[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yung Lean is noted for referencing the years 2001, 2002 and 2003
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: yung-lean.jpg (108 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
yung-lean.jpg
108 KB, 1000x675
Yung Lean is noted for referencing the years 2001, 2002 and 2003 in his songs,[32] the reason being because he feels like these were the "most emotional" years.[5]

Based on the fact that he would have been 5-7 during those years, what the fuck happened to him that was so emotional?
>>
File: 1446534301629.jpg (82 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1446534301629.jpg
82 KB, 600x800
9/11
>>
he got diddled by his best friend or something, I don't remember exactly
>>
>>60651091
I'm his age and I totally feel him on this one.

Cause you know when you are a 5-7 years old kid, you are living in the moment and everything you do still feels fresh and new. All of your friends houses have a different feel to them. All the different playgrounds and video games have certain feel to them.
Then you get older and you ain't feeling shit like you used to. Each moment no more has it's own atmosphere. You are lost in your thoughts most of the time and not really. Every moment is still new in as much as it was before but are not seeing it like that. You aren't paying attention to all the beautiful thing around. Every walk back from school to home is now just the same old shit over and over again, none of the nuances that would make it feel fresh pass the threshold, cause you are lost in your thoughts.

So I don't think anything necessarily happened.
It might just be that he still remembers how it was like to be a kid.
>>
>>60651690
Yeah my thoughts exactly. He appeals to a very specific age group so you have to be born in that era to get it. Skillswise he's garbage though.
>>
>>60651091
mom doesn't buy him yugioh cards anymore
>>
>>60652304
This. And he was probably molesterd
>>
>>60651091
>yfw yung lean is finished
>>
>>60651312
What is happening in this picture
>>
>>60652432
He needs to drop a new album or mixtape

Ghostrider and hoover were fucking great
>>
>>60651690
Nice post
>>
>>60651091
objectively speaking, they are the most emotional years. it's not about his own personal life, those were just generally emotional years for everyone on the planet. personally, i broke down in tears at least three times a week in 2001 and 2002, and started self-harming in 2003. i also know many people who experienced similar things. as soon as 2004 came around my sadness disappeared. it's kinda profound, really.
>>
>>60654209
You're a sissy faggot
>>
>>60654209
>tfw born in 1935 and I don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>60654242
no u
>>
>>60654261
It happens, senpai.
>>
>>60651091
Weren't those the years when mall emo and scene started taking off? I know that around that time, I did start seeing more kids acting stereotypically "emo". It'd totally make sense.
>>
>>60651312
WHO THE SEMEN DEMON?
>>
>>60652432
Hoover is dope mane

Can't wait for the album
>>
I think he mentioned somewhere 2001 and 2002 looked good written down
I don't know if there's something inherently melancholic about the few years that comes after a millennial shift but a lot of dystopian fiction plays out in that time period (ghost in the shell, neon genesis evangelion, blade runner, the matrix and the terminator)
perhaps it has something to do with the fresh start (new millennium) bringing nothing but new technology while the ennui remains
>>
File: me on the left.jpg (497 KB, 1280x912) Image search: [Google]
me on the left.jpg
497 KB, 1280x912
me on the left desu
>>
>>60655533
me in middle
>>
>>60651091
>Based on the fact that he would have been 5-7 during those years
Wait, what? I thought he was like 13 now?
>>
File: 1443515104884.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1443515104884.png
13 KB, 381x380
>>60651690
This is a clear sign your life is fucking garbage and you need some new hobbies or something. Growing up made me realize being a kid fucking sucked. I have way more fun and a lot more vivid exciting experiences now that I'm adult and can do whatever the fuck I want.
Don't go around thinking the days when you had to be home by six for dinner, do your homework and life for consuming garbage media was the glory days of your life, because they weren't and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can make your current life situation better.
>>
>>60655533
me on far right
>>
>>60652432
thistbh, gravity boys/bladee/whitearmor are doing way more cool shit

lean is very mediocre and the only good part was the production
>>
>>60655510
Blade Runner is featured in the mv for Lightsaber // Saviour
>>
>>60655533
me bottom right desu
>>
>>60655727
shut up retard
>YOU DONT SEE THINGS LIKE ME SO YOUR LIFE MUST SUCK
>>
>>60655510
They were the go-to years for science fiction in the 20th century because it was the start of the next millennium, which instantaneously sounded futuristic as fuck back in the day.
Also, those years are basically what his aesthetic looked like, especially the fashion.
>>
>>60655747
psycho was honestly one of the best hip hop singles of the year
>>
>>60655864
No, really. Longing for the past is fucking poisonous. I know exactly what he's talking about, because I've gone through it and learned to get that shit behind me.
Just having some sort of feel for places isn't exclusive to childhood. Like, I paint a lot and go a lot for mood, and I still have that same sense of noticing how a place can have distinct characteristics at various points.
It just sounds like he got into some kind of rut of doing the same shit all day every day, which of course makes the earlier instances of "same shit all day every day" seem more colorful in comparison. You just need a change of scenery or something, I'm telling you, I have that sort of almost childlike nostalgia for shit that happened just last year. The human brain deals with new shit in a certain kind of way, it never goes away, people just assume it's some childhood thing because they decide to be adults one day and get used to routine.

Also that talk about school could just be a case of being fed up with school after doing that shit almost all your life, once you're out you'll find life takes a turn for the better.
>>
>>60656049
He's just taking an aesthetic from the world he remembers as a kid. It seems like you have some hangups or issues about this desu.
>>
>>60656049
>once you're out you'll find life takes a turn for the better
haha
>>
>>60656073
Well, I guess my hangup is his long elaborate tangent about how life sucks now that he's not an inexperienced midget anymore, which just isn't true. As I said, glorifying the past is poisonous and I guess I'm just worried for his future since he's like barely 20 and already feels fed up with life.
>>
>>60656106
Get a better job, m8.
>>
File: 1443121393576.png (100 KB, 208x193) Image search: [Google]
1443121393576.png
100 KB, 208x193
>cloud rap
>>
>>60656126
Getting old and jaded and being nostalgic for childhood is something literally everyone experiences. Except you, apparently.
>>
>>60656135
lumpenprole detected
>>
>>60654029
Ghost Rider was shit m8, nowhere near hoover in terms of quality
>>
>>60656154
I've had my fair share, but I push that shit away because I know it's just glorifying a lie. I still remember how boring and dull childhood was, like with everything. If you keep thinking the good days are behind you, you'll just become more jaded.
But I don't know, I guess if you want to be completely miserable for the rest of your life, go ahead.
>>
>>60654029
tapei was great too
https://soundcloud.com/maxcady033/yung-lean-x-t-a-i-p-e-i-prod-cadycutthroat
and relevant itt
>i dont want to live no more, don't want to be 20
>>
>>60656222
Being nostalgic for childhood doesn't mean you're miserable or think the good days are behind you. You seem like the miserable one here.
>>
>>60651690
Exactly. Those years were the most emotional. Yung Lean is spot on.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.