[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Downsides of being a patrician
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8
File: pepe.png (186 KB, 931x587) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
186 KB, 931x587
You can never ever go to parties anymore because they always play pleb music
>>
Downsides of being autistic, you mean.
>>
>having to tell your friends that their favorite album is considered a joke in the patrician scene
>>
>>53106389
How so? I get invited a lot, but I'd rather stay in my room and listen to patrican bands like Neutral Milk Hotel and Death Grips
>>
>>53106419
This is my favorite /mu/ meme in recent memory.
>>
erectile dysfunction
>>
>can never play your music out loud because roommate/family yells at you, "it's just random noise!" (even though it isn't) and complains it's giving them a headache
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x385
>>53106427
They see me trollin
Now they hatin
Sayin I'm autistic and white and nerdy
>>
>>53106374
A real patrician listens and enjoys all music
>>
Never in my life have I seen such a reddit tier post.
>>
>>53106456
Fucking stupid when people do that

Having a pleb taste isn't that bad, but never being open to new things is just a cancerous attitude
>>
>>53106374
>cringing at low bitrate
>hearing Lana Del Rey
>listening to people casually insult Kanye
>when somebody mentions NMH outside of your social circle
>"what are you listening to, anon?"
>not being able to make my gf a mix CD because 0% of my library is accessible to her
>tfw cock-chaffe because I constantly jerk off in patrish threads on /mu/
>>
>>53106459
Why is Ellen Degeneres there?

Fuck, her name has a lot of E's.
>>
>>53106374
This is you being autistic.
>>53106456
This is a legitimate downside of liking that genre of music.
>>
>>53106463
Wrong

A real patrician listens to no music and enjoys nothing
>>
>>53106494
KEK
>>
>>53106493
>not being able to make my gf a mix CD because 0% of my library is accessible to her

Teach her good music then, she is your gf ffs she should obey to you
>>
>>53106494
Those guys are lazy as fuck, didn't even bother w a fake beard
Light 2/10
>>
>>53106456

>ever listening to music without headphones

pleb pretending to be patrician detected
>>
>>53106374
>be in the car with my now ex-girlfriend
>stops putting on some shit called kawaii trap and edm
>put my headphones on and ignore her the whole trip jamming to Detroit Techno
>she tells me i have bad taste in music for not liking edm
>never talk too her again

tis the life bros of a patrician.
>>
The worst thing is not being able to talk about your favorite hobby with anyone

This is not just for music, this happens with everything when you reach patrician status
>>
>>53106459
the cringe hits hard with this post.
>>
>>53106545
EDM isn't even a genre it's fucking made up
>>
File: 1390786970995.jpg (37 KB, 502x460) Image search: [Google]
1390786970995.jpg
37 KB, 502x460
>You will never be able to turn on the radio and have it spew out the next great song you love after the other.
>>
>>53106520
I'm not really concerned with that. I understand that I'll never jive with anybody 100%, so I pick and choose what I share with folks. I have friends to discuss music with and a gf to share a bed with.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x467
>>53106555
You ain't seen nothing yet
>>
>>53106389
thread should have ended here
>>
>>53106374
Just get drunk m8
That's what parties are for anyways
And when you are drunk every song is patrician.
>>
>>53106529
>Still living with your parents or being in college with a roommate.
Get your own home, m8. You'll never use headphones at home ever again.
>>
>>53106569
its not
but she says edm is a genre and a "lifestyle"
>>
>>53106596
I am so patrician just alcohol doesn't do that for me anymore mate
>>
>>53106590
Of course they're Asians.
>>
>>53106546
>TFW have a /mu/tant bro to discuss music with all the time.
Feels good.
>>
>>53106604
I have a friend like this. It's pretty fucking irritating, but he goes to festivals and has tons of fun and pulls mad pussy, so I don't have much room to hate.

Your gf probably cheats on you when she goes to shows.
>>
>>53106546

I'm not even that far into patrician-hood (the most accessible scaruffi-core at best), but I still have trouble finding people IRL who like stuff that doesn't play on the radio. People here like to make fun of "lol I'm such a hipster" people who think Nuetral Milk Hotel is the most obscure thing ever, but I haven't met anyone close to that.
>>
>>53106570
most people who listen to radio don't explicitly like what's played; they're often just too lazy to explore anything else
>>
>>53106630
I live in a town where NMH is legitimately 2obscure4u-type music. I don't know where these mutants live where they're surrounded by patrish hipsters listening to nothing but noise and krautrock.
>>
>>53106493
>listening to people casually insult Kanye
Oh god, this feel.
I try to say to people "some of his music is actually great, I like him"
I get looks like I killed their cat
>>
>>53106655
I live in a country where Nirvana is considered hipster
>>
>not going to parties with earphones in and not socializing with anyone

what are you some kind of normie?
>>
>>53106665
I say this about Drake
>>
>>53106674
lel, I have a friend who does this but with podcasts. He wears those bluetooth earbuds every waking moment of his day.
>>
>>53106674
Why don't you just stay in your room then? To avoid feeling lonely?
>>
>>53106546
Pretty much but Its easier on the internet to fine people like that

but in real life forget about it.

i have a friend who has 2 copies of goodkidmaadcity
but he just plays swimming pools and the beginning parts of M.A.A.D. City over and over

300 plays of that shit on his itunes .
>>
>>53106674
>TFW this is so me I had to do a hard take and think if I've actually done that.
>>
>>53106604
>and a "lifestyle"
these people are terrible
i have a good deal of friends who are "edm" fans but i don't think i could associate with somebody who says stuff like that
>>
>>53106601

you're joking right? you don't listen to music with headphones out of courtesy you massive fucking pleb, you do it because it's the only proper way to hear the music.
>>
>>53106650

It's not that they're too lazy, it's just that they don't care.

For most people, music is the pleasant background noise that plays on the radio when driving to work, or when socializing at a party.
>>
>>53106650
>>53106754
>it's just that they don't care

This

And that's the main difference between a pleb and a patrican, patricians are always eager to learn new stuff, while plebs rather stay in their ignorant comfort zone.

You can apply this to all aspects of life, not just music.
>>
>>53106754
Which is why it's so weird when you hear some girl talk about whatever Lana Del Rey song that defines her like it's the first time she's ever actively listened to a song. I don't doubt that it's a very real experience for these types of people, but it's a testament to how fucking little people actually care about music. Yet, at the same time, they hold musicians in such fucking high regard. It's so strange.
>>
No, a real patrician is tolerant of and enjoys all kinds of music, but prefers more sophisticated stuff while alone or with close friends
>>
>>53106814
That is very true, but at the same he feels disdain for the plebeian untermenschen surrounding him, because a patrician is human afterall
>>
>>53106814
No true Scotsman puts sugar in his porridge.
>>
>>53106732
>He can't afford decent speakers.
>>
>>53106374
When I was 15 or so, I went to a girl's birthday party and took the music out of the CD player and put Piece of Mind on.

In retrospect, I was kind of a dumb asshole.
>>
>>53106833
seconded
>>
>>53106785
>they hold musicians in such fucking high regard
Common theme with that is the lack of a father figure or even parents to look up too. so they rely on "role models" to define them
which is why mainstream music will always stand. the artist are promoting a image for people to follow. false or not people will fall for it.

Instead of paying attention to the music they mostly focus on keywords and the person whos singing it.
>>
>>53106650
I listen to the radio when I need a break from my own music.
>>
>>53106860
>ommon theme with that is the lack of a father figure or even parents to look up too. so they rely on "role models" to define them

Has nothing to do with lack of father figure, literally everyone needs role models in life
>>
>>53106860
I'm just thinking of all the guys out there who must look up to Chad Kroeger as some sort of father figure.

And the myriad dad-like pop country acts.
>>
File: dss.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
dss.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
I feel more and more patrician each day and discovering new music is joy to my life
however i find that my friends doesn't meant much to me as they used to be and i feel kinda isolated, cuz you can't discuss the thing you want to discuss the most with them, because they're pleb
i'm sure all of you have this feel
>>
>>53106909
Yes, that's why I am on /mu/ a lot
>>
>>53106875
No I agree on role models
but Imo been inspired by say like your ancestors
even people who have done great for your country or who has made a great impact on human progression

is far better then some pop star who will probably fade away in a couple years.
>>
Be chilling at my friends 420 blazing it. I usually play music, so my friend says "hey anon put on some trippy electronic music" I play some aphex twin, and it plays for about two minutes until people start saying "wtf is this shit put on some slrillex or deadmau5. Well, I tried.
>>
>>53106947
Aphex Twin isn't even that patrician wtf
>>
Be chilling at my friends 420 blazing it. I usually play music, so my friend says "hey anon put on some trippy electronic music" I play some aphex twin, and it plays for about two minutes until people start saying "wtf is this post african repetition shit put on some stockhausen. Well, I tried.
>>
>>53106947
I tried this with the new Clark album, which is really fucking chill compared to a lot of RDJ and got a similar response.
>>
>>53106785

Well here's the thing, she's not just thinking about how Lana Del Rey defines her and keeping that feeling close to her as a personal relationship to her music. She's talking about it and letting everyone know how much "music is her life" so that people will see how deep and emotional she is. Along with the plebs who treat music as plesant background noise, there are the plebs (and many pseudo-patricians do this too) who use music as a tool to build their whole identiy around. She talks about how the music "defines her," other than her "defining the music".
>>
>>53106962
Well hes not exactly well known these days
>>
>>53106999
I know what you're saying, but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with using music to define PART of yourself. It's just bad when people use the music they listen to as a substitute for having a personality.
>>
>>53106841
yeah but some music just sounds better with headphones

>>53107062
>>
>>53106545
>Detroit Techno
my NIGGA
>>
>>53106623
>tfw the only /mu/tant I know only pretends to be patrician
>>
>>53106670
Where?
>>
>claims to be patricia
>wants to go to parties

not quite yet padawan
>>
>>53106389
REKT
E
K
T
>>
ITT: people who have nothing but the knowledge of obscure albums and their sounds.

Have you ever wondered why you can't relate to anyone, anon? Like you have nothing to talk about if it isn't music?

Typically people do not spend their free time painstakingly researching new music. They spend it living their lives.

My point is that if you have trouble relating with someone, find common ground. In 99% of anon's cases, that means going out and living your life, not trapped in your room learning everything there is to know (taught by people just like you) about: comics, literature, films, TV shows, music, genre fiction, action figures, games. . .
>>
File: autism.jpg (442 KB, 802x1117) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
442 KB, 802x1117
maybe you should all stop being massive tryhards and actually allow yourself to enjoy things
nobody is ever going to play charles mingus at a party, nobody is ever going to discuss earth 2 vs. pentastar with you when they're trying to have a good time, nobody is going to give a shit if their music is in .flac or not when they're playing it over speakers in a noisy room full of people

people play fun music when they're having fun

stop being butthurt that everybody doesn't devote their lives to the same hobby as you
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 273x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 273x324
>patrician
>2015
>posting pepe
I see through your web of lies
>>
>>53106419
>"having"
>Implying you have to downgrade your friends
>>
>>53109872
>that means going out and living your life, not trapped in your room learning everything there is to know (taught by people just like you) about: comics, literature, films, TV shows, music, genre fiction, action figures, games. . .

But doing just that is living my life.
>>
>>53106389
I'm a legitimately autistic patrician, and I don't give a fuck about the music they play at parties.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 565x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 565x529
>work for a high end loudspeaker company
>test and refurbish speakers
>play different types of music
>my superior always comments on it
>he plays nothing but death metal, rap rock, Devin Townsend, and 311
>in the warehouse area it's nothing but alt rock radio and Weezer everyday
>>
>>53109872
Ever read Nietzsche? Well he thinks you are an untermensch (subhuman). Ubermenschen (superhumans) spend all their free time to grow as a person in knowledge and experience.
>>
>>53106570
literally the only radio station I ever fucking listen to is KEXP in seattle. Actually really good, I tuned in last night and they were mixing Ariel Pink and Caribou.
>>
>>53110374

Does he ever spin Ziltoid the Omniscient? That's pretty tolerable
>>
>>53109872
how much of a fucking pleb normie faggot can a person be goddammit.
go back to >>>/soc/
>>
>>53106909
by "discussing" music with friends do you mean no one you know irl wants to make asinine charts and tierlists with you?
>>
>>53110374
>weezer everyday
I actually can't recall ever hearing anything by Weezer in public besides Island in the Sun and Beverly Hills
Not even Say It Ain't So, but i think most people are familiar with that song
>>
>>53110374
>Devin Townsend

wat

Devin Townsend is pretty rad.
>>
>>53109872
>Implying you can't do both.
No human is that one dimensional.
>>
>>53110321
That's because you haven't been to a party since elementary school.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.