[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Interesting music-related mythos or trivia >Madlib produced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1423192501508.jpg (588 KB, 1024x994) Image search: [Google]
1423192501508.jpg
588 KB, 1024x994
ITT: Interesting music-related mythos or trivia

>Madlib produced several beats for MBDTF
>Eminem and Drake both supplied a verse for So Appalled, but cut them
>On Pinkerton, the Japanese you hear at the beginning of Falling for You was unintentional (it was picked up via radio interference), but the band decided to keep it because they thought it sounded cool
>>
File: kimonomyhouse.jpg (154 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
kimonomyhouse.jpg
154 KB, 768x768
The right girl from Kimono My House is the one speaking japanese in Bowie's Scary Monsters album
>>
OP here, don't know what's up with me today

>Madlib produced several beats for MBDTF that ended up going unused
>Eminem and Drake both supplied a verse for So Appalled, but Kanye cut them
>>
>Vic Mensa sucked Kanye multiple times to "earn" his verse on Wolves
>Paul McCartney died in 1962, his first clone died in '81. We are currently on either third or fourth McCartney depending on expert research.
>Lorde received 'anonymous' email containing all instrumentals and written out lyrics for her debut album. Since her success she has spent excessive amounts of money trying to figure out who sent this to her and thus gave her her career.
>Eminem actually did rape his own mother at one point.
>Miley Cyrus was killed, replaced with doppelganger in 2008
>>
File: 1424159014540.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1424159014540.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
John Lennon abused his wife
>>
>>54291179
>>54291187
lol
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 300x298
This entire album was created in one marathon session, while Divine Styler was high out of his mind on an acid binge.
>>
File: Before and After Science.png (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Before and After Science.png
78 KB, 500x500
More than 100 tracks were written for this
>>
>>54291118
...oh fuck, I thought that was Ron and Russell in drag this whole time.
>>
>Detox was completed over a year ago, is 18 tracks long, runs just under 70 minutes and every producer / rapper and friend that has heard it likes it quite a bit. Dre continues to refuse to release it. Is considering destroying all copies of it.
>Kanye wanted Yeezus to do poorly so he could stage a huge comeback, he was planning it out and doing his best to put on an act that would alienate viewers. It's success left him unsure of how to proceed with many of his 'the blueprint' and 'mama said knock you out' style come back tracks already in development now not making any sense
>Neil Young attempted to have sex with nearly every member of the The Band as well as numerous other groups he played with.
>McCartney hired Lennon's killer. That's all I'm going to say.
>>
St. Vincent played in Glenn Branca's "band" at some point. In his "army of guitars" or whatever.

I'm not sure why this isn't said more when interviews list things she's done. It's usually The Polyphonic Spree and Sufjan's band but I've only ever seen anything about her playing with Glenn Branca in one article.

Marquee Moon, the song, was recorded in one take when the band thought they were rehearsing it.
>>
>>54291179
>>Eminem actually did rape his own mother at one point.
This is true, and the most fucked part is it happened somewhat recently and was in some way the inspirations for the song "Headlights"
>>
>>54291398
wait what
>>
>>54291370
I'm so tired of Annie flirting with us with the fact that she's done noise rock before and not following through with it (aside from one single).
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 500x500
Lou Barlow started coughing up blood after he did the vocals for "Don't" in one take.
>>
Robert Pattinson plays guitar in Death Grips
>>
>>54291486
Didn't even know that that wasn't J doing the vocals on that track
>>
>>54291346
>>Kanye wanted Yeezus to do poorly so he could stage a huge comeback, he was planning it out and doing his best to put on an act that would alienate viewers. It's success left him unsure of how to proceed with many of his 'the blueprint' and 'mama said knock you out' style come back tracks already in development now not making any sense

This could be possible, even his talk of it being the 'Nebraska' to his next one's 'Born in the USA' seems like part of a previously established plan that doesn't 100% fit what actually happened. Plus all his new songs sound mixed. All Day was probably from the come-back album for example.
>>
Madlib's behind the mask
>>
>>54291688
all his new songs are crap so this is where he crashes and burns
>>
>>54291702
if you fail at failing just try and fail again? maybe. Somewhere on a hard-drive he's got a bunch of partially finished come-back tracks he's trying to figure out how to use them in a world where he can't fail.
>>
>>54291697
This is not true. Please keep the rumors posted here as credible as possible.
>>
>>54291702
What about wolves? Wolves is good.

Thank you.
>>
>>54291187
He hit her once, when he was like 16. He was drunk to boot.
>>
>>54291919
>abusivedrunkapologist
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.