[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan thread, faggots? I've been listening to this non-stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
Japan thread, faggots?
I've been listening to this non-stop since Wednesday.
>>
jap music threads are such echo chambers i swear
the same artists every goddamn time
>>
>>51075481
Download link?
>>
man the images in the catalog didn't load and I thought this thread would be about David Sylvian :/
>>
>>51075620
thats what mu is

these people dont know how to find their own music so they just regurgitate the same shit till they find something new to latch onto
>>
>>51075620
You can make that argument with any of the common genre/topic threads on /mu/ though.
>>
>>51076050
Gimme a sec, I'll post it on Mega.
>>
>>51076088
>>51076173
Idk it just seems more evident in these threads

maybe because it's a bit harder to find new jap music because of language barriers
>>
I just came across this the other day, not sure how known this guy is.

http://flau.bandcamp.com/album/after-all
>>
File: 1405094001706.png (60 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
1405094001706.png
60 KB, 500x632
Boredoms
Boris
Flipper's Guitar
Syzygys
Hoahio
Cornelius
After Dinner
UFO Or Die
Ghost
The Stalin
Synapse
Skip Skip Ben Ben
Salaried Man Club
LSD March
Meme-dori
Grim
Fishmans
Sachiko M
Citrus

to name a few
>>
>>51076223
I'm waiting man
>>
>>51076589
not him but i posted it on mega yesterday:
https://mega.co.nz/#!w8wy0agR!Yhj824IPyeER8aaYHvE-sO7U3EhxziSfO0_Bg5nXvgY
>>
>>51076603
Forgot to add:

I thought it was pretty good. A bit more upbeat and poppier than their last release, but i actually thought that was a good thing.
>>
>>51076589
Oh fuck, sorry. I forgot to post the link.

Kinoko Teikoku - Fake World Wonderland (2014)
>Japanese pop-rock with a tinge of shoegaze in it. A bit of a departure from their usual stuff, more straightforward and energetic.
https://mega.co.nz/#!h9cwzaiT!n9r1XGRBmOz9ABGqXDBKMi3PpMK03WkKEp1JdHOS9sE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBRqRAh9vJM&channel=UKPROJECTofficial
>>
>>51075620
Doopees, Fishmans, the list goes on
>>
File: folder.jpg (408 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
408 KB, 2000x2000
Maybe you guys will like these.

Kazumi Nikaido (二階堂和美)- Mata-Otosimasita-Yo (また おとしましたよ) [2003] @ V0
>art pop, avant-folk
https://mega.co.nz/#!n0VgVZZa!vXihspm5a7f-H7pWf74hwlDFWOBKpNAVdmC06OG7n_U

Tayutau (たゆたう) - Fune Ni Oyogu (舟に泳ぐ) [2014] @ FLAC
>avant-folk, art.pop
https://mega.co.nz/#!ekk1CQwA!VOzAG1NsWWzPxdZnvug_ka49_IW_oOiN4BC-aODMgSg
>>
Great album. Love the upbeat feel to it.

I'd like to get into some more Jap music. Anyone know where I can get some? My usual torrent sites are terrible with foreign stuff.
>>
Do you guys listen to Japanese music because it's catchy? I don't think there are many who understand the language on this board.
>>
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 1200x1200
I really enjoy 踊れないなら、ゲスになってしまえよ by Gesu no kiwami otome lately
>>
>>51076696
who listens to music for lyrics in any genre thats idiotic
>>
>>51076696
>Needing to know the language to appreciate music

It's certainly a component, but lyrics are secondary most of the time.
>>
>>51076696
I study in japan at the moment, so I started to listen to jap stuff and talk with girls about it. My japanese also got much better because of it
>>
>>51076687
animebytes
jpopsuki
nyaa
>>
>>51076696
I live and study in JP, is all. There's quite a good scene for a lot of the genres that I like so yeah.

>>51076758
Where you at mate
>>
new kinoko teikoku, that's awesome.
>>51076685
snagged that Kazumi Nikaido, thanks mate
>>51076696
a ton of people here are trying to learn, or pretending to learn, but music is a great way to get into some of the culture and maybe try to understand a few words.
i don't know how many french albums i've downloaded because of this, it's really useful honestly.
>>
>>51076687
the archive is pretty good, since japanese stuff gets posted here all the time
i get anything that isn't on the archive on Soulseek
>>
>>51076791
Tohoku, you?
>>
File: cover.jpg (134 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
134 KB, 800x800
As an attempt to steer away from the usual "Boris, Midori, the list could go on..." tendency these threads usually have I'll recommend something different

Etsuko Yakushimaru - Radio Onsen Eutopia

>Japanese art pop

Jpop with a "space-like" atmosphere + qt vocals. Pretty easy to get into

The opening track is one of my personal favorite Japanese tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOCvhT5dvE4

I downloaded it a while ago, so I don't have a link, but if I find one I'll post it here
>>
>>51076849
Tsukuba, in Ibaraki. Countryside's boring as shit - luckily Tokyo's not too far away.
>>
>>51076793

No problem. It's very good. Sorry for no samples, pomf.se is acting up at the moment.
>>
>>51076870
Sendai is a pretty nice city and the Tanabata festival in summer was fucking great
>>
Anyone here doing the JET programme? I'm heavily considering doing it next year.

I have no naive aspirations to the job there. I know it's possible that I'll be a human tape-recorder for a classroom full of kids who don't give a shit. I'm moreso looking for a way to be a isolated in a new place, with money and time to work on my writing before I go to gradschool and lose all my free time.

Also, any suggestions about rural Japan living? Advice? How do you like it out there?
>>
>>51075481
oooohhhh shit nobody told me they dropped this
>>
>>51076961
It differs from person to person, I guess. I'm a sucker for huge crowds, architecture and vibrant cities so it's not completely for me. Personal experience is pretty much as long as you're an alright guy and you're willing to learn the language, you're fine. Oh, and as the foreigner, we kind of have to make the first contact instead of the other way around in socializing, I've felt. Don't over-weeb because the stereotype of JET is pretty much that. All things considered, it's a pretty nice place to live in.

Oh, and cycling through the countryside can be pretty fantastic in spring and autumn.
>>
I'm not too big on Shinsei Kamattechan's other stuff but goddamn I love this album.
>>
>>51076931
The festivals in general are awesome as fuck, man. All that money I spend for food every time has never been not worth it.
>>
>>51076719
That's the band formed by the Indigo la End singer, right?
>>
good ways to come across new or old underground japanese stuff?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.