[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm honest, if you can't appreciate this album or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: R-525626-1291839541.jpeg.jpg (7 KB, 280x279) Image search: [Google]
R-525626-1291839541.jpeg.jpg
7 KB, 280x279
If I'm honest, if you can't appreciate this album or other avant garde music you aren't a music fan.

That's not to say that you have to love it or call it GOAT or anything, but if you can't acknowledge the redeeming qualities in avant garde music it's because you lack the knowledge in order to understand it.
>>
le meme square album
>>
>>60638069
i've never heard this album before or have any idea what it is but i'm skeptical, simply because the core fanbase of every single style of music are the fans of that particular idiom. while math rock or free jazz or contemporary classical or drone have immense appeal to broad fans of esoteric music, the majority of the fans of artists who produce music in those idioms will be the fans who are devoted to that particular style. you don't realize this because you spend all day on the computer instead of meeting people and talking to them about music. if you did, you'd realize that nearly everyone subscribes to a few select movements, and has very limited knowledge about other things. this applies to you too, of course, but you don't realize it. you just justify this by claiming that the music in the OP or the similar "Avant garde" musics you enjoy are superior
>>
File: 1448527861675.jpg (115 KB, 902x1148) Image search: [Google]
1448527861675.jpg
115 KB, 902x1148
>>60638069
lol hey guys wats up
>>
>>60638136
that's a lot of gibberish m8 care to make a clear statement?
>>
>>60638175
what's unclear about what I said?
>>
>>60638195
how it addresses my post
>>
>>60638208
can you not read? i'm saying whatever style of music the OP album is, or the albums you consider similar, the core fanbase is not "trve musikkk fanz" but people drawn to the particular aesthetic, and you're just too naive to understand this
>>
>>60638208
what he meant is pretty obvious
you lack reading comprehension if you didnt get the mesage he sent across
he is also correct
>>
>>60638256
>whatever style of music the OP album is
proving that you are a child and/or idiot for not knowing one of the most obvious /mu/core albums, faggot
>>
I did not like this album until I read Pitchfork's glowing review of it, comparing it to the ambient sounds of an ordinary day. That review turned around my entire understanding of music, and this album shot from hated-it to loved-it in a moment.

A lot of people would say that this is not music. Maybe it isn't. If you know what music is, and you put this on expecting music, you will be sorely disappointed. But worse, you will miss out on a profound piece of art.

This album is not difficult, not in the ordinary way. You don't need any special training to hear the subtle intricacies. But you do need to know how to let go, let what you are hearing be what it is. Maybe that does take special training,
>>
>>60638271
>ad homenim
>>
>>60638271
you are very obviously part of /mu/'s hypetrain hivemind
please refrain from posting such stupid comments while disguising them with witty attitudes
>>
>>60638290
>>60638310
Imagine if you posted TMR and somebody said "look,whatever genre or style that record is..."

you'd call them a newfag
>>
>>60638318
newfag or not, he stands corrected and you are derailing your own thread
>>
>>60638318
i'd read what they said about it (using my reading comprehension abilities) and if what they said applied, and particularly if it was a general rule about music, I'd respond to the comment in a logical way that reflected my ability to synthesis ideas from other people's language. i wouldn't spout memes
>>
>>60638282
that reviewer Dominique Leone or w/e was one of the few great P4k people
even wrote the review to BWP SMiLE
>>60638371
funny way of saying "I don't know basic /mu/core because I'm 18 or younger"
>>
>>60638375
is circling around the questions all you can do?
>>
my dick
is hard
they call me
the bard
>>
File: 1418088241667.png (960 KB, 1239x935) Image search: [Google]
1418088241667.png
960 KB, 1239x935
>>60638408
>>
>>60638399
Listen man you proved my OP point correct.
The only people who object to avantgarde media are people who are young and inexperienced
>>
>>60638408
keep going
>>
>>60638453
point taken, good night
>>
>>60638408
now there's a blast from the past
>>
>>60638408
>tfw I ignored all the poon patrol thread when they're happening
>>
>>60638069
That fucking smudge in the upper left corner. Always gets to me.
>>
>>60638069
I think this is a GOAT album, but your statement is still pretty obnoxious anon. This album is considered to be one of the most esoteric for a reason. It requires an understanding of sound which the average music fan might just not have developed yet, but that doesn't mean their opinions aren't valid.
>>
>>60638069
I love this album ! :3
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.