[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the musical equivalent of this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 4929[1].jpg (58 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
4929[1].jpg
58 KB, 308x475
What is the musical equivalent of this book?
>>
john coltrane
>>
File: folder.jpg (164 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
164 KB, 600x600
>>
>>54911398
flatlander
>>
interesting techno
>>
probably some early 00's quasi-experimental indie like The Books
>>
File: techno interests me.jpg (165 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
techno interests me.jpg
165 KB, 480x480
>>54911398
>>54911440
>>
>>54911435
lol
>>
Kafka (in the book) listened to Radiohead, The Beatles and Coltrane, right?
>>
>>54911398
Kid A is mentioned in the book.
>>
anyone else thought Norwegian wood was shit
>>
>>54911590
The book or song? I thought the book was amazing, but it gave me too much to expect from the song of the same name
>>
Literal shit on a Crosley.
Fuck off with your hack.
>These murakafags think they hot shit but they ain't even SEEN a Soseki book.
>>
>>54911590
I've read four of his books so far

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World > Kafka on the Shore > 1Q84 > Norwegian Wood

So NW is the worst of his I've read so far. But it's still decent tho.
>>
>>54911643
They're all shit and you're shit for thinking otherwise.
>>
pleb tastes in books /mu/
RYU murakami is the superior murakami
>>
File: Snider-sub-custom1.jpg (291 KB, 960x979) Image search: [Google]
Snider-sub-custom1.jpg
291 KB, 960x979
>>54911398
Entry level hipster bullshit for kids who think they're deep and quirky but never deliver.

>>54911620
They haven't even Oe.
>>
>>54911590
I read it front to back and thought it was shit.
The movie isn't good, either.
>>
>>54911620
What is the musical equivalent of Kokoro?
>>
Boards of Canada maybe?
>>
>>54911590
>>54912833
I think Norwegian Wood is definitely the least "Murakami" of all his books, but it was probably the one that had the most emotional impact on me
>>
>>54911643
That is the correct order. Now go read Sputnik Sweetheart.
>>
>>54911643
>>54913058
I'd go Wind Up Bird Chronicle>Norwegian Wood>After Dark>Kafka on the Shore>Hard Boiled Wonderland>Kafka on the Shore>Tsukuru Tazaki>IQ84

I thought 1Q84 had some really great moments, but there were just stretches of hundreds of pages where the same shit kept happening. I felt like it could have been half as long and worked, and he pretty much has done the same thing in shorter works.
>>
>>54913154
I haven't read After Dark or Norwegian Wood, but I will forever stand by Hard-Boiled Wonderland being his best book. Its clarity of plot and emotion can't really be beaten by anything else of his I've read. That said, Wind-Up is an amazing book, probably comes second ahead of Sputnik Sweetheart for me.
>>
>>54911712
My brother of African-American decent

>>Dat chapter in Miso Soup
>>
>>54911712
69 is probably the funniest book I've ever read.
>>
Norwegian Wood
>>
>>54913154
>wind-up at the top
my fucking nigger
you're missing South of the Border, West of the Sun, tho
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.