[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone still do this? Does anyone still lie on their bed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: 1416870524585.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1416870524585.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
Does anyone still do this?

Does anyone still lie on their bed to only listen to music? Without distractions such as using your laptop/tablet/phone to browse the web?
>>
At night sometimes

or when im high
>>
>>51929419
Same as this guy
>>
every time i do i just fall asleep so not really, no
>>
when im drunk ill listen to tenacious d and play along on the guitar

with karate ill kick your ass
>>
Usually when I'm tired but it's too early to sleep.
>>
when i lie on my back i get extremely itchy and sweaty
fuck atopic dermatitis
>>
>>51929378
I never did
>>
I did this a long time ago and it was pretty fucking cool.

I bet my attention span is shot to hell now though.
>>
Not trying to sound edgy, but I really can't be left alone with my thoughts this way. I always need a distraction or sound going or the TV turned on or anything.

If I just lay there with music the feels or fact I'm doing nothing would overwhelm me and I'd just start getting anxious.
>>
>>51929585

This.

I have depersonalization disorder pretty bad, so I can't be left with my thoughts otherwise I start majorly dissociating
>>
I used to. I stopped obeying depression and started being more physically involved in life.
would do it with a qt for sure
>>
>>51929378
Mostly I sit in front of my pc, staring at the ceiling.
>>
i do it when i have time to kill, for example if im going out in half an hour i will put on a short album and listen
>>
That's how I primarily listen to music.

Am I supposed to grow out of it something?
>>
>>51929378
Sometimes yes
>>
>>51929419
same
the other night after honking mad doobers i came home and listened to siamese dream in bed with headphones
shit took me on a real journey
>>
>>51929609
really? with mine being with people make it worse..
>>
>>51929640
>Am I supposed to grow out of it something?

Not at all.

I am just curious. Because we seem to be doing so many things at the same time that it seems as if we don't even have the time to do nothing but to lie down and listen to music.
>>
>>51929378
yes when i listen to records.

setup in my bedroom.. love it mate.
>>
What I typically do is passively listen to an album while browsing the web, and if the album really engages me on a subconscious level I'll put it on my iPod and listen to an album through headphones with no distractions.
>>
File: 1409630338236.gif (154 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1409630338236.gif
154 KB, 500x500
>>51929378
I do this all the time
gives me the most feels
>>
>>51929812
are you me?
>>
>>51929585
This is absolutely me.
>>
>>51929858
That's what nearly everyone does retard
>>
File: 1DjWi.jpg (8 KB, 207x204) Image search: [Google]
1DjWi.jpg
8 KB, 207x204
>>51929858
>>
>>51929378
all the time

listening process is similar to >>51929812
>>
>>51929378
I don't have the patience to listen to only music. It's very annoying because I feel I'm not getting the most out of it.
>>
File: obzen.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
obzen.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
Any albums similar to this one from a different artist? Been really digging it and want to hear something similar.
>>
sometimes I put on my feels playlist, lie on my bed and die inside
>>
>>51929911
As ridiculous as it sounds, nowadays I can't even stand a little bit of melody or emotion in music because it just triggers thoughts and those thoughts trigger questions and confusion and sadness, which is why I mainly listen to over the top nigger rap, house music and other soulless stuff. It's great background music and all it does is motivate me and keeps me going. Some other music just makes me even more nervous or angry or annoying due to how predictable it is, I even become impatient with some music.

I need help.
>>
>>51929378
Lots
>>
>>51929585
This is so me. 120% me.

Even just sitting down and trying to read a book makes me anxious as fuck.
>>
>>51930118
>>51929585

You two should seek help. Seirously.
>>
in bed at night, otherwise I have to get out of the house to switch off and just listen to music
>>
>>51929378
Every night, yeah. When I want to listen to an album for the first time that's usually how I do it.
>>
>>51929585
),:
>>
>>51929378
impossible for me.

I have to be running around and shit while I listen to music.
>>
I do this for albums I really like, or am listening to for the first time and I want to give it full attention. You notice a shit ton more if you aren't distracted by other stuff
>>
File: 1417466177209.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1417466177209.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>>51929609
>>51929911
>>51930118
>>51930245
>>51930743

holy shit. people are actually nice on this board. Need to spend less time in /tv/ and /b/ for sure
>>
>>51930007
Do you know that djent exists?
If not, you have a whole entire genre of meshuggah clones to listen to
>>
>>51929378
Only if it's something I know I like. If it's something new and I don't like it I might get bored.
>>
ITT: Autism actually exists and isn't a joke
>>
>>51929378
The last time I did I started crying like a baby.
>>
File: 1337103363232.jpg (7 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
1337103363232.jpg
7 KB, 224x217
>>51929378
I'm probably the complete opposite of you, OP.

>tfw can't listen to music without laying down and thinking about stuff that will never happen to me

It's like I have a different kind of short attention span. I can't listen to music anymore without doing this. Pretty sure it's called "maladaptive daydreaming" or something like that.
>>
>>51929585
same sorta i get so paranoid at night if i dont listen to music
>>
>>51931869
Oh my god I didn't know this was an actual thing, and I have it

I'm embarrassed to admit it but I'm constantly fantasizing about me being a successful musician, but it'll never happen because I'm the most uninspired unoriginal piece of shit excuse of a producer to ever exist.
>>
>>51932884
If you say it will never happen then it will never happen.
>>
>>51931350
you need to quit using /b/ entirely you little fucking faggot
>>
>>51931350
>/tv/
>/b/
No wonder you're a wreck.

>>51929378
>still
I like sleeping on my side and I can't do that with headphones. I don't have a good pair of earbuds and listening on shitty ones really bothers me (muh quality).

I think I only actually listen to music in the car now. It's pretty sad.
>>
>>51933755

Oh man that sucks, I feel so lucky I get to listen to music at work for most of the day.
>>
>>51929419
this
or when I'm sad.
I find driving is the best way to listen to music. For some reason that's how I drink it in the most.
>>
>>51934499
>I feel so lucky I get to listen to music at work for most of the day.
This. Sometimes I hate having a shitty, monotonous job, but then I remember that I couldn't listen to so much interesting music if I was important.
>>
>>51934499
I'm jealous. One of my buddies works in a kitchen, they rotate control of the speakers and just blast whatever all day. Death Grips, pop punk, whatever the fuck; it's pretty cool.
>>
>>51929378
All the time, almost daily.

Its the best way to spend time with an album with your waifu
>>
i do this almost nightly, but mostly stoned

i still think the night someone told me to listen to Shlohmo's remix of Wings while i was stoned may have made my life
>>
all the time, I can use music alone as a distraction pretty well
>>
>>51929378
I've only actually done this once, and it was incredible. I need to do it again/more.
>>
>>51934531
>drinking and driving
>>
>tfw really need to talk to somebody desperately but i've come to the conclusion that if i can't connect to the person i'm talking to i feel like i'm wasting my time and then i feel like a selfish asshole

i'm a wreck tbh
>>
>disassociate so hard that I lose hours, days where I just stare at a computer screen or ceiling doing nothing
>break down crying whenever I'm not distracted
>curl up into a ball under the covers sobbing whenever I'm run into something that reminds me of my first crush
>ruminate on how short the time we have on this earth is, how short friendships and relationships always are, and how everyone always leaves or drifts away from each other

I'm so fucked up that I can't draw or make music anymore. I can't recover from this and therapy or medication isn't helping anymore.
>>
>>51929609
Woah
If that's true, you sure sound like you are in a shit position. I've felt some feelings of dissociation before, while I was under some heavy money problems and it wasn't very funny.
>>
I literally just got done doing that for a bit OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5xki8Wzu4

Would have been amazing high
>>
>>51935166
>having a limited amount of time existing
>spending literally any of it feeling sorry about that fact
You're a giant faggot
>>
>>51935389
i'm bisexual dude, so yeah. i am a huge fag

i'd say "well i do suck cocks" to be funny but we all know the story from here:

>no bf
>no gf
>never had a relationship with another human being
>>
>>51935166
>ruminate on how short the time we have on this earth is, how short friendships and relationships always are, and how everyone always leaves or drifts away from each other
I know how these things can be painful, but if you think about it, none of it really matters anyway. It's just the reality of the situation. You might as well try to squeeze some enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>51935713
lmao is that your psn
>>
>>51935924
>none of it really matters anyway. It's just the reality of the situation
There's some guy that dissociates hard and you post that shit?
>>
Hahaha I'm fucking doing it right now

Comfy Koss Portapro headphones on.
>>
File: 1389667123529.png (711 KB, 500x645) Image search: [Google]
1389667123529.png
711 KB, 500x645
>>51935166
yeah dude you just gotta get over it and toughen up
crushes happens, friends drift apart and shit happens
You gotta find new chicks, make new friends, and find what makes you happy

and yeah you're probably not bi
>>
>>51934531
listening to music while driving is one of the best things i can think of
>>
At least twice a day. That's the whole point.
>>
>>51929378
only when i'm dead tired at night, right before i go to sleep, feeling shitty, etc
>>
>>51929931
not me, dipshit. whenever I download an LP, I sit down in my handcrafted mahogany chair and listen to the album, and do nothing else. I just stare out my window, and watch the world fade into the night. get fucked loser.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.