[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain this? What's so good about this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: homepage_large.831179e9.jpg (55 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.831179e9.jpg
55 KB, 319x319
Can someone please explain this? What's so good about this album? I think it's shit, can't listen to the entire thing.
Why are people always talking about this and not College Dropout?
>>
The production on the songs have so much details that every time I listen to it I hear something new in them that I had not heard previously. There's many layers of sounds and you cannot possibly catch everything that's going on with just an initial spin, it's really a rewarding album. Each song also has progression, there's always things switching up in the beats and its done so masterfully. Nothing ever feels forced, everything just evolves so naturally. As far as hip hop productions goes, it is totally groundbreaking. I mean no one has ever made beats like the ones on MBDTF. It's even wrong to just call those "beats", I'd rather call them symphonies of sounds. It's easy to say that it's one of the most influential albums of the past years, but it doesn't really have a sound. Each song is its own sound and completely different from the last (yet it all flows into one perfect piece). And there's also the fact that very few producers have the talent to make beats like those, you really have to be a top-tier producer to pull something off like it and make it work. Bottom line, it's one of the best produced albums of all-time and I can't remember a hip hop album that has broke so much ground at the same time.
>>
Obligatory reply. It's a solid 9. 0 out of ten or maybe even better. Don't let pitchfork giving it a 10 prevent you from enjoying it. Once this decade is over and the new trendsetters give something a perfect score, this album will fade from view in many ways, but it will frequently be brought up in hip hop circles. Maybe you would have enjoyed it if you were born in 2010 and discovered it in 2025
>>
>>60523919
>>60523990
Nice try Kanye
>>
>>60523705
how can you like College Dropout so and not think MBDTF is shit? any pleb who likes any Kanye should like all other kanye
>>
>>60524049
Retarded, sheep-like way of thinking
>>
File: 1448063756150.jpg (58 KB, 638x637) Image search: [Google]
1448063756150.jpg
58 KB, 638x637
Its about real nigga shit mayne, if you aint a real nigga you wont understand real nigga shit
>>
>>60524049
But yeezus sucked
>>
>>60523919
>It's even wrong to just call those "beats", I'd rather call them symphonies of sounds
That made me cringe m8
>>
MBDTF is the most essential, logical and mostly blunt reflection of and monument to the young adults of this decade.

The album takes us through a journey of Kanye's enormous ego and all of his demons while subsequently deconstructing them. It metaphorically glorifies and simultaneously vilifies all the evils of the modern world--obsession with sex and wealth to the point of insanity, self-absorption but also self-doubt and self-hatred.

The intro to Dark Fantasy is chilling as you are informed that everything you think you know about Kanye, and hip-hop, and even yourself is about to be demolished through the following tracks. The album brings you through manic bipolar highs on Monster, then sinks to borderline-suicidal lows on Runaway and Blame Game, all while maintaining a distinct level of self-awareness and self-mocking humor. Nothing is done unintentionally.

The album ends with the explosive and somewhat celebratory song Lost In The World which then transitions into a skit that could have been performed by MLK himself called Who Will Survive In America.

The final seconds are a small applause, not just for the album, not just for Kanye, not even just for the listener--but for the freshmen of the decade that began with the year 2010. This decade IS Kanye's beautiful, dark, twisted fantasy come to life, and he is inducting you into it with a weary, stressed-out smile--just like your teachers, your bosses, perhaps even your parents.
>>
>>60523705
Tied with College Dropout as Kanye's best. That being said, the rapping isn't the strongest point on the album.
The features, songwriting, and arrangements are what make it shine. It was a tall order that he managed to pull off

9/10
>>
It's KEK and white guilt
>>
>>60527871
I gave your mom some "white guilt", if you know what I mean.
>>
>>60523705
i personally think it is a very bad album but t,b,h it is just a meme like other mu core albums, now i like most of mu core albums, the only thing about them is that they are memes but that dosent mean you cant like them
>>
>>60523705
Finding Bravery in your Bravado.
>>
>>60523705
Kanye is literally a meme.

He can't produce an album w/o 20+ names under his belt
We know he has ghostwriters

So what the fuck do we give him credit for? He's like a spokesperson who can't even handle himself in public
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.