[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these the only No Wave albums that are actually kind of good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: no wave.jpg (206 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
no wave.jpg
206 KB, 900x300
Are these the only No Wave albums that are actually kind of good?
>>
>>54553804
you should try listening to more music
>>
>>54553804
There are 3 albums too many in this image.
>>
Sonic Youth's s/t is kinda lousy though.
>>
File: dna.jpg (38 KB, 319x301) Image search: [Google]
dna.jpg
38 KB, 319x301
>not liking this
What an idiot
>>
>>54553869
Thanks, you too.

>>54553926
If you don't at least like The Ascension you should consider suicide.

>>54554091
>I Dreamed I Dream
>She Is Not Alone
>kinda lousy
No.

>>54554121
It's garbage.
>>
>>54554212
I bet you think Trout Mask Replica is garbage too
>>
>>54554419
>Trout Mask Replica
>comparable to No Wave
Please kill yourself. Trout Mask Replica is a highly unconventional blues rock record made by talented musicians who intended it to sound exactly the way it does.

No Wave is just a bunch of hacks trying to compensate for their lack of musical ability by being as edgy as possible. It was the greatest musical mistake of the 20th century.
>>
>>54554540
DNA on DNA is a highly unconventional punk rock record made by talented musicians who intended it to sound exactly the way it does.

Well technically not a record, but a compilation.

To even suggest that the likes of Arto Lindsay is untalented is mind boggling and reveals a startling level of ignorance.
>>
>>54554658
They intended it to sound like absolute shit? Good to know.
>>
>>54554739
The appeal of DNA is the same as the appeal of Trout Mask Replica. There are tunes to the songs, in fact they're playing the same post-punk riffs as anyone else, but blending them up and fucking around with the textures and rhythm even further. The guitarist does everything short of actually playing the note, choosing to employ weird scrapes and tremolos and dead notes almost exclusively. The singer grunts and howls and screams and does everything short of forming an audible word. The drummer, actually Ikue Mori isn't even doing anything that you wouldn't expect after listening to Beefheart and the VU. There is very much a form to the madness, and no it does not sound like shit. I think you should listen to some more post-punk then try again, maybe some This Heat for example.
>>
>>54553804
Check out Circle X EP
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.