[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Jaden Smith? Beside him being the son o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 1424981905249[1].jpg (80 KB, 1280x672) Image search: [Google]
1424981905249[1].jpg
80 KB, 1280x672
What do you think of Jaden Smith? Beside him being the son of Will Smith, he's actually pushing for a rapping career. Whether it's on own strength or not is debatable, but it's actually pretty decent. The kid's 16.

Latest album recently dropped and is free4stream:
http://thisisthealbum.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEi66I9ElXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnSW9kDUOs
>>
I will never forgive that faggot for ruining Karate Kid.
>>
>>53916513
That first song is chill as fuck. Fully feeling this. He could honestly be really good when he gets older.
>>
>>53916513
Yeah being a rapper is easy when everything is ghostwritten and you have rich family and friends to promote you. Honestly I hate the kid, and everything he stands for.
>>
i think it's good for a 16 year old. it'd be cool if he got into hypnagogic rap but he won't.

shame that he's who he is because i personally can't get past the fact that he's jaden smith.
>>
>>53916575
Imagine telling people you bump Jaden's new album
>>
>>53916547
Not gonna fanboy the kid, but come on man. Rapping isn't that easy, and his flow is pretty fucking great.
The lyrics seem pretty Jaden Smith-y to me. Sounds like something he'd write. He's a pretty fucking weird unique dude, and his whole musical style shows that perfectly. I have a feeling he wrote this shit, or at least was hugely involved in the writing process (which is pretty good for a 16 year old)
And, he didn't choose to be rich and famous from birth. He's just trying to find himself, so he's not just remembered as Will Smith's son. Can't bash him for that.
And what the fuck does this nigga 'stand for'? He's fucking 16 my man he's not standing for shit, let him do him.
>>
>>53916599
haha exactly. the first video posted was pretty dope though. not a fan of the second.
>>
>>53916620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUYJoAxtesM

Holy shit this one kinda bangs...
>>
>>53916610
Will pls go
>>
>>53916654
Man I'm not even a huge fan of his music but he's improved a ton and he's gotta be commended for that shit. Let the lil nigga do what he does
>>
File: Will-Smith-007.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Will-Smith-007.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>53916685
Ok
>>
>>53916610
no matter what i think it is going to happen. he was born into an extremely lucky situation.

also dont kid yourself, rapping is pretty easy. you have to put some time and thought into it but it is not hard.
>>
File: lil nigga doin his thang.png (59 KB, 640x263) Image search: [Google]
lil nigga doin his thang.png
59 KB, 640x263
>>53916714
Will don't swear though. Plus shit if I was man like Will Smith man would be doin more important shit than shitposting on /mu/
>>
>>53916513
first song really isn't that bad
>>
>>53916651
yeah, love that minimal beat. pretty impressive flow.
>>
>>53916749
>shitposting on /mu/
Glad you see what you're doing
>>
>>53916547
>WAAAAAH IM JEALOUS OF JADEN'S SUCCESS!
>>
>>53916513
0:46

is he actually saying he fucked 15 girls?

"you can be my 16th"
>>
>>53916782
At least I'm not talking shit about kids.
>>
>>53916513
plain artistic nepotism
>>
>>53916906
nepotismo makea the world go round
>>
This thing people keep saying that he's funded and basically being spoonfed everything is either very well hidden or just simply untrue. He is just uploading tracks and samples to SoundCloud once in a while and having absolute no name producers. All his "websites" and press releases are on Tumblr and this edgy, truther (conspiracy), artistic shit he's doing in videos is how he's been tweeting on Twitter ever since.

Sure, it helps when your Dad is a rich ass motherfucker who has big contacts but I really think he's pushing on his own strength here and not necessarily having done everything for him. Everyone hating him because he wants to become an artist whilst he is by inheritance already rich and known as fuck, are somehow just unable to accept that artists can also come out of wealthy families.

Take for example Drake the rapper, he's actually being pushed by his family and network since the early days and _pretends_ he did it all himself and had to struggle to get big. Unless Jaden has like managers and psychologists who take all of this into account and are pushing this "self-strength" image, I am actually believing he's just a kid who wants to be an artist and happens to be the son of Will Smith.

What are people hating the kid for? Because he's inherited successful and he's doing something which potentially can make him more successful?
>>
>>53917030
>Because he's inherited successful and he's doing something which potentially can make him more successful?
yes. he has it easy. there are arguably many others who are just as good if not better who have been floundering in obscurity for years hoping something will click but it never does. for this kid there is none of that, jsut a rocket to the top. thats why people are pissed off. how do you not see this?
>>
>>53917030
>Implying somebody would give a single fuck about Jaden Smith if his daddy wasnt fucking famous and made him star in high budget movies.

Admitting that he obviously had it easy and that he is successful due to nepotism doesnt take away that he might have talent.
>>
>>53917072
Different guy but why does it matter if he 'has it easy'? As long as he doesn't rap about being a real nigga from the trap then it really doesn't make a difference. He's pretty talented, and if this is what he wants to do with his life then why is that so bad? Just because he was born rich he isn't allowed to make his own money? Start his own legacy?

>Just a rocket to the top
Not necessarily. Not all kids of celebrities ever achieve success. You know who Diggy Simmons is? That's Rev Run's son. He raps. I mean, he's doing alright, but he has a completely different fanbase from Run DMC. I doubt half of his fans even know who Run DMC are. Most of them are teenage girls who think he's attractive.
Just because he comes from a successful family, doesn't mean he's guaranteed to make it big. Will Smith has another son that no one even knows about. That's proof.
>>
>>53917199
im just pointing out what is upsetting about the situation. if i were in his shoes i would do the same thing.
>>
>>53916859
XD XD
>>
>>53916859
> 16
> kid
Pick one
>>
>>53917072
So because he's playing "becoming even more known" on easy mode he's hated? Remember he's already well known? He is the son of Will Smith. No matter what he does he is rich and plays life on easy mode. What is he supposed to do, just live with that title, finish school (or dropout), get a high-class job via his dad and just spend money the rest of his life?

He's trying to become an artist and leaving that whole title behind him for the sake of leaving it behind him. I respect that. What would be easier, go opposite towards the stream and try to put your rap songs on SoundClound free to play and become a better artist? Or just spend your entire day throwing around money of your Dad and getting a brand new sports car every birthday without fulfillment in life whatsoever?

If you know anything about Jaden it's clear he wants to be more than "the son of Will Smith" and he tries to do this on his own strength. I think when he releases a new song or album and there are a few people who like the music for the music or critique him for the music he makes and he can learn from that, he's happier than when his Dad gives him another million dollars for no reason other than being his son.

It's something you see a lot with people who became famous or rich without any effort. It's the feeling of lack of fulfillment. Why live? So they (ab)use this fame and resources to do things other people can't and see that as fulfillment. Because they have no other way to have a meaningful existence.
>>
>>53916906
Out of all the fields where nepotism is a problem, the arts are not one. We are all free to ignore his music.
>>
>>53917072
>year of the internet
>truly talented artists having trouble getting a decent amount of recognition

maybe they just suck lol
>>
>>53916513
Am I being rused? Both him and his sister are trash artistically. The Cool Tape or Chill Tape or whatever Just Was Not That Good. Everything else they have put out including this is literally incoherent mumbling (Willow Smith) or trying to ride the Lil B/Sad Boys phase that ended years ago.
>>
File: bait.png (117 KB, 680x528) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
117 KB, 680x528
>>53917306
>>53917199
>>53917030
>>
>>53917030
Itt: Will Smith
>>
>>53917356
It's not bait. I am honestly frustrated by people who hate people just because they are successful or they have it "easier" than them in life. What kind of shitty reasoning are you using when you trash someone because he's better off than you? What's that? I want to understand it.

In my opinion, it is okay to hate people for who they are or what they do BUT not for their resources, assets, inheritance or house they were born in. Sure, you can be jealous. You can think "I wish I had that" but hate them? Dislike them simply because his/her father/mother wanted a son/daughter?

When you get dealt a bad pair of cards in life you either accept that or work your ass off to achieve what you want to achieve. If you fought hard and tried to make it happen and then it still isn't working the way you want it to be, fucking accept that's what you are. At least you tried your best to improve instead of these people hating and not even attempting to make a step forward because it's easier to complain than to make a change.
>>
>>53917557
I wouldn't hate if he wasn't awful
>>
Jaden Smith is the most important human since Kanye West
>>
>>53917657
Can you put some fundaments underneath that statement? Make it an opinion instead of an ad hominem?
>>
>>53917674
already posted here
>>53917323
the only upside is every once in a while the beats are chill but he really has nothing to do with that
>>
>>53917557
i got your back dude. everyone else is just >waaaah im jealous of jaden waaaaaah
>>
>>53917323
>Just Was Not That Good
why?

>incoherent mumbling
I haven't analyzed all of his lyrics but what I have heard, it all has meaning and thought behind it. Whether you approve of his ideas is a different story, but it's definitely not incoherent (from what I have heard). It's cohesive from start to end and nothing like "bitches bitches money money smoke weed e'ry day".
>>
>>53917657
Its cool to dislike his music, its just retarded to dislike him for the sole reason that he happened to be born into a wealthy family.
If you would listen to his music if he happened to come from southside Chicago, there's a problem.
>>
>>53917868
but i wouldn't. i dont care where you come from. rich people have the same capacity for creativity as poor people, white or black, poor or old. if it sucks, i won't like it. that's all i care about. is the music innovative? no. aesthetically pleasing? no. is it meaningful? no.
>>
>>53917923
Then that's fine. There are people on this thread giving him shit because he's already rich, that's all.
>>
>>53916513
He didn't write the lyrics, he didn't produce the beats.
The kid has had everything in his life handed to him, how could you possibly create art from that? Every genuine artist whoever lived comes from a place of intelligence + hardship, even if they write happy songs.
He'll never be a good rapper, he'll never be a good actor, he'll never be a good thinker, simply because of the position he is in.
>>
He was adorable in Pursuit of Happyness. I wish he could've stayed that age.
>>
File: bait_2.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait_2.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>53917557
>>
Joanna Newsom comes form a wealthy family and almost nobody hates her here, these people probably dont even like Jaden Smith and are defending him just to make you angry, dont reply.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.