[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey anon, what type of music do you listen to? How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: 14422356079.jpg (102 KB, 493x589) Image search: [Google]
14422356079.jpg
102 KB, 493x589
>Hey anon, what type of music do you listen to?

How do you answer this question?
>>
none
*puts on sunglasses and farts in he own mouth*
>>
Whenever someone asks me, I just say "I listen to a bit of everything. If it's catchy, I'll download it."
>>
Everything except rap and country. :)
>>
I don't talk to people.
>>
>>53332231
ac/dc and eminem post-ironically exclusively
>>
the beach boys.
>>
>>53332297
/thread
>>
"I'm into a lot of stuff. Right now I've been getting into black metal, funk, and assorted electronic stuff. Plus Ariel Pink put out his new record, so I've been listening to that a lot."

My response every time.
>>
>>53332325
what if Ariel Pink didn't just put out a new record?!?!?!
>>
>>53332325
disgusting
>>
>>53332325
Fantano fag
>>
"uhh, I like all kinds of stuff, really. Narrowing it down to genres is kind of difficult. I like Bjork a lot, and uhh, a band called Daughters put out one of my favorite records, uhhh, yeah"

Usually goes something like that. I know more often than not people don't know who or what I'm talking about so sometimes I'll just mention the more well known artists I like (like Bjork)
>>
>>53332337
Plebs don't know that.
>>
"Weird shit, man. WEIRD. SHIT."
>gaze deep into their eyes
>>
>>53332387
>tfw it's actually true in the eyes of someone who isn't familiar with anything other than the radio
>>
>>53332355
plebs love ariel pink tho
>>
>>53332231
- u have probably never heard of them, kek (sic)
- tell me anyway
- Radiohead
>>
>>53332428
Nigga....

We both know this ain't true. I've never met a pleb in the midwest who liked Ariel Pink.
>>
>>53332231
why is it so hard to just say everything
>>
>>53332418
If people want to hear I usually just play death grips or something.
>>
File: killmyself.jpg (30 KB, 486x499) Image search: [Google]
killmyself.jpg
30 KB, 486x499
>I've been listening to a lot of emo stuff lately
"oh like My Chemical Romance?"
>mfw
>>
Just name the most known artists that you like, even if you only like them to a small degree.
>>
>>53332446
oh like in the Katy Perry song?? I love Katy Perry lol! xD
>>
>>53332461
>being an american in a flyover state
fucking l m a o
>>
>>53332470
>tfw listening to Inanimate Sensation
>sister walks by
>"what the fuck is this?"
>>
>>53332491
so you're either a teen, or a homosexual? Or possibly both?
>>
With what i listen to. If you're too autistic to show people what you like you should get out of the hobby of listening to music.
>>
Alternative
>>
>>53332231
All
Craps pants and sits in same sopt
>>
U2
Maroon 5
Matchbox 20
are mah jams
>>
>>53332555
When i'm having a casual conversation with someone it's hard to convey accurately what my music taste is without actually playing the music.
>>
>>53332231
A lot of post punk, psych rock, and experimental stuff. I've been really into Japanese noise lately, as well as early ambient music, musique concrete, and krautrock. My current favorites that make generally accessible music are Savages, Parquet Courts, King Gizzard, and Bo Ningen.
>>
I just tell people my favorite band is the Beatles. Sometimes people are actually patricians in disguise and this becomes a launching point and we can talk about other music we like. Most of the time people just smile and nod because they know everyone is supposed to like the Beatles and it doesn't make me too weird or anything
>>
>>53332231
Recite your Last.fm introduction paragraph. It's there for a reason.
>>
I don't talk to people, but I always imagine that if someone approached me and asked or something like that, I'd just say "shitty hipster trash."
>>
>>53332805
tryhard
>>
I usually respond with the last three bands that I've been getting into at that moment because how do you really generalize your whole musical taste in a way that doesnt sound pretentious or long-winded
>>
>>53332775
just say the artists you listen to. it isnt hard. and if you have the audio on you show them. maybe theyll like it.

p.s. no one checked muh trips :'^(
>>
"You're better off not knowing."
>>
>>53332531
break mirrors with her face
>>
>>53332805
avant teen
>>
Avant garde music generally. You wouldn't understand.
*tips fedora*
>>
>>53332231
*makes jerkoff motion while smiling*
>>
File: 1417843001206.png (907 KB, 790x552) Image search: [Google]
1417843001206.png
907 KB, 790x552
>>53332822
>>
File: copr.png (42 KB, 1864x377) Image search: [Google]
copr.png
42 KB, 1864x377
>>
>>53333333
>>
>>53333594
damn...
>>
>>53333594
I go to /fa/ and dress like a queer too though.
>>
>>53332284
heh
>>
>>53332284
kek
>>
>>53333594
This is so untrue it hurts. I see plenty of people on here discussing music from the view of theory, myself included. That post was probably made by someone who himself doesn't know shit about music theory.
>>
>>53333729
I've been playing the saxophone for 7 years and I still don't know any theory :^)
>>
I usually just say I listen some of almost everything, because I do. Then I just ask them and when they say they like hip hop or whatever, I'll be like "Oh like blah blah or blahblahblah?" And they'll either say they love those artists or share some of theirs. And boom a conversation is born. It's not really hard
>>
>>53333758
You don't really need to know theory all that well to play well.
>>
>>53333758
Haha okay, I'm sorry? You should really learn though, it's a really useful tool, just not necessary
>>
mostly hardcore and emo, but anything that's not too poppy or repetitive really
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.