[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the most experimental hip hop album. Every instrument
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: niggas-cover-1200.jpg (93 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
niggas-cover-1200.jpg
93 KB, 1200x1200
This is the most experimental hip hop album. Every instrument and sample was played by a single man on a v-drum set with just his hands. The lyrics are more abstract that anything else in the genre, and the delivery is just insane.

If there is a hip hop album more experimental that this, point me to it. Remember, experimental does not mean "good" and that we are not looking for criticisms of the album.
>>
Divine stylar - spiral walls containing autumns of light
>>
>>54460862
source
>>
>>54460957
the album credits say this. I'll find a photo
>>
Clipping - Midcity

All the instrumentals are harsh industrial noise, contrasting the club-rap inspired accessible yet repulsive lyrics.
>>
>>54460862
>v-drum set with just his hands

you can use drum sticks
>>
The new Souls Of Mischief X Adrian Younge album was made entirely with live instruments recorded on analog machinery ( I think, I know forsure its all live instruments)

Granted its not very good and Adrian Younge is a complete faggot, but for a 2014 hip hop album thats kind of experimental in a weird way
>>
The album has a basic verse-chorus contemporary song structure and key. There are way more abstract albums out there but those are nearly unlistenable, incoherent and not nearly as enjoyable as NOTM. What makes NOTM so enjoyable is the fact that DG are talented musicians and know how to make music. Musicality is paramount when it comes to their projects. The way the björk samples are triggered by Zach's drumming is something I don't think was ever done before, and its genius.
>>
>>54461043
CLPPNG is better.
>>
>>54460862

Agreed. I would say shabazz palaces - lese majeste and clouddead are also contenders.
>>
>>54460862
I concur. By far the most "out there" thing that DG has put out. I find it INSANE how all the songs on NoTM flow into each other, and how glitchy and chaotic it sounds.

Like, when he's frantically screaming "I was conceived by my disease" in the verse of UMS, backed by this crazy glitch-soup of sounds with barely any time sig or tempo - that shit is just too raw, man. I can barely even call it hip hop.

Those are my 2 cents.
>>
>>54461119
but not as experimental. CLPPNG is great but not as noisy or exciting.
>>
>>54461164
The only correct answer in this thread. Good taste anon.
>>
B L A C K I E
>>
>>54461364
black up is infinitely better, faggot
>>
when someone posts something dg related
>le blackie and le dalek and le clippng are better
when someone doesn't post something dg related
>le death grip

i don't know what side of /mu/ is worse
death grips fans or antis
>>
>>54462146
better=/=more experimental
faggot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.