[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>love electronic music and decide i want to learn how to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1396549550260.jpg (94 KB, 606x597) Image search: [Google]
1396549550260.jpg
94 KB, 606x597
>love electronic music and decide i want to learn how to make my own
>download ableton and say to myself that i will learn how to produce electronic music
>start off messing around with a few samples, make a couple of drum loops.
>my progress was a little bit artificial because i was using purely samples and using nothing I made myself, but whatever.
>decide i need to watch a few youtube tutorials
>try put what ive learned in to practice
>attempt to make the simplest of beats by myself, fail miserably
>try to even make a bit of a remix, or sample some vocals into my own track
>nothing i make works or sounds remotely good
>maybe i need hardware
>buy a 55 euro Akai LPK25 midi controller
>cant make anything decent and end up not using it at all
>tfw ive spent about 2 months messing around on this software and i havent improved
>trying not to give up because i promised myself i wouldnt

should I just give up /mu/? is producing just not for everyone?
>>
Garbo job m8. Go to college and get a business degree
>>
>>54778614
im currently studying for an engineering degree
>>
>>54778582
keep trying until you fail yourself to death
>>
>>54778647
Good
>>
>>54778582

You're going about it all retarded. You don't jump in and start making your own shit until at least 6-12 months in

You start by remaking songs you like, that's how you learn fast. There a youtube ableton tutorials for 1000s of songs that will take you by the hand.

Start there.
>>
>>54778710
i tried making a remix of My Heart by Guy Gerber and P Diddy but it sounded like ass. all i did was put a drum beat under it (that i 'made' using instant haus because my own were too shitty)

do you have any specific videos that you used to improve?
>>
>>54778582
>>tfw ive spent about 2 months messing around on this software and i havent improved
>2 months

really nigga, you have to put a hell of a lot of time into it before your going to start seeing any results unless your insanely naturally talented
>>
They cant all be hits. I literally have 500+ beats that never went anywhere, but the practice helped. Keep at it, the more you practice the sooner it will come through.
>>
>>54778582
>Downloads DAW with toughest learning curve
>The people who make it say there's stuff it can do they don't fully understand
>Gets upset when can't learn it in 2 months

Give it some time. It's essentially learning an instrument. Unless you're a prodigy/savant, you have to keep at it.
>>
>>54778582
do you know any music theory at all? do you know how to play an instrument?

if the answer is no then i understand why you're having such a hard time
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.