[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is #dub here? Who are some epic artists besides Mad Pr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1
File: 1128894.jpg (33 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
1128894.jpg
33 KB, 300x266
Who is #dub here?

Who are some epic artists besides Mad Professor, Scientist, and Lee Scratch Perry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgoxpPK0FjE
>>
>>51565354
King Tubby, Augustus Pablo, no the list doesn't go further beyond the artists in this thread
>>
Of course lets not forget the king of dub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyPt7H66nc
>>
>>51565354
the other obvious artists. Augustus pablo, king tubby, the upsetters, Gregory issacs
>>
>>51565376
are yo appealing to OPs interest or would you actually like to go deeper into the genre?
>>
i love dub. i discovered it years ago when i started smoking weed. i read that it was like reggae, but trippier. i listened to Return of the Super Ape and have been adding stuff to my collection ever since.

here's a mixtape someone i found on twitter kinda recently:

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2014/10/01/bomboclat-island-soak-5-jamaican-vintage-dub-a-mixtape/
>>
>>51565392
I'm OP sorry I'm not really familiar with everything dub but its excellent and still sounds futuristic as fuck, would you mind sharing some not so well known artists?
>>
Dr. Alimantado - Best Dressed Chicken in Town

Classic

Here's a track with some John Holt/Paragons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7pxHI7tL4A
>>
>>51565422
I posted the wrong track btw. Meant to post I Killed the Barber.
>>
Keith Hudson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtmnSLrYpjU
>>
Scientist has like 100 albums. I doubt you listened to them all.

But that being said, listen to the Blood and Fire and Trojan compilations.
>>
>>51565412
lol my bad. i thought it was a snarky comment. check out Keith Hudson, jeh shaka, linval thompson, maybe some barington levy or yabby you. if you dont mind more lyrics definetly check out burning spear. big youth is also a favourite of mine. if you want 60s ska mash stuff check out the trojan box set and look at the artists from there
>>
Dub is easily one of the 5 best genres of music ever. I wish I knew what it felt like to listen to high.
>>
>>51565484
do you live on a farm in the middle of alaska? no? then go get some drugs
>>
>>51565492
I live in Middle America. Which is bad enough.
>>
>>51565500
>middle america
so meth is everywhere? im sure you can get weed
>>
>>51565508
Nah man. Never met any meth heads. Met a ton of weed dealers in high school, but I was boring and straight edge then. So I don't know where they disappeared to.
>>
>>51565522
ah a neet living in their parents house in an outside city comminuty. ok, yea maybe weed is an issue
>>
>>51565550
I don't know how you deduced I'm a neet, which I'm not. There's just no weed around here. Find a way to deal with it. We all can't live in Colorado and Oregon.
>>
>>51565354
Tenor Saw
>>
>>51565566
if you cant find weed, dont live in a rural as fuck area with meth, or have a job/in uni, you neet as fuck. weed is everywhere
>>
>>51565584
>weed is everywhere
I believe you're thinking of "God's love"
>>
>>51565584
Weed is not everywhere. Sorry buddy.
>>
>>51565603
naw. weed, in merica, in a non meth town, in work or school, non rural neet. he can find weed... or merica god
>>
>>51565605
in america? yea, it is.
>>
>>51565610
>>51565610
>naw. weed, in merica, in a non meth town, in work or school, non rural neet. he can find weed... or merica JAH
That would go great with a dub track
>>
>>51565626
No, it's really not.
>>
Rhythm & sound “with the artists“ is great newer/electronic dub. "King in my empire" and "we been trodding" are two of the deepest tracks that have heard. On mobile so no links, but it's on Spotify or YouTube.
>>
>>51565691
yea, it is. you are just a sperg. thats actually the issue
>>
>>51565707
It really isn't anywhere around here. My state is a solid 20 years behind the rest of the nation. But of course you know everything.
>>
>>51565755
clearly i do. no where has weed issues. you dont live in north korea
>>
>tfw the last time you participated in a dub thread on /mu/ everybody called you a racist for preferring the ambienty glitchy dub from people like kit clayton, pole, (early) vladislav delay and rhythm & sound

>Oh so the only dub you like is made by white people, huh? FUCK OFF! Digi-dub isn't even REAL dub!!!

;;
>>
>>51565767
Where do you live?
>>
>>51565783
I dont think there is anything racist about it, in Jamaica they dont really make dub anymore, sadly.
>>
>>51565789
ive lived in wa, ca, ny and idaho. been to many more states than that. its never hard to find in this country. the problem is you.

where do you live?
>>
>>51565813

>Washington
>California
>New York
>all extremely liberal liberal states

>wonders why the other 47 states have a hard time finding weed

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>51565825
>been to many more states than that
>can't read at all
yep, the issue is you. kansas and the Ozarks werent even an issue
>>
>>51565789
it's legal recreationally in four states

try harder retard

(sativa edibles are the only way to go, beware of tolerance)
>>
>>51565825
legal in washington alaska colorado oregon dc

"medically" legal in like a dozen states
>>
>>51565852

>comparing salvia to weed
Confirmed disinfo.
>>
>>51565870
not to mention meth is huge in many of the other shit states but he's never met a meth head....

he probably buys milk from a meth head
>>
>>51565872
sativa

not

salvia

fucking

retard
>>
>>51565890
What the hell is sativa? It sounds equally as shady.
>>
>>51565890
yea well thats the kind of idiot that cant find weed in america. what did you expect?
>>
>>51565907
L O L

>>51565911
literacy
>>
>>51565907
go to bed you child. you have church in the morning. and also meth intake
>>
>>51565925

>lel I'll just make fun of him for not being as big of a drug user as I am XD
>>
>>51565907
fucking retard
>>
>>51565925
>literacy
He said he lives in middle america.....
>>
>>51565935
I'm making fun of you because you are too fucking dumb too use google
>>
>>51565935
ikno rite?!?!? i only idose! what is weedz?!?! 420 minecraft i hate street smartz! 430 my trustfundit!!!#$$#@
>>
>>51565927
>>51565941

>I don't know what drugs the kids are doing these days, therefore I'm a retard
>>
>>51565958
>these days
unless you are over 45 that is not a new term
>>
>>51565971
I'm 25. Literally what the hell is sativa? You say that as if it's a household name.
>>
>>51565907
haha
>>
>>51565986
holy shit you idiot. google it and feel like a gigantic idiot, pls...

welcome to the modern world
>>
>>51565988

>I'm cool because I know mind altering substances than you do XD
>>
>>51566017
i kno rite! lets eat dish detergent and breath in bug spray!
>>
>>51566011

>the modern world
Top fucking kek.

Yes, because kids started using some random drug in 2011 I'm supposed to know or care about it.
Literally kill yourself. I bet you like swag rap.
>>
since you are incapable of using google I'll spoonfeed you because I'm bored

there are four different types of cannabis

indica - focus on body high

sativa - focus on a "psychedelic" high, (not comparable to LSD or other psychs) can be very paranoid or frightened depending on set and setting, best way for music

hybrid - hybrid

non thc - used to treat epilepsy , not psychoactive

here in colorado we have companies that breed for these traits and for colour and smell

the green solution has nearly 10 stores across the state of colorado for example with selections of any of these

sativa edibles are the strongest way to experience it period, but tolerance is rapid

half a 100mg bar will get you "there" for example

and yes I know you'll just shitpost in reply to this
>>
>>51566035
>2011
top kek!
way to fuck up son. you're like 30 years late
>>
>>51566035
see
>>51566042
>>
>>51566035
also you have to be 21 to buy so even if you traveled to colorado you're still outta luck
>>
Is this the same nigga who has Doctor Dick song? Is this a comedy nigga
>>
>>51566072
no if i called alcohol spirits he would call it a young drug. he's just an idiot
>>
>>51566099
not comparable but I got you
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.