[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally decided to give this another try and I still can not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 455x455
I finally decided to give this another try and I still can not figure out a reason apart from his death for it being so revered. It's not interesting and just doesn't seem fit for the praise it gets as an instrumental album. Does anyone genuinely enjoy this?
>>
>>65820226
that album is incredible and i still hear new things every time i listen to it

i will say that i felt similarly to you years ago when i first listened to it but it's grown on me a lot

all i can really say for it is that the emotional resonance his sample choices/cuts have is greater than basically anyone else doing a similar 'sample based instrumental hip hop' thing

and his almost psychedelic style of manipulating samples is really distinct and unreplicated by any imitators in that genre (not even knx who is also great)
>>
Favorite songs????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atPXB02SLaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QWY7CBNrgM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek_cufWYvjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hKtCCgIMw&feature=youtu.be

Bye is especially magical.
>>
Lots of people love this album, anon.

It's just really uplifting instrumental hip-hop.

It's not brilliant. It's not trying to be.

The only complex thing about it, really, is the synthesis of all the samples to fulfill a singular theme and purpose.
>>
>>65820586
Last Donut of the Night and Welcome To The Show are a fucking unbelievable way to end the album but Two Can Win is probably my overall favorite desu
>>
>>65820226

Gotta agree with op. Not my tea, etc.
>>
>>65820226
i enjoy it. you don't have to tho.
>>
>>65820586
Waves, Stop, Gobstopper, Glazed
>>
>>65820650
It may not be complex (though I couldn't care less, either way), but it is brilliant.
>>
>>65820586
Factory is by far the best.
>>
>>65820586
Workinonit, Lightworks, The New, Gobstopper.
>>
it is so well reserved because of how almost every producer in the game was inspired by this album.
>>
its a mid 2000 meme album, like madvillainy
i love j dilla's production but this has some of the worst of it.
>>
interestingly this album is the 2nd most recent 10.0 by pitchfork. original score was 7.9 but the reissue got a 10
>>
>>65821673
you gotta stop with this
>>
>>65820226
Completely because they backsotry of it adds meaning. For me I love it because i know everything about it, so I perceive it as a personal ending note. Might it actually be 10/10? I have no idea but it is for me and people who know the whole story
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.