[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The quality of /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: mu in a perfect world.png (108 KB, 1201x680) Image search: [Google]
mu in a perfect world.png
108 KB, 1201x680
There was a thread talking about the constant degradation of the board over the past ~2 years.

People said that there's not much that could be done about it unless we had mods and janitors here 24/7, but that's not the case in my opinion. I think we should lets the mods know what we want here and what we don't. So I made a strawpoll so people could show what they want to start removing from the board. If theres a majority showing what we don't want here they'd possibly comply.

http://strawpoll.me/4148471
>>
you mean my copypasta?

god damn /mu/ is fucking terrible. There is maybe 1 really good, constructive, music related thread per every 40 threads on this board. Yet I still come here all the time, and I have figured out all you can do is contribute to the awful as much as possible, not try to fight it. That is why I start and bump a j-pop and k-pop thread every hour on the hour. That is why I spend all of my spare time in mspaint making variations on constanza.jpg, that is why I always bomb every thread by saying Piper at the Gates of Dawn was best Floyd album, No love deep web was best death grips album, Yeezus was best Kanye Album, Pablo Honey was best Radio Head album, and IDM is an entirely legit genre. That's right /mu/ I am that guy. While typing this out, I have already bumped a p4k thread, a last.fm circlejerk (I'm the guy that links random posts and just says mahnigga or >constanza.jpg, I don't even look at the content anymore), and my favorite, 'hay /mu/ at what age did you grow out of metal?'
>>
>>55225866
no. There was a serious thread talking about it.
>>
I don't want anything removed.

Just let people talk about whatver music they want.

If something had to go, it would be the multiple threads that spawn whenver Fantano realses a new review.
>>
>>55225885
theres an option similar to that in the poll.
>>
/tsg/ is the most harmless thread on the board.

They get five posts then 404.

Whever or that that's a good thing is up to you.
>>
>>55225859
If you need a break from hostility and shitposting, go to reddit for a bit. Then come back here when you get bored of bland douchebags that have nothing to say. That's what I do.
>>
Feels threads are already a bannable offense. Everything else is pretty simple to filter out. I hate /kpg/ as much as anyone else here, but they *do* keep to themselves.
>>
you left no choice for those of us who feel there's absolutely nothing wrong. thing's have never changed, trust me.
>>
>>55225885
should there be a containment thread made?
>>
>>55225892
I don't want Critic threads banned, but the mods should do their 'job' once in a while and delete multiple threads of the same review. Make a sticky or something if it's from a 'big' artist like DG or Tyler, where you just know shitposting will be rampant.

>>55225936
This

>>55225939
This.

/mu/ will fix itself.
>>
DERP GRAPS
>>
permaban people who unironically use reaction images with white blocky text on them
permaban people who complain about kpop or bleep generals
permaban people who complain about trips
permaban people who listen to only a combination of emo and hip-hop, both of the post-2000 era

permaban people who think avant-teen means liking tmr
permaban people who think mallgoth means liking eai
permaban people who use the phrase *tips fedora*
permaban people who complain about fantano's influence on /mu
permaban people who like dream theater or devin townsend
permaban people who post /mu/core or fotm shit in "post music you've never seen on /mu/" or underrated music threads

permaban people who post anything related to ian watkins
permaban people who post death grips memes
permaban people who keep complaining about death grips fans
permaban people whose favorite ambient and noise projects are bandcamp artists
permaban people who say "kek" or "top kek"
permaban people who make or regularly participate in fake album art threads or create an album threads

permaban people who make or regularly participate in youtube spam threads
permaban people who make "why do women suck at music" threads
permaban people who make "why do women have such bad taste" threads
permaban people who post infographics from /pol
permaban people who make "mosh/pit experience" threads
permaban people who make "-artist- general" threads
permaban people who make "what does /mu/ think of -artist-" threads
permaban people who make meta threads
>>
>>55225859
you forgot blogposting threads like this faggot's:
>>55225599
>>
Just ban everyone.

Music is shit anyway
>>
>>55225859
Ugh, it's not so much any particular thread that irks me, it's more the general nascence and low quality of discussion, which is inherent in the nature of an anonymous board.
>>
>>55225859
Where the fuck is the option of forcing rap into containment threads?
>>
>>55226018
That and the average age here being 17.

Nothing you will ever change and people aren't going to start writing well thought out paragraphs instead of memes and buzzwords.
>>
>>55226021
>>55226021
>>55226021
THIS

The true cancer.

>ONE thread for 2000 years of classical
>ONE thread for 100 years of jazz
>ONE thread for 10,000 years of traditional music
>25 rap threads at once
>>
>>55225936
Yo, I miss feels threads. Damn.
>>
lmao guys this board hasnt been worth coming to in 5 years
>>
>>55225859
Idk why people want to remove containment threads. K-Pop threads originated to keep the k fags in one place, if you ban them for some stupid fuckin reason all of the shitposters that flock to them will just post in every other thread. K-Pop is music so the threads aren't off topic, and they don't affect anybody else at all, so I do not understand all the hate at all
>>
/mu/ has been pretty shit lately but at least we've managed to keep /pol/ out for the most part.

I was worried after TPAB and that one p4k article that they were here to stay.
>>
>>55226059
They never discuss the music though. Other than that you're right, they keep to themselves so there's no need to worry about /kpg/
>>
ITT: ban the things I don't like!

>>55225920
Exactly, gotta balance the yin and the yang of internet awfulness.
>>
>>55225859
that image looks like it was made by a faggot

that said mu isn't perfect but not for the reasons cited. there are just too many shitty threads and repeated threads instead of "deep" personal discussion but it makes up for that in honesty and anonymous discussion. if you want that go somewhere else and use this for more loose discussion
>>
>>55226062
I think they moved to /tv/

>>55225907
On a side-note, I think there's an intersting contrast with /tsg/ and K-Pop Generals.

One gets barely any replies, and the other hits the bump limit within an hour. Just an observation.
>>
>>55226074
K-Pop generally isnt abou the music, it's about getting the best looking group to dance and sing bland PPP songs together, so it's understandable that the focus of the convversation would be on who's hottest and the vapid news surrounding the culture. It's just all the more reason to let the 1 or 2 containment boards exist rather than force them to shitpost everywhere else
>>
>people voting for removing generals
Retards.
>>
>>55226005
Sage
>>
>>55226095
/pol/ has been all over /tv/ for a while now, I've never understood why
>>
>>55226059
this guy knows what's up
I don't listen to k-pop, but it's nice that they aren't spamming every thread i guess
>>
>>55225859
>the constant degradation of the board over the past ~2 years.
People have been bitching about how /mu/'s going down the toilet as long as I've been here, which is like, 5 years off and on.
>>
>>55226136
I think the new Star Wars movie having a black in it has something to do with it.

That being said /tv/ has been going downhill ever since 2011/2012.
>>
Ban people who go to threads about artists/genres that they dislike just to shitpost about how much it sucks. If you generally like metal for instance but dislike a talked about metal album, feel free to talk about why you dislike it. If you're just gonna go in the thread and make implications about meal not being food, then get banned.
>>
>>55225992
This
>>
>>55226028
that has been this site for years
>>
>critic threads
>only at no. 4
>no rap or dg
Fuck you guys. You can filter shitty generals like kpop and tsg but not the hundreds of pointless meme threads pumped out every day.
>>
>>55225859
>FUKEN DUM BUTT
My sides have transcended time and space.
>>
>>55225859
Yo left looks homo as shit son

Right looks pretty good, if only I could fix one thing it's that everyone holding guns and explosives and killing each other

ah peace
>>
>>55226166
Fuck off.
>>
If i were mod i would purge mu of k pop threads and anytime someone made a meme rap thread this music would play in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZJeglZSIg
>>
How about reporting astroturfing shill threads like grimes and memecucks, and janitors doing their job.
>>
The best thing that could happen to /mu/ is people bothering to explore music outside of what p4k and fantano tell them about, and then discussing it on the board.
>>
I don't understand where the idea that less conflict equals a better board comes from. The reason that I come to 4chan to discuss things is largely the fact that people here feel very strongly about things and are willing to speak their minds. I don't come here for people who are afraid to step on any toes. I want people to duke it out and see what happens. Interesting things happen when strong opinions collide. Not much really goes on when people just do nothing but get along all the time.
>>
>>55226062
>>55226095
>>55226136
>>55226149

Why is /pol/ so obsessed with going to other boards and calling everyone liberal cucks if the board doesn't think that black people are ruining everything?
>>
>>55226609
you sound like a cuck dude
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.