[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Annoying Things Promoters Do Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151203_174629.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_174629.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
Why is this allowed?
Oh good shared drums... Then someone loads in a separate vdrum kit, and the first act said they forgot their cymbals.
Why do clubs let promoters do this?
>>
>>60785797
To keep the show moving you dummy.
>>
>>60785841
Not OP, but fuck that. If you have everything set up in pieces backstage it doesn't take that long to move a drum set. Not to mention I wouldn't want to play on someone else's drums or let anyone use mine for that matter.
>>
>>60785968
>If you have everything set up in pieces backstage it doesn't take that long to move a drum set.
Depends on the drummer
>Not to mention I wouldn't want to play on someone else's drums or let anyone use mine for that matter.
My experience is that the fairly new/young/inexperienced drummers think this, that a drumkit (something you hit) is somehow really fragile and shouldn't be touched by anyone but themselves.

Also most bands who share equipment alreday worked it out themselves before the show. It's really no big deal. Gig more.
>>
>>60785841
>>60785968
The issue is 10 bands. Backline is great, if people USE it.
Even with shared gear, 10 minutes is barely enough time to rotate out a band, especially when most everyone is over 40.
10 bands is too many, it's not even a benefit. How are people getting paid?
>>
>>60786093
>The issue is 10 bands
Each set is 20 minutes long. It's probably a showcase, and most of the artists are acoustic.
>>
>>60786130
Yeah nah it's all full bands, except maybe Lyle. Kit, 3 guitar amps, and bass amp on stage. Also vdrums at some point.
All I ask from promoters is a minimal stage plot/input list/"who plays what" list. I hate coming in to 10 bands and suddenly vdrums appear, when I'm already patched in.
>>
>>60786183
If you are playing piece of shit bills like that, you deserve whatever issues comes with it.

grow up and play some real shwos faggot
>>
>>60786479
I'm the soundguy, retard.
Apparently /mu/ is not the board for actual music work talk.
>>
>>60786510
>I'm the soundguy, retard.
Oh, failed musician
>Apparently /mu/ is not the board for actual music work talk.
>a 10-band 20-minute bill is actual music work
lol
>>
>>60786565
I work at like 6 different clubs.
Where do you mix? In your bedroom?
Quit projecting, little man.
>>
>>60786594
Have fun running sound for a Thin Lizzy cover band faggot
>>
>>60786648
You should go get yourself a drink and try and relax
>>
>>60786510

yeah, it's under "creative", but there's nobody here who actually knows music outside of muh le obscure patrish muzic.
>>
I play acoustic solo anti-folk type shit and always wind up getting booked with punk bands. I bring my guitar/amp/mic, mic/stand, and p.a. and literally every show I wind up having to wait around because some broke fucking college kids don't have some or other piece of gear and the promoter is never around to move shit along bc there's crack to be smoked.

Anyway, catch me, Blunicorn, tomorrow night in New Orleans at Jazz Lounge on Decatur next to House of Blues. Plz bring weed. /plug
>>
>>60786665
>>60786648
>>60786594
>>60786565
>>60786510
>>60786479
>>60786183
Guys, chill. You're both pathetic for different reasons.
>>
>>60786594
6 different clubs isn't particularly impressive if they're the kind of places putting on 10 band line-ups, especially if you don't have patching flexibility. Just suggests you're running substandard gear.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.