[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think the EqG world actually is? Some people call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: 1127094.png (211 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1127094.png
211 KB, 470x470
What do you think the EqG world actually is?
Some people call it the human world but I don't buy it. Some people cite shows like Doug or the Simpsons as to why the characters are multicolored, to avoid race n shit but I don't buy it. In those shows you have characters with pretty much human names and a setting that is pretty much similar to ours. You don't have characters with pony names or places named after equestrian. The characters are pony colored and based on zecora's official EqG art, she has stripes, I'd go as far and say they're equine colored.
I'd wager they're meant to be pony people and if that's the case how did they xome about?
We know the city it takes place is called Canterlot so it may share some connection to equestrian.
The lore for EqG is pretty much non existent so maybe in the next movie they expand a bit
>>
It exists on its own shard of existence, floating across spacetime; dreamed into existence by Celestia and her sister, kept intact by narrative constants (In The Beginning, 101 Beginner Tropes, Bad Guys Wear Leather Jackets And Wear Skull Jewellery, et al), and indirectly influenced by the Hasbro corporate executive due to quantum.

Celestia and Luna know the truth of their own shard, as do the other Celestias and Lunas. Those rare souls who somehow achieve knowledge are themselves dreamt out of existence, and the story continues working everything out so Everyone Lives Happily Ever After.
>>
File: mind_blown.jpg (43 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
mind_blown.jpg
43 KB, 900x563
>>27188052
Took me some time to take in ...
>>
File: dreda.jpg (172 KB, 605x715) Image search: [Google]
dreda.jpg
172 KB, 605x715
>>27187586
I like to call them as Humanes, an alien humanoid being with very varying coloration, whose culture mostly resolves around pasture animals, with the major regions aligning itself with horses. The planet is called Humanos, with condition similar to Earth, but instead of continents, it is formed by a massive pangea surrounded with smaller islands
The largest empire is the Humannica, a bimonarchy who governs and edict laws helped by a Grand Court. Humannica had archieved a complete proxy domination over the world, by controlling the remaining nations uch as Zebrafrica and Yakyakistan under its commonwealth.

Their belief system is basically a thinly-veiled attempt to patheonize the showrunners and show history, where a long time ago, the Hasboride Kingdom's newest priestess, Faust, came up with a new reform towards the empire long standing tradition to worship the Creator of Humanes and Horses, Zacherley. The new belief spread very fast, even piercing through the border of the kingdom and helps pacify and integrating the Fuhairy and Adullet barbarians. This new belief is called Faustian.

However, after 26 moons of prosperous preaching, the new Exzecutive Dynasty rulers banish her on the grounds of treachery. Various barbarian shamans and clerics, all tries to fill the gaps left behind by Faust after she dissappear after a prophetic falling star. This new, jumbled mess of 'Belief' is called Fandam/Fandom

Lastly, a longtime priestess and a former friend of Faust, Meghan, backed with the remaining court religious officials, cemented a new set of belief called Canon (More popularly called as Meghanism) which is approved by the ruling dynasty.

CHS is located in Canterlot District (not to be confused with the capital, who is also called Canterlot), in the City of Amarerica. Before the appearance of alleged 'horseangels' the school is well known for its principals, where both of them are tribute performers to the current ruling bimonarchs.
>>
i want to know which derpi image the above comment was posted on

taking bets whether it'd be an entirely random show screenshot, or one of those pictures that looks like it came from a crime scene
>>
>>27188294
Ah, for the picture, it shows the famous cult leader Starlight Glimmer, who is also a former reverend for Meghanism before being stamped as a heretic, thus forces her into creating her own church, the Church of Equality.
Starlight Glimmer and her cult denies the natural process of Marking, in which a vague pattern usually start to appears in an individual's thigh during puberty.
Marking process is scientifically and also religiously started and also ended with a Marking Dream, in which the individual is usually visualize themselves being visited by horse-angels under the decree of Zacherley, in order to be shown the meaning and the complete picture of their Marking. After growing their Marking, it is common for Humanes (with the exception in the cutlure in several nations) to addorn a glorified version of their Marking as accessories in their clothing.

Starlight Glimmer is thought to have been disabled, where she received her Marking or Marking Dream very late in young adulthood. This prompts her to create a belief where humanes should no longer be 'dictated' by their Marking, and by the extension, The Goddess Herself. Starlight Glimmer and her followers tear out the Marking on their skin and used a unsanitized and untested medicine to stop the Marking to grow back. However, when these process fails and they regrow their Marking again, the cult opted for a mass suicide via poison. The Equality Tragedy remains one of the most dark moments in the Nation of Girthyana's history.
>>
>>27187586
It's just the Half-Ponified Version of our world.
That's all you need to know.
>>
>>27187586
>different hair colors
>different eye colors
>there's only one race in our entire world which has these characteristics
>multicolored teints are taken from the pony versions
>pony have multicolored coats
>coat is hair
>only one human race has more than one hair color
>the zebra is probably completely different looking, like having stripes or some sheeeit
>>
>>27188294
>>27188511
That's some nice stuff. Got it from anywhere?
>>
>>27188751
I say it's the opposite
It's a half humanized version of the pony world. After all, equestria is the foundation of that universe. The president of Hasbro Studios said something similar to that when he said EqG takes place in a "somewhat human world"
>>
File: tribute performers.jpg (225 KB, 910x700) Image search: [Google]
tribute performers.jpg
225 KB, 910x700
>>27188929
Its my own musings bruh, that I draw out occasionally. Pic related, its Sunny Skies (aka Principal "Celestia") winning the 23rd Tribute to The Queen Pagent, beating senior cosplayer Chrysalis, and Queen Celestia XII herself in disguise. The visiting Princess of Friendship herself didnt seem to have taken this reveal very smoothly..

Other stuff that I think worth mentioning is how I envisioned the Humane7 beliefs, which probably goes like
>SciTwi
Faustian, but her family isnt religious. She picked up her dusty copy of the Script (because what else should I call the holy book where the priestess are the writers of the show?) again after the Friendship Games. She and Sunset start to notes similarities of the myths in the book with Equestria's lore, which somehow, didnt surprise them that much
>Rainbow Dash
Fandom, with awesome addded beliefs of her own (Probably the most iconic and memorable new pony from G4. I think Rainbow Dash is also the most familiar pony to the outsiders of the fandom. Who can forget that hair and wings?)
>Applejack
Faustian. She always thanks Faust personally in her prayers for ensuring her lineage safety until today (Mirroring how Applejack is the least changed pony from her G1 predecessor)
>Pinkie Pie
Meghanism, altough she added some dash of Fandom secretly (looking at you Cupcakes and whatever you people came up for her uniqueness)
>Fluttershy & Rarity
Meghanism. Both had nothing to write home about, except that they both occasionally volunteer out at the church
>Sunset
She still clings to her old beliefs from Equestria, altough she is very intrested in these beliefs in her new home.

I really think that the existence of a belief system can be used to enrich the lore in a fantasy story, since they arent supposed to be realistic in the first place. Pushing an established a irl religion into the EqG world wont fit, so like to play around with this
>>
>>27189692
>SciTwi
>religious
Not going to kid, the whole Crystal Prep Academy had the air of a religiously conservative school, which is never a bad thing. The parents are probably unaccustomed to the modern world and thus the students are confused on what to do.
>no CPA student secret gf to go to church sundays with
Life is pain, my man.
>>
>>27187586
It's shit. Unsurprisingly, a shitty and boring high school centered universe has no lore or interesting development
>>
>>27189828
Huh, makes sense. Cinch thinks her ambition to use magic is justified since those magics with horseangels and holographic alicorn were clearly "Meghanism Teaching" since those stubborn Faustian would only take it its an unicorn, and those misguided Fandoms would rather squabble between themselves than accepting this as a sign from Goddess Herself

Also, regarding pony names, I like to believe it that "human" sounding names are considered to be something out of a daring do novel and other fantasy media, which takes it cues out from the ancient sounding names of the people from the Script such as Meghan, Faust, Larson, Hasbro, etc. I like to imagine when some Humanes play O&O, they gonna roll with Johannah the Barbarian, Supriyanto the Acolyte, Jing Feng the Swordsman, and the likes.
>>
>>27189692
>twenty-thirth
>>
>>27188838
What?
>>
>>27188052
i knew it
>>
Why does Applejack have normal human skin though?
>>
>>27193774
because when you have a hues within the visible light spectrum, you are bound to find some people within the "normal" spectrum.
>>
>>27193774
she's the normal human
>>
>>27193774

Because ...
She's base on a Useless Nothing Special Orange Horse from MLP.

What do you expect ?
>>
>>27190187
ironically, magic is haram in real world, but this is fantasy
>>
File: latest-60.png (673 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest-60.png
673 KB, 1920x1080
>>27194320
What's Big Mac's excuse then?
>>
It's the Monster High world, where nothing makes sense and everything happens because the story calls for it. And there seems to be no higher authority than "high school principal". And the entire population has severe amnesia because they see all these fucking insane displays of magic and then the next day, act like nothing happened.
>>
>>27189828
>SciTwi will never ask you to go to church with her
>>
File: takamura sees your dick.png (133 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
takamura sees your dick.png
133 KB, 500x375
>>27187586
Bruh...
Its just a paralel universe to equestria where the characters you know are humans in highschool.
Not even the writers thought too hard about this.
>>
>>27194559
Of course. I just think that with how cool anyone with the weird houdini shit happening in CHS, some degree of understanding and acceptance towards magic could have been the norm in EqG World

>>27194583
EqG Big Mac suffers from Changincoloritis, a skin disease commonly found in individual with sensitive skin thats exposed to too much sun during their early childhood.
>>
>>27195958
Bruh where do you think you are?
>>
>>27187586
It's a human-esque world, where for some reason the dominant species ended up being humans instead of ponies and other animals. That's really it.

I think I've seen one fanfic where this actually came about as a result of Starlight Glimmer's time-tampering spell (probably as a side-effect when she was refining it, before the season finale), which makes it an alternate time-line and not another universe.
>>
>>27196769
Alternate timelines, as the popular understanding of the many-worlds interpretation of QM sees them, are actual universes in their own right, just a little bit "closer" to one another
>>
>>27196708
In /mlp/.
The least likely place to think people would discuss deeply about EqG.
>>
>>27196832
you're wrong in all accounts
>>
>>27187586
Simpsons actually does the whole yellow skin deal not to avoid race stuff, but to catch people's eyes. Matt straight up said that he painted them yellow so that when people were channel surfing and they saw yellow characters, they knew it was the Simpsons. I would say that is pretty much the same reason for the the colors or patterns. You instantly recognize the colors and link them back to pony counter part, it's branding more so then lore
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.