[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This should be the standard key layout for pianos/keyboards since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: balance.png (5 KB, 318x202) Image search: [Google]
balance.png
5 KB, 318x202
This should be the standard key layout for pianos/keyboards
since it actually actually treats E to F as it would any other half-step. The conventional layout treats the half-step E to F like a whole-step, which results in 24 different required fingerings instead of just 2.

This layout requires you to learn only TWO fingerings
because the intervals separating whole tones are EQUAL.

The black keys are the even whole tones and the white are the odds.
This keyboard is laid out properly.
>>
god pls no
>>
>>53855446
I think your a few centuries too late my man, we've already gotten used to the current system. And I doubt the companies that produce the pianos will go for it.
>>
>>53855446
>This layout requires you to learn only TWO fingerings
I don't understand, all 12 keys would still require different fingerings with this layout. What do you mean by only two fingerings?
>>
>>53855446
>>53855666
Not even a few more like half a century, synthesizer were the big break when we could have developed a better interface, but moog kind of ruined it.
>>
>>53855446
Oh, man! No!!!
>>
i agree
>>
>>53855746
you could shift the fingerings up one full key (e.g. start on D rather than on C) and use the same fingering to play the same phrase in a different key (like on a guitar)
>>
>>53855446

my mind is kinda blown right now.
>>
>>53855446
>12TET
pls

THIS is how keyboards should be layed out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akGtDPVRxk#t=107
>>
this is really dumb when you actually think of the ramifications for 5 seconds.
>>
>conventional layout treats the half-step E to F like a whole-step
No it doesn't, the E and F keys are right next to each other. Whole steps have a key between them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.