[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SJWs blame lack of female artists on festival rosters on sexism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
>SJWs blame lack of female artists on festival rosters on sexism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD6lb0pMCPc Skip to 11:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_AELAp7Zo

Le Kek
>>
File: 1421027914200.jpg (94 KB, 336x400) Image search: [Google]
1421027914200.jpg
94 KB, 336x400
>activists blame lack of inclusion of women on discrimination against women

ftfy
>>
>>54029043
they're right though. How much of a dumbass conservitard to you have to be to deny that that's true?
>>
>>54029108
>conservitard
oh boy here we go
>>
>>54029108
we know you're just shitposting
>>
>>54029108
nice meme
>>
>>54029126
Yeah what a libcuck amirite
>>
This is just annoying, SJWs won't be happy until 100% of music is dominated by women. Statistically most musicians are men. Shut the fuck up you pieces of shit.
>>
>want to include more women
>must be filthy SJWs
I want /pol/ and /v/ to leave
>>
>>54029108
>ratio of women in festivals is the same as ratio of women in music

oh no
>>
>>54029108
lol
>>
>>54029204
Why does it need more women?
Why is the ratio important at all?
>>
>>54029269
>why is the ratio important at all

Really? Hypothetically if there were 100 artist in the world and only 10 of them were women then it would appear to be a bias, but really it's not. People just want something to bitch about.
>>
>organizer of Reading/Leeds likes mostly male bands
>"you like only racist, sexist stuff"

Sigh
>>
>>54029207
and why is the ratio low? because of institutionalised sexism which tells women they are worthless and will never make for great musicians.
>>
>>54029301
That's what I'm saying. Why is it a bad thing that there are more male musicians than female musicians in a certain genre, or music as a whole?
People who think it's because of discrimination will think its a bad thing, but they've just jumped to a conclusion without any evidence to back it up
>>
>>54029349
Oh okay lol, I misread. Glad someone else realizes this.

>>54029336
Piss off
>>
>>54029336
>institutionalized sexism

[citation needed]
>>
>>54029365
Do you seriously think patriarchy isn't a thing?
>>
>>54029384
sexism is a thing, patriarchy isn't
>>
In Top 40 I'd say it's 50/50. So any argument about any prejudice is bullshit. It's just that less women play music that would appeal to Reads Festival goers.
>>
>>54029404
>sexism is a thing

lol please. Women are objectively inferior to men in every single way.
>>
>>54029358
>tells women they are worthless and will never make for great musicians.
Examples?
>>
It's nowt to do with sexism. Groups of girl friends just rarely decide to get a bunch of instruments and be in a band. Which is why you get so many solo heffers like Kate Tempest.
>>
>>54029384

>you really think the patriarchy is a thing in 2015?
>>
>>54029405
Though the charts are about even for men/women, I think there are far less female musicians as a whole.
Not necessarily because of sexism though.
>>
>>54029427
>doesn't post an (self written of course) essay justifying his statement
opinion discarded
>>
>>54029443
That's what I'm saying
>>
>>54029427
Women are better at being inferior.

Your move, anon
>>
>>54029449
It's not hard to realize.

Physical strength? Men
Intelligence? Men
Critical thinking? Men
Music? Men
Art? Men
Everything in between? Men
Citation? Me

so fuck right off
>>
>>54029433
Meant to quote >>54029336
>>
forcing an arbitrary 50% division of female/male artists just for the sake of having more females isn't equality

it's just tokenism
>>
>>54029336
That institutionalised sexism has a name. Reality.

And you're looking at it through an inherently patriarchic point of view (as all of feminism does), as it would only tell women they are worthless if they were men. But they are not. They are women. So it's not that it's telling women that they're worthless, rather, more specifically, it's telling them that they're worthless at being /men/.

Being a man implies something. This has to do with the logical transformation between being fundamentally disposable as opposed to being inherently scarce. Those things which are fundamentally disposable produce an exterior, whereas that which is inherently scarce produces an interior. To make something is to produce an exterior. It makes no sense for women to be creators, because they are already better 'be-ers'.

This is not a one-off either. It has as much to do with men and women as it does the fact why your cheetos taste better than your kale, but why your kale has a higher nutritional content. It's simply an embedded logicality within the universe. One which makes no sense to question or 'change'.

The true actual honest to God way the patriarchy exists is in the fact that language is inherently masculine, and therefore any sort of ideology, by default, will be patriarchic.

Feminism is quite literally THE failed ideology. It is the ideology which literally represents all possible failure. That explains down to the behaviouralistic bone exactly why people interested in 'social justice' are the way they are.

You can't escape the truth.
>>
>>54029476
touche.
>>
>>54029514
>That institutionalised sexism has a name. Reality.
That's a pretty shit justification mate. "Things are the way they are, why bother changing things?" Fuck off.
>>
lol the only thing women are good for is sex and making food lol
>>
>>54029043
>watch second video
>everyone just goes "OMG BEYONCE RIHANNA NICKI MINAJ!"
I've never been to these festivals (or any in general) but aren't the festivals they're at rock festivals? Would bad female rappers/pop artists really fit in there?
>>
>>54029476
To be better at inferiority is technically not to actually be better at something. That's just a loophole of language and the way representation can work and nothing more.

It's like saying a stock for instance had the 'most' change in its sector if it dropped 30 points.
>>
>>54029577
there's no such thing as "rock festivals" anymore
>>
if women want to join then what is really stopping them but themselves? no one is setting up anti-women barriers and keeping them out
>>
>>54029554
Well no it's actually a logically airtight justification.

If things 'are the way they are' in the sense which I was conveying, then they simple could not possibly be changed to begin with. You are seeing only white where all colours exist.
>>
I know this is going to be a harsh, and it's probably going to ruin your day, but hear me out.

women aren't as good as men at music.

It's not a conspiracy that most musicians and most acclaimed musicians are all male.

It's not sexism.

The majority of women just aren't interested in music.
>>
>>54029751
what does it mean to be good at music
>>
I love how there is never an answer to why the the diversity ratio matters in entertainment.
>>
The vast majority of musicians, music fans and other people working with music are men, it isn't surprising that most festival bands consist of men too. Personally I'm ok with music being a male oriented hobby.
>>
>>54029894
>male oriented hobby
We can't have those anymore.
>>
and then the fire spreads in to /mu/.

good. good.
>>
>>54029500
That's a pretty good summary tbh.
>>
>>54029336
Are you kidding me? Singing is largely considered a girl thing. I'd get called gay for doing lessons.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.