[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bleeproduction/ #14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
1910 - synths started 1920-50 - modular synths 1960-70 - golden age of synthesizers for old rock musicisans 1980 - the age of dco rebels + new wave 1990 - height of synths, dx7, need i say more? 2000 - synths are still good 2001-06 - synths are changing 2007 - phase of vsts and some other shit that was forgetful 2008 - some crappy synths starting to appear 2009 - crappy synths are spreading, fast 2010 - you gotta be kidding me, roland gaia? realllyyyyyyyyy? 2011 - R.I.P SYNTHS
>>
I was wondering, since Aphex Twin has a massive cult following, why isn't his music replicated a lot? I mean it sounds really easy to make

Radiohead did use some of that influence but I can't really think of many electronic acts to actually replicate him like they would do with many other important bands

If I'm wrong, show me some Aphex Twin replicas
>>
>>48155913
>really easy

Are you joking?
>>
>>48155913
>it sounds really easy to make
well, you're wrong
>>
>>48155966
No

>>48155974
I don't think so, do you make music?
>>
>>48155990

I make music, Aphex Twin is ridiculous as fuck. I'm curious though, why do you think it sounds like it's easy to make?
>>
>>48156063
>Aphex Twin is ridiculous as fuck
Link me to a difficult song, seriously
>>
looking at the Gaia right now and i'm salivating. someone tell me what's the problem so I don't have to dream of what could be if i had more money
>>
>>48156104
It sounds like shit for the price (overpriced)
>>
>>48156110
just watching some videos now, and yeah, sounds like the same sounds i could get out of my microKORG for 300$ more
>>
>>48156074

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vrvdPRLeEU

Here's one of the more traditional songs.
>>
>>48156074

What does "difficult" mean? Difficult to recreate? To play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FMccwa-0vA
>>
>>48156248
Seems like a typical breakbeat sped up then sped down, some drum rolls, pauses, some samples here and there, some effects

Though I admit you did give me one with enough variation that's not quite straighforward at all. But most on his main albums isn't quite difficult to do I would say.
>>
>>48156295
Difficult to make out because it's sped up like x5, lol
>>
>>48156356

can't handle the drill n bass faget
>>
>>48156356
LW
>>
>>48156333
He programmed that whole thing though. Thus the name "Taking Control", ie taking control of his drum machines. You can hear various drum machine samples through out the song.

>Some samples some effects

You can say this about any song. The part that's difficult about Aphex Twin is that a lot of those weird breaks and patterns are sequenced, he doesn't just throw in some "repeat effect" and call it a day. He has a lot of weird ways he morphs and changes his sounds. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of gear he uses to get his sound.

I'm still confused as to why you think this is easy. Could you make something similar? I'm interested.
>>
>>48155913
>Aphex Twin replicas
Beatwife. To such an extent that people thought teasers for his new album were RDJ.
>>
>>48155913
There are lots of artists that sound similar to his Analord stuff. Artists like Dave Monolith, Jodey Kendrick, EOD and the like, influenced by AFX and the wider Rephlex roster. Rich obviously likes them because he ended up signing them to Rephlex as well.

As for Rich's music, some is replicable, some is a lot harder to replicate. There is a lot of detail in his music that isn't immediately apparent that contribute to the overall quality. Like BoC, I think Rich goes in to painstaking detail with each little element of his tracks, he's a perfectionist.

If it's so easy to replicate, you're free to go ahead and try and post results here.
>>
File: Roland R-8.jpg (109 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
Roland R-8.jpg
109 KB, 640x458
What do you guys think of the R-8? someone on my local craigslist is selling it for 100 bucks and I kinda want a drum machine
>>
Tell me about synthesizers, mu
What's the difference between one of those and say, a "digital piano"?
>>
>>48157076
Being able to make you own sounds.
>>
>>48157076
Digital piano it'just a key board with piano samples. A synth it's a wave form generator wich is sometimes paired with a keyboard
>>
>>48157016
Sounds kinda cheesy to me
>>
So whats the fattest analog vco for the cheapest money possible? Preferably 2 osc
>>
File: VermonaMonoLancet_01[2].jpg (190 KB, 800x565) Image search: [Google]
VermonaMonoLancet_01[2].jpg
190 KB, 800x565
>>48157220
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJ0m0Vi75E

modulus 02 video out
>>
Looks good. How is it againt the minitaur? Is it worth spending a little more on that?
>>
>>48157220
Monotron Duo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLOxRSll5Q
>>
>>48155895
congrats on the dumbest start to these threads ive seen yet
>>
What is Reaper used for?
>>
>>48157370
Recording, sequencing, mixing, mastering.

It's your standard DAW in the vein of Cubase, Logic etc.
>>
>>48157325
Someone's not read the original copypasta
>>
How to use .nki files? Google failed to me. :(
>>
File: HUNTR1.jpg (357 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
HUNTR1.jpg
357 KB, 600x600
using ableton to make some deep house, keep getting clicking when side chaining, is this just because ableton compressors suck or what can i do to prevent it?

also my new song if anyone wants to give feedback that would be cool
https://soundcloud.com/huntr33/ultrathing-huntr
>>
>>48157997
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/718354-why-abletons-compressor-clicking-sidechaining.html

https://www.ableton.com/answers/clicksound-while-sidechaining-a-sample

Five seconds googling.
>>
>>48155895
>that pic

goddammit, kids have it so easy these days.

i'd love to see a 4 year old operate a DX7
>>
>>48156333
>>48156619

Seriously, if you think it's so easy, why don't you make it? Like, even one copy of a song.

Literally, you should be able to do this and prove it to us if it's actually easy to do. If you say you can't do it, then obviously you're wrong, no?

Fuckin' trolls, man...
>>
>>48157930
judging from the previous threads and this, it's official: we have a dedicated troll
>>
WHY DO THE MS20 MINI AND MICROBRUTE ONLY HAVE MIDI IN, WHEN THEY WOULD BE SUCH AMAZINGLY GOOD CONTROLLER FOR OTHER SYNTHS????

ARRRRRGGGHHHGA:LGDKJ:LAGJ:LIAG:OJI

Guess I'm just gonna have to get an arturia beatstep or something to control shit, fml. Really want a module like the lancet and another cheap analog synth that has keys and MIDI Out, though, fuuuuck....
>>
>>48158678
Implementing MIDI out with stuff like velocity would be probably too costly (especially with these keybeds..)
>>
>>48157370

To quote a user on their forums,

>That's very frustrating with Reaper: you know the functionality is hidden somewhere, but you have to be a wizard to make it appear from your hat!

>I know. It's the price you pay for not having someone decide your workflow for you and the ability to improvise methods for specific needs that arise. It's generally easier to create a workflow paradigm and tailor all pieces of the software to that. Many programs do that very well. But it also means that whenever you want or need to go outside of that paradigm things get very difficult or impossible. REAPER is on the opposite side of the scale. A bunch of nuts and bolts that (mostly) all fit together. You can do almost anything, somehow at least, but it also means the easiest tasks can be daunting until you've set up your flow for it. Then it can blazingly fast.

>If the other DAWs are Ferraris and BMWs then REAPER is the army Hummer with a .50 cal machine gun up top. :)
>>
>>48158668
but i'm not trolling >_>
>>
File: still messy.jpg (349 KB, 1306x736) Image search: [Google]
still messy.jpg
349 KB, 1306x736
Reporting.

Recording some neato ideas I had this morning. Wondering if I should sell/trade my juno for a different analog poly.

>>48158678
I wish they had done the opposite actually. I think a rack mounted module like they did with the ms2000r would have been neat if they could even make it a bit cheaper.
>>
>>48158864
Get mad dosh for your Juno and buy a Lancet/Pulse 2/4 Microbrutes
>>
>>48158703

MS20 Mini doesn't even respond to velocity messages at all.

I would be happy if it could just send pitch messages to other synths. It fucking sucks because if I get one and get, say, a pulse 2 or blofeld or something, I can't play the module with the ms20 mini or microbrute. It's bullshit.

Oh well, not like I'm gonna play multiple synths live anyways, mostly do my stuff in the studio. If I play live I think I'll just use the MS20-Mini by itself, fuck it.
>>
Total newbie here.

I wanna start making industrial.

Where do I start.
>>
>>48158886
I'd actually probably buy a lancet but as much as I like the pulse I dont think I'd get one.

Honestly I just want an analog poly with a FUCKTON of quick modulation options because I usually use my juno to flex out ideas before I forget them.

Honestly the juno is really the perfect thing for my workflow I could ever ask for aside from a juno 60 with a midi retrofit or a poly 61. Or a mono-poly.

fuck ;_;
>>
>>48158864

That would be fine too, though honestly I wouldn't mind paying even an extra like, $50 for a MIDI Out.

I want to keep my setup as minimal as possible, was really hoping I could figure out a (at least mostly) analog live setup that could fit in a backpack. I wanted that to be the microbrute + pulse 2, but no dice.

Probably gonna just have to spend the extra $200 and get the minibrute + pulse 2 instead, with a korg ER-1 for the drums.
>>
>>48158960

Build your own gear. Sample everything. Deconstruct it. Reconstruct it. Chop it to pieces. Put those pieces back together in a different order. Try and put the pieces together again.

Industrial's great in that, there's no real wrong answer.
>>
>>48159026
Get a giant camping backpack and fill it with casio keyboards and montrons
>>
File: MIDI+SOLUTIONS+QUADRA+THRU[1].jpg (31 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
MIDI+SOLUTIONS+QUADRA+THRU[1].jpg
31 KB, 400x283
>>48158919
Just buy another keyboard to control all of them damn it. Alesis Q49, Roland A300/500 and M-Audio Axiom 49s all have MIDI outs. Either play them with the keyboard through your computer with a M-Audio MIDIsport interface or without the computer with a Quadra Thru
>>
>>48158973

The pulse 2 is analog (DCO's, but the osc are still analog) and 4-8 voice paraphonic, though, with a really powerful arp and 8 modulation slots...
>>
>>48157246
>$200
this can't be fucking real
i-is it good?
>>
>>48159057
thats one of the worst ideas ive ever heard, smh
>>
>>48159107
I've used the pulse and pulse 2 and they are just not my thing.
>>
>>48158960

Get a nice microphone/audio interface (Shure SM58 is good enough and cheap), and probably a VA with a good distortion effect.

I made this all in NanoStudio that way (though I didn't even use a mic, I took drum samples and manipulated the fuck out of them), it's free, if you think this is "industrial" enough for you, you could try it too:

https://soundcloud.com/non-repeating-decimal/serengeti-plains
https://soundcloud.com/non-repeating-decimal/thunderstorm
>>
>>48159115
>$200

Where did you see that? Are you sure you aren't looking at the Filter Lancet? They're about £350 in the UK which is just a bit cheaper than a Minibrute.

It's limited in terms of modulation (you need to buy the expander to control it with eurorack equipment if you need more modulation), but it sounds fantastic. Similar to old Roland monos but with a nice creamy Moog-like filter.

Check the demos in this review:

http://greatsynthesizers.com/en/test/vermona-mono-kick-lancet-lead-and-groove-synthesizers/
>>
>>48159195

Fair enough. Any particular reason why?

I ask because I plan on getting a P2 after I save up enough money, but I'm still debating between it or something like the ms20 mini. Just hearing your opinion on what you don't like about it might help me decide, I don't mind that it's your subjective opinion, but it'd be very useful to get more specifics instead of just "i don't like it". If you could elaborate a bit more, I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>48158960
Contact mics and metal obects you can hit, a sampler to sequence the hits and a Korg MS-20 which has some excellent gritty filters.
>>
>>48159026
i couch surfed in LA for a year making music with my macbook, an LPK 25, and a MPD 26, all of which fit in my backpack.
>>
File: pomf.jpg (350 KB, 1305x656) Image search: [Google]
pomf.jpg
350 KB, 1305x656
>>48159256
Yeah sure.

So a lot of stuff I tend to experiment with is very hazy/chilled out type stuff with sharper yet distand leads thrown in and I really thought that I would like the pulse because I wanted the ability to make really nice sharp sounds here and there but there was something about the pulse 2 specifically that just sounded way more sharp then I bargained for and I could not really smooth it out well. I got some sounds out of it I really liked though some patches reminded me of like commodore 64 stuff which is neat because I absolutely adore the SID chip. I really liked that it was nice and neat to program but the biggest strength to an analog synth for me is that I can immediately see all the parameters laid out and what they are set at.

My main gripes are that I just use my juno for hazy pads, stabs, and general delay fuckery and through the reverb/delay I use the pulse was just very sharp still and did not really fit in how I wanted it to. I think if I sat down and spent a lot more time getting familiar with it I could accomplish what I want on it but for all my sharp sounds I use my esq-1 which eccels at strange noises while still having a just nasty sounding filter.

tl;dr sounds nice, does not fit my style or workflow. I got some great acid house type 303 esque shit out of it though. It did that far better than my juno or esq and the esq can get a surprisingly neat 303.

I fucking love the size though. As much as I love the juno the keyboard sucks ass.
>>
>>48159399
That said I could probably replace my esq with it but I love that thing to death on a primal level.
>>
>>48159354

I was sorta trying to avoid using a laptop and just go with all hardware, but it's probably unavoidable isn't it?

While we're on the subject: should I really get a macbook (or some other apple product) for live electronic stuff in combination with an analog synth (like, at least a microbrute)? What would you recommend? I'd prefer to not spend too much money on it since it's purpose would be entirely for live performance, probably with ableton and my APC40.

Checked newegg for macbook and they're out of stock, so...
>>
>>48159645
>but it's probably unavoidable isn't it?
well, for me it was a necessity. i mean, i could of bought a tiny Casio and a tape recorder or something, but since i had my laptop with me all the time anyways and since i was sort of homeless, MIDI and sampling were the best/only option for me.

as for your second question, my answer is going to be bias, but i'd say yes. when i jam live with friends i pretty much us the same setup - LPK 25, MPD 26, macbook running ableton. i have macros and all that mapped to my MPD so i can trigger or effect what i'm playing live. it's fun.
>>
>>48159645
why the hell would you want a microbrute for live settings? the sequencer is too limited for many tracks or long sets, the keys are imo too small to reliably play live (i would just get nervous about hitting wrong notes) and it generally would not provide a sufficient soundscape, unless if you were doing expensive looping in which case, forgo the computer altogether. I've considered using the microbrute live, but ditched it. recently sold it actually as well. i guess it depends on the kind of music you play. but the APC 40 is a must, especially with the MKII out now
>>
>>48159399

Thanks man, appreciate you taking the time to write all that out.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "sharp"? Also, I mainly want to use it for bass and sub bass, as well as maybe leads, and strings since it's paraphonic. Mostly LP filter stuff. How would you rate it in that department? Do the 3 OSC make a difference in how good the bass sounds?

I mean, the whole smoothness part worries me, as I really want some warm, fat, smooth and creamy, and/or deep growly basslines, but the Pulse 2 has so many goddamn features and modulation options and is built like a tank for such a sweet price... it's hard to pass up.

I'm trying to figure out why you couldn't smooth it out well. You said if you sat down and spent a lot more time getting familiar with it you could accomplish what you wanted, so do you think you (or really, I) could learn how to smooth things out if I spent enough time with it?

I pretty much only work in my bedroom studio, so I honestly don't mind spending the time to learn the in's and out's as long as it can do everything I need it to and make some amazing sounds. The patch memory is really nice too, because it might take me a long time to get some sweet sounds out of it, but then I can save and instantly recall a patch for a live set if I wanted to do that.

Like, if it's just a time thing, that's fine with me, I personally am down to spend all the time it takes as long as I get one analog synth that will do pretty much everything for under a grand (dat paraphony with 3 DCO's is a big deal for me, and I really love what I've heard from their VCF). If it is impossible to make those sorts of sounds though, no matter what I do, then that's a problem.

Thoughts?
>>
>>48159645
coming from a macfag of nearly a decade, you might be better off getting a PC laptop. Less likely to get stolen, cheaper... I dunno
>>
>>48159851
>>48159645
i would recommend any number of digital synths for live settings. i'm a huge fan of the mininova, and you can get some things cheaper than the microbrute, ie m-audio venom. it's not portable, but it's polyphonic. my only gripe is it has a weird arpeggiator that is more of a pattern player. it has the ability to use regular arpeggiator modes, but most of the presets have what are essentially just MIDI loops stored as the arp settings. it's something easily changed, but a little annoying. it sounds good though. plus it has latch functions, which are great for live settings
>>
>>48159851
Ekoplekz uses monotrons live. Depends on what kind of music you make and what you use them for.
>>
>>48159851

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll probably get the ms20 mini and control it and other samples with a laptop of some sort and the APC40 MKI.

Wtf is even different about the new one except that it looks all fancy and futuristic and shit? I think I actually prefer the layout and build quality of the first one, I got mine really cheap before they got popular (they used to be $200 new). Looks like they're trying to emulate the Maschine or some shit, idk I don't like it.

Do I have to get a macbook? What's the best bang-for-the-buck live performance laptop to get nowadays?
>>
>>48159861

Which PC laptop though? What's the most important feature to look for, like 16 gigs of DDR3 RAM or something?

I'd like to do some literal drum and bass with samples for the drums, MS20 Mini for the bass, and the APC40 to control everything.
>>
>>48159860
Well it will excel at basses and leads. I'm sure you can probably get some absolutely fat leads but you really cannot know what you can get out of it until you spend a lot of time with it. I only spent maybe a few days with it.

My problem is because I really use my juno entirely for pads, stabs and I rarely use it for leads now and again but the fact it is not really that 'fat' helps me out. It just makes everything come together a bit nicer. If it really is lacking I can just multi-track it.

What I really mean by the sharpness is that it is very sharp and harsh sounding to me.

I should also mention I got my juno for 200 dollars which is one quarter the price of a pulse 2.
>>
>>48159966
PCs are a better idea. more power than macs for less money. build quality can be inferior, but that depends entirely on the manufacturer. the variety is huge, just dig and dig until you find something.

i think the MKII is a HUGE improvement over the MKI, if only because they made it bus-powered and got rid of those fucking idiotic wings the MKI had on its sides. that had to be the dumbest, most unnecessary design idea ever. I realize it was a nod to earlier Akai design, but even the later MPCs didn't have motherfucking wings. totally superfluous. Plus, the ordering of the sends to the channels is visually much more sensible. I know i have had some moments in live settings where i confused one send knob with that of another channel on the MKI and got wonky outcomes. aligning send to the channel was a fantastic move. also moving the transport controls to the top and away from the fader was necessary. the position is dangerous on the MKI. i've definitely accidentally stopped everything while working in the studio thankfully never had that happen live. if youre careful, it shouldnt happen at all, but was undeniably a serious design flaw
>>
>>48160084

Is it worth selling my MKI (on craigslist i guess) to get the MKII?
>>
>>48160250
i doubt you would get much money for it. depends on how urgently you need it and how big of a difference the upgrade makes to you. i still have my apc40 mki because i have no urgent need to get the mkii, since the music i do perform live isn;t heavily based on it anyway. you call the shot on that one. it would just suck to be left without an apc in the meantime.
>>
>>48160045

Fair enough, thanks again and good to know. I think I'll be happy with the Pulse 2, I don't have any other synths lol (well, unless you count my QS7.1 but that's entirely digital).
>>
>>48160304

Yeah you're probably right, honestly I don't mind, I think the MKi is great. Either version, it's a great controller imo.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n4s7b04LR41spnal8.png (112 KB, 381x272) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4s7b04LR41spnal8.png
112 KB, 381x272
>>48160045
>Juno 106
>$200
holy shit what year did you buy it in HOW!??!
>>
>>48160370
word tho
respek-knuckles.jpeg
>>
>>48159900

Ehhhh... I don't like digital synths. If I was gonna go digital, I might as well just use a laptop. If I'm going hardware, I want analog sound.

Probably gonna do a combination of the two though.
>>
>>48160518
I understand that the natural inclination with digital hardware is to handwave it away with "might as well use VSTs and a MIDI keyboard!" but in practice, using hardware leads to a totally different workflow, and particularly in live settings, having dedicated hardware makes things so much easier. Some hardware also just sounds amazing. Again, I recommend the mininova because of it's arpeggiator. it can function like a standard arpeggiator, as well as have the pattern broken down by steps, allowing for rhythmic stuff you cant get out of a standard arpeggiator. the little performance buttons look gimmicky, but are actually super useful for some patches, and ultimately can be customized to do what you need.
ultimately, i guess it is jsut a workflow thing. I also prefer to save processing power for shit tons of effects, and if the synthesis can be kept outside of the box, it spares the CPU. but whatever.
i hope you see my point, at the very least as justification and food for thought.
>>
>>48155895
also i just realized what OP's post was referencing lmao
>>
>>48160463
2008 and off of craigslist. I originally bought it to run through my bass amp to do bass synth stuff while playing bass with my friends band.
>>
>>48160834
dude... but it's at the very least an $800 synth. scoring that for 200 bucks is legendary
>>
File: 2012-11-02_16-12-53_653.jpg (661 KB, 920x1632) Image search: [Google]
2012-11-02_16-12-53_653.jpg
661 KB, 920x1632
>>48161076
You just have to browse craigslist every day. Don't even get me started on legendary scores.
>>
>>48161118
get started
>>
>>48161441
That was 20 dollars
>>
>>48161118
make us jelly

(i dont know shit about guitars homie this is a bleeproduction thread we don't know REAL INSTRUMENTS)
>>
File: fuck.jpg (146 KB, 1073x881) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
146 KB, 1073x881
>>48161441
>>48161483
I missed this one by 15 minutes. Would have been a pretty legendary score. Aside from that I got my reel to reel for 20 bucks, two original midiverbs for 15 each with power supplies, esq-1 was 100 bucks.

I've seen a lot of crazy shit on craigslist and a lot of my gear is from craigslist but pic related takes the cake
>>
File: drooling_homer-712749.gif2[1].png (75 KB, 279x320) Image search: [Google]
drooling_homer-712749.gif2[1].png
75 KB, 279x320
>>48161572
>>
Is a Roland SH-09 any good? Might be able to buy one relatively cheap
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um9vw0-xfNQ&hd=1

Sawtooth/LP test, what does /mu/ think?
>>
why does the minibrute always get so much flak? this demo by portishead sounds fucking awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X614aeTzq7k&hd=1

is it really something to avoid?
>>
>>48161652
Listen for yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2JZ8YVERI

>>48161732
Actually pretty helpful. The P2 seems to have the "crispiest" (or sharp as mentioned upthread) sawtoof
>>
>>48161869
There have been many experiences with bad production runs. If you can get behind that, IDK why the Minibrute should be that bad
>>
>>48161907
Sounds like it's worth the £100 without a doubt, shit.
>>
>>48159399
Do you know what the MIDI options for the P2 are like?

I'm wondering if you could use a MIDI controller to expand the tactility of the instrument, I know it's knows are limited, so could you maybe get a MIDI controller with lots of knobs and such, and thus control more options live? Or are you stuck with the control options on the front panel of the unit?
>>
File: whoabigeyes[1].gif (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
whoabigeyes[1].gif
11 KB, 300x300
>>48161949
>£100
o_o
>>
>>48161958
I never actually tried but it would be incredibly helpful if that was possible.

All depends on how sysex works I suppose.
>>
>>48161907

Yeah, but it sounds so smooth and fat when the LP filter is dropped. Seems easy enough to make it sound smooth and creamy, that waldorf filter impresses me every time I hear a new demo.
>>
>>48161972
Im serious man. The seller also states that it has some years behind it of course, but everything should work still
>>
>>48162025
Aww fuck, he made a mistake in the pricing, fuck fuck fuck

i thought i was going to be lucky for once
>>
OK, I did it. I finally did it. I amassed enough gear sale money to get the Pulse 2. I'm fully convinced. I'm happy. I'm analog.

das it mane

>>48162075
Aw, that sounded too good to be true :I
>>
File: Waldorf_Pulse_2[1].jpg (65 KB, 1000x679) Image search: [Google]
Waldorf_Pulse_2[1].jpg
65 KB, 1000x679
Missed the pic, I'm hype
>>
>>48158026
Should you use a different compressor entirely for ableton? Whats a good one ? Can be paid . I can pirate
>>
File: shinji cracking.jpg (99 KB, 879x562) Image search: [Google]
shinji cracking.jpg
99 KB, 879x562
>>48161572
*sanity cracks*
>>
File: pic_added_by_me.jpg (292 KB, 1478x1136) Image search: [Google]
pic_added_by_me.jpg
292 KB, 1478x1136
Worth it?
>>
>>48162096
nice m8. I want one too.
>>
>>48161907
what the fuck the mopho sounds baaad
>>
>>48162238
iknorite?

never got the hype about the Dave Smith instruments. i've literally never heard a patch on one of those that sounded good, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>48162264
You just have to avoid the ones with only analog oscillators, the evolver is so badass
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 613x613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 613x613
So what are good studio monitors? Does it have to be monitors? I heard u can save alot of bucks by buying good speakers like the zensors1/3 and eq them to flatten the response
Thoughts? My budget is 500 bucks for powered ones. Also my room will be ca. 20sqm
So far ive been eying the jbl lsr305 since the krks seem to sound muddy and bass-heavy. I do want to make hip hop music tho and i dont want to need a subwoofer.Encapsulating the genius of yeezus is my goal
>>
>>48162424
Oh, german fag here
>>
>>48162264
i've never been a fan of the sound of the synth on the Tempest, but it's an amazing drum computer from what i can gather.
also...
prophet 12?
like..homie. DSI is amazing.
>>
>>48162424
Any 8 inch monitor should do

Is the carpet in the room, I really suggest carpet
>>
>>48162492
>amazing drum computer
Not that guy, but you should really shocked that one up to Roger Linn
>>
>>48162543
fair enough.
also elektron is still doing a better job.
>>
>>48162514
Really 8 inches? Ill be a student soon and ill live in old apartments in berlin. I dont want to see the cops too often...
Which speakers tho?
>>
>>48162363

it's funny how they basically put all of this work into those synths to make analog sound bad. like that was their mission or something, "how can we make people hate analog?"
>>
>>48162514
Oh and yes, ill have one in my room? Do you suggest pinning it to the wall or what was your ur idea?
>>
>>48162589
8 inches Isn't going to cause a volume issue, the point of monitors is to reproduce frequencies accurately, not crank them as loud as possible. If you want sufficient bass without a subwoofer 8" is the way to go

Bridget regarding the carpet you just don't want a smooth floor. Linoleum, tile, and wood are out of the question
>>
>>48162859
I have no idea how Bridget wound up in there, i'm using speech to text and sometimes it does weird things
>>
>>48162590
I blame the Curtis filters. Even the P5s with the SSM filter sound better than the CEM versions.

The digital oscillators are the only interesting parts. Those VS wavetables are the shizzy.
>>
Roland S-50 guy from a couple threads back. Used sampler, the guy lowered the price to $30-- everything works except like half the keyboard. Is it worth it?
>>
>>48162859
Ok , thanks man
>>
>>48163342
I can tell you that my smaller Yamahas produce bass pretty well, and it makes my mixes pretty accurate to what others would hear.
>>
>>48163126
Guy who replied to you last time here.
Shit for $30 I'd grab it. If he's got factory libraries, or better third party libraries, those will go for more than $30 on ebay if you decide you hate it.
>>
>>48163554
Hey again, thanks. I asked about disks and he says he's got quite a few.
Also got a quote from a local shop, says it's ~$60 to fix. Decent sampler for under $100, not bad!
>>
>>48163630
hell yeah, jump on it
>>
I posted last thread about being able to go play with a prophet 12 today. I called a guitar center earlier in the week to confirm they had a 12 on the floor that I could play with. They told me they had one waiting for me.

I go there today (the same one I called, i'm 110% sure) and they don't have the prophet 12 out. I think to myself, alright this is okay I will get another opportunity. However, I saw an ms20 mini which I still haven'g got to use, that was dusty as fuck, no patch cables, wasn't plugged in to an amp or outlet while the microkorg and ultra nova were next to flashing lights in the center of the display.

I fucking hate guitar center, why do they have to lie to me like that? Why do I have to be into something that is so inaccessible. Why can't I just play with synths and have fun and be happy?
>>
>>48164186
We've got a good Guitar Center horror stories topic going on. What I've learned from that thread is: don't use them! (especially not for synths!)
>>
>>48164296
but where else am i supposed to play with synths before i purchase them? If it weren't for that I would never go there.
>>
I want to get away from using the instruments native to my DAW. I have no money to spend on VSTs, and I can't seem to find any satisfying ones for free. Recommendations?

If anyone knows where to get good paid VSTs for free, that'd be cool too.
>>
>>48164409
Where are you from?
>>
BREAKING NEWS: The hyped Modulus.002 synth turns out to be nothing more than a glorified Prophet 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Hdb0hDL4E&feature=youtu.be

$5,000
>>
>>48164596
Pfhahahahahahha
Told you guys it was all hype
>>
>>48164596
>numpad
im glad its finally the 80s
>>
post because I want to know what the fuck this is about
http://www.openmusiclabs.com/projects/midivamp1/
no power supply, MIDI-in, polyphonic, $35. Anyone tried one?!
>>
>>48164596
Still cheaper than the Schmidt Analog Vaporsynth
>>
>>48164680
it clearly tells you what it is in that link. i mean thats kinds neat but i dont really see the point
>>
>>48164672
If you've ever used a num pad synth, you'd know that it's the best way to recall patches and access less used parameters. Miles better than a giant jog wheel.
>>
>>48164596
For that money I'd rather have a Solaris. Hell, it's cheaper.
>>
>>48164742
For that money I could buy an oberheim FVS
>>
>>48164719
A super affordable midi polysynth, hell I'd buy two if it sounds good. I was just wondering if anybody here had any experience with it
>>
>>48164785
It seems pretty underpowered though. To really program it, you'd need a computer, which renders it obsolete anyways.
>>
>>48164785
Sounds PPG-like and a bit lo-fi. I'd buy it if I was into that.
>>
>>48164613
Speaking of hype, remember the Andromeda?

Har har
>>
>>48164863
It was hella good, but they had to stop making it because they didn't have a source for the voice chips. They'd probably still make them if thy didn't run out of voice chips.
>>
>>48164815
To my knowledge, the only MIDI synth for under $100...
>>
>>48164986
>they had to stop making it because they didn't have a source for the voice chips

Didn't it also bankrupt Alesis?
>>
>>48155895

What's wrong with the roland gaia? I'm genuinely interested
>>
>>48165139
it could have been good but it was just another shit VA that sounds awful.
>>
>>48165139
its generally agreed upon that it sounds bad. kind of a shame cuz i like the way the three voices work on it
>>
>>48165166

I listened to a band that purportedly used one and it didn't sound so bad. Although, they were making it bleepy bloopy rather than atmospheric and thick
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vks1S2b1r98

these are my favourite sounding drums rn. dat crunch and dirt.

this just really over the top parallel compression rite? maybe a bit o saturation/distortion thrown in for good measure?

so tasty
>>
>>48165109
No, they went through some financial troubles at the same time, but ironically it wasn't the A6
>>
>>48165381
Doing some research, turns out the bankruptcy happened before the A6 came out.
>>
>>48155895
Lmao, that kid is such a pleb. Everybody knows that the Analog lab is just presets from their VSTs.
>>
>>48155895
ebin ;^}
>>
File: beatstep.jpg (779 KB, 7360x4912) Image search: [Google]
beatstep.jpg
779 KB, 7360x4912
what does /mu/ think about the arturia beatstep?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wrg0nSdKAw&hd=1

Doesn't require a computer, has a sequencer and even has CV and Gate Out.
>>
>>48166688
It is what it is. It does the job but it isn't magic or anything.
>>
>>48166688
its just a sequencer isnt it? probably just fine if you need one.
>>
>>48166774

Nah, you can play the pads individually as well. Haven't researched it enough yet but I imagine it's something along the selection of note messages like the korg padkontrol.
>>
>>48166813
>>48166774

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/BeatStep/specs.html

It's only $100 though which I think is the impressive part.
>>
>>48166876
mm yea thats a nice price since it includes the sequencer. kind of annoying that you have to edit the note values in the computer though. still i could see that being useful to some people. not for me though
>>
>>48166927
Can you set it so the pads transpose the sequence?
>>
>>48165234
Those drums sound brickwalled as fuck. There's certainly a lot of compression and a good heap of saturation in there.
>>
>>48164186
Whats wrong with Ultranova? Its pretty good from my understanding.
>>
>>48166967
i think the big knob does that
>>
so I have a basic synth loop and a hard hitting drum loop going on, the only thing other than that is an owl sample

what the fuck do I add to this shit, im using garageband and its fine to rap over but it could be so much more than a skellington song
>>
>>48167045
>owl sample
lel

i dunno, a bass line or a pad
>>
>>48167013

I think he's pissed they're pimping the flashy dubstep machine for the kiddies while the really good analog synths like the ms20 mini are left to sulk gathering dust in a dark corner because they don't have all of those flashing lights and shit
>>
>>48167080
haha it sounds retarded but it's a cool background noise

i have a bassline now but all these pads are challenger deep levels of making shit sound good
>>
>>48167313
Well it's kinda understandable since people look for features these days.
The MS20 mini isn't really a starter synth in 2014. If you buy a MS20 you already made that up with yourself before entering the shop.
>>
sadowick I know you're in here
>>
File: why.jpg (2 KB, 190x156) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
2 KB, 190x156
>>48161572
>$50
>>
>>48162424
yamaha HS50
>>
>>48167529
Because after moving it, you'll end up with the cost of that synth in medical bills after breaking your back.
>>
>>48158864
that looks like a rad bleep bloop production station, you should get into it. you might even like it
>>
File: _KonaTriangle_14[1].jpg (45 KB, 530x400) Image search: [Google]
_KonaTriangle_14[1].jpg
45 KB, 530x400
yo guys looking for some feedback/gauging interest on a new project i'm starting with a few guys from my other band (one guy is a rapper/mc and the other is a saxophone player)

we were kind of jazz-dub-hip hop fusion band but most of my productions now are pretty much all electronic

heres a soundcloud link to a preview of the sound im working with now:

https://soundcloud.com/hydraulikzmuzik/untitled-instrumental-hydroelektrischfriedhofmusik

just to give you guys a feel beforehand my main influences going into this project were early 90s east coast and memphis rap and 90s detroit electro and techno (so second wave mostly)

just looking for opinions and to share music
>>
>>48167539

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HS50M/

They don't make them anymore, is the HS5 or HS8 still good?
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I'm thinking of selling my MicroKorg XL and getting something a little more grounded. It was an impulse buy in 2010. I actually dig a lot of the sounds the MicroKorg is capable of, but I'm tired of the poor modulation options and difficult programming layout.

Wondering what you guys think are some decent outboard synths with fun modulation options.
>>
>>48167695
Memefeld
>>
>>48158864
do you have a soundcloud or bandcamp? i'd love to hear what you come up with with all of that equipment
>>
>>48167695
memefeld
or pulse 2
>>
>>48167695
I typically just buy whatever synth I really desire, I don't ask around for what other people want. If I can't decide what I want in my own, I don't really need it.

I also think getting into the habit of selling gear to afford other gear is a bad one. Selling off something like the MK because you don't lie it makes sense, but don't start a viscous cycle.
>>
File: lol.jpg (63 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
63 KB, 424x283
I need some advice from you guys. I'm feeling kinda stuck learning sound design, mixing, producing in general on my own. A lot of the artists I look up to claim they've been learning everything themselves. I'm not talking about songwriting ideas rather than about all that technical stuff, getting the most out of your software, mixing your music etc. Is experimenting really the key? Or will you find yourself stuck anyway sometime?
A hero of mine is baths. He says he does everything himself, from writing to recording and programming and arrangig to mixing and mastering, and he's never been to a studio. And his music is really well produced, doesn't sound like its home-recorded really.
How do/did you go about this if you're making music? Do you get help from experienced friends, do you take courses or anything, or do you just figure out everything yourselves, watching videos and reading stuff on the internet? And if you do the latter, can you show me some good pages/tutorials/reads? there really is a lot of crap out there.
>>
File: IMG_0310.jpg (1 MB, 2378x2752) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0310.jpg
1 MB, 2378x2752
>>48167013

I wouldn't mind taking it to a stage since there's a lot of interesting things you can do with it right off the bat. Regardless, the bulkiness is a little off putting and it doesn't really have that much character. The presets are shite, also. I hardly play with it but I got it for like $200 off some guy at work.
>>
can this be a thread for shameless plugs for starting musicians? I got a keyboard and software and just wana share my first pieces

soundcloud.com/lucyscity

its the song at the bottom of the page...''corrosion assault''
>>
>>48167754

I'm not selling it for money, I can buy pretty much any synth I want but I know I'm not really going to use it that much anymore. Playing with it (especially the vocoder) is pretty fun but the way I see it, it's more of a toy or a backdrop for a band that needs some kind of filler.

And I'm only asking because I'm not too familiar with hardware, I want to have fun when I program and am not exactly sure where to go.
>>
>>48167869
>The presets are shite
yea but what synth isnt this the case for
>>
>>48167869
I got one as well. Mainly bought it because of interface (i knew focusrite wasnt shit) since i started out. Had experience with vst's beforehand but i still prefer the ultranova since its hardware (a lot more fun). Idk, the sound isn't extraordinary but it has a lot of features, thats its selling point i guess.
>>
>>48167807
I can't say I'm very good but I've improved tremendously since I began 5 years ago. The simplest way is to just emulate Youtube videos and tutorials online. This will help you understand how everything works and what each component of the mixing and mastering process is doing.

It's a big pain in the ass just like any bleep related thing. The amount of information that's out there is daunting but at the end of the day, it's more of an artistic approach than a technical one, but it is still important to understand the technical fundamentals.

Fabfilter has an excellent approach on the technical aspects of electronic music production:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_-PjWts3nI

I pray that they make more tutorials in my lifetime because they are pretty sweet.
>>
File: 1404188671288.jpg (121 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
1404188671288.jpg
121 KB, 500x699
>>48167992

Yeah, you're right. I usually keep one of two and then wipe everything else. Can't really think of that many good presets off the top of my head (DIVA has decent ones, I guess)

>>48168058

Those little modulation button/knobs up top are amazing and I'm surprised more companies haven't implemented them into their synths.
>>
>>48168145
what on fucking earth is going on in that picture
it's not real, right?
>>
>>48168093

thanks for that insightful answer. I also think that songwriting and ideas are far more important than the technical stuff, but it's still really important for me to be able to realize my ideas with what I have, and to be able to use my software to get the sound I want, and to experiment with it, using its full potential, to create interesting sounds. Its really tough getting there
>>
>>48167900
if the track was more consistently timed it would be pretty good, why does it seem to slow down a third way into the song when you set it up as a faster paced beat
>>
>>48168294
One day I'm going to find an unknowingly celebrity and make them sign some legal documents, like some marriage papers.

Then I will take half of her things or be married.
Win/win you heard it here first people, only at Mick & Ralph's.
>>
>>48168352
just experimenting with the tempo is all. There will be more/better pieces to share soon
>>
>>48156104
it has tight bass sounds but no one uses traditional input synths for bass anymore, that shits gotta be accurate. gotta be triggered.
>>
can anyone tell me (towards 1:10) if a synth would be good to play that melody? A vintage synth sound (or organ).

https://soundcloud.com/boringbob/sweet-afternoon

I have a texture in mind reminiscent of Donovan's Colours.
>>
>>48156104

I had it and sold it one day later, trust me its god awful, there's free vsts out there that are 100x times better. It just sounds so annoyingly cheep
>>
>>48168463
What does this even mean? What's a traditional input synth? I've never heard of a synth referred to as such in my life.
>>
I'm thinking about getting a decent midi controller to fuck around with in Ableton. I mostly record electric/acoustic guitar and I just want to experiment a little further, I'm not really looking to spend more than $100 unless I really have to. What would you guys recommend? I've been thinking about the Arturai Minilab
>>
>>48168834
Minilab is alright. I've got analog factory, it's got good sounds, but nothing I use anymore, I am aware that it's not the same /exact/ plugin version the minilab has. The controller is probably the worst part of the deal, because minikeys, but it's mapped well to the plugin.

I just don't think that minikeys are the best thing to learn the black and whites on.
>>
>>48168583
I guess anon just mean a synth that you record onto tape instead of it being a plugin
>>
>>48168975
That makes even less sense regarding the context of the posts.
>>
I just physically compared the BSII and the minibrute. BSII has a lot of great sounds and some good parameters as well as patch saving. I was able to make some really cool sounds I couldn't make with my minibrute. However, the minibrute has a lot more *UMPH!* and sounds like it'd rip your asshole in half. Plus you can make plenty of variable sounds with the minibrute, just maybe not as much as the BSII. but this is just with me playing with them for about an hour. anyone else have any input? also please keep it civil
>>
>>48168975
You're not even wrong
>>
>>48169166
Idk why my last post didn't go trough.

Keep the levels down on the Brute, Yves mentions that it saturates around 80%, which will get you typical synth sounds. Both the BS and the brute have a feedback distortion circuit, only the brute saturates, which give it that extra heft you mention.

Feature wise they're pretty on oar with each other. The only big one is presets. They both make great beginners monos.
>>
>>48169372
Do you mean the logical fallacy when you say that? Because that's what I'm getting too.
>>
>>48168503

heh
>>
>>48170004
>mfw you bumped this near dead thread with that stupid reply
>>
>>48170004
is that grimes? does grimes use a gaia? figures
>>
File: sintetizador-alesis-qs-7.jpg (166 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
sintetizador-alesis-qs-7.jpg
166 KB, 1200x797
>>48168834

You could probably get an Alesis QS6.1 or 7.1 in the $100-200 range. It's got it's own sounds, but you can use it as a MIDI controller as well.

I have a 7.1, the keys are fucking orgasmic and it's got some great sounds in it. I often play the Trampled patch (mix of a wurlitzer and rhodes patch) and I cum in my pants every time.

Built like a tank, too. All metal chassis, heavy, but light enough for one person to carry it.
>>
>>48169487

What? Last time I checked, the BSII didn't have things like Ultrasaw and Metalizer, or an oscillator section where you can shape different waveforms.

That's the big deal maker for me. Minibrute is great because it pairs so well with other synths because of those features that pretty much no other synth has. Gotta look at the bigger picture.

If you're gonna get the BSII, might as well save a couple hundred more dollars and get the Pulse 2. I don't think someone who is actually serious about getting into analog and hardware is going to be ultimately satisfied with the BSII, eventually you're gonna figure out it's just mediocre and you should have gotten the Pulse 2 (if you're going for DCO's), whereas the Minibrute can actually make many neat changes to something like the Pulse 2 and pair well with it (or an MS20 mini, or any other synth really).

BSII just doesn't seem worth it to me considering the Pulse 2 is leaps and bounds better than it for not much more money.
>>
>>48161456
>20 dollars for a rickenbacker
i hate you so much anon

is it in good condition? how does it sound?
>>
>>48170688
Aesthetically it is pretty poor. There is a bit of tailpiece lift but everything appears to be structurally sound and it stays in tune for months with a straight ass neck.

Sounds great but it feels a bit more fragile compared to a p bass. I want to get mine refinished and restored professionally.
>>
>>48170494
The pulse is $300 more, has no keys let alone aftertouch, and isn't as good as a beginners synth. I'm comparing similar synths. Stop pushing the goddamn pulse hole you're at it, just get one and finally shit up about.

I meant to say the oscillator sections are on par as the BS has two DCOs and a sub OSC, while the brute has the advantage of it's large OSC modulations (though not VC like the micro).

Again, please stop shilling the pulse so much. It's not really the same category of synth.
>>
>>48170744
nice! i just copped a red p-bass used for 260, after playing a shitty 80 dollar Ibanez for a few years. this isn't the guitar general so i won't post pics, but i'm loving the sound. couldn't even play slap on the ibanez, always wondered why i was doing the motions right without it making the right noise. post pics in the guitar general if you ever get it restored, a rickenbacker would be my dream bass
>>
>>48170494
>I don't think someone who is actually serious about getting into analog and hardware is going to be ultimately satisfied with the BSII, eventually you're gonna figure out it's just mediocre and you should have gotten the Pulse 2
Out of this whole annoying post, this was the worst part.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Violin-Contact-Pickup-Quality/dp/B008YDTVW8/ref=pd_cp_MI_3

Figured this would be the best place to ask, as I intend to use it for production anyways. Is this a good contact mic? I'm mostly going to just experiment, but also plan to use it to turn ordinary objects into reverb.

I also intend to get a bull horn to take advantage of free shipping.
>>
>>48170768

Meh, to each his own. I'm thinking more in terms of owning 2 synths than one. I'd rather have a MB and P2 than a BSII and P2, is the only point I'm making.
>>
>>48171149
Read the post I was originally replying to. He was comparing the BS and the MB, he didn't ask to hear you shill the pulse yet again.

Your opinion on what you like is noted but irrelevant.
>>
File: Pyle a Shit.jpg (56 KB, 1000x863) Image search: [Google]
Pyle a Shit.jpg
56 KB, 1000x863
>>48171144
Anybody?

Also, here's the bull horn in question because fuck yeah, being loud is awesome.
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PMP50-Professional-Dynamic-Megaphone/dp/B002PB23SO/ref=sr_1_2
>>
>>48171362
With that combo, you could do some stupidly annoying shit. Go for it.
>>
>>48171362
>>48171144
you already pull the trigger?
The megaphone is worth it but that pickup is utter trash. Seriously nothing sounds good through it.
I used mine to blow up a dying amp on stage, made for a good effect but unfortunately I was still stuck with the pickup afterward
>>
>>48172017
I'm not looking to mic a guitar or anything. Mostly play with resonators and turn file cabinets into reverb. Did you use a preamp with it?
>>
>>48172047
In that case go for it... And I did, some tube pre, but expect a lot of mids. Maybe invest in a graphic EQ?...
>>
File: micron_angle_med.jpg (29 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
micron_angle_med.jpg
29 KB, 460x288
so I've wanted to get into /bleep/ for a while and finally copped one of these for ~$200. Did I do ok?
>>
>>48172047

>turn file cabinets into reverb

...what?
>>
>>48172140
such a cute keyboard
never used one but good job
>>48172168
I think he means using a large cabinet to simulate reverberations of a room, and pick them up with a mic
>>
>>48172140
Actually yes $200 is fair.

>>48172116
I've got both a tube pre and graphic as well as parametric EQ. That said, can you think of any other more suitable piezo pickups? I'm handle with a soldering iron so I can make my own sockets for them.

>>48172168
>place speaker on file cabinet, glue it in place
>place contact mic on other end of cabinet
>???
>success!
>>
>>48172238
>success, not profit
I fucked up
>>
>>48172238
Radioshack sells them for cheap, other places for even less. if you're doing the cabinet thing you could buy several and attach them in various places, then mix them together and get a really spacious sound...
>>
>>48171257
>>48171149

how about two bs2's? you'd get 4 dco's, woudnt that be better than the pulse? lol
>>
>>48172140
Depends on how /bleep/ you're trying to be. The absence of knobs and the fact that it's a digital synth might be a low point for some people. I like the Micron, it's a nice synth to play around with although I never got too in depth with the modeling which was kind of a pain in the ass come to think of it.
>>
>>48172238

why wouldn't you just get an actually good mic like a shure and place it inside of the filing cabinet instead?
>>
>>48158973
poly 61m user here
fucking love it
>>
>>48172394
mad jell

dat chord memory
>>
>>48172305
In that case I'll just get a bag of them. I'm trying to round up my order on the megaphone to get free shipping. Also, as a /DIY/ guy, radio shack is like a church to a redditor to me.
>>
>>48172392
Because I'm not a retard and have plenty of dynamic and condenser mics. Quit telling me to do thing that won't work.

There's things piezo a can pick up that a dynamic or condenser won't. For one, sound through a solid medium, such as anything that isn't made of air.

Again, stop being stupid.
>>
>>48172460

chill bro
>>
>>48172501
I'm just emphasizing how I already have plenty of mic experience, and that it in no way applies to what I'm doing. If I wanted to turn a tile room into an echo chamber, that would be a different story.

>tfw no more tile bathroom
>>
>>48168975
exactly what i meant. was drunk when i posted, took a nap, came back, you explained it perfectly.
>>
>>48172706
How would an analo synth recorded to tape trigger better than a plugin?
>>
>>48172666

how the fuck was i supposed to know that, though? especially when you're getting such a cheap-ass mic? you're anonymous.

also, not everyone has a fucking PhD in acoustics. i asked because i personally don't know shit about mics, and was interested in learning. quit being such a faggot.
>>
File: oview-gui.jpg (35 KB, 700x139) Image search: [Google]
oview-gui.jpg
35 KB, 700x139
cant afford the real thing, will settle for this

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/07/10/universal-audio-releases-thermionic-culture-vulture-plug-in/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfosiJZPqWQ
>>
>>48173440
How about you suggest a "real" piezo mic then? There's not a lot of expensive piezo mics out there, nor should there be.

If you weren't so condescending in your first post, I wouldn't have called you out on being what you are.
>>
>>48173523
I'll just stick with bomb factory until I can afford a nice tube compressor. Either a distressor or one of the gorillions of 1176 clones. Probably the former because it's a bit more unique and slightly less prevelant.
>>
>>48173585
diy LA2A and 1176 needs to happen in my life.

my place of work will be getting this new UAD so ill be giving it a shot for sure. interested in how itll sound.
>>
>>48173652
Keep us posted. What DAW will you be using it in?
>>
Marshall Jefferson 1988

>>48173673
will do. have to get an ETA of it on Monday. will be using Pro Tools 10
>>
>>48173703
>Pro Tools Master Race
Excellent
>>
>>48172140
i have one and i like it. its quite nice sounding and way easier to program than people say. theres shortcut keys for everything. the assinable knobs are nice and the modulation matrix is by far the best in the price range (save maybe some old fm stuff)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.