[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know there's a few she fans here so... now that the dust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 9
File: she - Chiptune Memories - cover.png (2 MB, 1232x1232) Image search: [Google]
she - Chiptune Memories - cover.png
2 MB, 1232x1232
I know there's a few she fans here so... now that the dust has settled, what do you think of the new album? Rate the tracks etc. I'll post my thoughts in a reply.
>>
>GREAT TIER
By Your Side
Nostalgic Vibes
Artificial Love
Meet Me There
Into The Blue (second half)
Glitch Me On

>GOOD TIER
8bit Adventures
Bleedthrough (second half)

>OK TIER
Chiptune Memories
Into The Blue (first half)
Bleedthrough (first half)
>>
(>>61213514 cont)

It took me a bit to get into because of how dense it is but I'm really liking the more sombre, nostalgic tone to it compared to other she releases. It's pretty much a reminiscence of the zeitgeist that surrounded the surge of chiptunes back in the mid 2000s.

I think Nostalgic Vibes and Meet Me There capture the album's essence the best. Also I think Artificial Love is a sort of denouncement of current social media culture which I think is pretty interesting... the sort of song that makes me wish she was more popular.

The last song and the title track are my least favourites. The last song is cool in that it's like the more NIN-inspired stuff that she has made on albums like Digital Ambient Designs but it feels pretty out of place on this album (that is on purpose but still...) and the first half is not very interesting IMO. As for Chiptune Memories I just find the lyrics kind of sloppy in places and I'm pretty much scapegoating this song for it because it always makes me think of those old venus women's shaving product commercials (the chorus is almost the same).

Anyways that's roughly my thoughts so hopefully the other 5 she fans on /mu/ notice this thread.
>>
File: pioneer.jpg (115 KB, 720x489) Image search: [Google]
pioneer.jpg
115 KB, 720x489
>>
>>
File: she.png (408 KB, 470x572) Image search: [Google]
she.png
408 KB, 470x572
>>
File: she-anim1.gif (91 KB, 90x124) Image search: [Google]
she-anim1.gif
91 KB, 90x124
my she brothers please find this thread i wrote words and stuff
>>
File: she-anim8.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
she-anim8.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>
File: she_notes.png (82 KB, 800x937) Image search: [Google]
she_notes.png
82 KB, 800x937
>>61213514
I guess I'll mention that this ranking is after 35ish listens. It has mostly settled like this for now but you never know.
>>
>tfw no she fans around
>>
welp I'm going to bed, guess I'll try again another time
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.