[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We predict what genre is going to make a comeback next year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 01292_01292_front_0.jpg (199 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
01292_01292_front_0.jpg
199 KB, 500x750
ITT: We predict what genre is going to make a comeback next year
>>
>>54825652
Funk
Crunkcore
>>
New Jack Swing
>>
Memegaze
>>
>>54825652
Progressive Post Nu Djentcore
>>
neo-grunge came back around 2002 with Seether, Puddle of Mudd, somewhat with Audioslave...So I say neo-emo

We will have emo come back now that it's been dead for ten years. It will be the same but somewhat less fulfilling. So think of emo without the actually substance and that will make a comeback. That's my prediction.
>>
BLANK
CORE
>>
>>54825652
i would like to see a new wave of prog rock.
>>
Powerpop
>>
File: ௵.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
Drum N' Bass

... Please?
>>
techno will just keep getting bigger

also cheesy eurodance
>>
>>54826737
Emo Revival has been happening hard since like 2011, where the fuck have you been?
>>
80s funk is kind of starting to come back already
>>
>>54826799
I don't understand this combo of picture and filename
>>
Industrial
>>
Doom ragtime
>>
File: 1426967224623.jpg (31 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
1426967224623.jpg
31 KB, 638x638
>>54826930
>>
>>54825665
>Funk
Yes please, I gave King Kunta a listen and I fucking loved it. I also want Electric Six to come out with another album, just for shits.
>Crunkcore
pls no
>>
Trollcore
>>
jungle please
drop the fucking amen breaks though
we're looking for some top notch original breaks here
>>
I think contemporary folk could reach the mainstream again soon as kind of a backlash against electronic music
>>
>>54826855
college...since 2009

I swear, I used to know everything about music. Now I just come onto /mu/ once a month, find something interesting and wait until I have a second to breathe and come back on to find more interesting music.

It's somewhat liberating to know absolutely nothing every time I come on here because it's all amazing to me. It's also somewhat depressing because I do miss so much.

Revision to my prediction (which apparently happened four years ago) - rapgaze
distortion and dreampop in the foreground, rap in the background
we've seen rap become more liberal in terms of the chances they take for years, it's about time they decide the coolest thing to do is take a back seat to the music
like, "I'm so good that I don't have to be the center of attention" type brag
>>
>>54825652
DIY style DJs, not a particular genre just DJ's that use experimental tech.
>>
>>54825863
that was so 2013
>>
>>54827059
௵ is the Tamil character for 'year'

What does it have to do with a crudely drawn guy lifting his hands up?
>>
>>54826764
literally this. So many artists, even in the bubblegum pop field have forgotten how to write a bold upbeat pop song. Power pop is just music packed with the tropes of pop songwriting.
>>
File: grandeur of hair.png (1 MB, 1166x954) Image search: [Google]
grandeur of hair.png
1 MB, 1166x954
noisegaze
>>
Grunge or punk
>>
Listening to that Peaches N Cream song by Snoop, I would really enjoy a G-Funk revival
>>
Middle Eastern influenced ambient techno

Someone is going to find a genie and wish that Muslimgauze was alive again.
>>
>>54825673
I can see a new jack swing revival happening
thinkpieces on the genius of "Dangerous" and "Doo Bop" and Blackstreet re-issues
>>
>>54825652
>hopeful for a Shoegaze comeback
>>
Sportswave
>>
>>54827446
take a look at some of the replies in this thread. then ask yourself if you should be taking any of this seriously.
>>
>>54826855
The same math-based emo has been around since the 'death' of emo. The emo revival that is more likely to happen is the emo punk, like early Fall Out Boy or Motion City Soundtrack. Pop punk is trending that way with bands like Modern Baseball getting more popular, and The Wonder Years and Fireworks evolving away from their easycore roots.

You might also call it 'indiemo'
>>
>whatever was popular 20 years ago + modern production techniques

This is how it works, people.
>>
Synthpop (Depeche Mode style)
>>
italo....(please be italo)
>>
>>54826799
>Death From Above 1979 back together
>Royal Blood taking the world by storm
I'm all for it.
>>
Gabber
>>
Grunge
Swing
Big Band
>>
>>54831279
i will laugh very hard if gabber gets popular in the US
>>
>>54831289
how bout a crossover genre - GrungeSwing
>>
90s vocal house. It's started on the pop/r&b front, just waiting for rappers to pick up on it
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.