[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite rap album? Pic very related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: stopmeifi'mlyin.jpg (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stopmeifi'mlyin.jpg
12 KB, 500x500
Favorite rap album? Pic very related
>>
>>60607161
Why exactly? This is the one solo album of his I couldn't get into. C4C seems like a much better version of what he was doing here
>>
>>60607276
Also, pic related is probably my favorite (and also how I found out about El-P). That or maybe Late Registration.
>>
>>60607276
I love c4c as well but I don't think it's quite as good as this (and I even heard c4c first) For one, in my opinion there isn't one weak song on the album. Every song is a unique experience and has its own sound. The beats are completely amazing and he is more layered in the beat than on top of it (like on c4c) and ALL the hooks are great/catchy. The opener "TMC" was epic in the way it progressed and how el-p progressed with it, and the album closes on a great song as well "PKNW". I would recommend giving it another try.
>>
HOPPED IN THE HOOPTIE SCREAMING FREEDOM IS MINE
>>
>>60607357
FanDam is the best el-p album

Best songwriting, most interesting production, abrasive while being alluring. Iswyd is FanDam gone pop and C4C is el-p Making bangers
>>
>>60607276
Drive, everything must go, flyentology, league of extrodanary nobodies, run the numbers, no kings, All great songs.
>>
By the Throat - Eyedea & Abilities

One of the greatest albums I've ever listened to.
>>
>>60607476
Nothing poppy about the album.
>>
File: 320px-MetaphoricalMusic.jpg (28 KB, 320x281) Image search: [Google]
320px-MetaphoricalMusic.jpg
28 KB, 320x281
>>60607161
I dont like rap. I think its shit

you can find some interesting stuff every now and then though
>>
ITT: rap for suburban white kids and skinny asian kids
>>
>>60607357
Based off that, I will. I heard C4C first too and that's probably the source of my bias. I just feel it's stronger as a whole though. The Jig is Up-$4 Vic are all amazing and so are the tracks on the first half even though they don't flow together quite as well. Plus, nearly every song is able to stand on its own.
>>
>>60607523
I'm a suburban skinny black kid, thank you
>>
File: Dangerdoom.jpg (106 KB, 497x496) Image search: [Google]
Dangerdoom.jpg
106 KB, 497x496
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.