[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this Dance-Punk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
How is this Dance-Punk?
>>
It's dancy and punky

>that filename
>>
because it's shit. like all dance punk
>>
>>53753515
you're shit
>>
>>53753515
but Gang of 4 and first Liars album
>>
>>53753577
>it's shit. like all dance punk
>>
>>53753595
how
>>
I don't get why people call LCD Soundsystem dance-punk. Literally nothing punk about them, they're really just indie pop with a disco influence
>>
Because that shit's the jam.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al2sb80sm0I
Is this dance punk?
>>
>>53753595
>>53753515
your taste is shit
>>
>>53753463
What does Jack White have to do with all this?
>>
DFA 1979's EP and first LP is all you have to listen to, OP. They're godly records. The new one, not so much.

LCD Soundsystem is pretty good but different.
>>
>>53753671
just bc they were part of the nyc dance punk scene (yyy, the rapture)
>>
>>53753945
I've already listened to every album. They're good, but they don't really seem to have anything in common with other Dance-Punk bands.

Also a big LCD fan too.
>>
>>53754017
Yeah, I agree, but that's why I love them. Never really was interested in getting into dancepunk after I heard them or LCD.

That said, 65daysofstatic is very good too, in the same vein as LCD but less 'punk', check them out,
>>
>>53754017
Totally misread your OP, not a fan of dancepunk so I don't know.
>>
>>53753577
I feel you on that first Liars album.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.