[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If you criticize Kanye West, you are a racist.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: lol.png (311 KB, 696x572) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
311 KB, 696x572
>If you criticize Kanye West, you are a racist.
>>
Who is Jarvis Cocker?
>>
>Jarvis Cocker

Pulp is awful
>>
Who is Jarvis Cocker?
>>
dafuq is jarvis cocker
>>
It amuses me that people think like that
>>
Black men commit half the violent crime in this country while being 6% of the pop, we have less tolerance for tnb.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about Jarvis Cocker outside of the UK.
>>
who even is jarvis cocker
>>
Who the fuck is jarvis cocker?
>>
Never trust a women with died red hair and cat glasses.
>>
>Jarvis Cocker did it in the 90s and it was hip and edgy
Am I supposed to know who that is?
>>
Cocker invaded the stage at the 1996 BRIT Awards in a spur of the moment protest against Michael Jackson's performance. Jackson was performing his hit "Earth Song" while surrounded by children and a rabbi. Cocker and his friend Peter Mansell (a former Pulp member) performed an impromptu stage invasion in protest.[citation needed]

Cocker was detained and interviewed by the police on suspicion of assault. He was accompanied by comedian Bob Mortimer, a former solicitor, who represented him in that capacity.[8] He was subsequently released without charge. Opinions from the press on Cocker's actions were mixed. Melody Maker's 2 March 1996 edition, for example, suggested Cocker should be knighted, and Noel Gallagher of Oasis said that "Jarvis Cocker is a star" and should be awarded an MBE. Regarding his actions, Cocker said, "My actions were a form of protest at the way Michael Jackson sees himself as some kind of Christ-like figure with the power of healing. I just ran on the stage. I didn't make any contact with anyone as far as I recall."[9]
>>
>>53482804
who the fuck is jarvis cocker though?
>>
>>53482828
>>53482802
>>53482784
>>53482755
>>53482710
>>53482704
>>53482677
He was the frontman of a shitty Brit band from the 90s called Pulp who never had a hit song outside of England.

They're probably best known for their song Common People which became an epic memesong after William Shatner made a cover of it.
>>
>>53482804
Damn, I'm racist for thinking Kayne West isn't cool and edgy for being a little bitch when some guy with cock in his name had a viable reason to protest in the 90s.
>>
>>53482804
who even is this guy
>>
>>53482658
kek its called affirmative action m8
>>>/pol/
>>
File: wait a sec.png (23 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
wait a sec.png
23 KB, 267x200
>>53482745
>>
>>53482658
>one of the greatest genius of 21th century
>21th century
>its been only15 years
>>
What about when Tim Commerford climbed up into the upper stage rigging during the MTV awards when Rage lost? I can't quite remember the public reaction but I thought it was dumb as hell then.
>>
File: 1422146919915.jpg (23 KB, 522x454) Image search: [Google]
1422146919915.jpg
23 KB, 522x454
>>53482745
>>
>>53482804
http://youtu.be/CgG-XJgmXdU

So this is what he's talking about?
>>
>>53482658
Holy shit why is /b/ still here?

DAE HATE SJWS OR AM I JUST THE ONLY ONE I MEAN BEING WHITE IS A CRIME AMIRITE GUYS (SARCASM :>))

Seriously just fuck off no one cares about this shit anymore
>>
>>53483198
cuck detected
>>
>>53483170
lol jarvis who
>>
>>53483198
If you can't handle the banter you should get >>>/out/
>>
>>53482804
daily remidner that Bob Mortimer is GOAT
>>
>>53482935
Nice lisp faggot
>>
>>53482658
Thom Yorke does have a reputation for being rude though.
>>
i generally love kanye's rants, and find him inspiring, but there's nothing "badass" about questioning Beck, of all people, of not having artistic integrity

He was way off point. It's not like Beck is some manufactured industry plant, like sam smith. He's an earnest musician.

the whole thing was fucking retarded
>>
I'm calling this, they're going to try to pin this on Beck like he was racist for accepting the grammy and not giving it to Beyonce.
>>
Jarvis Cocker was literally protesting an accused child molestor performing on stage surrounded by children. What he did was in no way "hip and edgy" and instead was actually a valid protest against Michael Jackson being allowed to act like he hadn't paid off families to drop sexual abuse charges against him.
>>
kanye is just mad because THE WHITE MAN WINS AGAIN

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I've already read like 3 different news articles saying how ye is an asshole for doing this. I don't think the people complaining actually saw it happen because you can tell he's joking around. Even Beck is a good enough sport to have a laugh and try to get him to come back up. If anything it shows that ye has some humility and is alright with taking the piss out of himself.

What he said after the fact wasn't aimed at Beck himself but at the music industry because he feels that black musicians don't get the credit they deserve.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.