[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personal Vaporwave Projects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Macintosh Plus- Floral Shoppe.jpg (152 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
Macintosh Plus- Floral Shoppe.jpg
152 KB, 525x525
This thread is dedicated entirely to personal vaporwave projects. Post your own personal vaporwave projects and rate other people's work. Personal projects should be posted here, and not spammed in vaporwave generals. This thread is for vaporwave only. Please don't post your black metal album or your lo-fi indie rock projects here. Be polite and don't harass the producers or spam negative comments on their music.

>inb4 "hurr durr vaporwave is a meme!1!" and other miscellaneous shitposting
Low quality posts and troll posts will be reported.
>>
>>52227483
>Post your own personal vaporwave projects
So just your average vaporwave thread?
>>
>>52227521
I consider this shitposting, but I'll let it slide. This thread is specifically for posting and rating personal projects, and not big artists like Macintosh Plus, St. Pepsi, Blank Banshee, etc.
>>
File: Tastes Like Pepsi.png (97 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Tastes Like Pepsi.png
97 KB, 900x900
>>52227483
https://cherrycardinalhotel.bandcamp.com/album/tastes-like-pepsi

Well I have my bandcamp stuff here... It isn't exclusively vaporwave but I would say there's a lot of vaporwave influence in there...

Give me feedback
Or don't.
I'm not telling you how to live your life.
>>
File: VØID- Dreams EP.jpg (216 KB, 705x540) Image search: [Google]
VØID- Dreams EP.jpg
216 KB, 705x540
This is my debut EP. It's not my first time making music, but its my first attempt at vaporwave. So far, I've received some pretty positive feedback, both on YouTube and here on /mu/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpWfuyEy6nA

Let me know what you think!
>>
>>52227821
So far, I dig it. Nice work m8.
>>
>>52228080
Thanks, man.
Listening to your stuff now.

I'm digging it. I appreciate the aesthetics per say... if that's what all the cool kids are saying...
>>
>>52228156
Thanks, man. I was going for a really chill, watery aesthetic with some early CGI to match the water/video game samples in the music. Leave a comment or something?
>>
File: a1626368355_10[1].jpg (126 KB, 483x482) Image search: [Google]
a1626368355_10[1].jpg
126 KB, 483x482
https://superlust.bandcamp.com/album/hotel-karos-spa

I was listening to eccojams nonstop and got some ideas.
>>
>>52228244
I can hear the water for sure. The thing with me was I wasn't trying to go for straight vaporwave, but I was trying to do it more in a Daft Punk type context...

Also, since dubs, I'll drop a comment for ya m80
>>
>>52227997
I like it, keep it up I feel like you'll just get better with time. I don't listen to much vaporwave though but regardless I like what I'm hearing. The only criticism I can think of is that 夢 feels like kind of a cliche kanji but that's because I'm a loser.
>>
>>52228311
Thanks, man! I can definitely hear more dance influence in your music. It's not just the average slowed down 90's samples.

>52228320
Thanks, anon! I was debating whether or not to include the symbols in the final version of the album cover.
>>
>>52228388
Meant to reply to >>52228320
>>
>>52228388
I try. The thing is that I'm not a HUGE fan of vaporwave aside from a few albums, but I'm expanding my palate there. I appreciate what you're doing because it doesn't sound boring. A lot of what I do hear sounds boring, but you're alright.
>>
yo
>>
>>52228436
Thanks! That really means a lot. I was going for something extremely chill and nostalgic. I'm glad I was able to do that with being boring.
>>
>>52228479
I've had such a hard time working on this new mixtape though because I'm trying to go for vaporwave meets Justice, but I don't know how to make any of it work or if it even can.
Wat do?
>>
>>52228605
To be honest, I'm terrible at giving advice. I start by choosing the songs I want to sample, deciding which ones would sound good together, (usually a main track and a secondary sample) and I start by slowing and chopping up the main track, rearranging it, and adding the secondary samples where I see fit. I'm more of a straight up vaporwave producer, so that probably won't help you very much.
>>
>>52228706
Well I appreciate the advice in the vaporwave sense of it all for sure!
>>
>>52227483

here ya go

https://soundcloud.com/hairy-faux-agency/all-i-want-for-xmas-is-vaportrap

made this and the other two vaportraps as a joke but w/e

i feel like me, a tryhard peak capitalist producer trying his try hard hand at vapor trap, i have a valid perspective

oh and it's christmas music

fuck music
>>
>>52227821
pretty redundant. nothing stands out about it to me.
>>52227997
same applies to this guy here. i feel like you could improve, though.
>>52228280
bland and uninspired
>>
>>52227483
could anyone rec me some more ambient-vapor like Infinity Frequencies?
>>
>>52229299
who the fuck are you, newt?

have you ever made anything?
>>
>>52229507
yes. yes i have.

also, no need to get angry. you all asked for feedback and i'm giving you feedback.
>>
>>52229396
My EP is pretty chill and ambient/spacious. You night like it: >>52227997
It's kind of short, though.
>>
Heres something I've been working on. I'm not trying to be a Vaporwave artist or anything, I was just bored one day and thought it might sound cool. So don't really judge me too harshly
http://vocaroo.com/i/s16LIbBiB0JA
>>
>>52229535
Let's hear your music?
>>
>>52229535

be more supportive. this scene needs more fans than detractors. no, i'm not anyone you critiqued

i guess I'm a post pomo critic of the critics. suck it, lard
>>
>>52229682
this
>>
>>52229682
How do I make vaporwave music and be in the scene and have cool internet friends that also make vaporwave music?
No, I'm not joking but I kind of wish I was.
>>
>>52230092
>How do I make vaporwave music and be in the scene and have cool internet friends that also make vaporwave music?

the scene will be dead in months, find people you like, work on your craft, work on your craft, work on your aesthetic, work on your craft, find fans, find other artists. be a great supporter, be energetic.
>>
>>52230165
>the scene will be dead in months

Is it not dead already? And if it's not why will it be dead in months if it hasn't died since it started like three years ago?
>>
>>52230210

all genres are alive and dead depending on who is making it or listening to it or talking about it.
>>
>>52230210

still alive here
>>
>>52229682
>>52230006
>literally alter your opinion to protect people's feelings
I want tumblr to leave.
>>
>>52230210
>>52227821
>>52227997
>>52228280
>still albums and EPs still being released
>vapor threads every day
>already dead
Think again. It's alive and well.
>>
>>52230326
>alive
Yes.
>well
kek. No one who hasn't released a 2014 bandwagon album thinks this.
>>
>>52230343
>bandwagon
Oh, no! The genre has more than three artists now! God forbid vaporwave expands. I would say this proves my point. It's inspiring people to create, and as a result, growing as a genre
>>
File: TheUnityPlaza small.png (3 MB, 3600x3600) Image search: [Google]
TheUnityPlaza small.png
3 MB, 3600x3600
twistpillar.bandcamp.com/album/the-unity-plaza
>the sound of using tainted honey as earplugs

I'm going to be listening to some new ones now

Also, I'm considering making a blog where people could submit their music and I'd review it for free. Would anyone be interested?
>>
>>52230407
>create
Totally agree bro. By the way did you check out this sick piece of art I created by slowing down that cisco call music sample in audacity that's been slowed down in audacity on at least 20 different projects this year? It's really philosophical and contemporary.
>>
>>52227997
I'm having a bit of a hard time with this one. Certain moments seem very over-played and a bit cookie-cutter, but you also have these great moments (the LoZ feel at 2:30, the pop bit at 1:18, various other tense-and-release parts) and I haven't decided if they make up for eachother. It's also a personal general dislike of ambient vaporwave, so I may not be your target audience

Basically, I'd say keep at it and focus on making sounds you feel you haven't heard before. In a genre like vaporwave being unique is key.

>>52230509
Who left this strawman out? It's scaring away all my birds!
>>
>>52229621
I personally don't like it when I can easily identify the sampled tune in a vaporwave song, plus the hard muffled panning is pretty painful and made my eyes water
>>
y'all are a bunch of dummies for trying to make vaporwave pretty

>it hurts my ears!
>it's boring
>it's skawwy

you don't get it
>>
>>52230419
This is great stuff. Very well put together and it sounds professionally (if I can even use that word in this genre) done. The songs have enough variety and progression between the five of them to keep you interested through basically all of it. Also, I feel like there is just enough going on the tracks to keep them interesting and exciting while also retaining a relaxing and uncluttered feel. I really like this.
Also, do you mind if I ask what software you used to make it just out of curiosity?
>>
>>52230576
>strawman
le fallacy fallacy face
https://ecovirtual.bandcamp.com/track/noctilucent
>>
>>52230720
Bros gonna bro.
>>
>>52230724
Thank you very much!

This may cost me some browny points, but I only use Garageband and Audacity. I've used Garageband for like six years and It's what I'm best at, going to try to learn either Mixcraft or Ableton next. Trying to step up my game
>>
File: mtdy.png (2 MB, 1116x982) Image search: [Google]
mtdy.png
2 MB, 1116x982
https://soundcloud.com/e-102gamma/music-that-drives-you

https://e102.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
Someday I'm going to make a vaporwave album, but instead of using 80s and 90s sounds I'm going to use 50s, 60s, and 70s stuff and sample old Moog recordings as the basis for things.
>>
>>52230868
So you're going to make Hologram Plaza pt. 2?
>>
File: CoverSmall.png (161 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
CoverSmall.png
161 KB, 400x400
Cool, here is my projekt, TDK Dreams. I just came out with this album a few days ago. It's Christmas-themed.

https://tdkdreams.bandcamp.com/album/blitzen
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.