys are so upset about.
>>
>>55262132
what do you want me to spell out for you that extra banjo rhythm parts and fucking vibraphone melodies are boring as shit? Dude sweet the guy can score for a lot of instruments. Doesn't mean its good. Sorry I don't care for super layered songs where 4 different instruments are playing the same melody backed up by an atrocious horn section while a stupid string section plays a cheesey ass countermelody. ITs music for people who think they know a lot about music. Its got so much going on that it appears to be good but if you appreciate good songwriting you realize its boring.
>>
File: suffy approves of this message.jpg (30 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
suffy approves of this message.jpg
30 KB, 250x183
great thread
needs more memes doe :^))
>>
>>55262122
There was a typo in the sentence but you know goddamn well what he was asking you fucking sperglord. Stop acting like a cunt.
>>
>>55262206
Literally Reddit: The Cuckolded Meme Post
>>
>>55261988
the guy is just saying, even if sufjan himself is a christian and a religious guy, his fanbase isnt or at least they are not in it because of the christian themes
>>
>>55262154
...and?
>>
>>55262219
>Show me some deep, interesting lyrics.
Fuck off, lyrics are unimportant.
As for the other point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GskYX6AdfyU
>>55262228
Man, all that anger and yet not a single argument.
I'm going to leave the thread now because it'll ruin my health to argue with children like you.
>>
>>55262248
>still can't speak english
It's okay. Keep trying. Eventually you'll figure out how to ask that question. I'll be here waiting to answer.
>>
>>55262258
if your and musician you'reself (read: bedroom guitarist who has been playing casually for ~3 years) you have more of a right to criticize muzak than uneducated plebs.
>>
>>55262219
we are not gonna sponfeed you you lazy ass sujhack dick sucker bitch
>>
>>55262258
Ignore him, it's literally 11 year old on YouTube rhetoric. "You don't like this? WELL WHY DON'T YOU GO MAKE SOMETHING BETTER ,THEN?".
>>
>>55262127
intellectual lyricists:
Lawrence - Felt
Robert Pollard - Guided By Voices
That Dude From Fleet Foxes - Just cause I wanted to throw some "Indie folk pop" in there so you wouldn't get butt blasted.
Dan Bejar - Destroyer
Berman - Silver Jews

All very intellectual poets/lyricists
>>
>>55262329
Good thing lyrics are completely unessential.
>>
>>55262219
casimir, john wayne gacy and palisades are good examples. i regard a lot of his songs as short stories or parables. his poppier records are more complicated musically. and i haven't heard anything that sounds quite like carrie and lowell.
>>
>>55262219

>musical qualities

Come On ! Feel the Illinois - Polyrhythms, irregular time signature, suspension, polyphonic phrasing.

>lyrics

Romulus, For the Widows, Predatory Wasp, all of Seven Swans, all of Carrie and Lowell.
>>
People who argue in Soofyon threads are literally 14 year olds who have never drank milk straight from the udder of a cow.
>>
>>55262284
If you had an actual answer, you would have answered by now. But because you're an autistic sperglord you're just going to keep avoiding the question because "muh semantics ecksdee."
>>
>>55262288
>bedroom guitarist who has been playing casually for ~3 years
its been 5 years in my case, and no, i dont have any more right, im sure there are people who have never touched an instrument and still comprend music better than me
>>
>>55262354
dropping truth bombs. damn....
>>
>>55262269
>literally tell you all of the reasons why I don't like sufjan
>you have no argument

cool man. you are fucking dumb. Have fun being one of those kids that everybody knows listens to sufjan. Hopefully you grow out of it cause the guy and sufjan fans are really boring
>>
>>55262329
why would i get butt blasted? jesus fucking christ dude, none of them are any better than sufjan by any metric. they may write differently and it suits you better, but your argument against sufjan simply doesn't hold up.
>>
>>55262381
Your reasons outlined the fact that his songs are made up of several, interesting written wind/string parts which meld together into a beautiful quasi-Reichian pop song.
How am I supposed to argue against what I already know is good through my own taste?
>>
This is stupid.

If you like his music, cool listen to it.

If you don't like it, don't listen.
>>
>>55262425
NO ANON THAT IS NOT OKAY

WE MUST RID THE WORLD OF MUSIC THAT WE DO NOT LIKE

WE ARE DOING GOD'S WORK SON

THIS IS THE PLIGHT OF OUR GENERATION
>>
>>55262381
>boring

I'm sure you're a joy to be around yourself.
>>
>>55262425
are you mad? not listening to music i don't like? but i must express my disapproval!
>>
>>55262425
i just wanted people to tell me what bands/artists did they hate, to see if there was a band/artist more hated that the rest, but everyone just focused on sufjan so...
>>
>>55262419
Sorry you have shit taste I/G. Idk why i even bother arguing on this website. I always realize that i would hate most of you people IRL. liking sufjan encourages other boring ass sad white people with nothing to say make music like sufjans and that makes me mad.
>>
>>55262519
Who are your favorite composers, if you have good taste?
>>
File: 1429401584659.jpg (126 KB, 1277x1600) Image search: [Google]
1429401584659.jpg
126 KB, 1277x1600
>>55261756
I'm sorry suffy made you question your sexuality.

It'll be okay, anon.
>>
>>55262519
>using white as an insult

oh my god. you're the type of prick who can only ever win when he's behind a computer screen. just leave the fucking thread and keep purposelessly hating things. the world would honestly be better off without people like you.

enjoy whatever patrish world you build for yourself in your own head, you insufferable faggot.
>>
>>55262503
cuz he sux. suffy bb is like the indiepop equivalent of like yngwie malsteem. masturbatory display of "skill" with like 0 substance.
>>
>>55262571
at least spell malmsteen right if youre gonna throw it around asshole
>>
>>55262329
i think it's funny how these things can exist on a spectrum. i think all those lyricists are indeed intellectual but they wouldn't be the first to come to my mind if i had to answer the same question. for me the term implies emotional reservation. those artists all make you think but they are also too emotional imo. an intellectual lyricist imo is someone like momus or stephin merritt, guys who are very ironic and at a distance from their works.
>>
>>55261874
Illinois is very overindulgent, C&L is the complete opposite

>>55261878
Nice buzzwords
>>
>>55262550
Debussey, Rachmaninoff. Modern peeps i really like destroyer (great song writing, kind of in the vein of sufjan maybe), guided by voices (incredible song structure and lyricism).
>>
>>55262550
actually no
panda bear made me question it some years ago
sufjan is just shit in every sense
>>
File: Folder.jpg (75 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
75 KB, 300x300
I find his "omg i'm such a nice guy" persona to be incredibly forced and irritating. His songwriting could not be more boring and soft, he takes absolutely no risks and writes garbage. His lyricism is cringeworthy and his "rapping" is awful. His fans for some reason think he's the greatest thing ever because he's so sensitive and creative, even though he's one of the most boring songwriters I've ever heard.

He seems like a pleasant enough person but goddamn his music/fans are awful.
>>
File: andy-samberg.jpg (58 KB, 230x306) Image search: [Google]
andy-samberg.jpg
58 KB, 230x306
I listened to Illinois once. I know what it feels like to throw an hour of my life away now. Thanks /mu/!
>>
>>55262616
>Debussey, Rachmaninoff
Hilarious. Do you think you have good taste?
And no, I wasn't ready to say that for any answer. There are plenty of good composers to say.
But those are fucking shit taste in classical music.
Proof that you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>55262571
agree
>>55262597
who fucking cares lol
>>
>>55262519
yep, memerap autist detected.

People like you should be shot into ditches.
>>
>>55262616
>plebussy
opinion instantly discarded
>>
>>55262599
irony is the worst. Why does a good lyricist need to be ironic. All of those lyricists are impressionistic and open to interpretation. Their genius song writing is able to allow a wide array of meaning and maintain being relatable.
>>
File: paws-attack.jpg (407 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
paws-attack.jpg
407 KB, 2048x1536
why does he put on that gormless face in all the press shots
>>
>>55262634
OP here
i feel the same way about that faggot too
>>
>>55262712
Because he has to be sad and sad people can't smile ever.
>>
>>55262615
thanks
>>
>>55262654
i really don't like classical music either. More rich white washed pseudo-soulful music. self indulgent
>>
>>55262759
you're ridiculous.
>>
>>55262759
Ah, so you DO have shit taste!
Suddenly this whole conversation is illuminated.
I bet you loved Tetsuo & Youth/TPAB.
>>
>>55262708
i didn't equate irony with lyrical greatness, i was equating it with intellectualness. i'm no style-nazi with art, i love that you can approach it from many different angles and still achieve great results.
>>
File: sleepy sufjan.jpg (157 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
sleepy sufjan.jpg
157 KB, 640x640
v rude thread.
>>
File: 1815 (1).jpg (140 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1815 (1).jpg
140 KB, 500x667
>>55262787
OP just needs a hug
and some flowers
>>
>>55262615
>Illinois is very overindulgent, C&L is the complete opposite
It's very different, but it's equally indulgent. It's him wallowing around in cheap, easy emotions.
>>
>>55262778
I don't know what either of those are... I just really like boring white people indie rock like Guided By Voices, pavement, etc... Even though those are two boring white people bands with not much of a story to tell they make up for it by being incredible lyricists that have forged new ways of conveying emotion with words. The word play is wonderful and the metaphors twist my head around. If you like poetry you prolly like these guys. Also dan bejar another incredible lyricist/musician.
>>
Just remember, kids, this is the type of person who's calling you out on "shit taste": >>55262759
>>
Death Grips
>>
>>55262879
what is a difficult emotion?
>>
>>55262879
this right here.
>>
>>55262654
>Debussey
b-but he was goat, anon? why are you shitting on him
>>
>>55262883
Caring so much about lyrics, are you?
Do you really care about music?
I don't think you do.
>>55262915
Ravel/Faure/Milhaud/etc > Debussy
>>
>>55262887
remember everyone! Listening to classical music does NOT make you an intellectual or mean that you have "good taste."
>>
>>55262941
However saying it is "White people trash" DOES invalidate your taste.
>>
>>55262941
no, but dismissing such an expansive and often difficult genre of music based on the fact that it's too "white?" are you really defending this?
>>
>>55262939
I already stated that Sufjans instrumentation didn't really appeal to me much. Its masturbatory in its construction genuinely uninteresting as far as pop goes. I could literally give no less fucks about a guy that can play 73 instruments, that means shit when it comes to song writing skill, which the guy exhibits little of...
>>
>>55262900
Happiness.

How many albums make you feel genuinely happy? How often do you see an artist creatively conveying joy? Writing about sad parent issues is the type of shit you do when you're writing poetry in high school.
>>
>>55261756
I like St. Vincent and Kanye but hate their fans
>>
>>55263011
sufjan writes about happy stuff. half of illinois is about how happy he was during different parts of his childhood. or how to find beauty and meaning in all of the sadness, which is a sort of somber happiness.

i don't think it's cheap to write about the most relatable human emotion. i don't exactly wallow in sadness, but i appreciate the feeling when i have it.
>>
>>55263011
>writing about sad parent issues is the type of shit you do when you're writing poetry in high school

SUFJAN FUCKING ROASTED THREAD OVER.

>>55262971
>>55262987
but it IS white people trash. Its rhythmless trite thats put up on some pedestal cause its "old" and people have been saying its good for hundreds of years so it must be good. Just because it inspired a lot of good shit after it does not make it its self good.
>>
>>55263099
Classical music is this big systematic circle jerk that has been present for a long time. Not saying its all bad, but the stigma that follows it is ridiculous.
>>
>>55263099
i'm amazed that you can even operate a computer.

have fun with your tumblr-tier rhetoric.
>>
>>55263145
yo I hate that tumblr SJW shit but i'm not gonna not call out boring white people circle jerked trash when i see it.
>>
>>55262879
>cheap, easy emotions
are you fucking kidding me? It's about him trying to come to terms with the fact that his mother abandoned him alongside the effect her death had on him. It's about reconciliation between a deep love for someone and the fact that they hurt you greatly. Maybe if you can't relate to it it seems cheap but really it's a very meaningful album.
>>
>>55262425
was lurking thanks anon this is the best response...
Not shitting on Sufjan but does anyone get surprised that early-mid Bright Eyes Oberst isn't talked about for god-tier folk singer-songwriter?
>>
>>55263223
oh wow. cool. white guy talking about his white mother abandonment problems. omg. wow. so deep. wow deep love for someone who hurt you deeply damn. who the fuck cares.
>>
fucking mac demarco
>>
ATTN: op is a narrowminded idiot and that much is clear. waste no energy trying to convince him of anything.
>>
File: DFW.jpg (40 KB, 360x235) Image search: [Google]
DFW.jpg
40 KB, 360x235
hes like the music version of David Foster Wallace. White hipsters love him cause he talks about white hipster issues. Except David Foster Wallace was actually not a hack. But lets not get into that.
>>
>>55263235
this guy, oberst was my shit from fifteen to eighteen, still listen occasionally now as a twnety year-old. in all honesty it doesn't age super well but it is visceral and there is the nostalgia factor so
>>
>>55263328
ATTN: sufjan fans getting excited about how deep sufjan's music is
>>
>>55263286
>this guy hates fun and everyone who seems to have it
Also why the hate on white people? Being white is fucking awesome. Our biggest problems are parents dying and break ups and shit because all of our other needs are met. Do people seriously not like being privileged and rich? Why would you not aspire to live that life?
>>
>>55261756
Yeah definitely hate this guy
>>
>>55263364
I don't hate white people. I am white. I hate boring white people music.
>>
too much hate in this world, use your energy of love and kindness whilst you're still here
>>
>>55263401
>implying phone-it-in hip hop artists and latin music isn't equally as boring
>>
me
>>
smh
>>
>>55263099
>>55263144
It's been put up on a pedastal because, compositionally, it is the most sophisticated, most carefully created music there is.
Come on, are you this fucking ignorant?
>>
>>55261871
>Whit-Boy-Suburban

So you'd like him better if he was a black atheist in the ghetto singing on his banjo?
>>
thank god you guys were to caught up in sufjan for someone to mention anco for no reason
>>
>>55263566
probably
>>
>>55263614
Anco are just really lame, a bunch of loser stoner college dropouts who thought it would be cool to make a trippy psych band

nothing worth hating though
>>
It's hilarious how some people can't understand the appeal of Classical Music.
And yet still profess to have "good" taste.
>>
Death Grips
Death Grips
Death Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death GripsDeath Grips Death Grips
>>
>>55261910
You do realize Sufjan is still a Christian, right?
>>
>>55263812
he's just pretending like the U.S. president has to
>>
>>55261910
>>55261878
>>55261871
>>55261965
>>55262176
>>55262219
this just in: Sufjan haters can't articulate an actually valid criticism against the man's music, instead resorting to buzzwords and stupid fucking attempts at ad hominem
what shocking development will come next???
>>
>>55261756
I don't hate any artist or band, ignoring them is the best way to show them you don't like what they do.
>>
>>55263977
by best do you mean imperceptible
>>
are we really arguing like we're on YouTube right now? is this what /mu/ has become?
>>55263281
>>
>>55263957
>continually attacks people who don't like sufjan
>not a single word in defense of sufjan's music
Yeah, cool story, bro.
>>
>>55261756
saw Sufjan last week it was a truly beautiful show.
>>
>>55264175
the burden of proof lies on the accuser
ergo not me
>>
Fact: Sufjan has a sandy vagina.

Prove me wrong, sufags.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>55263566
no. i'd like it if he would do something thats good and not just be like every other white guy with a guitar and 50k to make a record. who the fuck cares if you have parent issues, so does every other stupid white guy with a guitar and an evangelical background. And no i wouldn't like it if he was black. it'd still be boring. A lot of hip hop is super shitty and boring.
>>
>>55264200
>his music's bad!
>nuh uh! it's good!
>nuh uh! it's bad!
>nuh uh! it's good!
>nuh uh! it's bad!
>nuh uh! it's good!
>nuh uh! it's bad!

Yeah, great arguments all around.
>>
File: Bork.jpg (33 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Bork.jpg
33 KB, 460x276
>>
>>55263566
Yeah, I think so. It'd be more interesting and less cliched.
>>
Just wanted to stop by and say Sufjan is king.
>>
File: photo.png (363 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
363 KB, 900x900
>>55264231
sums up it all
>>
>>55264240
DAILY REMINDER THAT BORK IS THE ICELANDIC SUFJAN!
>>
>>55264268
thank you
>>
>>55263536
I do agree that a lot of it is sophisticated and meticulously crafted. Its contrived art made in a period of time where people were disillusioned by what art is and were commissioned to create art for people other than themselves. The modern indie rocker seems to have more spirit than one of those composer hacks. also classical fags have shit rhythm and adhere to compositional "rules" and then when they "bend" the stupid fucking arbitrary rules they are celebrated. fuck that shit. I'd rather listen to some dude who can't play worth
a damn but can play his heart out and tell an interesting story
>>
File: suf.jpg (693 KB, 960x1022) Image search: [Google]
suf.jpg
693 KB, 960x1022
>>55264268
my love
>>
>>55264369
So what you are saying is you don't care about quality of art? Just some picture of "emotion"?
Again: do you think you have good taste?
>>
>>55261756

obligatory
>>
>>55264400
Yeah if you're 15 and claim slipknot is true metal i guess you would care enough to hate this inoffensive band
>>
File: hlep.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
hlep.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>55264383
>>
File: 4L_NGwi3r53.jpg (307 KB, 1440x1433) Image search: [Google]
4L_NGwi3r53.jpg
307 KB, 1440x1433
>>
>>55264383
Are the magnets clues to the next state albums? Can't wait to hear all about Montana.
>>
contender for the worst thread in /mu/s history?
>>
>>55264392
No i'm saying that ideas matter more than skill.
>>
>>55264526
>ideas matter more than skill
Well composers more often have greater, more profound ideas than your "indie rockers" while also executing them with greater passion, ingenuity, and persistence.
So I guess you still have shit taste.
>>
>>55264369
also yes I think i have a very diverse taste that cherry picks from a lot of different genres of music. Tho i'm mainly a pop fan. Pop music is universally loved but at the same time can challenge the listener to question what pop can be. Pop is so many things at once and thats why its so beautiful.
>>
>>55264512
fuck off sufjan fanboy
>>
>>55263710
Aww why? I think he's fuckin awesome. He's like PCP: The Guy.
>>
>>55264512
yup
>>
>>55264434
It's not offensive, it's fans are.
>>
>>55264560
If composers had great ideas than the genre would be more diverse and less monotonous. I would wager that more people would say that all classical music sounds the same more than all pop music sounds the same.
>>
>>55264207
>And no i wouldn't like it if he was black. it'd still be boring. A lot of hip hop is super shitty and boring.
Woah, those implications!
>>
>>55264512
lol not even close
you didnt check this place during xmas?
>>
>>55264468
Everything but Goblin was shit
>>
>>55264615
>If composers had great ideas than the genre would be more diverse and less monotonous.
Haydn is different from Mozart is different from Beethoven is different from Schubert and the differences only get LARGER from there.
You're a fucking ignorant idiot who has never even listened to classical music.
>>
>>55264629
Reminder: The Ventures Christmas Album is the greatest xmas album of all time.
>>
>>55264661
over-celebrated music genre because its muh "classic." more interesting and compelling things have been done with music. Look at Aphex Twin. I'd argue that he's a better "composer" than any of those hacks.
>>
>>55264758
OK since you failed to retort my points proving me wrong, and are instead changing the subject, I am guessing you can't argue against me?
>>
>>55264758
>post-african repetitions
>interesting
>>
>>55264758
>>55264776
*proving you wrong
>>
>>55261812

its the same shit over and over again. sounds like everyone else
>>
>>55264854
name one artist Sufjan sounds like
>>
>>55264876
every indie pop artist ever
>>
>>55264876
Owl City
>>
Mac miller
>>
File: 6t75536565.jpg (48 KB, 233x233) Image search: [Google]
6t75536565.jpg
48 KB, 233x233
>>55264758
>>
I like Sufjan
>>
File: get out.jpg (65 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
get out.jpg
65 KB, 720x720
>>55264988
>>
>>55264981
bro wow you don't like MAC? wow bro not inviting you to my next party in my fancy house
>>
>>55264981
I used to like him when i smoked weed, you get what you expect when listening to him
>>
File: 1370314448932.jpg (63 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
1370314448932.jpg
63 KB, 300x230
Sufjan writes lyrics some people relate to with melodies that are comfy. It isn't for me because I think it sounds monotonous, but this hate is overblown. Live and let live. Trying to put quantitative or objective measures on a form of art/expression is an act of futility. Some people are going to connect with different things than you based on their experiences and what appeals to them. Just the way it is.
>>
>>55262634
Feel the same
>>
>>55262132
you got fucking told
>>
File: grimeth.jpg (81 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
grimeth.jpg
81 KB, 650x430
stupid whore
>>
>>55265129
Are you a child? I can see why you would think so, if so.
>>
>>55265187
op here
what a ride this has been
agree with you too
>>
>>55261756
i agree with you regardless of wghat level of irony youre operating on
>>
>>55265194
>I am mad as fuck, thanks.

lol
>>
>>55265282
The point is that the same people who think Sufjan is shit think classical music is shit.
>>
>>55265214
>regardless of wghat level of irony youre operating on
none
im sick of irony
i cant remember the last "funny" thing that didnt rely on it
>>
>>55265017
But I really wanted to go
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.