[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
#OiE: The Future After, the Past Before, Part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 20
File: Razorback Company.png (304 KB, 1570x1537) Image search: [Google]
Razorback Company.png
304 KB, 1570x1537
>If you would like to join, make a sensible loadout, here at:
innawoods.net

>When you're done, read over the Operator's Handbook:
http://pastebin.com/B4PD8nAi

>Or the Hoofbook if you wanna be a pony:
https://pastebin.com/SjEWsDfC

>Overall Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/u/PonyStrangler

>Then jump into our IRC chat, #OiE on esper.net server OR:
http://esper.net/publicirc.php

>Fortress Map:
http://i.imgur.com/Nfy0UK4.png?2

>Bulletin Board
https://pastebin.com/UaxgkbgV

>Previous thread:
https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/26853705
>>
>Hodch

>>26874388
>>26874928

>Remaining silent for a bit, just enough to give you a sense of closure, the middle-aged stallion pipes up once more, his tone becoming crassly smug.
"No.. I don't know that. In fact, you are not registered as a citizen of Equestria, and you have also entered a high security restricted area without due notice, which means-"
>Without warning, both of your arms are wrenched behind you in a crippling manner, the action swiftly followed by both BlasTech weapons being torn from you as your very nerves alight with a staggeringly high amount of pain, unseen forces battering you helmet down into the dirt while the unicorn chuckles in a mock-friendly manner.
"Republic Commando One-One-Two-Nine, informally known as Thunder Raven, you are hereby under arrest, all actions you take or words you say will be used against you in Razorback's court of law. Wince we banned lawyers some time ago.. well, you're shit out of luck."
[1d6+12] <GM.Casting: Force Slam
[1d6+12]
[1d6+12]
[1d6+12]

>Tapping the helmet with a hoof, the reservist bends his head down, striking a condescendingly smug grin.
"A biological clone, hmm? Doesn't matter though, I'm getting quite tired of humans and their technological superiority complexes. I don't particularly care about this idiotic idea of 'cultural contamination' going around, nor does your pathetic energy weaponry mean anything to me."
>Lankily striding up to examine the DC-17m, the reservist's eyebrows raise for several long moments, turning to gaze down with a decidedly unfriendly smile.
"In fact, I've fucked fillies with ten times the destructive power of this weapon, but that is a topic for later discussion. Right now, however, you should tell me why I shouldn't reverse-engineer you, starting with a knife and possibly ending with your body suspended in necromantic stasis for further observation."
[1d6+4] <B.Interrogate
[1d6+4]
>>
>>26875546

>Despite your lack of spiritual or esoteric cognizance, there was a certain astounding lack of notice towards you you, especially since the briskly appearing stars themselves were oriented in patterns that were not of a mocking nature.
>Yet, there was the distinct feeling that the Nightmare was, as usual, perpetually busy amongst the crowd of free-spirited, mostly unhinged ponies that surrounded her, instead, a creeping sensation of wary, not quite aggressive watchfulness was cast towards, then beyond your general location.
>Not that it was any better than an alicorn watching you really, though the unmistakable teleport appearance of Nightblade Hodch, one of the more well known and distrusted names in the mercenary circles, was the immediate concern, particularly due to his current, vile mood, and the highly unorthodox methods of his takedown on the white armored human.
>>
Razorback Fortress: A Forwarded Letter

>As dusk came around the Fortress, the night shift goers came out in full force to replace their daylight counterparts.
>And at this time the Pagoda lit up with activity, the colourful swirling rift in reality filling the approaching night with its active sounds.
>With a careless fling from the other side an enveloped letter drifted into the Pagoda, where it fell gracefully onto the shelters flooring.
>On its front was written a hasty message in Common.

>"I need four or five hoomons, willing to pay many Bits!"

>The seal that closed the envelop was of bright red wax, an elaborate "R" made from flowers as the sigil.

>As the portal closed the semi-sentients feminine crystalline voice rang out throughout the fortresses open court, calling to attention of the mail.
>>
>Doctor Tipper

>>26876006

"As much as I would enjoy training you all, it would take at least one year to teach the basics of propre medical care, alchemy is another year, proper surgery is six months, so, two and a half years there. Poison, toxin, bacterial, viral, and parasitic identification training usually lasts from three months, depending on the interest and area. This, of course, does not take into account any species specific or specialized training, but-"
>Beginning her assessment of the damage caused to Brume Gale's skull, Tipper flicks an ear back as her nose wiggles thoughtfully.
"I will keep your offer at heart."
[1d6+4] <GM.Diagnosis: Brume Gale
[1d6+4] <GM.Diagnosis: Sparking Fleur
>>
>Yawning as I roll Pella off of me and tucking her back into bed, I slide my pants on and a shirt, followed by my boots and my weaponry.
>I don't think I'm going to be heading out immidiately, so I leave my pack off, but slip on the armor.
>Just in case, y'know.
>Standing up, I start to head to the door, but stop upon spotting myself in the mirror.
>I lean in towards it, inspecting my face.
>...
>Nope, no more scars than usual.
>Damn, I maybe need to take a shave pretty soon.
>Stubble's startin' to get a bit crazy.
>I step away from the mirror, and walk into the hallway, trying to open and close the door as quietly as possible to not disturb Pella.
>Walking through the quiet hallway, I exit the barracks into the soft amber light of the outside.
>It's only a moment after I step outside, that I realize it's not blinding, and un-squint my eyes.
>Man, that translocation thing really messed up my internal chronometer...
>Though, I can't spend too much time dwelling on my thoughts, as I turn my head to look at the firing range to see...
>...
>Wait, that armor...
>It seems almost familiar...
>And Hodch is-
>Oh dear.
>Shaking my head, I begin to jog over to the two beings.
>'Great. Not one day without someone trying to rip another's head off.'
>As I close the distance, the second being gets clearer and clearer.
>'Wait...is that a-'
"No fucking way..."
>The previous jog was accelerated to a run as I hear Hodch's sickly sweet threats.
"Hodch, the fuck's goin' on here? What'd this guy do to you?"
>Stopping a few feet away from the two of them, my brows crease in concern.
"Or, what are -you- doing to him?"
>Looking over the humanoid, a rush of excitement shoots through my veins.
>There's no doubt about it, this is a real-life, honest-to-god clone trooper.
>Not exactly a human, but close enough.
>So why, exactly, is Hodch trying to put him through the ringer?
>So many questions...
>>
>>26926332
>>26926341
>>26926435

>Okay, the trooper didn't seem to be having a good time right now.
>First the commander, now this.
>What a wonderful night this is turning out to be.
>Rolling her shoulders, Sunny got up and crept closer, taking as much time as she dared to.
>Safely repositioned within hoof reach with neither of the humans, or Hodch 'hopefully' noticing, she ceased hiding herself, coughing into a hoof as she sat on her rump calmly.
"Well this is cozy, nothing makes my day more than an interrogation at dusk. Real friendly. Nice touch with the superiority complex yourself there."
>She cast a glance between all three.
>The 'clone' in particular was interesting.
>His armor seemed to have taken quite a bit of damage, yet it wasn't consistent with any weapons she knew of.
>And why would they be? No matter.
"Any particular reason you need him restrained? He doesn't strike me as the type to attack without provocation."
>The mare punctuated her final words while giving Hodch a pointed look.
>Also keeping an ear turned towards the other human who'd come over, but otherwise keeping her eyes on Hodch.
>She found her wings slightly unfurled and quickly held them against her sides again.
>>
>>26878602

>Whether through luck or laziness, the dark blue wingtip flicking in your direction as you pass by doesn't continue it's former use as a beating rod, Twisted calling after you in a sweetly chilling manner.
"Be nice to Tipper in there, or else the next one's gonna leave marks you can't wash out!"

>Head rolling back towards the door, Tipper's famously annoyed molten eyed stare, just barely above the first clinic bed's separating wall, lands squarely on you for probably ten seconds, or what might have been an hour.
>Facing forwards with a sigh, a dull pink arrow pops into the middle of the clinic, pointing down at one of the unoccupied beds.
"Why am I not surprised that was Twisted outside? Go lie down right now and I'll get to you in a bit. You're lucky I'm not sauced right now, otherwise I'd personally feed you to Nova.. whom is already quite angry at the moment."
>>
>>26926332
>The Clone's very slight hint of amusement quickly fades.
>This horse seems to enjoy pointing out the obvious. How he expects somebody who ended up on an uncharted planet to become officially registered within two days is a mystery.
>And there's little he could do to give notice, since communications systems are all but guaranteed nonexistent and his method of arrival was, if not inexplicable hyperspace travel, then something akin to it.
>Perhaps it's not just the Greccions. Possessing sentience where sentience usually is not seems to confer an intriguing degree of stupidity.

>His dismissal of the Commando's weaponry brings a smile back to his face.
>In its current state, perhaps a minuscule chance his expectations are not ridiculously inaccurate. In proper condition, they would be nothing short of embarrassing.
>As much as the fact that his death would incur the wrath of the Republic, an obvious consequence, would not dawn upon Hodch, neither would its severity were he to explain it.
"I have no idea how I got on this planet, and have only been here for two days. That is insufficient time to learn proper procedures of unit registration, or identify and learn a foreign chain of command and report to whoever it is necessary to do so."

>>26926435
>As you run closer, you hear the last half or so of what the Clone was saying.
>He seems to hear you approach, only managing to turn his head slightly to get a look back at you once he finishes speaking. The blue glow of his his visor matches that from his large pack, which his current position allows you a good look at.
>Painted on the face is a large black feather, engulfed in flame. A closer look at the glowing shows that it's actually a digital display. It reads "29".
1/2
>>
>>26926496
>He starts to say something, before yet another presence draws his attention.
>The same look is cast to you. By the helmet, though- whatever expression is hidden underneath is unknown.
>Although, it's probably easy to make an educated guess at this point.

>He responds to both inquiries simultaneously. Given the circumstances, he's doing a good job of staying composed.
"If you wish for an explanation of events, I was testing my weapons to assess their damage. Hodch temporarily disabled my systems, which was alarming in itself, snuck up on me and correctly addressed me not just by number, but by a much more personal identification."
>A very formal recollection. He continues to relay Hodch's side of things.
"And he wishes to apprehend me for failing to conform to protocols I have had no way of knowing existed."
>His concise and manner-of-fact tone slip for a moment, however, as he details his own reasoning for his actions.
"I admit that my reaction may have been severe, but I've been on edge lately. I've woken up on an uncharted planet, completely separated from my brothers, where very few things that should make sense are making sense. Even at the best of times, if you were to disrupt any Commando's systems and identify him through methods he logically expects you to have no knowledge of, they too would be startled."
>If the way he spoke before is anything to go by, talking in such a comparatively casual way, especially about his own feelings, is probably a rare occurrence.
>>
File: 1434398542881.gif (1014 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
1434398542881.gif
1014 KB, 420x236
>>26868642
>Smirking at Roust's mention of butter, Hollow huffs
>"Don't blame her for it. Besides, she's pregnant, she's putting her cravings into her work."
>Oh
>I forgot about that ice barricade...
>"Well, we don't have time to play hide and seek with a Frost Ripper for a week. We'll have to find some way to kill this thing, or injure it enough to make it fuck off."
>Either is perfectly acceptable, really

>Man, look at that big blue sphere
>That just screams weakpoint
>Grinning at his plan's success, Hollow leans back, cracking his joints in anticipation
>"I got a good look at this big blue thing...somewhere in it. It's hard to get a grasp on the thing. Still, it's coming our way now. We've saved the Dome, so now we just have to find a way to hurt the bastard."
>Just about to reach into his backpack, Hollow looks back at Roust with concern
>Sounds...risky
>"Well...she survived a fight with the Tyrant, so what's a Frost Ripper?"
>Grumbling to himself something fierce, Hollow's backpack pops open, a bombshell, a pair of C4, and the multitool floating out and onto the snow in front of him
>Now, let's prepare one of my favorite presents~
>Those wires need to be cut and reconnected here, those need to be cut entirely, that wire shouldn't even exist, disconnect the timers, connect wireless to detonater, rig C4 controllers to main bombshell controller, cut, rerig, connect...
[1d6+3] <E.Engineering FOR BIG BOOMS +Multitool!
[1d6+3]
[1d6+3]
>>
>Post #1/2: Hodch

>>26926435

>Tipping his head in your direction momentarily, one of the reservist's forehooves reaches out, forcefully thumping the white helmet with a disgruntled noise.
"What does it look like? I'm currently teaching a certain idiot about certain protocols which may or may not have ever been taught to him before arriving here. Then again, considering how impertinent and obnoxious this one is, that may take weeks."

>>26926496

>Turning enough to give you an appraising glance, the retired Nightblade's eyebrows raise several fractions, then scowls.
"While I'm not entirely sure if you are being sarcastic, I have everything excluding a superiority complex."
>Facing forwards once more, Hodch lifts the rifle with a short motion, leaning forwards to peer at it closely, dropping into a flat, neutral tone.
"Tell me, Miss Feathers, what is the first instinct of a unicorn teacher when confronted with an unruly, insubordinate student? The answer, of course, is beat both discipline and knowledge into them, a tactic that I know full well does not work on any other pony species."
[1d6+7] <E.Research
[1d6+7]
[1d6+7]
>>
>Post #2/2: Hodch

>>26926644
>>26926660

>Placing the DC-17m against his side, barrel up and butt in the ground, Hodch leans away, flickers of light purple supporting him as he cracks a dismissive smile.
"The former caretaker's report stated that upon arriving you immediately left, so, after two days of said separation you haven't managed to acquire any information that would be useful in your position. Even the most basic of our veterans would have acquired working knowledge of a faction's unique aspects before entering their territory. Did you even try the radio? Or perhaps that slipped your mind somehow."
>Forcefully rolling you over with a thought, the stallion shoves you into a sitting upright position, at the same time rolling his eyes with a mock-grandiose wave of his left leg.
"How convenient of an explanation for you, but you are still under arrest. As for being on edge, well, I'm quite through with being looked down upon by humans, their successors, or their equivalents, so as far as you are concerned I will be paying back every slight with interest."
>Casting a morbidly fascinated glance towards the borrowed weapon, Hodch tips his head to the side, the corners of his lips pulling upwards in satisfaction.
"As for this rather unique plasma-expulsion rifle of yours, it appears the destruction of any main component would cripple it, while four would render it completely inoperable. I take it repairs are not simple, either.. interesting little power cell here. Rather lackluster design though, it has such a limited charge. I have to state this one is fairly overbuilt compared to Gauss-class weaponry, though, personally, I think I'll just stick with my hooves instead."
>>
>>26926644
>>26926660

>Sunny listened to the trooper make his... Was that a report? Yep, it certainly was.
>That took her back.
>Shaking aside her nostalgia, Sunny returned her attention to the Unicorn, who she was really beginning to dislike.
>She kept it to herself, and maintain her neutral expression.

>>26926787
>>26926836

>Until he denied having a superiority complex.
"Uh huh."
>This time, she allowed her voice to drip with sarcasm.
"So humble, sir! Yessir, massah Unicorn, I was only wond'ring why you're beatin' down on a brotha!"
>She returned to her neutral expression. Was that a threat? That sounded like a threat!
>Rude.
"Well, for starters, he's not your student, as you just said, he's not an even an Equestrian citizen, as such, I believe your prerogative is to resort to diplomacy, not blame him for every ill-temper you've ever had just because you were on the receiving end of someone's condescending attitude for once.~"
>His rough treatment of the clone trooper was really starting to tick her off, and while she had a handle on it, she was absolutely prepared to take him on.
>And he likely knew it.
>She widened her stance slightly, but made it deliberately noticeable, even to the other two humans. A gesture of readiness and little more.
>>
>Twisted Wing

>>26882005

>Watching Indurian stagger by, and offering her trademarked sarcasm, the General returns to you with a somewhat less stressful shrug.
"I ain't worried. They know I can find 'em wherever they go, so it's just a matter of time before they own up."
>Face scrunching hard, as if considering whether or not something was dangerous enough to poke at, Twisted relents on the expression, settling for scratching her nose with the edge of a blade.
"Well.. back when Denra ran into me a coupla months before you all showed up, I got to talking with one of his mares, heard a buncha stories about what she used to be like. She's been drinking up a storm lately, and at Tipper's age, and in her condition, she's got no real means to vent her frustration, so if she was gonna snap the time would be now."
>Glancing at the corner Perlann had turned, both hyacinth blue eyes slowly rotate back to you, the Enchained's expression caught somewhere between morose, disgust, and several hints of apprehensiveness.
"Hope the first and last one of those ain't the case, got enough problems as is and really don't wanna complicate matters here. Uhh.. ju-"
>Ears flicking back and forth in thought, Twisted opens her mouth to speak, then pauses quickly, head cocking to the side as her eyes narrow in focus, right at the same time Princess Luna's cold, hard tone enters your thoughts:
>"Attention to all Starborn, a full division of Constructs has struck the Citadel from an unusual vessel. We estimate roughly one thousand, though We cannot yet ascertain if is encounter is merely a probing action or an invasion. Do not return if you are unavailable, the situation is chaotic and there are unconfirmed reports of a ."

>Cocking an eyebrow up at the distant blood red moon, Twisted's nose wriggles before chuckling.
"Nah, just Brume and Fleur, I think Tipper sent the others off. ...you heard that too right? It doesn't sound like she needs help, but I think we oughta listen in for a while."
>>
>>26926787
>An eyebrow twitches as I hear Hodch's words.
"Yeah, did you -really- have to bind him and take his weaponry? What happened to having normal conversations? Besides, it wouldn't be the first time that someone has been cut off from the fort and not had any contact with the base. Especially if they don't know the area after...well, you know."
>Sheesh, the guy doesn't even know that he died and Hodch is being like this.
>>26926836
>My teeth grit together as I force myself not to scowl.
>So, he's just -taking- the weapon apart because he can?
>And he's doing this because he can abuse someone not protected by any statutes?
>After being quiet for a while and having heard enough, I speak up with a dangerous calm in my voice.
"Hodch, buddy...you're acting awfully childish, don't you think? I mean, you -claim- to have been looked down on by humans, but I don't recall anyone ever saying anything bad about you. And, even if there -are- slights against you, why are you taking it out on a completely unrelated individual? They have done nothing to spite you, and their only crime was being a victim of the jarring transition to this plane."
>A small, notsofriendly smile appears on my face.
"Also, you're toying with his personal weapon. I don't know if you know how connected warriors are to their tools, but it's like a small piece of his soul in your hands, which you are threatening to destroy. Considering how it looks, parts will not be easy, if not impossible, to come by."
>Tapping my chin, I look him in the eyes.
"Now, I'm assuming he doesn't know about our radio frequencies, partly because of how advanced his tech look. He's probably got something like hyper frequencies, or something along those lines."
>>
>>26927122
>Looking at the trooper and feeling another rush of excitement, I force myself to stay focused.
"So, I'm gonna suggest that you stop binding someone who has -no- clue how things are run, what the communications that are available are, and who doesn't even know how he got here, and talk it out like reputable adults...instead of a controlling force who doesn't care for the other's side."
>Turning to look at him once again, a grim smile appears.
"Unless, of course, you want to ignore his words just because you don't want to hear them. In that case..."
>Sparing a glance to the side, I notice a new arrival bracing herself.
"...Well, let's just hope it doesn't come to that. It's a nice night, after all."
>>
>The Vortex Remnant

>>26885985

>Multitudes of varyingly sized and colored eyes pop up from the translocation matrice, unrecognizable moods swirling around in dimensionally phasing patterns as it.. merely stares at, into, through, and beyond you.
>After perhaps a minute of what passes for thought in the creature's mind, several strings of Common Equestrian text form, taking the context of each rune and displacing them as cities, or perhaps land masses afterwards.
'The Nightmare alone claims sole ownership of this Moon. There is to be no access except for those whom she desires. What do you offer us that is greater in value than her bargain to perform this task?'
>>
>>26926787
>Though it is damaged, his helmet still has plenty of structural integrity. What was probably meant to be some kind of stomp feels, at most, like someone threw a rock at his head.
>It's quite pitiful.
>His denial of having a superiority complex is equally meagre.
>As is explaining disciplinary approach he intends to use, before stating that it does not work on anything besides "unicorns".
>He is quite certain that there isn't any shrapnel sticking out of his helmet that could be mistaken for a horn.
>"Ori'buyce, kih'kovid."
1/?
>>
>>26926836
"I fled because I feared that I was in the presence of potential hostiles. The only humans I'm used to seeing are fellow Clones, and at a stretch, Jedi. Staying put wasn't a risk I was willing to take."
>Clearly, coming back was not a risk he should have taken, either.
>Stupidity seems to be rampant no matter where he turns.
"I have been acquiring information on my position in the Galaxy, and investigating a faction that may have ties to my enemies in order to search for a lead so that I can return to the Republic. That time has been spent well, aruetii."
>System scans indicated that his communication systems were still online, but he had not expected to be able to use them.
"The presence of such a communication system was unknown to me. If my own communication systems are compatible, they still need to be correctly set up. With the very limited time I have spent inside this compound, I would not have been able to know of its existence either."
>As much he seems to enjoy pointlessly spelling everything out- not to mention incorrectly- at least it's necessary for the Commando to do the same.
"My objective is the same as it has been all my life, aruetii, to fight the CIS. Returning to where I can fulfill that objective is of the utmost importance, and is being treated as such."
>It's vaguely satisfying to deconstruct his points.
2/?
>>
File: nightops_head.jpg (117 KB, 315x308) Image search: [Google]
nightops_head.jpg
117 KB, 315x308
>>26927018
>Your sudden change in speech draws the man's attention to you for a moment.
>You can almost see the look of confusion under the glowing visor.

>>26927122
>>26927134
>The Clone is mostly unable to see your facial expressions changing as you speak.
>However, once he is pulled up, it becomes much easier for him to look back at you. Like before, you can't tell what his are and subsequently what he may be thinking.
>You do know one thing, though.
>Hearing him mention speak of Clones and Jedi and the CIS is exciting.
>His gaze slowly drifts back to Hodch as you speak. It's impossible to tell what he thinks of you and the pony to his side, but given that you're both saying the same things as he is, it's reasonable to assume he's glad you're there.
>Which is also exciting.
>>
>Post #1/2: Hodch

>>26927018

>Casting a vaguely curious eye in your direction, the deep purple unicorn shifts in a relaxed motion, the edges around his eyes creasing in an unfamiliar manner.
"Familiar with the Zebraics, then? I would personally suggest avoiding Commander Zigri of Tartarus Isle, that is, if he ever returns here. For a pegasus trained in Zebraica, he is not known for acting.. reasonably."
>Letting the biting comment out lightly, Hodch leans down to peer at the rifle's stock, shoulders lifting in a confident shrug.
"I do not care for diplomacy Miss Feathers, I have more pressing concerns at hoof. Were you to be around humans longer than just the past two nights, learn their behaviors, mental states, and their faults, you would consider your actions a bit more carefully."

>Underhoof, something briskly pokes each frog once, startling you a bit.

>>26927122
>>26927134

"Yes, I did."
>Remaining eerily silent until you cease speaking, Hodch slowly turns a flat gaze upon you, the Nightblade's lips pulling together tightly.
"Dante. Have I ever assumed you, or any other humans, to be blatant idiots or fools before now?"
>Lifting a hoof up before you can reply, the unicorn twists his head up and to the side.
"Do not mistake me for somepony that does not understand the dangers that humans pose. I know well how some of your own treat ponies, especially their thoughts on how inferior, weak, unsophisticated, or technologically backwards we supposedly are. So, this one time, I will overlook your lack of rationale towards an artificially gestated human with a distinct lack of median common sense that knows nothing of Tallus."
>Pausing to grit his teeth, Hodch's ears flatten momentarily, his tone dropping icily, eyes narrowing into a malevolent expression.
"The next time you fail to carefully think your words and actions out I will not be so accommodating, nor am I going to forget the fact that Razorback is directly responsible for driving Spiral insane."
>>
>Post #2/2: Hodch

>>26927252
>>26927262
>>26927286

>Leaning even further on the patch of energy, the unicorn takes on an inquisitive, neutral cast.
>Rocking back on his hooves as you finish, Hodch loudly snickers once, twice, then shudders in a quick body motion, full blown laughter immediately following.
>Bending heavily into the purple cloud after a minute, the reservist gives a final guffaw and lifts a hoof, wiping away the accumulated tears from under his eyes
"Well then, that simplifies matters greatly! You are, to put this entire fiasco into perspective rather easily, completely and utterly dead."
>Tapping the backside of a hoof against the DC-17m, a feral grin splits the unicorn's maw, leaning in towards you as his eyebrows raise.
"Well, I should say you are TECHNICALLY dead since nopony and no one knows what happens when one of yours dies on my world, but take this how you may: you aren't in your home galaxy now, wherever that was. In fact, you were killed in your own piece of the multiverse, after that, you were somehow brought here for a reason known to only one being, and she isn't talking. Whatever you were doing before now is utterly irrelevant, Thunder Raven, since you are stuck here until you die."
>Hefting the BlasTech rifle up with the same foreleg, Hodch tosses it into your lap with a short chortle, shaking his head with a satisfied smile.
"Or until something equally drastic happens, whichever comes first. Now that this ridiculous matter has been resolved, I suppose you are free to continue whatever it is you were doing, but I leave you with this warning: do not cause any problems, either with the humans here, it's pony compatriots, or any others that may appear. My station here is difficult enough to keep, and I do not need this added idiocy."
>Turning around in a snappy parade ground one-eighty, the deep purple unicorn glances over his left shoulder, one eyebrow raising and the other lowering in an unreadable motion before tromping off.
>>
>>26927703
>Almost all of what Hodch says falls on deaf ears.
>As soon as he suggests that the Commando is dead, he all but completely stops listening, his attention mainly on trying not to laugh.
>Amazingly, he succeeds. Barely, but his helmet and visor mask any expression or slight noise he fails to suppress.
>His weapons are finally returned, and he is rid of Hodch at long last.
>He was surprised at his knowledge of his rifle...
>Until he remembered that he had the ability to extract any information about a target from...somewhere, the Force is a strange thing, at which point that surprise and any impact it had instantly washed away.
>His points do not matter, and are not worth judging for any merit they may or most likely may not have. It kills Droids and it kills them well, and that's all that needs to be worried about.

>>26927134
>>26927018
>He stands back up and fixes his rifle to his back once again, and picks up his pistol.
>Once Hodch is out of earshot, he descends into almost raucous laughter. It sounds strange; you can hear it partially through his helmet, but also through its speakers.
>It's an odd reaction to the grim news that has just been delivered to him.
>He starts speaking a language completely foreign to the two of you. He seems to have forgotten that you're there.
>Most of what he says is spoken too quickly to pick up on. You only manage to clearly hear snippets of what he says, but only because these are said slowly and with nearly tangible levels of venom.
"Mar'e! Ori'buyce, kih'kovid. ??????"
>It suits his voice eerily well. He sounds almost villainous like this.
"????? ne shab'rud'ni, besom, Mando'ad draar digu."
1/2
>>
>>26926574
>the piercing gaze of the medical mare made Indurian quiver slightly inside
>with a sigh of relief and a slow nod, the knight slowly makes his way over to the indicated bed
>a surge of guilt shot through him as he laid eyes on the resting forms of both the elks he had been so severely beaten for failing
>[Indurian] "Such a disgrace... a smudge upon my honor. Nay, a thick, black spot."
>[Andrammelech] "Oh how i pray it washes out, lest you continually dribble on about honor and chivalry for the remainder of our time in this realm."
>with several grunts, his headache having subsided but little, the knight removed his armor slowly, as his vision slowly returned from its brief vertigo stint
>stripping down to his tunic and breeches and setting his armor down neatly next to the bed, the knight lies down
>soon finding himself growing more and more uncomfortable with the silence and equally unable to sleep, the knight decides to speak up
[Indurian] "I... I have failed them, Lady Tipper. The elks. That is why Lady Twisted had beaten me so."
[Indurian] "I am a knight. It is within my duties of honor and chivalry to hold myself between danger and others. And yet, confronted with such strange sights as castles which fly and odd arcane curiosities, I failed."
[Indurian] "I lost sight of those who most needed my protection. I allowed this to happen, with my negligence. And now, because of my wandering eye, these two are battered, broken, and torn. And I, with my headaches."
[Indurian] "I pray that I may find some way of restoring their trust. Restoring my honor."
[Indurian] "And above all, I wish that I did not need to do either."
>>
>>26928330
>>26927134
>>26927018
>He turns around to face the targets at the end of the firing range, and only then catches a glimpse of you, and then looks back over his shoulder to the pony behind.
>He stays still for a moment, as if you've both intruded on something, before turning to face the two of you. Whatever malice was in his voice is gone, and it has returned to what it sounded like before, almost monotone.
"Thank you both. It's pleasing to see that stupidity may not be a global trait of this world's inhabitants, after all."
>The drastic change in tone is very noticable. It seems that he does not like letting himself get carried away.
>He looks directly at Sunny.
"Even among the "Non-Sentients", as much as that designation doesn't apply on this planet."
>He must not have had a good time with the natives in his two days here.
>He starts to say something beginning with "Your", before stopping himself. Probably asking for your names, and remembering something.
"You may call me RC-One-One-Two-Nine, and ONLY One-One-Two-Nine."
>It's obvious that the name "Thunder Raven" must be the "personal identification" he mentioned. Perhaps linked to his mention of being separated from his "brothers".
"Your names?"
>>
>>26927110
>What a position huh
>Maybe it's worth to find out what makes Tipper tic
"Stories? Interesting. But she going down the long road to alcoholism and with no vents, then I say you're right and it'll be inevitable."
>While listening, Clem was taken by surprise by the Luna's voice in his head
>Constructs
>Unusual vessel
>Estimation of one thousand
>And an unknown variable
>"Oh no. Could it be that same structure? Then I would've caused it."
>Keeping calm, Clem is surprised by Twisted's chuckling
>At least she doesn't seem bothered by it that much
"Ok. Yeah, I heard it. I think so too. Hopefully it doesn't turn worse. Did the Citadel ever get Construct incursions before?"
>>
File: 1457415398115.jpg (158 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457415398115.jpg
158 KB, 640x640
Perfectly tactical.
>>
>>26902915
"That'd be useful. A faster way in and out of the main dig area would help speed things up that come to and from it. Including us."
>It's good to see that he's trying to keep himself busy.

>Cu'Nir gives instructions to the other two joining us, and I decide to add a little detail.
"Ideally, golden cubes will be our way out, and we'll use tracking cubes to find the Shadow Wings, but be warned that things don't like to make sense down there. Either way, make sure you have those in case they don't get mitigated."
>With directions given to Có'caire and Lúfa, I hop on Cu'Nir's back, eager to get to the Fortress and get underway before I have time to start worrying.
>>
>>26928331
>Razorback Fortress, Clinic: Sparking Fleur & Brume Gale

"...I still trust you Indurian."
>Came the hoarse, but unmistakable voice of Sparky, which although was faint did not sound in pain.
>Looking to the Pre-Elk, who was laying on their side but had her head propped up on three pillows, one of her eyes was cracked open as it stared directly at you accompanied with a sincere smile.
"We all make mistakes...like how I blunder your name for a while."
>As she talked more you could hear her throat was dry, however that did not stop her it seemed.
"Looks as if Twisty was not happy finding us like this?"
>Now her tone shifted to concern as her mystic filled eye wondered along your battered body, ears rotating and nose wrinkling with worry.
"She didn't have to hurt you so bad, I'm going to have to talk to her."

>Shifting in the bed next to Sparky, Brume Gale roused as well, quiet brays sneaking out of her mouth as she twitched awake.
"Mmnun-ah, wa -wha where?"

>>26930044
>Unknown Lands: Cu'Nir

>The flight back to the Burg and the nearby Translocation was filled with silence, you could tell Cu'Nir was deep in thought as her purring was subdued with the occasional beak click.
>Checking her wing, it was no longer smoking any fumes.
>>
>>26927614
>>26927703

>Sunny maintained her posture and kept a steady, unwavering gaze on him, most of Hodchs words going through one ear and out the other, marked as irrelevant.
>Until her hooves were poked.
>Extremely rude.
>Paying close attention to his next words, her jaw tightened and ears drooped down subtly for a brief moment before recovering.

>>26928330

>As he left, thank the bright sun, she noted that the clone trooper broke out into laughter and started talking to himself in a language she couldn't recognise.
>His home language? Definitely.
>The venom in his voice was universally understood, though.

>>26928346

>She returned his look quietly, giving almost nothing away with either the obvious body language that was understood by all beings, or the more subtle movements usually made by a pony.
>She might as well have been hiding her own thoughts behind a mask.
>Her posture relaxed suddenly, though, and her wings refolded to her sides.
"Stupid, perhaps, but not without its causes, as he said, there's magic at work that allows him to identify po- people, among other things. That same magic will eventually drive him insane."
>He seemed to fumble with social concepts awkwardly, but he was aware of them.
>Sunny appreciated the brevity anyway.
>She could understand him wanting to be referred to by his number designation rather than his callsign. It must be something akin to a nickname.
>Or something more precious?
>She was staring.
"Sunny, it would have been nice to meet under better circumstances!"
>The last part she shouted in Hodchs general direction, followed by another pointed look.

>>26927122

>Looking back towards the two, she gave a thankful smile at 'Dante'.
"Thanks for talking him down, I was afraid that I'd have to knock him out, and I didn't like the look of my chances either."
>>
>>26930845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyQRP7mcY3M
>the knight regards Sparky with a surprised expression
[Indurian] "I... I thank you, my lady. To be true, I know not just how this is possible. That you would remain trusting, despite what has happened."
[Indurian] "Any human would more quickly shun and berate one such as myself for a failure of this kind. And yet you show kindness through the pain. It is... inspiring."
>the knight heaves a sigh, turning his gaze back towards his never-ending staring contest with the ceiling
[Indurian] "'Tis not the first time, either, I am much ashamed to admit."
[Indurian] "I was once a talented and well-respected knight, you see. Lord's Pet, some would call me. I found myself all at once nearing the status of my old Knight-Captain - the very man who taught me everything I knew, and the same man I once served."
[Indurian] "In the midst of these swirling events I found myself caught - climbing the ranks, as if I rose upon a sentient ladder. Until all at once, everything changed. Nay, I am afraid, very much for the worse..."
>the knight lay still for a moment, eyes closed in reflection, before inhaling slowly and continuing, eyes still fixated on the ceiling
[Indurian] "I had a daughter, you see. Celene, my fair maiden, who seems so far away now, never would agree to allowing our daughter, our princess, an opportunity to try her hand with blade and buckler. Oft I would find our darling Lillianne spying upon me as I exercised and trained - ever the troublemaker. I knew then that her interest in the art of swordplay would forever far outstrip her interest in the other, more feminine pursuits. For this, above all else, I adored her."
[Indurian] "For many years I pleaded with my fair lady Celene to allow our daughter even the most minute practice. I had even gone as far as to cobble a small wooden blade for her to use. Still, no matter my pleading and begging, that stubborn, pig-headed, wonderful woman refused."
>(1/???)
>>
>>26930845
>>26931221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuuhRrRQZo
[Indurian] "'Tis much too dangerous for a young maiden to be tossed into a battle - trained or no,' Celene would say. In truth, I should have heeded her words."
[Indurian] "...I trained little Lillianne myself. In secret. Truly, she had inherited much from me - she was quite talented. I recall that once, she had even managed to injure my arm. How proud I had been of her then."
[Indurian] "Watching and experiencing her youthful energy filled my heart with such joy that I can scarcely describe it. Those years had been many of the best years of my service to the throne - her seemingly endless sense of zest towards the everyday and mundane had given me an energy I had not felt in nearly a decade."
[Indurian] "Upon her fifteenth brithday, being considered worthy of independence at length, Celene had finally relented."
[Indurian] "'I have seen you two - do not think that I haven't! All of these years, ye doth sleuth and slither about behind my back, teaching our daughter those deadly ways, while I attempt to show her how to cook and clean!' She turned her gaze to Lillianne, then, a soft yet displeased look of defeat upon her graceful visage. She said 'Yae, indeed, I have known, my darling. I know of your wants. And I dread that as your mother... I feel I must respect them.'"
[Indurian] "Twas not the end of it between myself and she, surely, however despite the volume and fury of Celene and I's following discourse, I had never felt such happiness. My darling Lillianne, throwing herself with glee into my own large footprints, as one would jump from stone to stone in a river."
[Indurian] "I had placed her into squireship, serving my own former teacher, the Knight-Captain whom I had spoken of previously. Oft would I hear word of her progress - it seemed she was becoming a fine warrior."
>(1/???)
>>
>>26930845
>>26931221
>>26931575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vBTizLUTs8
[Indurian] "And one day, whilst resting in my tent, the rain pouring down upon it in some attempt to wash away the spirits of my company - at this time I had been placed in command of a small band of soldiers, you see - a messenger, soaked to the skin and suffering from severe nasal dilemmas, delivered a message. It bore the seal of my liege himself."
[Indurian] "The letter instructed me and my men to travel several miles further afield - beyond enemy borders - and to await the arrival of a second group of soldiers."
[Indurian] "Laboriously and ever cautiously, my men and I did as instructed. Eventually we had joined the second group as planned, and what I discovered filled me with a strange mixture of fierce pride and sickening dread - my own daughter, my darling Lillianne, bearing a sigil of command, such as mine."
[Indurian] "Not one had informed me of my daughter's rank - I had hoped she would rise quickly, and in spite of these hopes still I had not anticipated such an appointment in merely a decade of service."
[Indurian] "Of course we embraced and caught up with the time we had lost. As she had put it, she had earned her command following the recent and lengthy Battle of Hawthorne Keep - quite literally a struggle for the survival of the northern lines against a large-scale sea landing, and unprecedented tactical move by our enemies, the Ordallians."
[Indurian] "She had reinforced what few tales I had heard of the fight - a gruesome and blood-filled affair, soldiers perishing by the tens seemingly at every turn. The battle surely would have been lost, the fortress seized and a weakness in the Ivalician north line exposed, had it not been for my daughter's keen aim and, as she had put it, 'luck.'"
>(3/???)
>>
>>26927614
>We think that...ponies are inferior?
>Where the hell did he think that?
>I mean, sure, they don't have our levels of tech, but we're literally from the futures of our worlds.
>So it's not a bad thing, it just -is-.
>Besides, if it -was- true, why do I have this twinblade on my back.
>How did Hodch go from being a decent pony in a day...to immidiately trying to detain a human?
>Somethin' ain't right here...
>Shaking my head as he parades off, I sigh in frustration.
>If this is how all of them feel, Razorback's in a bad way.
>>26928346
"I wouldn't say stupidity is a global trait. More like a serious case of 'Head-up-ass' on the more...delicate types."
>I shrug.
"Okay. Kinda weird name...but, I'm sure you have your reasons."
>Oh.
>Oh dear.
>He's asking my name.
>An honest to god clone trooper is asking my name.
>Okay, stay calm, you can do this.
"Dante. As you've heard Hodch say multiple times."
>Just speaking his name reminds me of how sudden his personality one-eightied, much like his snapturn that he did as he left.
>My brows furrow as I remember the strange laughter and words from 1129 after Hodch left.
"Hey, what was so funny before, after Hodch left? I'm afraid I can't see the joke."
>>26930861
"Eh, no problem. To tell the truth, I really didn't want to fight him anyway. Dealing with a spell-slinging unicorn that's teleporting all over the place is an incredible pain to deal with."
>A large sigh escapes me, as I look off to the direction Hodch left.
"Though, I wasn't expecting him to suddenly snap at 1129 here like that. He seemed like a cool guy..."
>>
>>26931891
>>26931575
>>26931221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH_ugEcFw5k
>there is a long pause in the story as the head trauma once again worked its way back to the forefront of the knight's mind
[Indurian] "Ah... f-forgive me, I... the pain is too-"
>the knight then appears to space out completely for several minutes, until finally he continued, only now in a much deeper voice, one which Sparky recognized
[Andrammelech] "Forgive the knight. This injury pains us both. Even I am experiencing difficulty. However, my tolerance is quite a bit greater than his."
[Andrammelech] "I shall endeavor to finish the knight's tale. However, I may only do so through recounting, as I see them, his memories. I cannot read them as completely as he, however."
[Andrammelech] "Nevertheless, I shall do my best to convey his memories."
>another long silence as the daemon appears to be assembling the proper information
[Andrammelech] "Before him: a young woman, bearing scars of war. His daughter... yes. A tent. Discussion of orders."
[Andrammelech] "Grim news, his daughter bears. His wife, caught by strange illness. A great sorrow."
[Andrammelech] "Now, there is a cave. A sense of imminent danger, and of duty. Their objective, I should say."
[Andrammelech] "Black. Musty. Filthy. And then, at once, conflagration. Soldiers. Arrows. Fire. A great deal of flame. Flee! Escape!"
[Andrammelech] "Alive. Deceived. Ambush, laid for us all. A name: Horace. A terrible anger. Quite delicious, If I may say so..."
[Andrammelech] "Lillianne? Missing? Nay... arrow. Sacrifice, and pain. Anger. So much anger... Vengeance."
>the daemon then lets out a small sigh
[Andrammelech] "...and this is what I have been able to gather. These memories are well guarded. Perhaps you might ask the knight to continue, once this malady has passed."
>then the daemon rolls away from the elks entirely
[Andrammelech] "Now I must rest as well. It pains me yet to speak."
>(4/4)
>>
>Razorback Fortress, Clinic: Sparking Fleur & Brume Gale

>>26931221
>Her smile broadened, and with some efforts from her frail body nudged herself so both blue illuminated eyes could see you clearly.
"Because we're friends Indurian."
>The sheer honestly she spoke with took you aback, despite the injuries that plagued her and you.
>Sensing you were about to air out your grievances, Sparky hooked the pillows with an antler to raise them up, that way her numb head could be positioned to observe you.

>Ears perked at your revelation of having a daughter, and glancing over to the bed next to hers, Fleur saw Brume too was now listening, although her passive expression was the opposite to her own.

>>26931891
>>26931575
>The two druids shared a glance again, each of them feeling the atmosphere in the Clinic change as you spiraled on.

>>26932297
>Shaking her head slowly, it was Sparking Fleur's turn to be confused by your open courtesy.
"Indurian don't be-"
>Cut off by the new voice of Andrammelech, the Pred-Elks voice cracked, forcing her to whisper due to dehydration.
"A-alight."
>Sparky's features turned more grave as the possessive entities' recounting went on, and by the end of it all she was lost for words, both leaving herself and Brume to silently experience a new more subtle emotion.
>Mustering through the burning parch of her throat, Fleur could only say one word before she was rendered quiet also.
"...Okay..."
>>
>Post #1/2: Foggy Patches: Empire Spa & Hooficure

>>26350659

>Somehow managing to stay mostly asleep through a series of light, steadfast pokes to the face, mostly centered on the cheeks and eyebrows however, recognition of slight urgency finally dawns.
>Pulled from a refreshingly long sleep, the first object within your considerably limited visual range was a pair of decidedly foggy filly eyes, quickly shifting to the side as her tone turns from happy to apprehensive.
"You're finally up. I was getting wor- um.. you're.. ..nevermind."
>Finding yourself still lying on the same spa bed and in the same room as before, only this time without the intense fog, the lighting had been dimmed to a very low, comfortable level.
>Stepping back, Patches flicks her now groomed, crosswoven tail to the right in a prim manner, looking quite uncomfortable judging by living up to her namesake, a host of stretchy white silk bandages plastered across her hide, several smaller ones dotting her face.
"The... pretty red mare asked me to wake you up and give you this."
>Nudging her left wing towards you with a wince, an amusingly leaf shaped note is held out for you to take, Foggy prepares to sit down, winces once more, then settles for staring into the hot water in foalish annoyance.
>>
>Post #2/2: Foggy Patches: Empire Spa & Hooficure

>>26350659

>Opening the note, Belltower's normally scrawled batpony runes had improved considerably, though quickly went back to it's usual quick slash-like text, including characteristic half-written words and a lack of sentence ending periods:
"Sorry to th- put thi- hang it all on you like this Jeff, but I need a break"
"I can't al- deal with Twisted anymore. I'm tired of avoiding her, worried about her a- how much time I spend with her, and I'm ne- always stressed out about how much shi- trouble being around her is causing me"
"I don't know what I'm going to do right now, but I need to take some time, figure out what in Ta- is wrong. I'll b- come back soon, I promise"
"P.S. I broke into the locker and ga- nevermind that, I asked Patches to give special to you"
>Directly underneath was a sentence of precise batpony runes, complete with flourishes of small hearts and flowers:
"P.P.S. I left my hooflet, but I will be back for it. -Malyne"

>Turning back to give a thoroughly unconvincing nose wiggle of curiousity, Patches glances to her right side, the wing extending and claws opening to reveal a carved, bright green emerald apple.
"Belltower said I have to give this to you.. or else she was going to take me to a clinic."
>>
File: mhl1hGql.jpg (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
mhl1hGql.jpg
32 KB, 640x400
>>26927212

>Pareidolia taps his boots against the floor as he waits for the Remnant's response

>The Nightmare's personal ownership?
>Offer against her bargain?

>He furrows his brow and shakes his head.

"I cannot counter her bargain. I rescind my offer."

>If she still has the Citadel under her control without allowing for Razorback admittance, then she must not believe it's necessary...
>Hopefully that Council can rally some sort of coordinated defense, even without any standard procedures.
>What is the Construct's objective?

>He looks down the corridor as he steps into the center of the matrix.
>Looking down briefly at the space where the floating runes at congregated, he asks:

"Do I have passage to Razorback Fortress, which I had just entered the runes for?"

>She wouldn't have dragged me to a portal I'm locked out from, would she?
>...
>>
File: 104.jpg (64 KB, 540x739) Image search: [Google]
104.jpg
64 KB, 540x739
>>26933190
>>26933309
1/4
>Poke. Poke. Poke.
>That was what Jeff felt on his face every few seconds, as he tried to cling onto sleep.
>...
>That's it, he can't take any more of that shit.
>Making a whine or annoyed groan, at each assault, he finally stirs awake.
>Expecting Malyne, he's greeted by a patched up... Foggy Patches, instead.
"I'm up. a Hoof massage will do that to me..."
>He groggily, though relaxed and refreshed, lifts himself up and stretches on the bed. Free of his armor and other equipment gave the Startborn an almost weightless feeling.
>As if something was missing from himself, internally, but he couldn't put a finger on it.
>He silently watches the bat foal shift around awkwardly, as she produces a leaf-shaped letter from herself and offers it to him.
>Taking the leaflet, Jeff begins reading as he yawns... only for his eyes to snap open in confusion.
>Mouth parting in silent alarm, he reads the letter through once.
>Then twice.
>Then a third time.
>After the fourth, confirming Belltower's chicken scratch and Malyne's impeccable penmanship, Jeff takes the green gemmed apple. Mouth reasonably agape in shock, at this point.
>Letting in a deep breath, Jeff exhales loudly as he lets this sudden turn of events settle in.
>Murmuring under his breath, for some time, he cracks a sarcastic smile, as he stands up from the bed, now only garnered in pants he wore under his armor.
"She couldn't even say goodbye..."
>>
File: 1389493029391.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1389493029391.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>26934195
2/4
>Sighing outwardly, once more, Jeff looks down at the bandaged bat foal and cocks his head to the side.
"Well, I guess that's it, for now. Let's... just get back to the Fortress, I guess..."
>His facade dropped quickly as he walked to the locker room, with his things, hidden from the foal.
>Had things really been that bad for Bell, at Razorback?
>He trusted her to be fine. Maybe he shouldn't have been so lax with his judgement
>It's just some time away. She'll be back, they both will be. She just needs to figure out what to do about everything.
>His internal reassurance wasn't helping him, the least bit.
>Entering the locker room, Jeff first off notices the jimmied locker door.
>Opening it with ease, he notices Malyne's hooflet on top of his bag before anything else, and picks it up to give it a look-over.
>She willingly left it, which means they don't want him looking for them.
>A fair assumption, he guesses.
>Pulling his pack out, to grab his armor, Jeff notices something missing that was draped from his pack.
>Panic setting in, he looks over his other articles.
>Then through his pack, uncaring of Foggy Patches' current state of his well-being.
>Speed sorting his pack, Jeff drops the bag and slams his palms against the adjacent lockers.
"She took them... Why would she take them?!"
>>
>>26934214
3/4
>She had to be fucking kidding him!
>His phantom rags, Nightblade Pendant, Risk, and the token Folusani had given him were gone.
>But why?!
>Closing his eyes, Jeff tries to contemplate a reasonable solution... only to find out he can't.
>Odd. Normally, he's been able to clear his head prety easily.
>Pushing off the lockers and scanning his things, he instead breaks down the significance of each item.
>Between Risk, the pendant, and the rags would have given Belltower all the evasive action she would have needed.
>Probably slipped through the Empire, without a single soul knowing.
>The token could be used for an emergency, and Risk also doubled as a self-defense weapon.
>Smirking to himself, at her resourcefulness, he switches to a disappointed frown.
>She did steal... quite a few useful items from him.
>Now he was down a weapon, and most of his Void-centric equipment.
"Way to leave me high and dry, Bell."
>He'll have to find something else, or have Krinza forge him a new knife.
>Pondering his option, Jeff quietly dons his armor, pack and gear.
>He was sick of the Empire, all of the sudden.
>Looking over at Foggy Patches, Jeff gives her a 'follow' motion and begins heading back to the foyer.
"Not exactly a good way to start off the night."
>Completely ignoring any crystal ponies, or any ponies for that matter, Jeff walks over to the translocation stone and punches in the coordinates for Razorback.
>>
File: 1392362577371.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1392362577371.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>26934239
Razorback Fortress: Pagoda

4/4
>Exiting the portal and into the pagoda, Jeff's somewhat hopeful face had fallen hard during the trip back.
>What if they both never come back?
>Bell took enough equipment to sustain herself, indefinitely.
>Or if that, stay hidden for a long time.
>Blinking the thought out of his head, he heads toward the... his bat... his house.
>And a fucking apple... he can't even eat.
>And Foggy Patches.
>All for himself, now.
>Looking down at the foal in question, for a moment, Jeff radios to Mercy over his headset.
*"Mercy, it's Jeff. Can you look after Foggy Patches for a bit? The batfoal that came in with the group, yesterday. I need to... take care of some private matters. I owe you your remaining blades, anyway."*
>Cutting the channel, Jeff looks at the bandaged foal, half-heartedly and a little downtrodden.
"I'm sorry for dumping you, Foggy, but I have to take care of some things, if Belltower isn't going to be here. Will you be alright with Mercy for a bit? She's the stark white pegasus, that coughs a lot."

>Taking the comforting silence of night-time Razorback, Jeff is suddenly assaulted by Luna's voice in his head.
>What was that about constructs... attacking the Citadel?
>Like this night couldn't get any worse...
>Despite his current predicament, he couldn't help but respond to the night princess.
>*'Luna, it's Jeff. I can be there in... ten minutes if needed.'*
>Untapping from the moon orb, Jeff just stops in his tracks and looks up at the moon for a bit and routinely sighs out his confused frustration.
>'Fate. If you exist, you can fuck right off.'
>>
>Pandemonium Fortress Two: The Wrecktoning

>>26855068

>Receiving a burst of jumbled green letters tripping over themselves angrily in front of your face, the text becomes an unrecognizable mass as you pass through them, although something told you that non-spoken words shouldn't be so... loud.

>As you walk, deep within your consciousness the concept of a plot line begins to form:
>If one were to take a thin, long piece of colored paper and roll from one edge to the other until it forms a perfect roll, glue the roll's ends, and then flatten it until it became a line, you would have the perfect plot line..
>It was either the former, almost exhausting burst of logic or the drug-induced mental state that caused you to fail noting any the specifics of the tower, though an odd piece of brown fabric on the handle of what seemed to be a sliding door catches your eye.
>Walking up he ramp to the door and reaching out to poke it experimentally, like what any other sane human would do, everything seems to go wrong in a split second.
>First, a wall of happily meowing kittens slams into your face, the terrible softness both caressing and worrying with the sudden lack of air.
>Second, it was becoming quite clear that the kitty wave wasn't ending for some time soon, judging by the merry cacophony of meows.
>Third, the force of several thousand kittens hurls you back down the ramp, and with the newfound worry of crushing all the cats that you could not possibly hold, an unlucky savior in the form of a now terribly painful backpack cushions part of the fall.
>Fourth, you were now drowning in kittens, so, all possible events considered, it wasn't -that- terrible a way to die.
>>
>>26868183

>Left eye popping open, a vaguely greenish, or perhaps red, possibly even a strange pink coloration, it was fairly hard to tell in the low light, swivels back and forth around you, then rotates up.
"Mmmm?"
>Visibly unconcerned by your appearance, though it was more likely she was too lazy to care, the mare's flick, angling her head up several inches to sniff in your direction.
>Setting her chin down on the comfortably pile of cloth, a short, negative seeming nose wiggle is given in response, the young, somewhat bubbly voice unfamiliar to you.
"No, I've only seen humans a couple times in the past year. You might have met my sister in Canterlot, she has a bread stand like this-"
>Gaze flicking down at the lacquered surface momentarily, considerably more awake now.
"Next to the train station in front of the castle. I hear she moved into the military district after Celestia sneezed a little too hard and everything became all melty though."
>>
>>26901371
>'Nigga it's just food, you don't have to inhale it.'
"No problem, not like there's a point in cooking food other than for people to eat it."
>Continuing his meal, Kraut only stops to chuckle at Bright's imperonation of... something that Mist Dancer apparantly did.
"Wait, so Mist changed her face at you or something like that? Eh, weirder's happened before. I guess two questions that come to mind are why did they wrap you in bandages for supposed hallucinations, and why were you going to the Everfree?"
>After finishing his meal and giving Bright a "You're welcome," Kraut almost gets up but is interrupted by two more pred-elk entering the mess hall.
"Hold fast until I count down from three with my fingers, I think I have an idea on keeping them from finding you."
>Giving his little command quietly, Kraut gets up and greets the pred-elk shortly after they're through the door.
1/2
>>
>>26934796
"Welcome you two! Good timing, I just whipped up some of the best cooking I've done yet, come have a seat."
>While he leads them to a table away from Bright and gets their meals ready, Kraut starts thinking of what he could do to further hamper the pred-elks ability to catch Bright.
>'Think think think... I don't have any weed to try to slip in some how, painkillers probably wont work, maybe I can get morphine into them? Wait, that may work.'
>'Yes, I have the perfect way to not be suspicious.'
>After bringing them their food, Kraut slaps the back of his neck as if swatting at something.
"Ah, damn mosquitos, I swear their bigger than usual this year... anyways, enjoy your food!"
>Removing himself from the elk's field of view, Kraut gets two morphine "mosquitos" from his pouch and prepares to do something dumb.
[1d6]E. Stealth
[1d6]
[1d6]
>He then moves towards his targets and casually walks behind them under the hustle and bustle of the mess hall, poking them with the "mosquitos" as he passes by.
[1d6]E. Medicine
[1d6]
[1d6]
>Once he's out of the way again and he's certain the pred-elk won't look back towards Bright's table or the door, Kraut counts down from 3 to signal Bright to leave before leaving himself after Bright's out the door.
>>
>>26890719

>Spinning around in midstep and walking backwards a few paces, the Cultist offers what he hoped to be a sufficiently dirty look.
"After killing one of this city's Royal Guard tonight I'm having a LITTLE trouble determining whom is or is NOT honorable, so excuse me for being a paranoid git at the moment."
>Spinning about to continue on past the receptionist, a moderate to severely confused look is shot at the horned pony at roughly the same time he stops, both hands brought up in a 'whoa' motion.
"Wait wait wait.. I remember saying to some pony in armor that I wanted to send for.. whatever that pony's name was that came to Duo's mansion an hour later, which.. which means the pony I wanted is most likely you. And, you're at least half an hour early-"
>Cutting himself off, both hands lift, the first two fingers pressing into his temples roughly, Corsen takes in a relaxing, tired breath, his voice wavering somewhere between 'not cracked up' and 'losing it fast' levels of madness.
"Listen strange tasting pony, this is not a good time, I can feel THINGS watching me from somewhere, am in severe withdrawals right now, and there is a need to get my hands on every drug that'll fit in my pockets before I lose it completely and end up murderfucking every cactus within ten clicks, so if you would rather not be here then leave quickly and don't look back."
>Having calmed himself to a reasonable degree, both twitching hands are jammed into respective pockets, turning his head to survey the room.. then instantly freezes in mix of fear, heightened paranoia, and helped along with a hefty dose of shock.
>"They're all staring.. at me. No, into me? Why are they staring inside m- WHY DID I COME HERE AGAIN?"
[1d20] <Warp Whispers
>>
File: 1443196031820.jpg (493 KB, 1076x1600) Image search: [Google]
1443196031820.jpg
493 KB, 1076x1600
>>26934543

>Nope.
>Nothing, he was getting nothing.
>It must of been long ago.
>Years even.
>Maybe her sister saw humans when they first arrived on Tallus, where Celly escorted everyone onto the train.
>Lonts spine shivered instinctively, his body recollecting how long their train ride took.
>But in all honestly he could not recall seeing anypony other than the Guards, the train crew, Celestia and her glorious rear.
"Sorry, I cannot remember your sister. I will however be visiting Canterlot soon, give me her name and yours, if you don't mind?"
[1d6+2] E.Speech
[1d6+2]
[1d6+2]

>After giving her a 100Bit coin and a goodnight-goodbye (as well as an inviting wink), Lont returned his attention to road ahead.
>Namely, the building(s) that would designate which one the Lorekeepers were stationed in.
[1d6] E.Scouting
[1d6]
[1d6]
[1d6+1] >H.E
>>
>>26930861
>As you appear to relax, 1129 seems to do the same. Due to the bulkiness of his armour, the change in body language only amounts to some slight slumping of the shoulders at most.
>You manage to induce a short round of chuckling, which may be more of an achievement than it sounds, given his attempts to keep focused and calm in his speech.
"So Force sensitivity may be the cause after all. Here's hoping I don't come across any Force-sensitive Wookiees in my time."
>He quickly goes back to looking and sounding mostly serious, but his voice doesn't have quite the edge it did before.
>It's still there, but doesn't sound as severe. Maybe dulling it is the most than can be done when he's focused on not letting himself slip.
>That little piece of conversation seems to have lifted his spirits a bit.
"I have had better introductions."
1/2
>>
File: tumblr_nc3blgs4d61tlkd2yo4_500.jpg (25 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc3blgs4d61tlkd2yo4_500.jpg
25 KB, 500x313
>>26931985
>>26935295
>He hesitates for a moment before responding.
>Maybe he didn't quite understand your description. Considering how formally he speaks, that's a possibility.
"Then I've had the unfortunate experience of encountering a number of delicate individuals. At least you two prove that not everyone on this planet suffers in the same way."
>He turns around and points over his shoulder at his pack.
"There is nothing strange about an identification number, aruetii."
>Must have been gesturing towards the display on it. That explains the number.
"That's my name, and that's all the reason that is required."
>It seems as if he's forgotten that both you and Sunny heard his nickname.
>Or maybe he's actively trying to forget or ignore that you did.
>As he turns back around, the unwavering stern gaze of his helmet gives a daunting impression, as if he's telling you to forget it through staring.
>Until you remember that the face underneath could have any kind of expression on it.
2/3 because goddamned character limits
>>
File: RC-1262Scorch.jpg (511 KB, 576x1058) Image search: [Google]
RC-1262Scorch.jpg
511 KB, 576x1058
>>26931985
>>26935295
>>26935302
>He nods after you introduce yourself, and slowly extends his hand out to you. He's almost tentative in doing so, as if it's a gesture he only just learned.
"A number of things. His use of the Force to extract knowledge about me and my gear, and then attempt to make them seem pitifully weak."
>Speaking of, his pistol's still in his hand. He looks over to the targets again, and as you follow his gaze, you see that one of them has a few scorch marks on it.
"But mostly trying to tell me that I'm dead. I didn't exactly expect him to speak the entire truth, but surely you see the flaws in trying to tell somebody that they're dead, when speaking to them face-to-face, aruetii."
>Whatever "aruetii" is, he's been directing it both to Hodch and to you and Sunny.
>Either he's been secretly insulting you both or he wasn't speaking as offensively to Hodch as much as he probably would have liked to.
>Being unable to see his face makes identifying which possibility is true very difficult.
>Getting a read on somebody's personality has rarely been this tricky.
3/3
>>
>>26935302
>I shrug, idly scratching at the stubble on my face.
"Yeah...you'll get used to it. Not everyone has a serious set of standards they adhere to...ponies -and- humans alike."
>Strange how he likes using an identification number.
>Then again, he is a motherfucking clone trooper.
>So there's that.
>As he mentions the fact of death, I freeze up.
>He...doesn't think it's true?
>I mean, he had a first row seat to it, you'd think that he'd be a bit more believing.
>That, and mistaking the Force for psychokinesis.
>Though, that's likely the closest thing he can draw parallels from.
>Still deep in thought, I extend my hand into his as more of a reflex, and shake it firmly.
>Still, he doesn't seem to want to recognize that.
>Though, there is one thing I could try to do...
>Letting go of the commando's hand (I'm never washing it again), I look down range.
"Er...yeah...well, it's kind of hard to explain, and I'm not sure that you'd understand...but...well, just find me if you find any abnormal markings on your skin from being on Tallus. And if you have any questions about life here, or any of the surrounding areas, don't hesitate to ask, alright? Also..."
>I lift a finger and point down range towards the target with scorch marks.
"Were you taking some potshots at the targets down range? And would you mind giving me a demonstration?"
>Oh please, please, please let me see an honest to god blaster fire.
>That would be so goddamn cool.
>>
>Post #1/2: Shanis & Roust: (A) Frost Ripper

>>26926743

>'As much as I enjoy the extra calories, most of my fellow mares have become quite perturbed at h- owch owch owch! ...at her cooking habits.'
>Long ears flick once, becoming a dark green, then sprouting tufts as Roust's unarmored body stretches, all four of her oddly mutated wings collapsing into themselves and shortening into fuzz covered batpony wings, completed by sprouting double sets of claws, though two on the right and on the left were blunted.
>Quickly shaking herself off, and taking a moment to examine her physical modifications, the somewhat splotchy purple and red batling manages to roll her eyes at the imperfect shapeshift, also sending a further command to her dismally slow living armor, now barely halfway up the tunnel.
>'Agreed.. Shanis reports that the sphere is ignoring her.. I quote: 'the kind of stomping I give Sweet when her ass cramps, you know, the one where I-'
>'...nevermind. And here I thought everything Twisted said could be taken out of context. For the moment I think I'm best suited to distracting it, likely from the west since there is nothing out there. As for a single Frost Ripper, I would rate it to be the equal of any three alicorns.'
>'That also includes the Empress-in-exile.'

>Leaping in the air and flitting off towards the barrier, you're left with... a rather jumbled mess of wires magnet-locked across the 155MM shell, and a strangely out of place, terribly tacky red LED timer/display pressed lopsidedly into the C4.
>Briefly calling forth a memory of an incredibly puzzled Naliyna placing munitions into every crate that would fit before moving them, it takes roughly half a minute to sort through the slapped together components.
>>
>Post #2/2: Shanis & Roust: (A) Frost Ripper

>>26926743

>Finally rigging the C4 to the shell as the the main detonation component, and leaving the tacky red display on for amusement qualities, it appeared that there were neither mechanical nor electrical faults, except for the possibility that the adhoc detonator's batteries could be dead.

>In the middle of forming a shell for two of the ice chunks to hurl, Roust's mental overplay places the Frost Ripper's pattern of movement on a near-direct intercept course to you, having moved a startling 250M closer without much sound.
>'Hollow, pay a little more attention here! That... that thing is not as stupid as it might seem-'
[1d6+4] <B.Shapeshift: Refine Batpony
[1d6+4]
[1d6+8] <E.Psionicism: Shield
[1d6+8]
[1d6+8]

>Immediately passing Shanis' vision to your awareness, the Mercenary Queen snarls in a sinister manner, the forethoughts of her mind becoming a blood-soaked, hazy red, followed by the blurry image of her snowsuit covered front hooves landing on the large sphere, the edges of her serrated steel blades flashing into focus with an oddly pale luster to them.
>'-UT YOU OPEN AND GUT YOU LIKE A SEABASS YOU CUNTING WHORE FA-'

[1d6+1] <E.Penetrating Strikes
[1d6+3] <E.Scouting
[1d6+3]
[1d6+3]
[1d6+7] <E.Enhanced Flight
[1d6+7]
[1d6+7]
[1d6+8] <M.Bladesmare
[1d6+8]
[1d6+8]
[1d6+8]
>>
>>26930845
>It seems that while I'm trying to actively avoid thinking, Cu'Nir's doing little else.
>That draws my attention for a little while, until I notice she's not trailing smoke any more.
>Did it stop corroding only now?
>I should feel happy that it's stopped, but the fact it went on until now doesn't make me feel any better at all.
>>
File: Sunny and her bag of hiding.jpg (107 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
Sunny and her bag of hiding.jpg
107 KB, 500x358
>>26931985

>Noticing that one Dante was barely keeping some form of excitement in check, Sunny figured she was the third wheel here.
>Time to disappear.
"I'm sure Hodch just needs to find some fillies to fuck with 'great destructive power'."
>Her response was delivered with a deadpan expression and a muttered phrase of Pegasi.
>It didn't sound like a compliment.

>>26935295

>Sunny briefly looks down range with an appraising look, muttering yet another phrase in Pegasi, clearly impressed.
"Nice shot grouping."
>While both humans attention were turned away from her, she quietly backed off and left them to their conversation.
>Finding a spot to vanish was simple enough, leaving little evidence that she was ever there.

[1d6+7] < E. Stealth
[1d6+7]
[1d6+7]

>Her day had started with quite a bit of damage control, and first impression were lasting ones.
>And currently, her impression was that those in command had far less discipline than she expected.
>Though her expectations were always high. Perhaps she needed to loosen up more.
>Maybe she was wrong to expect military stricture, though she also knew that she couldn't help herself.
>She thought over current events in an offhooved way as she made her way back to the library

>>26934389

>And snickered at an unfortunate who'd fallen prey to one of Discords party favors and was now probably experiencing death by kitten.
>There were worse ways to go.
>Settling back down in the library, hiding in a corner with a book of Earth Pony language 101, the mare set to work.

[1d6+6] < Research
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]

80/200
1/8
>>
>>26935372
"I hope for my sake that I will, aruetii."
>There's traces of something between disappointment and irritation in his voice after the mention of a lack of global standards.
>Well-trained, it seems.
"So it's true for the rest of the planet as well."
>He says, apparently more to himself than to you. Must have had a bad impression of whatever he's seen of Tallus' forces in the time he's been here.
"Still, you're both more intelligent than him, so there may still be individuals capable of fulfilling Mandalorian standards. Perhaps there is still hope."
>It's unclear whether or not he's referring to Hodch or somebody else.
>What is clear is the name "Mandalorian". You're not face to face with any old Clone Trooper, whichever kind this one is, he was raised as a damn Mandalorian.
>This just keeps getting better and better. Not that the same can be said for him.
1/?
>>
>>26935372
>>26935888
>He doesn't inquire about your hesitation, or the topic you fail to explicitly speak about.
"That will take time, aruetii. It's going to be a while before I can get this armour off again."
>Now that he mentions it, you take another look at the armour.
>It's heavily dented in many places, especially the torso, and there are many cracks running through parts of it. It's mostly intact, but in awful shape.
>Aside from its damage, its shape draws your attention.
>His helmet doesn't have the fin that ARC Troopers do, but he's definitely not a standard rank-and-file Clone Trooper, either.
"Yes. My weapons are also damaged: testing is required to identify priority areas of repair."
>His response comes a little slower than usual. As much as your previous indications seem to have missed him, he's definitely picked up on your enthusiasm now.
>And again, it's impossible to tell what he thinks.
>He hesitates for a moment. He might be thinking that you could potentially take information from seeing his weapons in action that should not be in your hands.
>What danger that would pose to the Republic, however, is negligible.
>He seems to think the same thing, and turns to face the targets. You see that his rifle is attached to his back underneath the large pack. There's another display on it, which currently says "000".
>It's also blue.
>The Republic really seems to like glowing blue.
"If you wish, aruetii."
2/?
>>
>>26935793
>>26935897
>He looks to you as you appraise his earlier marksmanship.
"It's not much compared to how it operates in pristine condition."
>And back to being very matter-of-fact.

>He takes aim at the same target, and fires a few shots downrange, not noticing Sunny leaving.
[1d6+1]<B. L. Energy Weapons
[1d6+1]
>With each pull of the trigger comes not a bang like the guns most members of Razorback carry, but a noise that's much harder to describe.
>Sounds like a zap of electricity in some ways. To be honest, it sounds kind of weak, but it is merely a blaster pistol after all.
>>
>>26935793

>The box was still there...
>What even /is/ he?

[1d6+6] < Research
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]

112/200
2/8
>>
>Doctor Tipper

>>26928331
>>26930845
>>26932297
>>26932958

>While listening through Indurian's thoughts, then the Zodiac daemon's, Tipper settles on giving Brume Gale and Sparking Fleur a single dose of dampener, then followed by a diluted half-dose of regeneration.
>Deciding that the use of the surgical suite was unnecessary and would likely cause isolation problems for both of the predelk, the doctor gives each one a confident, gentle nose-to-nose rubbing session before allowing them to sleep.
>Directing her stripped Honor Guard saddlepack back to it's resting position, Tipsy placidly sways back to her desk, popping open the top left hoof drawer and nosing through it, retrieving a single needle of morphine.
>Returning to Indurian, without presenting the uncomfortable medical device, the mythraline helmet is carefully removed to examine his face.
>Satisfied at the lack of damage while mentally cursing Twisted out at the same time, the needle is tapped into under a careful ministrating hoof into Indurian's neck, finally removed after a bit to ensure dosage wasn't lethal, patting the knight to sleep with a gentle forehoof.

>Assuming a haughty, professional face, Doctor Tipper turns to size up her next challenge, the aquamarine Crystal mare sitting up and sneering in her direction, the antagonizing image causing her blood to boil.
[Kingdom Crystal Pony] "I am duty bound to warn you, noblemare, that I have murdered no less than two hundred of your kin while they were awake. By all means, I insist that you resist me.. but should you fail, you will be my personal mare slave for the coming year."
>Striding freely into the clinic's center aisle, the aged pink mare rolls her front hooves on the floor in a circle to pop them into place, molten silver eyes narrowing as Elusine grins her assent.
[Kingdom Crystal Pony] "If you think of your blood-soaked hooves so highly clinician, then the honor-bound progeny of the Ametrina lineage accepts your challenge. En garde!"
>>
File: [Barely Contained Panic].png (187 KB, 426x526) Image search: [Google]
[Barely Contained Panic].png
187 KB, 426x526
>>26936111

>One man could not possibly remain hidden in a box for so long...

[1d6+6] < Research
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]

146/200
3/8
>>
File: HE WAS RIGHT HE WAS ALWAYS RIGHT.jpg (463 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
HE WAS RIGHT HE WAS ALWAYS RIGHT.jpg
463 KB, 5000x5000
>>26936339

>Something was wrong. She could feel the walls pressing in on her. This entire building was a clever trap.
>And she was smack bang in the middle of it.
>Sunny began to sweat and cast glances at the door.

[1d6+6] <Research
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]
[1d6+6]

184/200
4/8
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.