[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /mu/. I come to you looking for your advice. If any of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-05-31 20.48.26.png (2 MB, 1433x1660) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31 20.48.26.png
2 MB, 1433x1660
Hi /mu/. I come to you looking for your advice. If any of you have played DOOM you've heard this track;

youtu.be/pNkQMtZAMAw

How do I get more unrelenting, satanic tracks like this? Ideally instrumental but not fussed. Already knee deep in Slayer.
>>
>>65307192
>how do I get more unrelenting, satanic tracks
The first step is to stop listening to the new Doom soundtrack because it's not satanic at all, it's just djent.
The second step, which you've already taken, is to listen to actual metal, but Slayer isn't satanic enough, if you want satanic AND unrelenting, you're gonna need Marduk and their copycats. "bestial" black metal, aka "norsecore", as nerds call it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP897M7JuII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9VXg0229EA
>>
>>65307399
>It's just djent
It's industrial metal, my man
>>
File: 4165451054.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
4165451054.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
>>65307192
fucking this is more satanic
>>
>>65307399
Man I appreciate your response. Thought the thread was dead. Would you believe I'm an electro guy, minimal and glitch. I think there are some similarities though. They're both dark and can be pretty harsh. I'll look into the genres. Currently got Marduk playing.
>>
>>65307440
It's djent Industrial metal is focused on short repetitive riffs, not on long stretches of syncopated palm-muted notes with plastic production.

Djent is a combination of math rock, groove metal and industrial metal so I can see where your confusion stems from but the sound is quite clearly different.
>>
>>65307440
listen to godflesh then listen to OP's link

then reconsider your post
>>
>>65307484
>>65307496
Yeah, you're right. My bad.
>>
>>65307467
>Would you believe I'm an electro guy, minimal and glitch
I find this completely unsurprising actually.
>I think there are some similarities though.
djent is a subgenre of metal so that's about it.

If you want something similar to Marduk but with some techno beats to make it more palatable, look up Iperyt, by the way.
>>
>>65307576
I will check that out too. Nice one.
>>
Is this game any good?
>>
>>65307654
>>65307576
Damn, Iperyt, this was a good call. There is that unrelenting, percussive onslaught. See if I'm looking for digital lnob twiddling then I seek out the rougher Venetian Snares and Autechre. So I can hear this as an analogue counterpoint.

Such abrasion I actually find calming.
>>
>>65307741
The game is fantastic fun in the campaign. Brutal, violent, gory, funny and no-nonsense. The multiplayer will split a room but I like it. Well worth getting it if you cheap thrills. Play on nightmare to realise why DOOM separates the men from the boys.
>>
You listen to Black Metal or Thrash Metal when you play Doom
That's a rule
>>
>>65307980
Death Metal is more appropriate than BM unless it's norsecore.

but yeah, thrash is mandatory
>>
>>65307980
the in-game music is aight too i guess
>>
>>65307741

If you can get it for $40 it's definitely worth, I would not get it at $60 since 1/3 of the game was outsourced to some company that specialized in CoD/Halo maps. The rest are massively detailed, but SnapMap could use some more updates...
>>
>>65307192
THIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A8VvG3nEiE
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.