[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDM Has a Problem with Women, and It's Getting Worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: edm.jpg (318 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
edm.jpg
318 KB, 648x648
Is he right?

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/706-edm-has-a-problem-with-women-and-its-getting-worse/
>>
>EDM

Fuck off Ameritrash, go count your kandi bracelets elsewhere.
>>
>>54631498
Why do you like to make this threads about this topics?
>>
Gosh, you guys are trying SO hard to start a #musicgate, aren't you?
>>
>>54631498

fuckin pastebin it or something, I refuse to give p4k a single goddamn hit.
>>
>>54631629

Americans made house and techno and all the shit yuros keep copying from America.
>>
>>54631683
I really fucking hate you Fandroid, you're about the only trip I want to punch. You are such an annoying prick.
>>
>>54631848
he's right tho
>>
>>54631942
Put your trip back on Fagdroid
>>
>>54631648
why the fuck would anyone create some shitty revolt over something which is confined to a few opinion pieces on p4k and similar sites here and there?
>>
>>54632043

anon is right though
>>
>>54631683
>Americans made house and techno and all the shit yuros keep copying from America.

What is Kratwerk, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Giorgio Moroder etc The Euros invented "EDM" in the 70s.

I'm afraid you're a retard son.
>>
>>54632059
Look at the website you're posting on.
>>
>>54631498
DON'T LET /MU/ BECOME /V/ REPORT EVERYTHING
>>
>>54634304

The fuck, are we that over-sensitive?
>>
Music Reviewers Have a Problem with Personal Bias and It's Getting Worse
>>
>>54631498
molly
>>
>>54632139

Guess who Kraftwerk were inspired by?

Every ingenuity in the 20th century has belonged to Americans.
>>
>>54634378
do tell, anon
>>
>>54632139
>edm
>electronic dance music
>dancing to tangerine dream or vangelis
>>
>>54634425
disco?
that more or less embodies the worst part of dance music anyway, in contrast to ambient/krautrock/space rock fusions

>>54634478
>dancing
>>
>>54634378
Stockhausen?
>>
>>54634490

Yes, disco.

>>54634502
>Stockhausen

You need "post-african repetitions" in order to make dance music, so no he didn't influence anyone.
>>
>>54634567
>You need "post-african repetitions" in order to make dance music, so no he didn't influence anyone.
you're retarded as fuck, that's like saying everyone influenced by bach has to write fugues to praise jesus
>>
>>54634609

Okay but you're talking about Kraftwerk you dumb shit.
>>
>>54634567
yeah but you're massively overestimating its' influence
disco sounds outdated af and is barely relevant unless some big name decides to make an industry comeback with daft punk

relevant in pop culture, and certainly EDM, but hardly in any music that's actually taken seriously
>>
>>54634567
the song "I feel love" is arguably the first EDM type of song to be popular and featuring no popular instruments. The song was produced by Giorgio Moroder, who is italian.

real Electronic in general is older in europe with Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, and has been around since at least the early 70's, predating most american producers in things like Chicago House or Detroit techno in the 80's.
>>
>>54634636
>smugpepe.jpg
>>
>>54634674
>The song was produced by Giorgio Moroder, who is italian.

Done in american studios with american performer and writer, know your place ;)
>>
>>54634567
>implying that was the only thing stockhausen ever said or thought
>>
>>54634700
Actually the only American writer on that song was Donna Summer. Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte are the only other two writers, who are Italian and English respectively.
also
David Bowie recorded Heroes in Berlin, doesn't make it a German record.
>>
>>54631673
>fuckin pastebin it or something, I refuse to give Kotak.....I MEAN P4K a single godamn hit.
>>
>>54634674
>real Electronic in general is older in europe with Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno,

Okay that's not DANCE MUSIC
>>
>>54634674

>real Electronic in general is older in europe with Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, and has been around since at least the early 70's, predating most american producers in things like Chicago House or Detroit techno in the 80's.

Who is Raymond Scott
>>
>>54634827
see the first part of the reply buddy. I'll agree that Americans popularized Electronic Dance Music, but they were hardly the first to do it.
>>
>>54634827
Doesn't TG predate detroit garbage and shitcago house anyway?

i'm not sure
>>
>>54634900
if you wanna go back that far and get technical you can say who is Jean-Baptiste de Laborde, who invented the Clavecin Electrique, or "Electric Harpsichord".
>>
>>54631498
>how dare a woman be sexy

I really don't get these people, It's kind of a natural human desire to have sex appeal and attention, especially for girls.
>>
>>54635076
I don't think the picture is a real woman man
>>
Who fucking cares what some asshole on pitchfork says about anything. No one takes them seriously any more.

Also who fucking cares about EDM, it's for fucking teenagers
>>
>>54635124
Does that make it wrong? Like you'd never see people complain about stuff like this in a more sexually open country.
>>
bitching will do nothing! as long as this capitalist shit factory is running it will continue to shit out record exec propaganda! me must bring down pitchfork!!!!
>>
File: 1425606061231.gif (111 KB, 126x139) Image search: [Google]
1425606061231.gif
111 KB, 126x139
>>54631498
I thought sexualization of women was good because I'm not telling women what to do with their bodies
>>
>>54631498
yea, he's mostly right. i mean most of the article is just stating facts about edm culture.
the question is what, if anything, should be done about it?
>>
>EDM has a problem with women
>Indie isn't black enough

I'm officially predicting Pitchfork's next article to be about the severe lack of transsexual albinos making harsh noise.
>>
>>54635305
but the problem is you have expectations
>>
>>54635311
eat shit you poser! you claim to be appreciative of music and art yet you close your eyes to a certain brand for a lack of empathy! you are scum!!
>>
>>54635323

This is just clickbait to make money.

If Pitchfork actually cared, they'd give attention to non-white, non-male musicians.
>>
Don't think it's necessarily EDM but the club scene which it accompanies a lot. A lot of clubs use women to sell their nights because frankly that's why a lot of men turn up.

I'm sure that body is CGI rather than a touched up woman as well.
>>
>>54635357
wut
>>
>>54635409
>implying getting free entry and drinks for being a women is so horrible
women are the ones who benefit in the club scene, they get attention from endless amounts of thirsty men, and get special treatment at clubs just for having a vagina and putting on makeup. There's nothing wrong with this either.
>>
>>54635529
Yeah but you have to acknowledge some women will not want that though.
>>
>>54635584
I was just lurking but this is fucking stupid. Why would they go if they aren't seeking attention and alcohol?
>>
>>54635529
>>54635584
and it's perpetuating rape culture

idk this is taking it to the extreme but as far as women are the desireable object and men are so desperate they need vapid posters to attract them to things and are willing to pay money for unintimate sex and even rape, then something is wrong with our culture
>>
>>54635612
to dance and have fun????
>>
>>54635612
To listen to music, dance, have a good time with their friends etc.
>>
File: 91jMI4T1RDL._SL1500_.jpg (308 KB, 1064x1500) Image search: [Google]
91jMI4T1RDL._SL1500_.jpg
308 KB, 1064x1500
>>54635631
/thread

any woman with half a brain understands what a club scene entails. if they don't want to get hit on by thirsty men, they can go to a dyke club and get hit on by thirsty carpet munchers.
>>
>>54635621
e.g. no matter how you look at it, it comes down to men's selfish need to HAVE a woman as it'd need to be granted to them.

prostitution should not be a job at a time like this. i feel for the women that genuinely have no other options and i have no respect for any men who supports a business or culture like this
>>
>>54635584
The women who get to clubs usually know what to expect and like it. If a women isn't into that kind of thing she won't go clubbing period. I understand not wanting to be harassed on the street or at the grocery store, but clubs are different, people who go clubbing are usually very sexual people.
>>
>>54635323
>severe lack of transsexual albinos making harsh noise
I know several trannies who make noise music. Troll harder, you intolerant cis scum.
>>
>>54635679
A lot of straight women actually do go to gay clubs in order to not get hit on, and a lot of straight men have started following them there and pissing off the gay crowd.

>>54635696
I understand it's something they expect and accept but I think the question is should it?
>>
>>54635621
Rape is bad, getting down with a guy at a club is not. Women in the end are the ones who choose who they'll sleep with, and it's usually the most attractive and witty guy at the club. People who think that women are innocent little snowflakes who can only be tricked into sex are misogynists
>>
File: nah dude.jpg (64 KB, 746x360) Image search: [Google]
nah dude.jpg
64 KB, 746x360
>>54632043
I know this is a little late, but get fucked
>>
>>54635759
Why don't you let women decide what they want instead of telling them that they're being used? Women aren't idiots, and they're sexual creatures just like men.
>>
>>54635759
lol, the guys are hunting the women.
>>
>>54635793
are you really this slow at photoshop?
you probably went through the effort to do this in paint, i bet

>>54635824
idk if this is relevant here but there is a lot more serious music being made in the dance scene these days
whether it just be the art crowd ala holly herndon or a widely acclaimed diverse artist, but they're forced into shitty venues, and when somebody sees their music as more than just dance music then they deserve an appropriate atmosphere, when they don't expect >>54635696 this type of harrassment
>>
>>54635931
>le samefag :^)
fuck off already
>>
>>54635982
lmao just wondering why anyone would bother
maybe you wanted to bait me
>>
>>54636007
Wanna snuggle?
>>
>>54635759
>A lot of straight women actually do go to gay clubs in order to not get hit on, and a lot of straight men have started following them there and pissing off the gay crowd.

this is funny because in my experience, 9 times out of 10, there is some attention-whore clique of womyn ruining the vibe for everyone.
>>
sexy and sexual does not mean sexist

if you are made uncomfortable by sex, consider converting to puritanism or going back in time to victorian england
>>
>>54635931
Look, clubbing always has and always will be a place for men and women to hook up and get sexual. Most women who go to clubs aren't asexual fragile flowers, they're just as horny as the men who go to clubs. If a women really doesn't want to be hit on, she's not going to go clubbing, and if she does she can tell a guy to fuck off. But hook up culture in clubs is just part of human nature, guys advancing and hitting on girls is not abuse, manipulation, or harassment, it's basically the natural order of male female sexuality.
>>
>>54635931
Nah, just didn't pay attention to this thread until now. If you actually think that image is photoshopped then you're retarded.
>>
>>54635824
>I understand it's something they expect and accept but I think the question is should it?
yeah because that's basically the point of those kind of places
>>
>>54636039
yeah honestly, i've only been to festivals in wide areas, so i wouldn't really know about it.

and even if i understand that, then (i didnt read the article) it would seem logical there is a need for those kinds of clubs as well

idk maybe i just want to go full r9k mode and call everyone degenerates and tell them to let me enjoy music the way i want to, and i'm sure plenty other people feel this way
>>
>>54635690
yea , america has a sexism issue, america has a rape culture, females here have it SOOOO fucking hard don't they
>>
>>54636227
nah i'm talking about the ones unfortunate enough to be the victims to such acts

sure it's all fine and dandy if you manage to raise your family well enough, that most vapid shit can be ignored but that doesn't mean it should be acceptable in our culture

of course economy probably has a much bigger part in all this but that's still a place to start, and it seems media is still stuck in whining about the most inane bullshit for clickbait
>>
File: royallol.jpg (43 KB, 512x359) Image search: [Google]
royallol.jpg
43 KB, 512x359
>>54631498
>There's a front view of her, too, complete with an anatomically improbable thigh gap.

confirmed for hamplanet!
>>
>>54635621
>perpetuating rape culture
That's a MASSIVE logical leap between "strangers are allowed to publicly invite me to have sex with them" and "rape is acceptable"

i mean you're 100% free to wear some feminist personal space bumpers or maybe a giant bubble suit so nobody asks you for icky sticky sex but
>>
File: pitchfork.png (2 MB, 8333x8333) Image search: [Google]
pitchfork.png
2 MB, 8333x8333
>pitchfork
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.