[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you possibly think Jenny Death is better then To Pimp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: Kendrick.jpg (293 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick.jpg
293 KB, 2000x1000
How can you possibly think Jenny Death is better then To Pimp a Butterfly
>>
*than
>>
Kendrick's voice is somehow wacker than Ride's.
>>
>comparing rap to... whatever death grips would be classified as
>>
>>54427682
get the fuck out anthony
>>
ya bish
>>
>>54427748
lmao this is actually true.
They are both amazing though. But TPTB as a whole is vastly superior.
>>
Haven't heard MC Ride rapping about booboos
>>
>>54427682
me n my niggas tryin getit ya bish
>>
>>54427682
TPAB is just Outkast minus the energy + inauthentic funk
>>
ones made by a manlet

do the math
>>
Shouldn't you be attacking Kanye fanboys?
>>
>>54427802
this
>>54427748
this

to pimp a butterfly is nothing
>>
>THIS DICK AIN'T FREE

OMG AMAZING 10/10 CUCK
>>
>>54427682
>being a pathetic self-hating cuckboy
>ever
>>
>>54427756
nu metal
>>
kendircks voice is too harsh on the ear
>>
That whole spoken word bit with the woman at the start of For Free is like the black version of Let Me Take A Selfie
>>
>>54427682

sorry I prefer albums without a kill whitey, or kill anyone message
>>
i like both :^)
>>
>>54427682
I saw Kendrick Lamar at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
it's more fun

i don't care about real life
>>
File: Frodo gay stare.gif (987 KB, 300x181) Image search: [Google]
Frodo gay stare.gif
987 KB, 300x181
>>54427937
>>
is there a fanbase worse than death grips'?
>>
>>54428156
your favorite bands fanbase
>>
>>54428156
Kendrick "Kill All Whites" Lamar's thugs
>>
>>54427868
it's techno idiot
>>
>>54427682
by listening to it
>>
>>54427919
kekek
>>
File: GodsEP.jpg (2 MB, 1958x1961) Image search: [Google]
GodsEP.jpg
2 MB, 1958x1961
The Powers That B and To Pimp a Butterfly appeal to completely different demographics of people, and lyrically illustrate virtually opposite lifestyles.
Try to compare fucking Alright to Why a Bitch Gotta Lie, or try to compare literally any Death Grips song to any Kendrick Lamar song- it's like asking what's better: The Matrix or Die Hard?
Kendrick Lamar writes more politically, and is usually more fun. Stefan writes cryptically, mostly about how he feels emotionally & psychologically.
>>
>>54428914
>Kendrick Lamar writes more politically
this dick aint free this dick aint free this dick aint free this dick aint free
>>
Death Grips didn't make an album that is trying to cash in on post ferguson race baiting. That alone is enough for me. The lyrical content of death grips is also far more interesting than an album that is 2/3 "muh dick" nonsense. Musically it is also extremely apparent that the members of death grips are actually willing to at least try to push the envelope, while Kendrick is trying to appear as if he's some kind of edgelord race relations prophet. The cover of TPAB alone should show you this.
>>
File: mtb-menos-el-oso.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mtb-menos-el-oso.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>54428937

He also writes for wiggers that still do inhalants and hardly pass their high school classes.
>>
>>54428954
>>54428937
>>54428267
>>54427937
>>54427839

I'm convinced you people just put TPAB on in the background and didn't even pay attention to the verses.
>>
>>54427682
YOU'RE STUPID NIGGA
>>
>>54429218
hes just echoing what better lyricists have been saying for years

its tired, played out and has been done better by dozens of people before
>>
>>54427682
TPAB was flavor of the week, Jenny Death is the real deal.
>>
>>54428954
the lyrics in death grips are trash, lmao
>>
File: cat 5.jpg (418 KB, 1588x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat 5.jpg
418 KB, 1588x1200
because to pimp a butterfly is cheesy as hell. there are so many other west coast hip hop albums that do what kendrick did that album so much better, i have no clue why you people care about this tosser.
>>
>>54429410
>Jenny Death is the real deal.
That's what they said about TPAB.
>>
i thought tpab was better but T H E N jd came out
>>
So Jenny Death leaked?
>>
>>54427682
if you've never listened to classic hip hop. If you don't understand jazz and spoken word. If you need a banger on an album. Basically if you're music illiterate.
>>
>>54429410
>>54429557
SHMG (MBDTF2) will be the real deal
>>
>>54427682
Death Grips is edgy meme music. Who the fuck would compare the two?
>>
I don't like rappers perpetuating violent degenerate culture. It's not exclusive to black rappers in the slightest, it just so happens that Kendrick is awake to the white hate zeitgeist and is capitalizing on it in the most unoriginal way possible. The music and bars themselves are a 7/10 at best and that's being generous.
>>
>>54429680

I can tell you've never even listened to TPAB yet if you think there's any "bangers."
>>
>>54430366
reading comprehension
>>
>>54427682
They're both fantastic on different levels.
>>
>>54430404

welp im dumb. been hearing a lot of idiots call tracks like TBTB or Alright "bangers" today
>>
THIS BOOBOO AINT FREE
>>
Both are mediocre albums

Don't see how you could even compare them though, they are nothing alike
>>
>>54427682
how can you even consider death grips good
>>
>>54428156
OFWGKTA
>>
>>54430680
Yeah okay fair enough
>>
i didn't like either album. the whole nu metal thing the death grips were doing didn't appeal to me and kendrick lamar I can't really enjoy because of the racist album cover
>>
>>54428156
Kanye
Eminem
Backpackers
Radiohead
>>
>implying this is a debate outside of /mu/
One artist is a lot popular than the other
>>
How come people say TPAB has no bangers? Hood Politics goes hard.
>>
>>54430783

None of those, not even Eminem are close. OF is the closest, I'm fairly certain there's a lot of overlap between OF then and DG now in fanbases.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.