[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Humiliates herself by being too cocksure and not paying attention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13
>Humiliates herself by being too cocksure and not paying attention
>Starts getting teased because of this mistake
>Decides the best course of action is to start acting like her friends instead of just not being such a cunt

What exactly was her thought process here?
>>
>>27907338
that of a woman
>>
>>27907345
/thread
>>
>>27907338
>Dave Rapp is a terrible writer and he shouldn't write ever again
Agreed.
>>
File: Wha.png (40 KB, 630x369) Image search: [Google]
Wha.png
40 KB, 630x369
>>27907338
>Rainbow Dash.
>Thinking.
>>
>>27907345
HA! I haven't had a laugh that good on this board in quite some time
>>
>>27907338
I have no idea
Kids in school who are being bullied try to act as peer who are not bullied?
>>
>>27907545
That's true, but the moral of the episode was literally "bullying doesn't exist, if you feel bad, it's only your fault and no one else's".
>>
File: wtf r u doing you pink cunt.png (191 KB, 357x389) Image search: [Google]
wtf r u doing you pink cunt.png
191 KB, 357x389
>>27907366
I don't know about that. He nailed Rainbow having a learning disability pretty well.

>>27907588
That's not the case at all, and you must have had exactly zero friends or grew up in a hugbox if that's what you took away from this episode.
>>
Something that amazes me is the inability of this board to recognize bullying. Statistically, the share of people here who has been bullied is probably above the average, yet they either don't give a fuck about it because they grew up and they know they won't be bullied again or, I don't know, maybe they pretend they don't care because they want to be like the cool kids. Either way, this lack of empathy is fucking disgusting. I don't care about the rest, but people who were bullied and now defend an episode that promotes bullying deserve a punch in the face.

And yes, it does promote bullying. If you're a bully kid and you watch an episode where a character insults another character, the second character cries, and the moral is that the second character was wrong and the first character was right, the episode is telling you "you're doing nothing wrong, insult whoever you want, it's their fault".

You may say, "no, that's not the moral at all, it has a complex message about whatever". That doesn't matter. It really doesn't. Bullies are stupid and that bully kid will only get the first message, "you're doing nothing wrong". This episode encourages bullies, period. And that's something terrible for any kid's show, but having an episode like that in My Little Pony, no less, is just heartbreaking.
>>
>>27907745
>it promotes bullying
You didn't play team sports in high school, did you? You've never been in the military either, have you?

Because that's how it is mate (ableit exagerated a bit for the purposes of a children's cartoon)
>>
>>27907759
>You didn't play team sports in high school
>You've never been in the military either
Are you retarded? I'm talking about KIDS. It's a KIDS' show. I'm saying that if a bully KID, who obviously hasn't been in the high school nor the army, watches this episode, he'll think that it's ok to insult other KIDS. I know my English is broken, I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think that's a overly complex concept.
>>
>>27907759
Not that anon, but you're an idiot. The entire plot of Newbie Dash happened because she was bullied, and was getting triggered by what the Wonderbolts were calling her. That never happens in a sports team, nor the military. If your a victim of abuse as a child, then none of those groups makes jokes at the expense of your victimized childhood. It tasteless, discourage, and in the military punishable. Hazing is not the same thing, and you couldn't even find a recent article about hazing that can cause harm, or even death the punishment is so sever to stop such stupid act to begin with.
>>
>>27907782
>the punishment is so sever to stop such stupid act to begin with

You haven't been on this planet long. Humans are stupid. Plain and simple. No matter how many rules or anything is set in front of them, they'll still want to press that big, red button even if you've warned them that they'll lose a hand in the process.
>>
>>27907338
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecC2_gz_MoQ
>>
>>27907782
She was only getting triggered because of her ego and because the name they gave her coincidentally happened to be the same one that was used to tease her as a child. If she had any brains about her she would have quietly taken Spitfire aside and told her about this instead of going full DUDE I THINK OF MY FRIENDS AS CARICATURES LMAO.

And you're wrong about people not giving their friends shit in the military or sporting teams, they do that literally all the time. It builds resiliance and shows that you're not above being joked about.
>>
>>27907759
I'm >>27907770 again, I want to apologize for calling you a retard. I wanted to present my arguments, and resorting to insults was a completely stupid move. Sorry.
>>
>>27907782
The entire plot happened to highlight Rainbow Dash's insecurity and how she hides it away and holds onto her ego for comfort. The Wonderbolts didn't know that she was bullied and among them banter is part of the culture. A culture Dash wanted to be a part of, but didn't know that the banter came with the culture and that everyone else went through it.

The moral here is if you want to build trust among friends, family, or coworkers all parties need to be open about their intentions and feelings.
>>
>>27907816
Don't grovel, you spineless retard.
>>
>>27907821
I'll do what I want, man. If I want to be kind, no one can stop me.
>>
>>27907790
You're right, humans are stupid. But we're not talking about human stupidity right now. We're talking about Newbie Dash.

>>27907810
>She was only getting triggered because of her ego
And that would have been fine but you see.
> happened to be the same one that was used to tease her as a child.
That's the whole problem with the episode. If it was just Dash being butthurt for the sake of being butthurt, then it would be a problem in the first place.

>And you're wrong about people not giving their friends shit in the military or sporting teams, they do that literally all the time. It builds resiliance and shows that you're not above being joked about.
No shit people like to make jokes about other people. But the difference between Newbie Dash, and joking around with a sports team, Is that the sports team don't make rape around you if you've been raped. Dash was being triggered because of her bullying, and she thought the Wonderbolts were being serious about it. It wasn't until the end were they went "LOL it's just a joke calm down XD"
>>
>>27907829
>But we're not talking about human stupidity right now. We're talking about Newbie Dash.

Wow. I was about to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you just proved my point.
>>
>>27907829
And as I said she should have told them just how unintentionally upset they were making her instead of being retarded and trying to change her image.
>>
>>27907831
If you somehow equate making jokes that trigger some one because of a traumatic event that happen in their life, to pressing a big red button. Thing yes, you are stupid.
>>
>>27907810
>you're wrong about people not giving their friends shit in the military
Can I point that the target audience usually isn't in the military? Dealing with "banter" could be interesting topic for other shows, but it hardly fits in a show aimed at small children who don't know what is it.
>>
File: Laughing Mares.gif (734 KB, 564x360) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Mares.gif
734 KB, 564x360
>>27907843
You really didn't get it, did you?
>>
>>27907840
But then you have no episode now do you? Everything would have been over as soon as Dash talk to Spitfire, and the whole episode would have no way to continue because it hinged on Dash being an idiot.
>>
>>27907338
There was none. Through many episodes RD proved she might be nearly literally braindead.
>>
File: 1425468756509.jpg (11 KB, 245x236) Image search: [Google]
1425468756509.jpg
11 KB, 245x236
>>27907345
>>
File: 1466883686875.png (762 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466883686875.png
762 KB, 1280x720
>>27907819
>The entire plot happened to highlight Rainbow Dash's insecurity and how she hides it away and holds onto her ego for comfort

Hey, hey, everybody
We've got something to say
We may seem as different
As the night is from day
But you look a little deeper
And you will see
That I'm just like you
And you're just like me
>>
>>27907829
>not talking about human stupidity
>We're talking about Newbie Dash

I'm not sure what point you just tried making there. She was being a dumb bitch. People are just as stupid at times.
>>
File: Peter New Wizard.jpg (768 KB, 1007x1024) Image search: [Google]
Peter New Wizard.jpg
768 KB, 1007x1024
>thought
>Crusty cunttm
Is it possible to formulate a sentence with those two words being used within the same context?
>>
>>27907855
The point I was trying to make is Newbie Dash shouldn't have to rely on stupid people do stupid things. If MLP tries to sell itself as a kids cartoon that has a moral every episode. Then every moral should be positive no matter how fantastical the solution to the problem was. And if you want a real life problem episode, Flutterbutter did everything that Newbie Dash couldn't do with a thousand rewrites. It treated a real world problem (fear of failure) with respect, and in the end the moral of the story was positive, unlike in Newbie Dash where the moral is so twisted, you have people trying to defend it as "banter" or "you grow up in a hugbox".
>>
"I don't give a fuck about whether or not the episode promotes bullying amongst children because I can relate to the banter and I'm more important than any bullied child, so that's the only thing that really matters", the thread. Again.
>>
File: fiendship is magic.png (2 MB, 2714x1066) Image search: [Google]
fiendship is magic.png
2 MB, 2714x1066
>>27907854
Hey, hey, everybody!
We're here to shout.
That the magic of bullying is what it's all about.
Yeah!
We thought we were different, as the night is from the day.
Until Absolutely no one helped us to see another way because the writers forgot what this show is all about
>>
>>27907338
The point of this episode, well at least the one they trying to tell you, what it's okay to take some banter. But in this episode, were wasn't just a banter, not a friendly one, that's for sure, and so instead of teaching kids 'how to be able to comprehend this', they show us this.
First of all, what really bugs me, what it's Rainbow Dash, who gets 'bullied', and honestly speaking, I think what RD can tell what's banter and what is bullying, It just so unlike her, to not be able to tell the difference between the two. Like, you tell us, what our hothead, the Ponyville/Cloudsdale prankster, the daremare what was hanging out with Gilda can't take the banter? I'm sorry, but that's not what makes Rainbow Dash herself. Now you could take any other character in the show and throw them in this particular situation, that would allow you to show the same lesson without damaging what has been already established. Except what this episode was her, and while idea behind it was good, it's been poorly executed.
Second and last, it was supposed to be a 'CMC get's they cutie mark' type of episode, but instead of achievement of the dream, we get a lesson type one. It's gets me frustrated. She already know that one. If you want to write a lesson episode, you need to show what she doesn't know or yet to learn. We could've get a lesson about her trying not to be way ahead of the others, since she has been shown to us somewhat like that, and may need to learn to stay with a group under one leader. Or dealing with the idea what she can't show off on public without permission, and while she think's, what she could do better, learn to be content to not outshine all others.
>>
File: image.png (564 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
564 KB, 1600x900
>>27907345
>Rainbow Dash
>woman
Pick one
>>
>>27907846
If an episode has to rely on characters being retarded to advance the plot then, yes, there shouldn't have been an episode. This just shows that the writers are dumbasses.
>>
File: 1456612158679.jpg (26 KB, 352x422) Image search: [Google]
1456612158679.jpg
26 KB, 352x422
>>27907965
Why, can't they write ponies being cute and do horse stuff?
>>
ITT:
Dashfags are retarded again
>>
>>27907345
First post is best post
>>
>>27907338
Dash as Pinkie makes me so hard and I don't know why.
>>
>>27907338
>it's a rainbow dash episode
>it's bad
Pick two.
>>
>>27907338
>thought
>Dash
>>
>>27907345
kek
>>
>its a lets flanderize Rainbow Dash thread
>>
>>27908003
>hur dur I don't know how to contribute to the thread so I'm just going to scream my memes! LOL
Summer will end soon, right?
>>
>>27907338
Where's NRDT anon? He'll set all of you straight with his blatant faggotry
>>
>>27907345
I don't know why this thread needed 47 replies when this was the first response.
>>
>>27907745
>Something that amazes me is the inability of this board to recognize bullying
Maybe it's because she wasn't bullied? You ever consider that? Giving people shit isn't bullying. Especially when it's dished out to everyone, and especially when it's not used to demean.

Dash falsely thought that she was being singled out by the others. Understandable, given her limited time there, but in reality, she wasn't being singled out. And the insulting name wasn't used to put Dash down. It was to make her step up her game.

As someone who's been bullied, I do have sympathy for people who have been bullied. I can also recognize when someone is being bullied. Dash wasn't. She was getting her ego checked. Being an asshole to someone doesn't make them a bully.

For someone who puts on the airs of an empathetic person, you really do have a hard time seeing things from perspectives other than your own. I suggest that you actually learn a thing or two about how people behave in the real world before you spout bullshit.
>>
>>27909959
I love the fact that you used just my first sentence because it was poorly written so you can completely ignore the rest of my post. I didn't ask you to emphasize with Dash, I didn't mean that Dash was bullied, I mean that the episode promotes bullying because any bully kid who watches it would think that there's no difference between what he does and what happened in the episode. So, since the "friendly banter" is right, any bully kid would will think that he's doing nothing wrong when he insults other kids. And that's why the episode is terrible.
>>
File: rd107_45.jpg (129 KB, 634x310) Image search: [Google]
rd107_45.jpg
129 KB, 634x310
>>27907338
FUCK YOU!

This pony is pure. This episode shows that there is no chemistry between them at all. Get the fuck out Rarafag, stop shitting on superior waifus.
>>
>>27910182
>any bully kid who watches it would think that there's no difference between what he does and what happened in the episode
And so how is that the show's problem? Because kids are too stupid to understand it? And how are you so certain of that? Do you really think kids bully because they don't realize their words and actions hurt? No. They do realize it, and that's why they do it. If a kid says mean things because they're unaware of how their words are taken, then they'll change their actions once they understand. A bully will not change their behavior once they see how bad it hurts their victims.

A bully is not a bully because they're ignorant. They're bullies because they enjoy seeing others put down.

You can keep talking, but you're still going to be wrong.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.