[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any other genre where the artists come and go faster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1467322291672.jpg (137 KB, 650x743) Image search: [Google]
1467322291672.jpg
137 KB, 650x743
Is there any other genre where the artists come and go faster than this?

Who the fuck is Designer and how many weeks until the next one replaces him?

>current month
>listening to anyone but Lil Yachty or Designer
>>
It is a bit stupid at the moment
>>
File: fetty-wap-600x450.jpg (77 KB, 598x418) Image search: [Google]
fetty-wap-600x450.jpg
77 KB, 598x418
a saturated market that's highly disposable
>>
>>66251598
Not a single one of those artists show are a flash in the pan artists, all are extremely respected in their genre and or have a true cult fan base.

Inide on the other hand has some man fucking flavor of the week artists

>Youth Laggon
>San Cisco
>The Vaccines
>FIDLAR
>The Shins
>La Sera

I could on and on, indie is was fucking worst my man, it's nothing but bloggers trying to find the "next big thing" and dumping the next.
>>
niggers are lazy, stupid, and constantly get fucked by jews. it's always been like this, especially with rappers. ice cube is one of the few who actually progressed his career
>>
imagine Kanye in 17 years broke alone living in a trailer off of ice cream, it sounds a plausible future
>>
>>66251598
the only literally who on that picture is the last guy.
i dont hear much from fetty or keef though
>>
>>66251681
Too bad Ice Cube is only relevant for being Ice Cube and not his music, he's an awful example.
>>
>>66251702
are you implying one of the biggest names in hip hop for over ten years is a flash in the pan
>>
>>66251702
>>66251673
>>66251642

Why the fuck are you posting CK ads with your shitty opinion?

>>66251706
Also SPACEGHOSTPURP was big and still kind of relevant in the culture, he got big when ASAP was blowing up.

I feel like the reason the person in this thread is saying this is becuase they're just tuning in to hip hop music. Rappers don't just come and go, there are tones of rappers out there you only feel this way becuase there are new ones making it to the radio, yet you could say the same thing wondering who the fuck Car Seat Headrest is
>>
>>66251674
/thread
>>
>>66251598
All of them are still relevant as fuck. Especially Future, Thugger, Rocky, Kendrick, Sweatshirt.
>>
i thought the ones with the dreads were all the same person
>>
>>66251598
>extremely popular
>literally inescapable last year unless you were fucking Amish
>you're clearly a lonely senior citizen if you don't know anyone bumping Future
>voice of the generation tier
>I'll give you this one, but he has a solid cult following
>following is still outrageous
>only getting bigger
>see above
>yeah lol
>>
>>66251823
Most of those artists are right at the peak of hip hop. This thread is bait in action.
>>
>>66251717
I can't see it lasting for another 30 years. His business acumen is also appalling. I see the baliffs moving in and him living in a yard one day.
>>
>>66251850
It's been posted before
>>
>>66251598
Feels good to be British and not have a fucking clue who any of these people are and never have to listen to their music.
>>
>>66251674
>San Shitsco was even a thing

fucking wake me up
>>
>>66251966
Yea cause your great value brand hip hop is so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4
>>
>>66251999
>implying I want to listen to any brand of hip hop
>>
>>66251681
I think you're on the wrong board you dummie
>>
>>66251598
I can name all of them except the guy under Tyler
>>
Mainstream pop artists "come and go" extremely quickly in any genre. In your image, everyone is forgettable EXCEPT Earl Sweatshirt. Reason: Earl has a real, committed fanbase that follows what he does. Other indie hip hop figures like Danny Brown, MF Doom, and Aesop Rock aren't going away any time soon either. In the mainstream there are also rappers who are considered "classic" who won't be forgotten, like Jay Z and Kanye West. But yeah, in the pop mainstream hitmakers come and go. It's because they have no real followers, so people just pay attention to some catchy song like it's the new shiny thing. This is actually the logical thing to do - most of these hitmakers put out a lot of fluff, and an occasional catchy single that will inevitably succeed in clubs and other public spaces both real and online/air. So for pop and club fans, instead of wading through lots of bullshit hoping some previous hitmaker strikes gold again, they just follow what the new big songs are. This happens in rock, too. You have your indie groups with strong fanbases (i.e. Radiohead), your classics (i.e. Bruce Springsteen), and your disposable pop hitmakers (Imagine Dragons). It most clearly happens with EDM - again, indies (Amon Tobin), classics (Daft Punk), hitmakers (Major Lazer)
>>
>>66251674
truth
>>
The entire genre of hip-hop is a meme, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music.

We've tried to make ourselves believe rap is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be close minded. That's why this music has no staying power. All of rap is just a sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "urban" paint job.

This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why rappers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them.

Rap is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of rap beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone raps over it. The "technical aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a rapper, no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit (cLOUDDEAD, dalek) to the "golden days" to 90's, to "experimental" (Death Grips), etc.

All rap is meme rap. Rap is not quality music. It's more of a guilty pleasure, like fast food. I guess it can taste good for a little while, until you realize how cheap and unhealthy it is.
>>
>Current month
>Listening to Lil Yachty
Already two years behind my nigga
>>
>>66251674
>>The Shins
Come on whether you like them or not, The Shins are not a flavor of the week artist. They've had a fanbase for 20 years.

Also
>Not a single one of those artists show are a flash in the pan artists
>What is Desiigner
>What is Tyler
>>
>>66252883
> is a fad
> genre started in 1973
> more popular now than it ever was
> most bands make their own music now rather than just sampling
> if you throw out rapping, you have to throw out many of the best songwriters in rock, because people like Patti Smith were essentially just rapping... you also have to throw out beat poetry, since that's really exactly what it is
> if you hate sampling, you also have to reject plunder phonics
> if you reject dub, you're rejecting reggae's avant garde
you're dumb, and you suck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npcGql9Ir6Y
>>
>>66252918
Too bad Desiigner isn't in that picture. And he just started, he needs like a year or 2 to prove himself.
People called Young Thug a Wayne clone when he first started, now look at him.

Tyler has a huge fanbase, his own media corp, and his own clothing line. Tyler also has a very dedicated fan base as well as being one of the more respected names in the hip hop community.
>>
>>66251708
The point was, instead of letting his career stagnate due to being nigger rich he actually did something with it.
>>
>>66253540
>nigger rich

Sorry your noise pop project didn't pan out and you're still working at Denny's
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.