[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vaporwave/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
Civil discussion edition
FAQ:
>What Is Vaporwave?
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Vaporwave
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporwave
http://www.dummymag.com/features/adam-harper-vaporwave
>Where Do I start?
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/notebooks/vaporwave_guide/
One of the best guides to follow.
>Where can I download all of this?
vaporwav.es
vaporwave.me
>Where do I go now?
Explore of course, with the new tool to discover amazing vaporwave.
http://vaporwave.me/discover/
>Vaporwave community
http://www.reddit.com/r/Vaporwave/
Discuss anything vaporwave, new finds, future of the genre, whatever.
Futurefunk, vaportrap, etc. allowed as well
reminder to ignore bait, you faggots fall for it too much
Also
>What're you listening to?
pic related
>>
>>51247163
Good album OP, gotta love the NIGHT DRIVE. Have you heard his new release yet? I've yet to listen, I haven't had the chance.
>>
>>51247163
still bumping the shit outta this, one of my vapor AOTYSF
>>
>>51247163
>>51248168
muh niggas

>>51247380
i was about to ask this same question
>>
>>51248168
except it's not vaporwave, it's oceangrunge

please make an oceangrunge containment thread
>>
>>51247380
Just noticed that he put something new out. I'm going to go listen to it right now
>>
>>51248196
it's just vaporwave with a different sample base and more reverb bro, get with it
>>
>>51248196
And the shitposting BEGINS
>>
File: diYvLQK.jpg (127 KB, 499x675) Image search: [Google]
diYvLQK.jpg
127 KB, 499x675
Night Drive. Nice.

I'm just starting to get into vaporwave - my friend recommended that I check this forum and the vaporwave/mallsoft soundcloud groups so that's where I started.

Any other album recommendations for a beginner?
>>
>>51248196
It's a subgenre of vaporwave, it's allowed stop bitching you faggot
>>
>>51248254
He's not shitposting, oceangrunge posts always derail vaporwave threads. Lets try and keep talk of it to a minimum
>>
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
Could anyone stand to get through this whole thing? I love a lot of the individual artists but this thing bored the shit out of me immediately and I couldn't get past hour 1

>>51247163
>>51248168
Both 7/10s for me, not my styles though
>>
Okay I've got a question here that could be taken the wrong way, but at least I'm not viraling (i think?):
How do I become more discussed?
I'm not talking about more popular because my album is actually surprising popular on bandcamp (it ranks 11 under Eccojams, 28 in plunderphonics, 38 in noisepop, 110 in vaporwave, and 3 in oceangrunge even though I've been meaning to take that tag off) and I feel really lucky that it's gotten as far as it has, but it never gets discussed or even mentioned outside of bandcamp threads. What am I doing wrong? I really wish I had that level of feedback that others have without having to constantly force it out of people.

obligatory self-promotion:
https://twistpillar.bandcamp.com/album/unity-plaza-deluxe (new track btw)
>>
>>51248262
I'll give you a list of my favorites:
g h o s t i n g - Virtual Saxophone Transmissions
情報デスクVIRTUAL - 札幌コンテンポラリー
S U R F I N G - Deep Fantasy
Video 2000 - Midnight Ride
Fuji Grid TV - Prism Genesis
DATAVISION LTD. - VECTOR TABLES
Midnight Television - S/T
Future City Love Stories - 油尖旺 DISTRICT
Upscale Loft - 高級ロフト
Also read OP's FAQ list for more questions
>>
>>51248300
the only guy derailing the thread is you
>>
>>51248344
go to /r/vaporwave
Also if it's good people will start talking about it, I think your stuff is okay but doesn't try anything new.
Good luck though
>>
>>51248329
Same feelings here, but I've been enjoying individual tracks from it on vaporwave.me/discover when they come up

Problem is the album is way too long, I've never sat all the way through it for more than two hours
>>
>>51248364
What's the best way to utilize that place? How do I promote it without getting too annoying?
>>
>>51248262
Try the classic shit from Vektroid and Internet Club (under all of their different names) and find the areas of the genre you like most. Also listen to Chuck Person's Eccojams

>>51248345
good list but i'd do what i said before diving into some of these.
>>
>>51248385
Post something once per week, that's a reasonable amount for an artist. Join in the discussions too so it doesn't look like you're just there to spam your link.
>>
>>51248369
I sat down when I first downloaded it and thought "alright, gonna play some n64 games and listen all day" and then I just got annoyed and turned it off lol
>>
>>51248417
Alright, I'll try that. Thanks!
>>
>>51248345
>almost entirely 2014 vapor
disgusting/10
>>
>>51248443
Why did you stop making stuff like on your first album? Just curious
>>
>>51248448
>being elitist about vaporwave

i thought that shit got old already?
>>
>>51248443
>>51248454
oops, meant "Day"
>>
>>51248448
I read three 2014 albums on there
>>
>>51248465
>being elitist about people having different opinions than you
>posting the exact same response every time someone says they prefer different music than you

i thought that shit got old already?
>>
File: 1412885076032.jpg (27 KB, 500x508) Image search: [Google]
1412885076032.jpg
27 KB, 500x508
People wanted a list of Future Funk artists that isn't Saint Pepsi or MACROSS so here's a good list of people:
.nebula
bluntside
Mega Bunneh
wizardtreats
YUNG BAE
オウムのジャングルPARROT JUNGLE 95
Beerlover
Rollergirl!
VentureX
Contact Lens
Phoenix #2772
Lancaster_
Mike Tenay
Flamingosis
HOME
floral ファンク
.CASTING
Booty Thrill
SYLLABUS
Palinoia
スーパーセックス永遠にSUPERSEX420
>>
>>51248262
I like a few of the tracks from Floral Shoppe, and some of Daniel Lopatin's other work. I'll give Eccojams a listen.

>>51248345
Solid list. Thank you!
>>
>>51248196
If you make it, they will come.
>>
>>51248476
Oh I haven't I'm just taking a quick break to experiment with this. I'm certainly not giving up on Grow Colossal but it's really tiring making instrumental music with that many layers, I was moving at a snail's pace. Just taking a break.

Still a noisefolk artist at heart
>>
>>51248448
There's literally only three you tard lurk more
>>
File: a3157519694_2.jpg (58 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
a3157519694_2.jpg
58 KB, 350x350
listening to pic related right now and i'm up to track 4... sounding very good thus far
>>
File: floralshoppe.png (197 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
floralshoppe.png
197 KB, 350x350
>>51248448
As times have changed, the demands of the marketplace on our company have increased markedly. We recognize that competitors operating at world-class levels of performance - in quality, cycle time, cost efficiencies, and new product development - are a likely part of our future. We are now better able to understand the importance of our customers' needs, and quality has a new meaning. To become a world-class company will demand flexibility, teamwork, competencies, and focused improvements that we would have found nearly inconceivable a few years ago; and it won't be possible without the full involvement and engagement of every person in the company. World-class companies have recognized that effective leadership and management of people is absolutely critical to achieve the high levels of quality and customer satisfaction they need to compete in today's market. A company's employees are viewed as a valuable source of competitive advantage, and managers assume responsibility for designing optimal structures, systems, and practices. The following human resource policies are practiced by world-class companies: People are strategically important to the company's competitiveness. A work environment based on a set of shared values is a key element to improving quality, innovation, and productivity. Integrity is fundamental. People have a shared destiny with the company. Human resource systems and practices are designed to promote competence and commitment.
>>
>>51248329
I listened to it all, was disappointed There's only a few good tracks, it's definitely quantity over quality
>>
>>51248345
Nice, but not really a place for beginners. The one in the OP is best http://rateyourmusic.com/list/notebooks/vaporwave_guide/
>>
>>51248579
u ok
>>
>>51248344
this is actually good, i was expecting another shitty shambient bandcamp project
>>
>>51248629
I agree, it's got some good shit and boring shit. Its disappointing because Telepath and Hong Kong Express in particular out of that lineup are two of the top producers in the game right now. That 2814 album they put out on Ailanthus Recordings a few weeks ago is a whole other level though... HNNNNG. One of my definite favorites of the year.
>>
File: 2014vaporwave.jpg (1 MB, 1360x659) Image search: [Google]
2014vaporwave.jpg
1 MB, 1360x659
2014 vaporwave list we made a while ago
>>
>>51248712
Potentiality is the healing of life, and of us.
We self-actualize, we reflect, we are reborn. Nothing is impossible.
You may be ruled by turbulence without realizing it. Do not let it confront the nature of your myth.

You will soon be reborn by a power deep within yourself — a power that is ever-present, non-local. Astral projection may be the solution to what’s holding you back from an epic paradigm shift of health. Through naturopathy, our souls are engulfed in insight.

As you dream, you will enter into infinite transformation that transcends understanding. We exist as four-dimensional superstructures. Empathy is a constant.

This path never ends. It is in ennobling that we are re-energized. Soon there will be a maturing of balance the likes of which the universe has never seen.
If you have never experienced this transmission on a cosmic scale, it can be difficult to live.

Humankind has nothing to lose. We are at a crossroads of freedom and stagnation. Our conversations with other seekers have led to a blossoming of ultra-karmic consciousness.

We must strengthen ourselves and empower others. The quantum cycle is approaching a tipping point. Imagine an ennobling of what could be.
>>
>>51248775
Pretty good. Some albums on here I haven't heard, thanks.
>>
>>51248168
I loved this album, probably my favorite album by him

>>51248329
This fucking album is such a disappointment... 2814 is the shit though, as well as it's on a quality label.

>>51248344
I actually really like your stuff. What do you use to produce?

>>51248579
u wot m8
>>
File: 06 Sacred Tapestry - Shader.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
06 Sacred Tapestry - Shader.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2500
>>51248852
fuck, forgot to attach my pic of what i'm listening to
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.