[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brian Eno
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Brian_Eno_2008.jpg (245 KB, 690x570) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Eno_2008.jpg
245 KB, 690x570
This main gets so much praise, but I don't understand why. I listened to Another Green World, and it's just some basic pop tunes. It's like a 6/10, sounds kind of like The Beach Boys but not as good (and I'm not even a Beach Boys fan). I've also listened to some of his ambient and world music-influenced albums and none of it seems that special. In fact I'd wager that there's a shit-ton of better ambient music out there.
>>
If you like Talking Heads, try his collab with David Byrne titled My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KgSQBeN-hM
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmlC-9dDMk4
>>
>Eno was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His close friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped him sign to Elektra Records, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Eno, I'm Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior." According to Fields, Brian Eno once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Eno performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.
>>
>>61082587
>it's on the internet, so it must be true
>>
>>61082375
>I've also listened to some of his ambient and world music-influenced albums and none of it seems that special. In fact I'd wager that there's a shit-ton of better ambient music out there
don't care about his pop whatever stuff he does with vocals. but I love his ambient music. and you're missing the point.
>>
>>61082375
Put it in the context of when it was released and it makes more sense why it was influential.

No shit there is better ambient but it didn't come til years later ya dip
>>
>>61083132
If this is the best argument you have to defend shitty music "It was good for its time" you're both disparaging classics that hold up as strong nowadays as always and you're acknowledging it's just shit but people didn't know any better.
>>
>>61083132
Brian Eno did nothing that hadn't been done earlier and better by Erik Satie and various Krautrock musicians
>>
He's a good producer and for whatever reason his presence turned David Bowie into a musical genius. He's really overrated as a solo musician though
>>
>>61082587

based
>>
>>61082375
I cannot sanction this buffoonery.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.