[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2015 music thread. Post yr flaves. https://www.youtube.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: Ghost Culture.jpg (48 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Culture.jpg
48 KB, 480x480
2015 music thread. Post yr flaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6RJKp2knA
>>
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 3721x3721) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 3721x3721
>>52936768
yeah yeah I know, Ultra Bear etc.

really liking the new Arca track, gotta give that Jim O'Rourke, Peter Boltzmann & Haiko collab another listen
>>
Arms video is fucking incredible. Also SOTYSF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLqUHL79Pw
>>
>>52936832
Really like this new Panda Bear and the new Dan Mangan album that came out last week.
>>
File: Shackles Gift.jpg (2 MB, 1169x1169) Image search: [Google]
Shackles Gift.jpg
2 MB, 1169x1169
>tfw no pre-order
>tfw too obscure to leak
I know in my heart that this will be great
>>
File: cover.jpg (757 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
757 KB, 1417x1417
>>52936950
now I am intrigued

gave pic related a listen, wasn't crazy about it but the cover art is beautiful, and my favourite of this year so far
>>
>>52937022
https://soundcloud.com/bella-union/zun-zun-egui-i-want-you-to-know

I love this song so damn much, I've been trying not to listen to it until I get my hands on the album. I can't believe that Bella Union doesn't have any pre-order and the band has a bandcamp with nothing on it. Their marketers suck, but I hope it does well.
>>
File: 81pfDmHTj5L._SY355_.jpg (20 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
81pfDmHTj5L._SY355_.jpg
20 KB, 355x355
This song is proper YGYL material.

"Stanley"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyaZYAh5vvA
>>
>>52936908
are there any better songs than this on there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dAWPsrraBk
>>
>>52937275
Vessel is a great song, but it's probably the most cheery song on the album and a definite standout. Kitsch, A Doll's House/Pavlovia, War Spoils, Pretty Good Joke and New Skies are my five favorite songs.
>>
>>52937275
For me, no. No other song on the album has that conclusion. The guitar riff @ 2:15 and that brass along with the vocals is amazing.
>>
>>52936832
Principe Real was my fav. off this. Sounds like Peaking Lights a bit.
>>
>>52937275
I remember towards the end of last year when Vessel was released. I hated it at first, and thought the b-side was a lot better, but it grew on me pretty quickly. I really dig these Peter Gabriel vibes he's got going now.
>>
File: Viet Cong.jpg (473 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Viet Cong.jpg
473 KB, 1200x1200
Too obvious?
>>
File: Strangers to Ourselves.jpg (348 KB, 744x741) Image search: [Google]
Strangers to Ourselves.jpg
348 KB, 744x741
Coyotes is coming soon
>>
>>52936832
Tropic of Cancer is my SOTY right now.

>>52937634
Nah, you should get in your enjoyment now before P4K BNMs the fuck out of it and /mu/ inevitably backlashes and calls them a buzzband.
>>
Uptown Special is the fourth studio album by music producer Mark Ronson. The album was released on January 13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flfVmwvI-30
>>
>>52937795

>and /mu/ inevitably backlashes and calls them a buzzband.

It's so predictable isn't it ;_:
>>
>>52937795
Well I've been listening to Viet Cong since I saw them at NXNE back in June. They were flat out deadly live. I was surprised when pitchfork picked them up, and now the other music blogs followed, and they're getting overplayed on Sirius XMU...
>>
>>52937996
Really? Of course I guess I don't listen to SXMU all the time but I've only heard one of their songs played once so far.
>>
>>52938026
XMU plays buzz shit all the time and overplays it and then forgets about it. Ty Segall, Future Islands, Sylvan Esso, Courtney Barnett, etc.

And fuck Julia and Jenny. No matter how many times they ask for requests for their "Download 15" they will never ever acknowledge what I suggest. Either they don't actually get a say, or their listeners are just so fucking stupid that they themselves ask for best new tracks all the time.
>>
halfway through mark ronson and my mind is blown
>>
>>52938191
Congratulations, you're a Bruno Mars fan.

>>52938089
Glass Animals too. I fucking hate that band.
>>
>>52938089
I'm glad they played Courtney Barnett though. I really like her. Sylvan Esso is kind of eh though Future Islands is pretty cool from what I've heard of them.
>>
>>52938206
I'm unfamiliar with him but doesnt he just have one song on here?

well not mind blown regarding innovation but this album is solid as fuck
>>
Panda Bear's got it so far for me. Liked it a lot more than I expected to. Never been a big fan of his solo work but this seemed to have a lot more to it.
Viet Cong was OK but sounds like something I've heard before. Not blown away by any means. Ghost Culture was pretty cool but didn't really grab me, but I should probably give it another couple of listens.
>>
the more I listen to panda bear the more I hate it

mark ronson blows it out of the fucking water for me

these are the only two albums I've heard in their entirety so far
>>
>>52938289
Give Ghost Culture another go or two, once it clicks it's so worth it. Also Viet Cong is the band that was born out of Women after Christopher Reimer died, maybe that's what you're thinking of.
>>
File: Club Meds.jpg (115 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
Club Meds.jpg
115 KB, 624x624
>>52937275
>>52936908
I would have to agree about Club Meds. Such a quality album. Miles ahead of his other stuff.
>>
>>52938337
Nah, I was thinking Viet Cong just sounded like Killing Joke or some shit
Not that everything has to be 100% original, but just nothing really jumped out at me about it.
>>
>>52937924
>In Case of Fire
>Leaving Los Feliz

Love the 60s/early 70s sound these two songs have.
>>
>>52938308
>>52938191
>>52937924
I listened to the album this morning, it did the opposite for me. Did not enjoy at all.
>>
>>52938550
I just now finished it and my mind is blown

I'm actually kinda scared to hear it again my expectations are so high
>>
>>52938568
whats your aotysf?
>>
>>52938592
Viet Cong - Viet Cong
>>
>>52938601
ok starting now. I heard continental shelf a couple months ago but thats it.
>>
>>52938678
Death is the best. They saved the best for last.
>>
File: dawn_richard_Blackheart.gif (51 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
dawn_richard_Blackheart.gif
51 KB, 410x410
betta than twigz
>>
>>52938570
What are your favourite qualities about the album?
>>
>>52938775
well its all relative to me but for starters offhand I felt the songwriting was thoroughly dynamic especially when compared to panda bear or what I'm listening to right now viet cong march of progress. I mean this is a real no contest but to go into detail I'd have to hear it again.
>>
listening to mark ronson for my second time and its actually even better holy fuck
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.