[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favourite IDM albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 3x3.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3x3.png
1 MB, 900x900
Post your favourite IDM albums
>>
U-ZIQ XTLP
U-ZIQ aberystwyth marine

PILOTREDSUN achievement

the first track on LUKE VIBERT's "bizarster" is amazeballs I wonder why he doesnt just make a whole album like that
>>
Autechre - Quaristice
Terminal 11 - Invasion from XXX Dimension
The Flashbulb - Red Extensions of Me

Daily reminder that IDM doesn't exist
>>
>>65735748
>IDM doesn't exist
everyone hates this term

coiners of the term probably meant "electronic music for people who are not currently at a night club" but thats fucking dumb because electronic music was never only associated with dancing.

>intelligent
pretentious
>dance
vapid
>music
literally huh?

we should just call it electronic music and don't bother acknowledging any of the pleb shit.
>>
Obviously IDM is a horrible, misleading name perpetrated by the music press. But then again, just about every genre is like that.

The best album from the artists in the IDM clique is Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy.
>>
>>65735748
I hate the name too, but if that's what it's called then that's what I'll call it. Just because it's a stupid name it doesn't mean the genre doesn't exist.
>>
I'm kinda burned out on the typical artists that pop up when you think "IDM" (for lack of better term), in no particular order:

-autechre
-aphex twin
-mike paradinas(u-ziq)
-venetian snares
-car seat headrest
-squarepusher

are there any names you think are heavy hitters in the genre I need to explore, I'm not big on boards of canada desu, if its too ambient I get cranky
>>
>>65736158
jk about car set headrest btw
>>
>>65736158
Car seat headrest?
>>
File: Autechre.jpg (40 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Autechre.jpg
40 KB, 720x405
>Sean Booth: Yeah, there's definitely no hierarchy of the intellect going on. All these things about us being "intelligent" and the term "IDM" are just silly. I'm not a particularly intelligent person, me. I'm diligent, I'm pretty hardworking, but I'm not that clever. I ain't got any qualifications, I just pick up stuff that I think is interesting at the time. And is our music abstract and weird? To us or our mates it's not! Maybe if you've only listened to pop music, then yeah, it's weirder, because you've not been exposed to it. But that works the other way, too. I don't listen to pop, but someone dumped a load of Max Martin tracks on me to try and explain what he was about, and it seemed really, really alien to me, like Nazi youth music or something. I think everyone has a different idea of what weird is.
>>
>>65736212
>>65736200
Oh nvm
>>
>autechre
techno, glitch
>aphex twin
ambient, acid techno, jungle
>boards of canada
downtempo
>squarepusher
futurejazz, drill n bass
>>
>>65736158
Check out the other ones in the OP image. Flying lotus' whole discography is great if you like hip hop/jazz. Also check out Sweet Trip - Velocity:Design:Comfort for some glitchy shoegaze IDM
>>
>>65736346
>>autechre
stockhausen for babbys
>>aphex twin
meme
>>boards of canada
library music for people too lazy to bother exploring library music
>>squarepusher
poor man's meme twin
>>
>>65736537
>stockhausen for babbys
people who say this are missing the point entirely, tbqh
>>
File: Cover.jpg (621 KB, 808x808) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
621 KB, 808x808
Discuss
>>
>>65737416
Honestly it's just the same old same old from them. I dunno, I love The Black Dog stuff but Plaid never really appealed to me.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.