[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did /mu/ consider "Tales of a Librarian" a greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Did /mu/ consider "Tales of a Librarian" a greatest hits. Tori was involved in the remixes of many of the songs on this album. Overall i love this album but I'm a huge Tori fan and saw her live 3 times in the 90's and early 2000's. What are /mu/'s thoughts on this obvious 10/10 album
>>
>Did /mu/ consider "Tales of a Librarian" a greatest hits.
It's not?
>>
>>66122376
Not overly fond of quoting Wikipedia but here is a snippet from the wiki of the album

Tales of a Librarian (complete title: A Tori Amos Collection: Tales of a Librarian) is the first retrospective compilation album by singer/songwriter Tori Amos. Given the option to be involved in the project, Amos elected to take a central role in the production of the collection, released in 2003 on her former label Atlantic Records.

Amos described the compilation as a "sonic autobiography", a title derived from her dislike of the term "greatest hits".[6] Recording under the premise that a librarian is a "chronicler", Amos pieced together the collection in accordance with the Dewey Decimal System,[clarification needed] extending the librarian theme of the album. Amos revisited the mixing of many of her own favorite songs from her career, focusing on those she thought were not fully realized in their original recordings and those that she felt explained her life story. Additionally, Amos added two new songs and two re-recorded b-sides: "Angels", "Snow Cherries from France", "Sweet Dreams", and "Mary", respectively (the latter two compositions were originally recorded in 1990 during sessions for Little Earthquakes).
>>
>>66122361
>Greatest Hits Album
I'd rather get her whole studio discography (which I have) and make a playlist containing each track
>>
>>66122482
nvm, ignore >>66123306
>>
>>66123325
>nvm, ignore >>66123306

Why. because of the 4 new or b/ sides that it contained?
>>
>>66123306
I own everything up to Scarlett's Walk on CD.
I do have Strange Little Girl as download.
>>
>>66123380
4 new tracks
Also, the fact that some of the tracks are rerecorded

I think I have those b-sides
>>
File: little earthquakes.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
little earthquakes.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
>>66123589
I really don't understand why Tori doesn't get more love on /mu/. During the 90's she was every bit as good as Bjork and Kate and Little Earthquakes and Under the Pink are 10/10's in many peoples eyes.
>>
>>66123977
Everything up to Scarlet's Walk are pretty good and her first three albums are untoppable. There's only a few people here who like Tori but I'm fine with that. At least her music doesn't get memed to death.
>>
This year all I've seen from her is an appearance on what is possibly the worst album of the year so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDsMaeAals
>>
>>66124731
yeah it is kinda of refreshing not seeing her music reduced to a meme.
>>
>>66124794
she had a little meme momentum from her 2014 album when one of the songs was apparently about her plastic surgery disaster
>>
>>66124816
I must have missed that. But like I said. After Scarlet's Walk aside from watching as occasional video she kinda fell off my radar.
>>
>>66124890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vENJBhOQZCk

I hate you
I hate you
I do
I hate that
you're the one who can
make me feel gorgeous
with just just a flick of your finger
it is that easy

I hate you
I hate you
I do
I hate that
I turn into a kind
some kind of monster
with just just a flick of your finger
it is that easy
>>
>>66124816
it's not about that
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.