[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are six fucking news "stories" about Kanye West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: pitchfork obsession.jpg (116 KB, 756x483) Image search: [Google]
pitchfork obsession.jpg
116 KB, 756x483
There are six fucking news "stories" about Kanye West on the front page of pitchfork right now and not one of them is meaningful in any way.

Is pitchfork obsessed or is this blatant viral marketing?
>>
they have a massive hard on for him, maybe hes paying them, maybe they are white guilt cucks, either way you can ignore their review cause i can already tell you they will lick his balls
>>
Since they're the most read news it is to be expected that they are on the front page.
A news magazine often operates on what people want to see and read.
>>
>Kanye West Sneezes at Salad Bar!

Kekkels, this can't be real.
>>
>>53957732
>Kanye sneezes at salad bar
Fuck this earth
>>
They've been on his dick for years. I stopped visiting their site since.
>>
Another 9.5+ for the next Kanye album from Pitchfork. Can't give him anything less for fear of offending their biggest news source/God.
>>
>>53957799
Slamming him would probably generate a bigger amount of buzz.
Look how people are still mad at some <5 reviews of that site.
>>
>>53957815
Maybe. Depends on if they can or want to deal with the inevitable backlash from Kanye himself.
>>
>>53957836
Did he ever acknowledge Pitchfork
>>
>>53957732
The latter. And, looking at /mu/, it obviously works.
>>
eh. i'm not a kanye dickrider but they did the same thing with panda bear and father john misty
>>
>>53957750
>maybe hes paying them

yeah.....you think ???? lol

There was a musician on here a while back posting proof that labels are paying pitchfork for viral marketing and positive reviews.

The label of this guys band had paid them.

THAT SITE IS CAN NOT BE TRUSTED
>>
>>53957907
Do you have a link?
>>
>>53957907
wasn't it matt mondanile from real estate?
>>
>>53957907
It was some shitty punk band if I'm remembering it right
>>
>>53957907
IS CAN NOT BE TRUSTED
>>
>>53957732
Kanye is the only big name p4k-approved artist out there who's doing anything right now. Obviously they're going to bump his shit on the front page for views and money.

>>53957945
Pretty sure that was proven false. The pic "he" posted was taken from Twitter.
>>
>>53957907

So it's basically the music version of Gamergate.

Not suprised at all.
>>
>>53957973
>Pretty sure that was proven false.

No it wasn't you tard.
>>
>>53957995
kk
>>
File: bawwww.jpg (11 KB, 200x270) Image search: [Google]
bawwww.jpg
11 KB, 200x270
He's the only relevant artist of our time.

If you don't like it, cry more faggot. No one cares about you and your shitty fucking taste.
>>
>no proof whatsoever for any of the claims itt

into the trash it goes
>>
They are trying to attract the 'people who don't like good music' crowd
>>
>>53957945
It wasn't real estate, it was something less relevant that faded away into obscurity before any form of fame
>>
>>53958055
http://instantrimshot.com/
>>
>>53958026
>He's the only relevant artist of our time.
no he's not, he makes shit music
>>
>>53958026
You are a turbopleb
>>
>>53957777
>leaving these quads unchecked
>>
>>53958026
>Kanye
>relevant
top kek
>>
>>53957888
nice trips. i don't remember there being THIS amount of hype for those artists.
>>
his music and himself are highly relevant yet I don't understand why. is it because his music is seen like a cultural tapestry or some horseshit like that?
>>
>>53957732
everyone is obsessed with kanye

it's yeezy season for fucks sake
>>
>>53957852
not that i can even recall
>>
Schreiber's twitter photo is a ktt smiley. What did you expect?
>>
yeezus is a shit album
>>
It's funny because he's never been less relevant in terms of sales.

Everything since Graduation has sold less.
>>
>>53958653
>http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=kanye%20west%2C%20Kanye&cmpt=q&tz=

I think that's a relativity accurate meter of relevancy.
>>
>>53958725

Being a celebrity isn't the same as being musically relevant. He's well known for being famous more than anything he's making. His music career has dropped off massively and that's why this new album is so obviously auto tuned super commercial pop. It's an attempt to be relevant again.
>>
>>53958653
>Everything after OK Computer has sold less
>>
>>53958741
You dont know what the fuck youre talking about mate
>>
>>53958741
If you look at his chart positions that still does not ring true. He seems to be more relevant than ever. Remember albums sales have dropped off generally.

But yes, I remember that he said that he wants to get back into the charts after Yeezus.
>>
>>53958759

Kid A went straight to number one in the US. I don't know what the long term sales were like but Kid A was a massive release

Besides I don't see what that disproves. Radiohead has never been less relevant to music at large.
>>
>>53958789

Nice retort

You can't deny his influence and relevance to mainstream music is significantly lower than it was when he released Goldidgger or Touch the Sky
>>
>>53958847
You're trying to argue an unprovable metric. Obviously no one can convince you otherwise, but what you're saying is simple not true.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/kanye-west/
>>
P4K loves Kanye even more than they love Blur
>>
>>53958900

It's not an unprovable metric. His singles are nowhere near as popular as his old ones and his albums don't sell as many copies as his old ones.
>>
>>53958943
that's a weak argument, everyone sells less now than 10 years ago
>>
>>53958900
How many of those 30 million buckaroos go straight to Schreiber's pockets?
>>
>>53957907
makes sense man
if you have the money and you want your record played
you gotta pay.
I'D do the same if i had the money
>>
>>53958452
Well it is Kanye West.
The last album (not reissue) they gave a 10 was his.
>>
>>53958971

Swift doesn't. Beyoncé doesnt.
>>
Pitchfork has no integrity.
I can't believe you guys eat their shit up.
This is the same website giving 8s and 9s to Kiss albums and 0.5s to Belle and Sebastian back in the 90s before they realized the agenda they wanted to push. Which is fine, except for the fact that they deleted the reviews. Pitchfork is a fucking joke.
>>
>>53958943
I mean you already have set your mind on this.
There are only 3 other artist which are more likely to instantly receive major attention. Those are TSwift, Beyonce and Drake.
Kanye's relevancy has hardly diminished just because he sells less. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_discography#Studio_albums
Just look at the peak positions.

>>53958981
literally all of them.
>>
File: Untitled.png (162 KB, 989x555) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
162 KB, 989x555
>>53959118
Proof. Go ahead and try to find this review now.
>>
>>53957907
Except it was a dude pretending to be from Real Estate and the guy posting copped to pretending in the thread
>>
there's nothing viral about it.
kanye doesn't pay them.
kanye pays his pr firm who then do 'favours' for them.
plus it gets them clicks.

the PR/journo relationship is a symbiotic one in the worst way possible.
>>
kanye west is 37 years old
>>
>>53959372
that was 40 years ago........
>>
>Kanye West Apologizes To Beck and Bruno Mars
>Bruno Mars

Wat?
>>
>There are people who feel obligated to listen and praise a tabloid sensation's shitty pop music because it's "culturally significant"
>There are people who listen to mindless top-20 garbage because they think it will make them look cool and open-minded
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.