[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/tant radio presents: Latin Nights!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: siembra.jpg (133 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
siembra.jpg
133 KB, 600x591
Hey again folks. So for the past couple of weeks I've been hosting a small show on mutantradio where I exclusively play Latin music. What we usually do is get a half-hour pre-show going, where I just play whatever random Spanish or Portuguese songs come to mind (or are requested). After that, comes the meat of the show: the album of the week. On our first week we listened to the Rodrigo González album "Hurbanistorias," and last week we tried something a bit more popular with Café Tacvba's "Cuatro Caminos." This week, finally adding some variety and shifting away from my native Mexico, we present the critically acclaimed salsa album "Siembra" by Willie Colón and Rubén Blades
Arguably the greatest salsa album of all time, "Siembra" is the first of many collaborations between salsa legends Colón and Blades. Colón, a self-identified "Nuyorican" (or New Yorker of Puerto Rican origins), released his first album "El Malo" at only 17. Since then, he has built a reputation not only as a salsa virtuoso, but as an activist and advocate for Latino rights in America.
So, come join us! This is a great opportunity to expand your tastes. The show will start roughly at 10:30pm EST, so that's roughly an hour and a half from now. The pre-show will tentatively start at 10pm, and the encore will end at 12am. You can tune in at http://mutantradio.org/player . I hope you enjoy it :)
>>
For anyone who can't tune in but wants to listen to the album anyway.

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/eVexQVYL/file.html

Willie Colon and Ruben Blades- Siembra (1978)
>salsa, disco
>Widely considered one of the greatest salsa albums ever, this collaboration between trombonist Willie Colon and vocalist Ruben Blades produced some of the most famous salsa tunes ever.
>>
OP is seriously doing God's work. No other person in the universe is putting in as much effort to popularize and communicate the wonderful world of Latin music to a generally unaware (and unashamedly unCARING) public. But that doesn't stop OP. He perseveres, putting together a tasteful playlist each week in spite of his unpopularity. And in the end, he will prevail. We will all be listening to Latin music and wonder why we ever bothered with Korn, Tool, Neutral Milk Hotel, Death Grips. Latin music IS the future, whether you wanna admit it or not, but let me tell ya, you're gonna be better off not only admitting it but also cheerfully embracing it and celebrating it every day of your remaining life.
>>
Hey man this is awesome, im also a mexifag who wants to get more into music in spanish (soy un pinche malinchista musical jejeje)

I listened to this album about a week ago and really liked it, great starting point for someone trying out the genre.
>>
>>60593926
That is a great album.
>>
>>60594289
oh wow ty anon thats some high praise and ur right, this IS the future

>>60594496
These threads have been great. The last time I did this I go a bunch of recommendations from Uruguay, El Salvador, from Argentina, even other Mexicans. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Pre-show starts in 15!
>>
File: 1375571326953.jpg (3 KB, 127x127) Image search: [Google]
1375571326953.jpg
3 KB, 127x127
>calamaro
>>
File: PandaChair.png (1015 KB, 641x641) Image search: [Google]
PandaChair.png
1015 KB, 641x641
i heard this was cool you should listent o it
>>
>>60594289
>Latin music IS the future
untrue btw.
>>
great stuff so far, really enjoying it
>>
>>60595078
joke btw
>>
tfw salsa in my headphones and on my quesadilla
>>
Last song before album!
>>
ausencia by hector lavoe and willie colon is possibly my favorite song of all time. i would hope to hear it on your show some day good sir. godspeed w this, im diggin it
>>
>>60595503
We'll see, we'll see. I take requests so if you have any album suggestions for next week I'm all ears! I got some great stuff from Uruguay last week, but I couldn't resist Siembra.
>>
Loving the vocals so much, and the lyricism is living up the hype.
>>
Hope you enjoyed it. I'm staying on the radio for a little while longer. Hope you come back next week!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.