[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wilco are cool as fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x526
Wilco are cool as fuck
>>
>liberals
>cool
>>
Wait, aren't they just punishing their fans in Indiana and not the actual people who are facilitating bigoted laws? If not, then that's cool.
>>
>I don't like what your government is doing so I'm going to fuck over my fans that live there.
>>
>>54747359
Except this law is actually pretty stupid, so even though Wilco doing this is a bit much it's still fine
>>
>>54747660
I'm a liberal and I think that this is a dick move. Yeah, the law is going to cause some issues and I hope something gets done about it but doing this is pretty lame.
>>
>>54747359
Very lame, very low-effort pseudo-protest.
The only people who they're giving the finger to with this action is people who like their shitty fucking band.
>>
>>54747727
That is exactly what they are doing. Im a liberal, do you think government officials care about a shitty indie rock band? The only affect of this is some fucktards gaining "respect" for the bands actions, and the fans missing out.
>>
>>54747359
how is this cool
jesus why are people so retarded now

People payed money to see you man. your in that state for your fans not for the laws

idiots
fuck wilco. i'd be pissed if my favorite artist did this shit
>>
how the fuck is that cool. fucking cucks hurt their fans for something their politicians did. liberal logic at its finest
>>
>>54747729
/thread
>>
File: 1427526268802.png (235 KB, 900x746) Image search: [Google]
1427526268802.png
235 KB, 900x746
Deleting wilco from my Library now
>>
File: 1398828598196.png (147 KB, 295x299) Image search: [Google]
1398828598196.png
147 KB, 295x299
>law that says people aren't allowed to refuse service based on other people's beliefs vs. the provider/store owner
>band refuses services based on a difference of beliefs
>>
>>54747359
Seriously, it's a stupid law, but what is screwing their fans over going to do?

>Oh no, fellow politicians, some shitty indie band cancelled their show in a 2500 capacity venue, we better repeal the law we just passed!
>>
>>54748609
Sorry, *are* on the first line. The law would allow Wilco to cancel shows due to a difference in beliefs with the potential customers without legal repercussion, yet they disagree with it
>>
>>54747359
That's awesome
>>
>>54748801
That's mega gay and stupidly pretentious
>>
Liberals are so fuckin stupid
>>
>>54748609
>rejecting bigotry
>the same as bigotry

waaaah stop discriminating against my right to discriminate
>>
>>54747359
>>54747748
What exactly is this law?
>>
That sounds like a terrible way to handle things. Hell, couldn't they just have raised the issue AT the show? or given the money they made with it to an organisation that strives to fight against laws like these? This announcement just reeks of twitter credmongering to me.
>>
>>54749033
Businesses can deny service to people that conflict with their moral beliefs. Basically, a "Christian" store could ban gay people because it is a "burden" on their beliefs.
>>
>>54749071
They're just lazy fucks who looked for an excuse to dodge playing a show, most likely.
The liberal cred is just a bonus.
>>
>>54747727
>>54747729
>bringing any money or commerce to a state that does this

sorry Indiana fans maybe if you didn't elect shitscum like that governor
>>
>>54749033

Religious freedom restoration act aimed to "protect" religious rights of for-profit business, effectively giving them the right to exclude serving people based on religious views, mostly anti-homosexual in this case. Differs from other states because sexual orientation is not protected in Indiana at all. Read more about it at http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/what-makes-indianas-religious-freedom-law-different/388997/ .

As a Hoosier and Wilco fan, I support them in this, and I hope more musicians and businesses follow suit. I usually have to go up to Chicago for shows anyway, because not a lot of musicians come to Indiana..
>>
>>54749117
1. I'm not from Indiana
2. I'm not a Wilco fan
3. I've never voted
4. Even if I voted for the officials who aren't homophobic, look what's taking place anyway

Wilco's decision doesn't help or solve anything. It just screws fans.
>>
>>54749117
From Indiana, leaving in a few months but I actually like people boycotting us, hopefully it doesn't fade away by next voting season and actually motivates us to vote
>>
>>54749242
I don't understand how this pseudo-activism does anything but harm.
>>
>>54749250
>has never voted
>complains about the political actions of others

so are you just too young to vote or a retard?
>>
>>54748956
>I define what constitutes bigotry
They denied their fans service because they believe something different than what some of their fans may believe if they voted. This is what the law allows them to do and why it was introduced/passed, it's ridiculous for them to speak out against it. If they wanted to show that they think people should be forced to serve someone despite a difference in beliefs they should play the show.
>>
>>54749325
Sorry but how does boycotting a state with a bigoted law do harm?
>>
>>54749329
>voting is the only way to facilitate social justice
Do you also lob money at for-profit charities?
>>
>>54749325

It puts pressure on a repeal, like this happened in Arizona. The NFL said they were thinking of moving the Super Bowl because it passed there but Jan Brewer veto'd it under pressure from business. Gencon has already stated that they will probably move, and that's ~$50 million for Indianapolis every year. Peoples' voices don't speak, but money does.

Also, there is no way for citizens to propose an amendment to state law in Indiana.
>>
>>54749375
*Boycotting your fans
>>
>they are only screwing their fans!
How many times have they played in Indiana?
>>
>>54749415
*urging fans to write their congressmen
>>
>>54749451
Can be done at the show
>>
>>54749471
*less effectively
>>
>>54749375
Instead of actively doing something to raise awareness of the issue, they're passively punishing fans. A lot of whom are probably vehemently against the new law.

>>54749393
That's the NFL not throwing one of the largest commercial events in the world in a place partially owned by that official as opposed to some random venue that won't have a semi-relevant indie band for a night.
>>
>>54749330
1. Wilco is a not a business
2. Wilco is not denying anyone service based on a religious belief
3. This isn't why that law was passed
4. Wilco is not denying performance to anyone based on religion/race/sexuality/gender/etc. Wilco is refusing to perform at a venue.
5. Rejecting bigotry is not bigotry
6. This is one of the dumbest posts I've read on /mu/ in a long time.
>>
>>54749415
I don't see Wilco saying anything about their fanbase.
>>
>>54749492
>playing a show and dedicating a percentage to an LGBT organization
>not playing a show either angering people or getting respectful nods and inaction from some people

Hmmmmm...
>>
>>54749495

Boycotts like this add up as more businesses, bands, etc refuse to participate in Indiana. I had tickets for this and I don't even mind.
>>
>>54749563
Still less effective.

Also go see a different Wilco show. They tour like 3/4ths out of the year. The people who would have gone to this show have alreday seen them probably twice.
>>
>>54749576
Until then, this feels like posturing.
>>
>>54749495
Accept they've clearly raised awareness of the issue. We're talking about it here and Wilco are big enough that people will listen. If more and more people/businesses boycott the state it'll put pressure on the state to overturn a very terrible law.
>>
>>54747359
I love how the Conservative reaction is always "let the free markets sort it out" until the markets actually start sorting things out. Major corporations, small businesses, conventions, and entertainment acts all are reacting to the "religious freedom" law by taking their business elsewhere. They have every right to. Maybe other people will double down on Indiana out of support, but so far I haven't seen anything but backlash.
>>
>>54749618
How many Wilco albums have you even heard?
>>
>>54749531
You seem to think that bigotry equates to whatever offends you, a random 16 year old white person. Bigotry is treating someone with certain beliefs differently because of your own beliefs, which is exactly what Wilco is doing.

>1. Wilco is a not a business
They offer a service in exchange for money, that would be a business my friend
>2. Wilco is not denying anyone service based on a religious belief
Yes, that is exactly what they are doing
>3. This isn't why that law was passed
But it is, it allows people to deny service based on a difference of belief, like what Wilco is doing
>4. Wilco is not denying performance to anyone based on religion/race/sexuality/gender/etc.
Except for their Indiana fans that planned on seeing the show
>5. Rejecting bigotry is not bigotry
"one kind of bigotry is OK because it doesn't offend me"

Everything you posted is not only wrong, but contradicts itself and makes you come across as extremely narrow minded.
>>
>>54747359
I wish people would stop "making statements"

nobody cares you fucking fruits
>>
>>54749677
>They offer a service in exchange for money, that would be a business my friend
It's OK for businesses to close for one day.
>Yes, that is exactly what they are doing
Anyone can go see a different Wilco show.
>Except for their Indiana fans that planned on seeing the show
See >>54749425
>>
>>54749641
No one's arguing that they don't have the right to do this. They're arguing that it's a futile and dickish thing to do. Take your conservative boogeyman bullshit elsewhere
>>
>>54749639
I was aware the moment I heard about the abysmal law a couple days ago. I'm not saying that everyone has the same access to information as me and that everyone is aware when I am, but sometimes awareness building "activism" takes the form of pacifism.

>>54749650
Zero.
>>
>>54749728
>It's OK for businesses to close for one day.
>jewish man walks up to your establishment
>lock the door
>"sorry we are closed for 24 hours"
>"it's ok though because we let you shop here once 2 years ago"
>>
>>54749746
LOL but they are you stupid faggot. See
>>54749250
>>54749677
>>54749330
as well as the outburst of butthurt reactions on facebook about how evil Wilco and any other group/business/organization participating in the boycott is.
>>
Liberalism is a mental illness.
>>
>>54749811
>Zero.
Your opinion is not really relevant then
>>54749825
>>54749825
>implying this business owes you the right to stay open for as long as you want.
Not how it works. Just don't shop there if you don't like it.
>>
why are they punishing their fans in indiana for something they had nothing to do with?
>>
>>54749859
>supporting this decision
>calling people "stupid faggots"
What?
>>
>>54749859
How do you construe my posts as arguing that Wilco shouldn't be boycotting the show? They can, because there was a law passed that allows people to refuse service based on differences in belief. I am saying that it's extremely hypocritical for them to do EXACTLY what the law they have an issue with allows them to do.
>>
>>54749677
>Bigotry is treating someone with certain beliefs differently because of your own beliefs
Um not really. By this extremely liberal definition any disagreement is bigotry. Hell, you're bigoted against me since you're "treating me differently" for having my own "beliefs." :^)

>They offer a service in exchange for money, that would be a business my friend
They're entertainers dipshit.

>Yes, that is exactly what they are doing
Really? Odd. I don't remember ever seeing them barring entrance from certain religious groups to their shows. Cancelling a show denies that service to everyone, not just whatever they are protesting against. No one would care about this law if it allowed businesses to close up shop because they don't like that gay people exist. In fact they can already do that if they'd like.

>Except for their Indiana fans that planned on seeing the show
>based on religion/race/sexuality/gender/etc.
>based on
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

>"one kind of bigotry is OK because it doesn't offend me"
"stop being intolerant to my intolerance!"
-every dishonest bigoted asshole ever
>>
>>54749916

People saying shit like this when Indiana has a voter turnout of 30% - http://www.in.gov/sos/elections/files/2014_General_Election_Turnout_Report.pdf . People here have everything to do with it, especially young people, because none of them voted.
>>
>>54749889
Thinking the Earth is 5000 years old and that the devil put dinosaur bones on the Earth to trick mankind is totally a rational belief tho. White parr!
>>
>>54749890
>Your opinion is not really relevant then
Oh, I guess I can't be against homophobia and laws that enable its institutionalization according to your anti-logic.
>>
>>54747727
They got all their money back, fuck off conservitard.
>>
>>54749811
>I'm not saying that everyone has the same access to information as me and that everyone is aware when I am

Good, this is the first I've heard of this bill. I'm not American. Ergo Wilco has raised awareness of this issue and I'm sure all the rabid Wilco fans will lobby on their behalf.
>>
>>54749967
>there's only ignorance on how laws work and ignorance on how the word works; PICK A SIDE

Yo, no.
>>
>>54749925
I support the right of the free markets to sort things out. I never said how I feel about faggots like you.

>>54749935
And I am saying you are either mad as fuck that Wilco has decided they don't want to bring their show and the economic activity that comes with it to Indiana and/or you have decided to defend that state's new religious freedom law. Either way you are a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>54750002
>I'm sure all the rabid Wilco fans will lobby on their behalf
Wishful thinking at best. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
>>
>>54749935
The law is about denying service to homosexual people for religious believes while simultaneously providing service to straight people.

Wilco didn't fucking do that ever.
>>
>>54749976
Only if you are too young to vote.
>>
They're paying back the fans. That's all that matters. Good for Wilco.
>>
>>54750048
What would we be without wishful thinking?
>>
>>54749976
Well you're questioning the motives of a band you clearly know nothing about. That's a pretty terrible comparison.
>>
If you support Wilco then you support the legislation as well clearly. In this thread I learned it's ok to not serve a black person at your store as long as there's another store the next state over that sells the same thing, or if you served him once a few years ago.
>>
>>54749935
>I am saying that it's extremely hypocritical for them to do EXACTLY what the law they have an issue with allows them to do.
Oh what law are they violating that says they have to play the show?
>>
>>54750058
Which I'm not. I'm also not for the obsession with voting. There are other way more effective ways to fight this nonsense. Voting is what got them where they are in the first place.
>>
>>54749087
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>54750024
How many liberal creationists do you know?
>>
>>54750121
>I'm also not for the obsession with voting.
Again your opinion is not relevant. See this guy >>54750096 if you don't understand.
>>
>>54750088
Less disappointed a lot of the time, but I can handle some of that.

>>54750096
They're a political band?
>>
>>54750105
In this thread I learned that this anon can't into logic and is really terrible at analogies. It's more like it's okay to not serve a black person as long as you don't serve anyone else, which is what Wilco is doing.
>>
>>54750180
So they are cancelling the whole tour and not serving the fans in states that didn't push for and pass this legislation?
>>
>>54750148
No, what you implied was that all conservatives are creationists. Most of the ones I know, are not.

>>54750149
Cool.
>>
>>54750166
>Less disappointed a lot of the time, but I can handle some of that.
lel
>>
/pol/ we don't care that you hate gays and so you don't support Wilco.

Just fuck off back to your containment board.
>>
>>54749641
>Major corporations, small businesses, conventions, and entertainment acts all are reacting to the "religious freedom" law by taking their business elsewhere. They have every right to.

As they should.

The government shouldn't have to interfere in matters like these. If you want to be bigoted in your business then you can enjoy commercial suicide.
>>
>>54750230
So, now you are you arguing that they're discriminating against Indiana as a state? I could have sworn your shitty analogy included an individual.
>>
>mfw libcucks

Holy shit libtards

Can you ever stop being so amusing to me
>>
>>54750295
>If you want to be bigoted in your business then you can enjoy commercial suicide.
Although I agree with this, I have no problem with making that sort of discrimination illegal. A lot liberal laws are based on intrusive government interference (tax people who don't got, etc.) and this is not one of them.
>>
>>54750295
>le market will solve it maymay
>>
>>54749087
thats fucking hilarious
>>
>>54750295
>the free market will solve it!

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhahahahahahahaha.

How's that black dick doing, cuck?
>>
>>54750458
Yeah, not serving people for something that has absolutely nothing to do with them is truly a riot.
>>
>>54749087
Sounds great, why isn't that implemented across the nation?
>>
>>54750568
Because America is founded on the belief that even a massive faggot like you should have the same rights as anyone else.
>>
>>54750652
Mentally ill people don't deserve the same rights as everyone else.
>>
>>54750443
>A lot liberal laws are based on intrusive government interference (tax people who don't got, etc.) and this is not one of them.

It's more of a gray area for me. Many of these laws were passed when the prevailing attitudes of the day were discriminatory, so it was not as simple as someone across the street changing their policy in order to both accommodate and gain an edge over their competition.

As far as I see it, times have changed and there is simply no need for having discrimination laws, at least in this very particular context.

>>54750451
>>54750519
>implying it won't

A business that purposely limits its share of customers is a shitty business that passes up on opportunity and should go belly up after being beaten by its competitors and alienating people.
>>
>>54750684
And yet you're allowed to use the internet without your handler supervising you.
>>
>>54750684
epic
>>
File: 1365085153505.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
1365085153505.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>54747359
>being secular
>>
>>54748602
This is just as retarded as what they're doing js
>>
>>54750716
>>54750717
Oh shit it's the angry faggot defense force

Guess what retards, gays are sick and should be purged
>>
>>54749531
>1. Wilco is a not a business
Stopped reading there. They most certainly are. They provide a service in exchange for money. On top of that, many (nearly all) commercial artists establish themselves as a corporation or LLC in order to protect their personal assets and reduce personal liability. On top of operating like a business they are likely a legally established business. Any artist that doesn't do this is fucking retarded.

>>54749941
>They're entertainers dipshit.
Entertainment for profit is a business, dipshit. They have employees and sell merchandise on top of the "service" they provide. They are 100% a business.
>>
>>54750688
>It's more of a gray area for me. Many of these laws were passed when the prevailing attitudes of the day were discriminatory, so it was not as simple as someone across the street changing their policy in order to both accommodate and gain an edge over their competition.
>As far as I see it, times have changed and there is simply no need for having discrimination laws, at least in this very particular context.
The issue is the fact that this law actively allows for a certain type of discrimination. Liberals and LGBT people were likely not shopping at those places anyway, but the fact that it's legal for the LGBT people to be denied service is wrong by any and every stretch of the imagination.

Horrendous law, but I'm still now down with the way Wilco is protesting it. On the other hand, at least they're doing something.
>>
>>54750786
No, it's even more retarded because Wilco's actually has some impact while retarded ponyshitter #956 deleting his library impacts jack shit

>>54748602
Shoot yourself, ponyfucker
>>
>>54750823
*still not
>>
>>54750801
>this is how cucks argue
>>
>>54750725
>not being homophobic = being secular
I tip my hat to you, good sir.
>>
>>54750823
>but I'm still now down with the way Wilco is protesting it.

Agree, they're being as stupid as any business that would deny itself potential customers.
>>
>>54750872
>he's a literal faggot
>in the year of our lord 2015

Why don't you just choose to be straight again
>>
>>54750881
I think they should use the money for that show to help out the LGBT community in some way. It'd be for a good cause, fans would see the band they paid to see and it'd be a middle finger to that law.

I have no say in the matter though, so whatever.
>>
>>54750904
>not being homophobic = being a homosexual
And another tip for you, fine gentleman.
>>
>>54750930
>use the money for that show to help out the LGBT community
How would that help?
>>
>>54750961
It's only right people who aren't mentally ill have homophobia.

Wouldn't expect the faggot to know that, though.
>>
>>54750976
The quote answers your question.
>>
>>54751002
To help with this issue in Indiana?
>>
>We'll be canceling our tour in Indiana because gays can't make a cake for their weddings

>Stay tuned for when we visit Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee where gay marriage is banned altogether :^)
>>
>>54751254
It's totally possible and at least more tangible than just driving through the state and doing nothing.

Also, this
>>54751321
>>
>>54751321
>Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee

Poor ohio doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.
>>
>>54751321
Oh man no wonder those are the best states
>>
File: b8.jpg (22 KB, 651x575) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
22 KB, 651x575
>>54751376
>Ohio
>the best anything
>>
Private business can already refuse you for any reason.

This is really just a sad attempt at people trying to pretend the US is still a Christian nation after they lost the samesex marriage battles in damn near every state it was fought in.
>>
>>54751424
Except these three >>54751321

Stay mad, faggot
>>
>>54751343
Ooops you didn't answer my question. Try again.
>>
>>54751424
It's annoying that homophobia has now been seen as Christianity's analog, but you're right. Aren't there only a handful of states that still outlaw gay marriage though? If so, that'll change before the end of the decade hopefully.
>>
>>54751458
Are you seriously asking something as retarded as "how would giving money to the lgbt community help the lgbt community?"
>>
>>54751458
I give money to charity, haow does this help the homeless!?
>>
>>54751530
Not what I asked. Read the thread and try one more time
>>
>>54751458
Oops, you're acting like a condescending jerk to a stranger on the internet because they don't agree with you enough. That's okay though.
>>
>>54751553
>To help with this issue in Indiana?

Lobbying costs money
>>
>>54751566
Ooops you meant to quote
>>54751343
>>54751321
>>54750930
>>54750801
>>54749330
etc
>>
>>54751586
You'd be able to raise more money by publicly drawing attention to the issue. There are more people around the country willing to help raise money that the few people who would have seen Wilco in Indiana
>>
>>54751530
>lgbt community
Cut that out, I can't stand that bullshit when people say "African American community" or "lgbt community" or whatever.
>>
Why don't they just still run the concert and donate the proceeds to whatever organization is probably already established to fight the legislation?
>>
>>54751647
That's why wilco should've just done the gig in indiana in support of lgbt issues and gave away the proceeds instead of just skipping over the tour dates.
>>
I opened for Jeff Tweedy last summer. I'll just say he's definitely not cool as fuck.
>>
>>54751659
>stop saying and using established and universally understood group names because LGBT community and NAACP triggers my autism

Pass
>>
>>54751608
ebin
>>
it not ok when deatj grips does not do ot ;(
>>
>>54747729
Man I live in Arizona, and great bands didn't come here for a long time because we passed a law allowing police to pull over people for being brown.
It sucks, but it's the right thing to do. Basic human rights are more important than being able to see a band you like in the state you live in. If you live in Indiana, just drive to a Chicago show or something.
>>
>>54747359
Not to get /pol/ in here, but I don't even see what the big issue with this bill is. No court of law would ever let a business discriminate against someone based upon their sexual orientation. Every case that has ever been brought before a court regarding RFRA laws ever has upheld that precedent. This whole thing got overblown.
>>
>>54751659
Unless you're a black (like me) or a homosexual person, leave it. It refers to people who represent them in a government capacity and not in a way that dehumanizes them like "gays" and "blacks" do.
>>
>>54751807
How does doing the show and giving the money to lobbyist to deteriorate those stupid laws help less than just doing nothing?
>>
>>54751675
That's not taking a stand against intolerance. It's enabling it.
>>
>>54751876
No, it isn't. It's doing the exact opposite. Are you also implying that bands that do perform there are homophobia enablers?
>>
>>54751876
>"we're donating money from this venue to lgbt community to fight shit bills"
>enabling intolerance

How?
>>
>>54747359
Whatever happened to liberals? Why don't they literally 'fight' for their agenda like they did 50 years ago anymore? Opting out of a show because you disagree with a new law the state passed is cowardly, as if any right-wing conservative Bible-thumping homophobe will show up at a Wilco concert of all things.

Here's what I suggest, Tweedy.

I personally don't share your views, but play there on May 7 like its your last show. Play loud, make a statement, cover some Elton John and Magnetic Fields songs. Kiss one of your male bandmates for purely reactionary (not really romantic) purposes like how Kurt Cobain did on SNL. And if you do get arrested for breaking this new law, you've done good. Because people will start talking about the night Wilco got arrested in Indiana for expressing free speech, and they'll give you what you want. There will be more opposition to that odious measure you speak of, and you'll eventually win in Obama's America.

Just don't go too over-the-top on the 7th. We don't want another Pussy Riot.
>>
>>54751872
I assume that it's more of a boycott. Like a statement. This move makes a completely different statement than doing a big gay fundraiser. We have a right to not tolerate such out-right intolerance.
>>
>>54747359
that's the opposite of cool, bud
>>
>>54749087
This is actually good though. That will make more people to act proper (including gays).
>>
>>54751984
>right-wing conservative Bible-thumping homophobe
strawmania
>>
>>54751999
>This move makes a completely different statement than doing a big gay fundraiser.
A less directly effective one, sure.

>We have a right to not tolerate such out-right intolerance.
Sure, but doing so in an effective way is paramount as well.
>>
>>54751923
>No, it isn't. It's doing the exact opposite.
If you are suggesting the perform in a state which legally allows for discrimination, then no, that's definitely working in a system of intolerance.
>Are you also implying that bands that do perform there are homophobia enablers?
No, just enabling laws that promote intolerance. Nice strawman though.
>>54751930
Read above.
>>
>>54752160
>If you are suggesting the perform in a state which legally allows for discrimination, then no, that's definitely working in a system of intolerance.
And yet they're playing in states that outright ban gay marriage. It's a well intentioned publicity stunt, but one nonetheless.

>No, just enabling laws that promote intolerance. Nice strawman though.
Your version of activism is doing nothing which is quite literally the antithesis of it. Unless it's in the same realm as Rosa Park's refusal to move or if Fender came out as anti-Semitic, refusing to use their instruments, "boycotting" is inactivity for posturing's sake.
>>
File: 1427418546562.jpg (29 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1427418546562.jpg
29 KB, 500x367
>>54750801
>>54749677
>bands are businesses
I WANT ANCAPS TO FUCKING LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE
>>
>>54752337
You show that strawman who's boss!
>>
>>54752160
You're still not saying how playing in the state would promote intolerance. Proponents of the bill aren't gaining from anything and the word about the bill is easily spread during the concert while also raising money for the lgbt community to combat the legislation.
>>
>>54752416
literally both the first lines of both of those posts say that wilco are a business where's this fucking strawman you're talking about you goddamn goof
>>
>>54752448
Wilco being legally recognized as a business has nothing to do with anarcho-capitalism. I think their point is irrelevant though so whatever.
>>
>>54752129
You do make some good points. Some sort of gay rock benefit in Indiana sound like a good idea, but who knows how successful it'd be? It could be a terrible flop as well.
All I know is that if it was just a regular Wilco show, and I was Tweedy, looking out at the crowd and wondering if I'm playing to a room of prejudice cuntflaps would throw me off my game.
>>
>>54752254
>gay marriage
Oh is that the issue at hand?

It's not.
>Your version of activism is doing nothing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott
>>54752435
>the word about the bill is easily spread during the concert
It's even easier spread if Wilco boycotts an entire state, while stating it on twitter. They are speaking to millions of people all over the world, rather than thousands in Indiana.
>>
Why can't liberals just fight for better wages and rights for workers, and a more equitable economy, instead of whether or not fags can buy wedding cakes or trannies can use whatever restroom they want?

All of this identity politics shit is just a distraction from what actually matters.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.