[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"A new album every 5 seconds" http://www.factmag.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
"A new album every 5 seconds"

http://www.factmag.com/2015/03/05/bandcamp-breaks-100-million-in-money-raised-for-artists/
>>
File: I See Angels.jpg (19 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
I See Angels.jpg
19 KB, 350x350
Impressive and good for music in general... Lets add to that amount - start by indulging yourself in this! I See Angels - https://iseeangels.bandcamp.com/
>>
bandcamp is awesome
>>
>>54058614
No
>>
Good. This is good.
>>
inb4 people start posting their links thinking it's a bandcamp thread
>>
>tfw I helped with roughly 0.000008% of that figure
>>
>>54058811
Too late
>>
>>54058064
Fuck this so hard. This is truly deceptive. Bandcamp steals all of the money raised, barely any of the artists get any of the money. Do not support Bandcamp through buying digital albums like this.
>>
>>54059158
what? i sell my album for whatever i want and bandcamp takes a tiny cut
>>
>>54059158
Bullshit, I've made over $700 and about 20 of those have gone to bandcamp
>>
>>54059290
yes but paypal also takes a huge chunk.

let's say someone pays $1 for your album, then both bandcamp and paypal take their cut from that, then you're only left with $.30. they're making more money off your music than you are.
>>
>>54059333
No way. I get a the very least half of my $1 sales. Paypal doesn't take nearly that much from me.
>>
>>54059363
well that's what's always happened to me. i have made a grand total of $6 from my music and i've only gotten like $1.50 in return. it's utter bullshit.
>>
>>54059158
No, Bandcamp takes 15% of any money given, which is honestly the best deal I've seen in the marketplace outside of selling direct to the consumer.
>>
>>54059431
Here's a link:

https://bandcamp.com/pricing

And,

PayPal’s standard transaction fee is 2.9% + $0.30 USD.
>>
>>54059386
something is wrong then man, i've always made at least 50-70%
>>
>>54059547
Hmm, that honestly should not be happening, may want to give their customer service a ring, if they have it.

The only thing I can think of is that you had an unpaid revenue share balance. I think I've made about 400 total dollars and I've not had any issues.
>>
>>54059547
You can look at your sales report under the Tools tab, that may answer some questions for you
>>
>>54059158
Idk about that man, in my experience the Bandcamp take rate has been pretty reasonable, and the services they provide in turn are nice (being able to track pageview stats/plays/orders, able to include extra files like digital booklets and stuff like that).
>>
>>54059599
whats an unpaid revenue share balance? one of the last times I sold an album it said the money went towards that, but I havent done anything differently....
>>
>>54059692
That's the 15% of each sale - they typically don't take it at the time of purchase. This is from the bandcamp site:

>As you sell on Bandcamp, we track your revenue share balance, and when a sale comes along that’s less than or equal to your balance, that sale goes to Bandcamp. Let’s look at an example. For simplicity, let’s say the revenue share rate is 10%, and you sell an album for $10. All $10 of that sale would go straight to you, but your revenue share balance (the amount you owe Bandcamp) would now be $1. Then you sell another album for $10. All $10 of that sale would again go straight to you, and your balance would now be $2. As more orders come in, the payments continue to go to you and your balance continues to grow by 10% of each sale. Upon the sale of your tenth $10 album, your balance would have reached $10, so that $10 sale, and only that sale, would go to Bandcamp, and the balance you owe Bandcamp would be reduced by $10. You can view your current balance at any time by exporting your sales history from the Sales section of your Tools page.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.