[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree with this guy's points about Gorillaz, gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Gorillaz.full.1430016.jpg (568 KB, 1500x1167) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz.full.1430016.jpg
568 KB, 1500x1167
Do you agree with this guy's points about Gorillaz, genres and music overall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws82rXrjBOI
>>
I would, definitely. I think a lot of Gorillaz' music doesn't hold up to me after digging deeper into alternative music, but I've got a lot of respect for what they've done to change the public's mindset and to open the door to deeper listening experiences. I can say for certain I would never have gotten into all the weird shit I like now if not for Demon Days.
>>
>>65837726
Great write up and some fantastic editing too.

Like the anon above me said, I don't think a lot of their stuff really holds up as well for me now, however, I'm incredibly thankful for shit like Clint Eastwood, Double Bass, November Has Come, etc. Their stuff really served as a gateway to some of my favorite music, and I'm sure most people feel the same way.

Really enjoyed Jaimie's quote about Gorillaz being a "kids band". I had resented that as a kid, but in retrospect it's great that music like that is being loved by newer generations.

I recommend everyone check out this guy's other videos. From the titles and thumbnails, they all look like basic-level analysis and general wankery of popular media (Nerdwriter1), but they're actually very thoughtful, entertaining, and incredibly well-made. There's not much of them, give them a shot, he's criminally underrated.
>>
>>65838943
>I recommend everyone check out this guy's other videos. From the titles and thumbnails, they all look like basic-level analysis and general wankery of popular media (Nerdwriter1), but they're actually very thoughtful, entertaining, and incredibly well-made. There's not much of them, give them a shot, he's criminally underrated.

check out this guy's uploads if you liked this
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3tCNZAURUKbrp2dQkZQy2w/videos

the "long game" series were really great and motivational for me
>>
>>65837853
I still want to love Demon Days and Plastic Beach, but after playing them both about 200 times, it kinda wears thin on you
>>
>>65837726
Honestly I thought they were just hip hop so I always ignored them. I'm listening now and I can see I was wrong about the kind of music they made but so far it's nothing to really write home about.
>>
>>65841201
which album are you listening to?
>>
>>65839128
this
>>
>>65839128
Hey man thanks for the rec. I just subscribed.
Yeah the Long Game videos are phenomenal.
>>
>>65841201
They are hip-hop though...
>>
>>65841423
They're not *just* hip-hop though. They're mainly trip-hop and alternative rock but incorporate other genres of music too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.