[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Utilizing methods other than soundcloud/bandcamp to promote your music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: soundcloud-logo.png (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
soundcloud-logo.png
16 KB, 200x200
Hey /mu/, I am launching a new music project this month and I am looking for a unique way to promote it.

Why do bedroom producers, independent bands, etc primarily only use bandcamp, soundcloud, facebook to promote music? the typical band would put up album on bc for "pay what you want" and have CD/cassette/vinyl release, maybe some misc merch, blah blah. I'm looking for newer ideas to promote music.

Does anyone have any examples of bands that are being a little more innovative with their promotion? One I can think of is a favorite local band of mine (not shameless promotion, just giving an example - https://www.pureshit.biz/) who released a "video album" on a website eventually accompanied by more videos - no bc, facebook, or soundcloud. Maybe this is more appealing to our generation with greatly decreased attention spans - visuals with music. more visually gratifying. I mean, who the fuck even sits through an album anymore? Why does every band develop a following because of facebook likes? Of course I'm talking about the general "non-musical minded" people, which there are greatly more of now than there were decades back. With Spotify taking over the population's preferred listening method, something new needs to happen.

Anyone want to chime in on this? I have been thinking about it for a while now.
>>
>>60773995

Here what u do senpai

>release music on usb drive
>go on street
>take two coconuts and bang them together
>make a beat comprising of your song
>sing
>people will stare
>ignore them
>sing your song, its your life now
>look at qt underage girl that might look at your wild behaviour
>don't worry, you are a serious musician now
>gaze into her eyes and with a power of thunder your soul brings, shout
>THERE IIIIIS A UUUUSB FLAAAAAASH DRIVEEEE
>she will be confused...good
>SOMEWHEEEEREEEE THEEEREEEE I PUTT IT UNDEEEER THE CUUUURB
>MY SONGS THEY ON IT!
>she might run but she might go and get the drive
>give her a card, its your facebook (not a like page but your personal facebook)
>go home and expect the news
>>
https://soundcloud.com/slave-beaver-revolt/freud-and-the-terror-train-ii

Our new single, which is a mix of a few different styles. Thanks!
>>
>>60775599
>this isn't a soundcloud thread you faggot
>>
soundcloud thread?
soundcloud thread
>>
https://soundcloud.com/glutenfreebeats
>hip hop beats

rec
>60775599
>>
>>60776473
no

>>60776482
this isn't a souncloud thread.
>>
What's stopping me from stealing someone's riff and then putting it in a constant loop and I just reverb the fuck out of it and feed it plugins until it sounds like popcorn in the microwave and then I just record myself screaming and layer it 3 minutes in and finish "my song" and then I photoshop a picture of wooden baby blocks next to a pyramid and slap a name on it like "nutseed library" and then I keep doing this until you faggots find my shit and start eating it up
>>
>>60776582
Sounds delicious

>captcha told me to select corns from the picture

Its kinda korn.
>>
>>60774184
8/10
>>
>>60773995
Just make a remix of adele's hello.
Spam it under every video.
Be sure it is trap or big room
Use some of those sexy vocal chops. doesnt matter if they are bad. Just make sure they are in the same key.
Get a shitload of followers.
start from there.

It isnt really unique but it should work
>>
>>60773995
iglooghost said in an interview that he got signed to flying lotus's label by literally going to his concerts and throwing flash drives at him
>>
>>60774184

This post is gold
>>
File: hide-these-tits-fin.jpg (3 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
hide-these-tits-fin.jpg
3 MB, 1425x1425
>make remixes
>this isnt remixes
>this is glitchscratch synth

https://soundcloud.com/devknob/localhost
>>
>>60778028
this isn't a fucking soundcloud thread
>>
File: play.jpg (669 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
play.jpg
669 KB, 1425x1425
>>60778042
https://devknob.bandcamp.com/

is it a bandcamp thread?
>>
File: grey-of-anaheim-hills.jpg (1 MB, 1450x1450) Image search: [Google]
grey-of-anaheim-hills.jpg
1 MB, 1450x1450
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/650643

this is a newgrounds thread isnt it
>>
>>60773995
use routenote to get your stuff on spotify, amazon, google, everywhere for free.

ive found newgrounds is better than other spots cause ive found 2 gamer videos using my music just cause they found it on newgrounds

other than that, i think you really need to bust ass and make awesome shit.

i know lots of mafkrs have gotten noticed because they made sick remixes of pop songs
>>
>>60778181
>bust ass and make awesome shit
literally this is like 75% of gaining attention online do this
>>
>>60778197
It really is. Everyone always says, "how do i get recognized." And really the only way to get recognized is to just slowly build a fan base that loves the music you make (which means you have to make stuff that appeals to you and an audience).
>>
>>60778227
Samefag
>make stuff that appeals to you and an audience
This is where a lot of people fall short, cause they always try to make some sort of hipster noisecore shit, instead of making music.
(though that is "music" to some people, it's not going to appeal to a greater audience than yourself and a handful of other people that like that stuff)
>>
File: 1390938624731.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
1390938624731.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1687
https://soundcloud.com/sammyt-7

>lo-fi funk
>smoothgrooves
>psychedelic
>vaporwave
>sampling
>R&B
>trill
>>
>>60778274
i totally agree with what you're saying, but that wasn't samefagging though.
>>
>>60778628
Just trying to be sure you knew those where both my posts.
>>
>>60773995
Here's a little known promotion trick that 80% of 'bedroom producers' miss:
>make CD
>play actual shows IRL
>>
number one way to promote your music is to find a qt girl to sing it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.