[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the fuck does vaporwave have so many songs that are only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 1417599959959.png (755 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1417599959959.png
755 KB, 1920x1080
why the fuck does vaporwave have so many songs that are only japanese text or on that floral shoppe album named untitled? do they think it is creative or cool, because to me its fucking stupid.
>>
I too am very angry about song titles
they are very important
>>
It's an ironic meme genre
>>
what the fuck is "vaporwave"
it sounds like loser nerd shit
go listen to real music like KISS or Ozzy Osbourne
>>
cuz it's trying to be neo-Asiatic 90's?

just ball parking here, honest.
>>
>>54827601
its a memecore genre what do you expect
>>
>>54827601
it was just a trend.

the first time someone did it it looked niche for the genre and fit the aesthetic then more and more people cut and copy that idea and at this point its become saturated
>>
>>54827601
why the fuck do bands from continental europe have instrumental tracks with english song titles? do they think it is creative or cool, because to me its fucking stupid
>>
literally the truth

im a white kid in between 15-25
i have no talent in terms of creativity, i really like music and i've always wanted to be good at an instrument

my mom and dad bought me an electric guitar when i was 11 but i never did anything with it except strummed it a few times and felt like i was going somewhere

as time went on and i advanced to 8th grade technology was growing, fast

and by high school the internet was in full force and DAWs

i was searching a lot of tutorials on youtube like 'SKRILLEX MASIVE DUBSTEP BASS TUTORIAL' but i started to realize that turning knobs on a vst is really complicated like there's these things called oscillators idk it's retarded, waste of time

i had about 20 tumblr followers and i noticed this one sick thing then i knew

that i too

could make it to the big time..

i devoted all of my time to mastering these skills i installed fl studio and google searched
jpop funk 1983

eventually after scouring through the deepnet i found a track with good synths and bass i thought wow this sounds really good i think i need to...

yes
yes

THIS IS IT@

before i could even make the next move i had my bedroom stage name in full width unicode text and used google translate to write "LONELY SHOULDER" in japanese

things we're blowing up i made $5 in bandcamp donations and it seemed like everything was falling into place

this is when i started getting serious, i knew this was what i was meant be doing in life

i opened photoshop and spent at least 30 seconds writing my name over some vintage 80s poster scans for my album cover

by the time that was over i already had 20 tracks finished, i considered myself prolific in almost all ways
i spent over 3 minutes converting all sorts of obscure and #rare tracks from video to .mp3 and the remainder dragging the audio clip some to get this slowed down effect, it's amazing, it's really technical
>>
>>54829542
>le autism meme
go back to /asp/ fag
>>
>>54829542
theres so much text

i tried scimming it and reading pieces but i have no idead what the fuck youre talking about
>>
it's postmodern
>>
>>54829564
this sperglord has posting exactly like this for days at a time since January
>>
>>54829542
anyway i had to differentiate myself somehow, i've always considered myself different from most people, i could tell in the classrooms, i also smoke weed
but i hate weed smokers.. im one of the mature, noble, respectful tokers that doesn't tell people outwardly that i smoke, i'm very conserved and refined

i love anime it was a part of my childhood.. but i hate the fanbase, i'm really into japan but in a philosophical way, not some nerdy cosplaying poser way
im not a loser

when i put two and two together it all made sense

using chinese letters in combination with deep meaningful words and imagery, my aesthetic was essentially unstoppable

i have no friends
i have no talent
i need attention
i am a producer
i am a producer
i am going to signed
this is a new generation
we have our owned vaperwave label
we're going places, check out our catalogue

also future funk, next level, new hybrid subgenre taking off i added the vengeance drum loop over this intro measure i looped for 3 minutes straight, as if that wasn't hard enough already, i had to actually put on a low pass filter and fade out the track with a chorus+phaser combo it was worth it though because i got 5k views on youtube and 2 more soundcloud followers
i think when i get to 10k soundcloud followers i'll message a real label to pick me up, i think i'm marketable i could probably play a few gigs and make this into a living
>>
>>54829581
that's right bitch I AM GOD
and the very best creamy icing on the cake is that i am so much cooler than you in every conceivable way you're like a total loser you would definitely have 0 chance hanging out with me or my crowd lmfao loser fuck out face no1 cares
>>
>>54829542
moderate kek

>>54829560
>>54829564
memewave bedroom producers detected
>>
>>54829582
>>54829598
it would be funny if it weren't so inhumanely depressing
>>
i killed all vaper enthusiasts
vapoerwave was never alive so i couldn't kill it
but you bandwagoners

i've literally killed you all you're all loser memers now haha gl taking vaperwave ambient "real producer not sampled based vaperwave the good kind like 2011 eccxojam black bansher" seriously
>>
File: DKK.jpg (1 MB, 990x990) Image search: [Google]
DKK.jpg
1 MB, 990x990
>>54829616
now ur literally projecting and have some sort of complex ur taking out on me, grow up
>>
>>54829617
>>54829633
look at it
isn't this the saddest thing you've ever seen
>>
>>54829640
ya i get it ur cool i get ur attitude like wow this guy is so affected by vaperwave we just liked a few tunes because it sounded #cool lol wow man chill... taking it so seriously putting so much energy man lol i laidback #chill vibe no1 cares about it this much aspiee :0

again icing on cake is that ur autist loser nerd and im sculpted chiseled god
>>
>>54827601
>do they think it is creative or cool, because to me its fucking stupid.
This sentence accurately sums up vaporwave
>>
>>54829653
please sell the movie rights to this tragic story, because I am ready to buy a ticket to every showing in the city
>>
>>54829676
ur like a clever witty sort of ironic sarcastic edgy guy and it's not funny.. just go away vaperwave has never been a thing, it's not here and no1 cares that u think im autist not even me :)
>>
>>54829697
then at least write us a memoir
I'm sure it would be the best-selling exploitation book of the last twenty years
>>
>>54829716
Kek
>>
>>54829515
Because most of their audience will speak english
>>
>>54829716
i don't get it joke
im funny autist write a lot of text guy you want me to write a story of it for ur entertainment? r u like retarded? r u a joking right now?

like i get it funny.. but idk man are you one of those guys that watches cringe compilations idk dude ur unnerving me pls stop talking to me...

>>54829743
i will talk seriously too about it

there is an effect

you can watch garbage anime sitcom and it sounds cool to you with subtitles
because you're hearing external language you don't understand

then you hate the dub and think it's sounds gay

but what you don't understand is that if you grew up in japan and knew japanese and watched anime without subtitles

it'd sound like horrible shit because the plot is like

why di dyou do that hmpmpphhh funny face ddont look my panties@@!! im gonna be late fo rschool shut up

something like that i dont want to spend too much time you know what i mean!!! like all my children drama plot is most anime

so you know

you take the chinese letters and use it for a song name

and all these white kids ar elike

holy shit

that looks like math or something tha tweird text it's so mysterious and deep man this is dope

so you feel cool

but it like that picture of osme asian guy in a store with like some random

english word on his sweater

and it looks retarded bc like
it is retarded and ur all retarded like dam
>>
>>54827601
Japanese looks cool.
>>
>>54829778
>>54829796

see i told u
>>
>>54829778
christ redeemer take your autism pills
you know what happens if you're off them too long
>>
>>54829778
fucking LMAO
>>
>>54829815
i've never been on prescription medicine
i am more mentally stable than you in all ways

please stop projecting on me i hate you losers you're all drug addict lonely nerds
>>
>>54829836
yeah, you're just "differently sane"
normal is just a setting on the microwave!
i'm so proud of you! - mom
>>
>>54829901
u literally dont get it..
>>
>>54829901
all of your knowledge and attitude comes from like r9k and 4chan and youtube comments
you have the vocabulary of a rapper and ur honestly just annoying me now please leave me alone..
>>
>>54829916
>>54829924
Forgetting anything else?
Please do finish this post of yours, we're all so eager to hear what you've got to say.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.